Why is power and wealth becoming more and more concentrated into big cities? 25 years ago...

Why is power and wealth becoming more and more concentrated into big cities? 25 years ago, people predicted the opposite - that technology would make it possible to "work from home" while living in small towns. A few people do that, but mostly, the opposite happened. Why?

Attached: 190209_12_48_23_5DS22623.0[1].jpg (1820x1213, 324K)

Other urls found in this thread:

realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/2011-Mission-St_South-Pasadena_CA_91030_M22336-90378
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Sexual shit

Cause city people are smart

People getting shittier

>doesn't know what suburbs are
>tries to make a point
>fails

they're better places to live for many people
suburbs are trash tier

Suburbs of what? Suburbs are part of larger urban areas.

You're absolutely wrong. Read William Gibson's Sprawl trilogy. Lots of people predicted the urban growth of today. The reason for this is technology mega corporations. They have so much more material and capital wealth than any other type of business in their areas and they can change the political and economic landscape of a region overnight. Cities such as New York try to fast-track numerous legal and taxation changes in an attempt to woo the business of these megalithic entities (Amazon).

Because of the disparity in wealth and living conditions in our city centers, cities which house the tech-elite have seen a slow but steady increase in suburban sprawl as that 25 year old manager at Apple moves in with his three roommates next door to your mom and dad. Of course, these young professionals all carry a modern urban attitude and aesthetic so we slowly start to see the cycle appear. Nice and new property is developed, people move in, in 5-10 years the place is starting to look like uptown Chicago so the developers build more nice and new properties further outside of town.

Cities are literal shitholes senpai.
Top fucking kek.

Attached: trash.jpg (1024x683, 478K)

>tries to double down
>fails
Suburbs and exurbs are not rural but are nothing like urban centers.
Trying to suggest they are is dishonest.

Attached: file.png (988x1038, 1.3M)

Agenda 21.

Universities kidnap your children. Start a homestead and collect state-bux.

Dodging tranny hooker spit and identifying homeless piss on the place you're about to sit in the rat-hole called the "subway" requires superior mental capacity.

Only sociopathic assholes make too much money and cities are a perfect place for them.

Because most people have no discipline working at home, and needs a boss over their shoulder constantly, and also, collaboration becomes too hard, too many emails, too many messages.

i'm pretty fond of the city that i live in senpai

UN agenda to bring everyone into urban centers. Why? Maybe easier to control or eradicate. The cover story is that it's good for the environment not to sprawl out. I agree it's really stupid and a step backwards, but globalists are crazy stupid so I'm not suprised.

The relevant trend is "urbanization." Suburbs are part of urban areas. Look at pic related - some of that land is in the city of Los Angeles, and some is in adjoining suburbs. But functionally, they are all urbanized.

Attached: Los Angeles.jpg (2835x2259, 1.68M)

It's not a big deal guys lol

Attached: don't worry about it lol.png (591x657, 59K)

Seems like most people don't like living in towns anymore. They want to go to events and parties and restaurants

Work from home is bullshit, and only the suckers at the low end of the IQ/productivity distribution fell for it. Everyone else realized that getting ahead at work, even in a tech company, requires that you be physically in an office. Out of sight, out of mind. Folks who work from home get left out of meetings, lose out on office politics, and fail to build the social bonds that will get them promotions and new jobs.

>muh rat race success

They aren't stupid. Just purposely destructive. They know exactly what they're doing and why.

Not everyone is smart enough to do those kinds of jobs. That and the fact that they would have to pay American workers too much to do them, and they would rather outsource it to India.

Nigger, I grew up in California, don't pretend suburbs all look like that.
pic related is Pasadena, 10 miles from downtown LA

Attached: pasadena.jpg (1020x680, 222K)

ho
le
shih
looks like mexico city

That's been the case since the 1500s senpai, the only difference is that urban cores are housing far more people and the suburbs are failing as a result.

Suburbs are doing great in comparison to cities especially exurbs.

it's like you can't even read

isnt it obvious?
it is much easier to "recycle" them if you can get them all in one place.

>9 million dollars

get your faggot ass back on the road - gotta get to work on time to sniff your boss' asses some more

shit is only sexual in denmark and r kelly's basement.

Attached: th.jpg (474x358, 20K)

pathetic neet fuck. stop making excuses for yourself and take responsibility for a change

Degenerates love cities because there are more opportunities to practice their degeneracy.

Attached: 1550888649797.jpg (2208x1242, 370K)

Idk but I travel the US driving semi and I often uber into large cities to people watch and observe degeneracy. It never fails to amaze me how accepting NPCs are of sitting in endless traffic, waiting hours to get into the "hip" resturant or venue and being in each others ass every waking minute like cattle. I live 30 minutes from the nearest walmart and my neighbor is a state forest and fresh water natural lake. It wouldnt surprise me if one of my people neighbors owned a tank because everyone up here is armed to the teeth. I can take my child out in public and watch old whites smile and talk to him, no degeneracy in site just friendly self sufficient whites. Wouldnt trade it for the world.

Attached: PART_1553994402677.jpg (438x429, 57K)

Pretty much this. American culture - for whatever (((reason))) - has no place for a chill small town environment. No one wants to live in a nice rural cottage with a dozen acres and a dusty post office.

People who want to engage in sodomy, and in functional sodomy - i.e., casual sex without reproduction - need to concentrate in cities so they can have different butt buddies each Friday night. Living in the city helps reduce shame since your neighbor and therapist are unlikely to see or notice you out taking it up the butt on Saturdays.

Post bretton woods destroys the currency making service jobs the only thing stable long term, also welfare state money is injected in the cities to gain votes while everyone is taxed for them.

We are about to reach peak keynsianism as soon as the next crisis happens this whole crap will collapse.

Indeed.

Attached: 180829-navy-drag-queen-1-ew-1121a_b86f6d276871d403186d4c957eee0d73.fit-1240w.jpg (1240x828, 247K)

That's the trend, though. Even within states and individual regions - the "main city" is accumulating importance while "outlying areas" slowly decline. I saw this recently in Boise, relative to other places in Idaho - it seems like an unstoppable trend.

Attached: 170605cc-1784-1798x1200[1].jpg (1798x1200, 801K)

$1.3M
realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/2011-Mission-St_South-Pasadena_CA_91030_M22336-90378
For comparison:
>The median home value in Los Angeles County is $623,800

Hey I have been a neet most of my life. There is a lot they don't tell you about not working.
When we are born we have to go to school very soon. We get into a routine of working. Normies grow up working, they don't really think about whether or not it's necessary. When they don't work, they feel lazy and that they should get a job soon. When you neet long term you break this cycle that has been drilled into you since you were literally a child. Neeting itself is a red pill that takes affect over time, the longer you are away from it, the more absurd the workweek starts to look in retrospect. Normies wake up on a fucking alarm clock... even in hunter gatherer days they at least got sleep. In retrospect it's like racial differences, how the fuck did they actually convince people we weren't different, etc? Look at the planet, concrete jungles of worker bees.

I actually believe the whole reason school exists is not to teach you, but to develop a certain skillset and condition slavery from an early age.
>waking up early
>being at certain places at certain times
>respecting authority figures, doing what they say
>forcing through work even if it is boring sometimes
None of these are truly necessary. We could be doing work on our own times, developing machines to do repetitive shit, etc. So basically, yes, you are right. It's slavery. But even if you tell normies this, even if they UNDERSTAND. At best you'll just get
>"Lol that's funny, but most of us do have to work, it is necessary and better to have more money."
I tried to save them. "You don't have to work." But they are conditioned like stockholm syndrome. They feel idle, when they don't have to work they actively seek it anyway, like good slaves crawling back to the master. Because it's all they knew since kindergarten. Schedules and authority figures.

Attached: 1553983942387.gif (380x255, 982K)