It's harder to retire poor than to retire comfortably

It's harder to retire poor than to retire comfortably.

"muh circumstances" - yeh well compound a small number for 40 years then get back to me.

Attached: B3D3CF3B-EDC9-4CE0-8BFC-10C466937003.jpg (1110x835, 310K)

Other urls found in this thread:

investopedia.com/articles/financial-advisors/011916/why-6040-portfolio-no-longer-good-enough.asp
investopedia.com/terms/f/four-percent-rule.asp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The government will make sure all of your saved assets are depleted before giving you any assistance in old age. At the end of your life you will have nothing left to pass on to your children

>tfw $25k+ 5 years into my 401k

Attached: 1552389799419.jpg (1024x903, 70K)

Tfw 47 and approaching $2 million in retirement savings

Attached: C19FB616-7F0F-444D-A419-A98023C358F9.gif (220x220, 380K)

There is truth in this but your care and living standards are much better if you pay for it yourself versus having the government pay for it.

Attached: 559[1].jpg (488x351, 24K)

How the fuck do you retire with 25k???
That's not even a year of "comfy living"

They don't teach money management in school anymore. They are too busy teaching LGBT/Gender/BlackHistory to teach people actually life skills.

$25k will be worth about tree fiddy by the time you retire

I think everyone should retire :)

The fuck. I'm 32 and have $170k in my 401k and feel like I'm behind

You will not last even 3 years with that.
wtf

People in that age group need 10 times that amount just to be poor

Believe what you like but honestly it really isn’t that hard to do.

Attached: 8554D34E-6950-4FCC-A709-51ADEF059A08.gif (500x235, 825K)

whatever. i ride a motorcycle so if anything i shouldnt be paying jack fuck all since ill die way before retiring age

They do teach money management, but it's all geared towards wage slavery.

This.

I am 38 and have $1.2 million. It really wasn't that difficult. Just save and invest.

ITT people "have" retirement savings that are numbers in a database

Boomers are dumb and destructive and have no foresight , who would have thought.

My retirement is fucked. I invested 4% for the past 15 years and the market I was invested in took a dive, idk what the fuck happened but I have $40k in my retirement and just plan on working until I die.

This. Im 18 and a billionaire. Want to find out how? Just enter your e-mail adress and buy my book!

Attached: 1538313124183.jpg (402x487, 11K)

investopedia.com/articles/financial-advisors/011916/why-6040-portfolio-no-longer-good-enough.asp

Could get into issues like me, I had about $30k that much in and had to cash out to pay for major expenses. Most of my savings goes to private brokerage in case I ever need it again. Then it's only 15% on the profit instead of 30 straight up.

No you don’t.

You’re probably 15, like most idiots here

If you have this much, why not stop working now? That's median income just on dividends.

>put your money in our financial instruments, goyim

Other guy here, stop being a poorfag. If you make 80-90k a year, saving 25k by being a loser and staying holed up inside is SUPER easy. Plus, we are in histories longest bull run (good stock market), so lots of people are hitting peaks before the crash.

Attached: Capture.jpg (949x436, 36K)

kek if I'm not dead by 50 I'll off myself anyway
Fuck living old and weak in whatever debauched mutt world that is the future

Attached: 1485864902329.png (402x407, 182K)

>$25k for retirement
Fucking boomers.

Attached: Capture.jpg (1140x509, 51K)

This. Growing old and retiring is for homos

Between my 401 and Roth IRA I'm sitting at about $45k at 25

Work on the brexit you bitch ass pedo cUK

>They don't teach money management in school anymore. They are too busy teaching LGBT/Gender/BlackHistory to teach people actually life skills.

Who the hell needs to formal education to learn they shouldn't be spending every penny they earn?

That'll be seized by Cortasio Ortiz of Kamarla Harris

You can only safely withdraw roughly 3.5% a year. On one million, thats only 35k for life. In addition to this, he is likely bunching up house value which is not a compounding asset nor an asset that can be liquefied.

Personally, I want to retire at 2 or 3 million. Really depends on goals, how big of a family you have, what you want house and car wise, if youre aiming for a goal number out of ego, etc.

That's nothing. I have 5 million at 34. Are you even trying? Poorfags, when will they learn?

I've got my guns so I'm not too concerned

What's a 60/40 portfolio?

You are delusional if you think that type of money redistribution is ever happening. Imo, however, they will eventually remove Roth and Trad IRA's or at least stop boosting the limit yearly.

In Canada, weve had some issues wherein some people get too lucky with their investments in a roth ira and our IRS has tried to enforce rules a bit differently for them/penalizing them for gambling in their savings account.

But personally, I've never seen or even heard or even read an article about this happening. I think it's been an empty threat for now at least.

Stock/Bond

Demographic makeup of USA.

There's plenty of stocks, mutual funds, and ETFs designed to beat that in dividends alone. Yeah, you'd need more as time goes on, but I'd assume someone not larping who has that much saved already has their house paid for. If not, they're retarded.

What are those?

when people give numbers for portfolios that add up to 100, they are talking about bonds and stocks. Wherein bonds give you less money on average (4-5%) and stocks give a bit more (7-10%). Stocks tend to be more volatile (prone to crashes and spikes) which can fuck you if you want to retire but 2008 stock crash happens and you have to wait another 6 years.

In essence people usually start with a full stock portfolio and then move to a full bond portfolio so that they dont get last minute surprised pre retirement.

In this case however, hes assuming 60/40 for the whole time span, the reason for this is that NORMIES see a crash in the stock market and immediately take everything out and panic, which is why investment dudes will often recommend more bonds, even though its a poor mathematical choice, so that people dont panic and fuck themselves over. This is what they mean when they talk about "conservative portfolios" or "aggressive portfolios".

I'm 49 and can go into early retirement next year. I will be getting $2300 a month until I am 59, then my 401k will kick in. right now, I have $315,000 in my 401k and it tells me my monthly income would be around $4-5000. also, I currently have $50,000 in cash I need to invest and will be getting an inheritance of $100k in the next few months. I figure I can invest that into stock and get a monthly dividend. should I retire? am I doing the right thing. I have no debt, I own my house and my car. I carry no credit card debt.

Most people. They're fucking morons.

My parents dont plan to retire, they could since they make good money but neither wants to. What do you even do when you're retired short of going to Asia and fucking whores?

Stocks and bonds

if you are investing for the dividend, does it really matter if the value of the stock falls or rises?

>I have $315,000 in my 401k and it tells me my monthly income would be around $4-5000
Do you plan on only living another 10 years? because that's the only way that's happening.

>There's plenty of stocks, mutual funds, and ETFs designed to beat that in dividends alone

Stock and dividend bonds are equal in returns, actually, stocks that dont give dividends have seen more gain on average than dividend bonds ( in part thanks to venture capital like Amazon returning 20x on value of stock but no dividend).

Your assumption that there are many etfs which give a 3-4% return is very wrong, wherein most dividends are closer to 2 or 3%. They still want the reinvestment potential to increase their stock value and stay relevant in the market.

The USA is only 50% White

non-white/white I assume.

No, as long as it's not a terrible loss, because any smart board would lower the dividend then.

Lose your mind sitting inside all day
Retirement is a meme
When I'm too old to do real work I plan on teaching bullshit at a community college until I croak
Get to grab ass 18 year olds all day

I have no idea, that is what the program tells me.

Lol my great grandma just passed at 97 and she had well over 1 mil left. Learn to invest kiddos.

Most people are absolutely retarded. I have $60k saved and I’ve only been out of college and working for less than two years

33 and semi retired here.
Own 1br condo out right.
Have enough for about 2500 income but i work part time and do odd jobs.

I own an old car I'll never have anything nice or a family or travel etc but I'm a book worm and go read, work out and play in my wood shop.

I have to do things to cut cost like cook my own cleaning etc so time gets filled.

Not rich but fact I am out of the race is worth a lot. Plus if i ever want can always an hero.

>using medians

Attached: 1554096563254.gif (350x350, 881K)

investing for the dividend is mostly a meme wherein you could simply have the stock value rise and sell it instead. It depends on tax strategies but that's a different story altogether.

The answer is yes but no.

Wherein stock value is an expected measure of dividend yield (how much % and how much that represents). So technically, the stock value could be a penny and you could get millions, but realistically such a stock would have its value shoot to the stars immediately.

In essence, dividend stocks are mostly for good feels as opposed to some actual strategy.

I'm not saying don't reinvest dividends at all, but you're claiming dividend return is about what real estate is and that's not true at all. Not sure about leafland, but here you get a tax break for automatically reinvesting dividends for most companies.

so blue chip stocks don't normally give stable dividend?

>Pay into pension plan
>Fund manager skims off the top
>Company gambles your life savings on toxic debt
>Scheme not covered by state law
>Board of directors ride into the sunset with multi million dollar compensation for their unexpected losses
>Retire
>Oh sorry goy, there's no money.

You are better off buying shitcoins/gram gold each month and cashing out in 40 years

Everyone starts off with a lot. Just wait till a market crash makes it vanish

That actually sounds like a pretty good plan

Doesnt matter, stop meming. If it feels as though policy is moving in that direction, we will slowly move our assets to tangibles and offshoring them. No Western country is able to partake in egregious wealth redistribution without having most of it fall through its hands.

Well, dividends are quarterly and right now I and lead are arguing on the percentage return. He says around 3%, I'd say you could pull around 5 if you managed it well, you won't get $4k a month off that seed. It's assuming you're cashing out the seed money and will die within a decade or two.

you only get taxed on profits, thats why dividend reinvestment gives a "tax break". It's the same logic that lets people say "its not a loss till you sell"

Yes, they're the most stable. Blue chips are stable established companies. They may not give the highest because their growth isn't outrageous, but it's the most stable.

>You can only safely withdraw roughly 3.5% a year.

Failure rates are coloured by the Great Depression

In reality 5% is probably safe especially if equity heavy

low iq comment but crash is indeed inbound. Chinas going to cause it because ayyyyyyyyyyyyy lmao housing market. Canada is the same but also because of slit-eyes

Attached: NOT A BUBBLE.jpg (570x388, 46K)

That reinvestment was still income though, even if you reinvested it immediately. Same reason a wash same gets penalized.

would that be the amount if I kept working until age 65, another 15 years? not sure if the program assumes I am going to do that.

>tfw 33k 3 years into my 401k and I make

Fuck off, grandad

5% only works if you don't want to withdraw in perpetuity. It's a big risk IMO

investopedia.com/terms/f/four-percent-rule.asp

25K? holy shit those people are fucked.

Usually annually rebalanced to get back to 60% stocks 40% bonds

It's a "boring Mom&Pop" portfolio which is brutally hard to beat over the long term, because it can be implemented very cheaply and is mechanical, vs an emotional human attempting to pick stocks and/or time the stock market.

ITT: We bitch and moan about how stupid Americans who've never been paid adequately to save for retirement by the Jews in charge are because they've never had the two nickels to rub together to incentivize them to learn anything about finance.

>Hahahahahaha those dumb goyim haven't saved $10k annually of their $19k per year job to help pay for the $100k medical bills they'll have to pay when they're 65 if they make it that long and they won't be able to afford a cardboard box to retire in. Stupid goyim!

>25 with no 401k or savings
>job doesnt offer any benefits
>plan on starting my own flooring business within next two years

How fucked am I?

The calculator is likely defaulted to assuming you'll be "retired" for about 15-20 years no matter the age you personally are thinking of doing it. Probably defaults to you doing so at maximum ss age.

Im assuming were talking in the context of a tax-deferred account. You know your stuff though so I'm not going to fight it out, but basically, yes but no.

Wed have to get into a debate on capital gains vs dividends at that point and im not willing to.

No they aren't
Big daddy government will make sure to redistribute your earnings to them

>Doesnt matter,
Yes it does.

so it seems I need to talk with someone, would I just go to a financial advisor or are there retirement advisors.

Yes dividends are a meme.

Dividend yield + buyback yield = shareholder yield. S&P 500 shareholder yield is pretty consistent.

>brutally hard to beat over the long term

no, its very easy to beat over the long term, just put everything in stocks.

As long as no debt you're not too bad honestly

7.25 year over year for 20 years is pretty tough though

not in the context of finance, weve got dedicated racism threads all around, please stick to those.

nigger.

>25 with no savings or 401k
>current job doesnt offer benefits
>plan on starting own flooring business within 2 years.

How fucked am I?

Oh, I assumed you seen my initial post where I said I only did private now since I got burned on penalty having to cash out a tax deferred account for big life expenses. Yeah, on an IRA you've got different plan.

Jews didn’t teach me about that

There's retirement advisors but honestly I'd take their opinions with a huge grain of salt
Remember that they exist to sell you products and not your best interest

>not in the context of finance
Yes, also in that context. There will be nowhere to move your money because everything will be shit

thanks, I will have to look at it a little harder. what should I look at investing my $150,000? all I ever hear is gold or bitccoin.

>$6 a month
>12 months a year
>let's just say 40 years
>total investment is $2880 dollars

Attached: Tai-Lopez.jpg (639x359, 32K)

Interesting