Immortality

Are we immortal? What are the ramifications of this? What have we been forever and where are we going? How does it work, if we only live once shit don't really matter if we are coming back I want to know how and why we are mankind now.

Attached: 76543234567.jpg (600x921, 72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

unz.com/akarlin/aubrey-de-grey-getting-more-optimistic-on-life-extension/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Even is SOMETHING survives after your death (soul, shmoul, whatever), all your earthly experience, memories, personality traits and everything else that makes you - you, all of this is stores in the brain as physical entities, and therefore dies with your body.

Ya why worry about being immortal if you can't be aware of the fact?

Go to the gym, OP

YA but I want to know about animals and heaven. Why do you get to be a human and a fly is a fly. Whats the big picture here.

he best evidence as to how we got here is that we evolved through our lower animal selves to be human now. Our direct ancestors were us and somehow we got our start on this planet over 700 million years ago, when life is first said to have evolved. Still nearly a billion years is a blink of an eye compared to our immortal spirits. This suggests that time and evolution is cyclical or goes in cycles because if it were linear we would be more evolved than we are now since we would have literally forever to do it.

If particles could by chance come together to form the basis for life and that life could flourish to the point of complex intelligent life in the form of us human beings then I see no reason why you can't live more than once. It might not be in this universe, it could be 100s of millions of years from now, it could even be after this universe eventually dies its heat death and a new big bang forms a new universal iteration. It's all chance, but if it has happened once there's no reason it can't happen again.

Well I personally think that there is only one immortal spirit, like a global information consumer.

If Heaven and hell are both eternal have we been in the animal realm forever? Is heaven if it exists eternal? The gift of God is eternal life.

If we have been in hell forever until just recently what does that mean how did it happen. OR is cyclical maybe we have been in heaven before and went back to hell forever. Maybe heaven isn't even possible if we haven't reached it by now

We're probably all part of some grand consciousness which itself generated matter. I also subscribe to the notion that physical bodies channel consciousness rather than generate it. All of reality is produced from consciousness itself which is all that really exists, our sense of being is based upon a set of constraints which partition us from the great consciousness thereby producing the illusion of our solitary existence which we perceive to be bound in matter.
Other thoughts:
>not all humans are conscious, some or most of us are just beasts
>I unironically think if you're a woman or a lower race you have a higher chance of being a beast, but if there are conscious humans to be found in every strata of life, from African to Indo-European, man to woman, slave to nobility, and beasts in every strata as well
>Even if it's all just physical and if you die nothing happens (which is what we are taught to believe is true from a young age) that would be pretty alright. It's like being asleep forever. There are worse things.
>This reality is pretty hellish and most people are oblivious to how hellish it is in their conscious mind although their subconscious mind is aware of the constant torment
Also this:
If you're just an arrangement of matter then by sheer probability you will eventually come to exist again. This is to me is one of the worst outcomes because then there truly is no escape. We're just the meat slaves of the universe, appearing and disappearing only to suffer again and again. How awful.
A sane person would want to escape physical existence in whatever way he could, shit sucks.
>t.140 IQ and wondering about existence for years now

That's a lot of assumptions. Why wouldn't the universe upload backups or just randomly generate your existence again?

I agree, it can be a scary concept. But we only know the configurations of matter that are familiar to us. Who's to say you couldn't actually be a dog, an elephant or some alien creature given enough time? Who's to say you haven't been one already? Given enough time, you'll eventually become the girl of your dreams, or your ideal role model if this theory holds true. Theres always hope for that user.

They wouldn't be me, though. If I'm just an arrangement of matter then me is all I can ever be.
Actually, to be completely truthful, if all I am is an arrangement of matter then there is no "I". There is only the arrangement. The "I" I sense is an illusion that arises from the arrangement, persisting only as long as the arrangement persists.
Also, every moment there is a different arrangement, therefore a different "I" which falsely remembers "being" the past "I". But this arrangement never was the past "I", he only believes that he recalls an experience of it which in reality is just a particular thought pattern that he is engaging in.
If the theory that all we are is matter is true then Buddha is pretty on the money about how the self does not exist but suffering exists.

But doesn't that coincide with your earlier post that we are all a product of a grand consciousness? I'm not an atheist, I'm agnostic. I also believe that there is a force out there that has arranged all of this together. I also believe that there are some inherent mysteries of reality that science will never be able to explain. Consciousness may be one of them.

>they're gonna be in that room again.. and again.. and again. Forever.

>But doesn't that coincide with your earlier post that we are all a product of a grand consciousness?
I don't know what you mean. I'm speaking under the assumption that the atheistic/materialistic perspective is true and we're just physical bodies, if that clears it up.
Rest of your post I agree with.

Well if we are all part of a grand consciousness as you suggest, then every iteration of your life, although you may not recall your pasts, will still be you. Maybe karma and reincarnation have the right idea and that the reason we don't recall these pasts is to experience a "rebirthing" maybe as atonement, punishment or just because that's the way the grand consciousness wills it. All we can do is speculate.

Yes I believe that as well. I don't think it coincides with a materalist's take on reality but that what you're saying is closer to what my actual belief is.

This is why I believe in these inherent mysteries. If we could discover that we are "meat slaves" as you put it, would we want to continue this existence?

you wouldn't have a choice meat slave. Your existence will be rewound like a VHS tape to played again and again and again.. eternity fren, eternity.

No.

unz.com/akarlin/aubrey-de-grey-getting-more-optimistic-on-life-extension/

Attached: 8FEA7790-CEB4-4485-B9A7-4EAD13F61098.png (1700x850, 369K)