Does anyone else fucking hate nerds?

I don't hate people with interests in sci-fi, or fantasy, or anime, or other similar shit, but I've had waaaaaay to many dealings with "nerds", where they just prove, time and time again, that they're usually as ugly on the inside as they are on the outside.

In hindsight, I guess it kind of makes sense. Wow, growing up anti-social means you'll lack social tact and immersing yourself in vidya games and anime to escape real life will make sure you grow up to be very out of touch with the real world and the people living in it? Who knew? Wowzers, what a shockers! And also, who knew growing up under the shadow of regular, socially competent teenagers in highschool would make you resent them and would make you develop deep-rooted insecurities in the future? Wow! Color me surprised!

I mean, I get it. In middleschool and highschool, people fucked with me a lot because I was fat, nerdy, and I was way into science fiction and didn't know how to talk to girls. I was a nerd's nerd. But then I went to college, realized I needed to wake up, started to lift, started to learn how to talk to girls, started to learn how to dress right and cut my hair and all that jazz, and suddenly all my nerd friends actively begin to despise me? My friends of EIGHT years just decided to fuck with me simply because I started to look different and talk to girls? What the FUCK? I can assure you, I didn't act any different around them, I still shared their same interests and played the same games and watched the same movies. I was the same person, just better, and because of that they shunned me and lied about me and talked about me behind my back? Is that what men do? Talk behind each other's backs?

That was my first wake-up call. Then I realized it was the same everywhere I went. I joined my school's LARP club, because I used to LARP all the time in highschool.

cont.

Attached: 384EB64B00000578-0-image-a-102_1473797367588.jpg (634x401, 46K)

Yeah, I began to beat them because they were all out of shape, I had a lot of experience in highschool, and I recently picked up boxing. There's a "No 100%" rule which means you can't hit with 100% force, and I NEVER did, but the more I won, the more petty they became and eventually started whacking me in the head with 100 percent strength (also no headshot rule). I played nice. I never gloated. I never spoke. I mostly just showed up for practice, brought some snacks, smiled, laughed, and said "good job" after a game. That's it. I never pursued any of the girls because I knew they wouldn't like that. I always brought my own weapons because I didn't want to be a burden. I always offered tips and techniques, but they just got all haughty like they were above me. Like they wouldn't take advice from a "dirty jock".

Now every time I go to a comic-con, I see it all the time. Everywhere I go. I always get insecure dudes sizing me up, looking at me like I don't belong, and I just want to do the shit I used to do before I got fit and started talking to girls.

Personally, when I first started working out and was a fat slob, the Chads at the gym were nicer and more supportive to me than any of my friends were. I honestly think nerds are ugly people on the inside.

I know a handful of nerds that are cool, and I like them a lot. I have ONE friend from my old group who DIDN'T shun me for changing, and he's my best friend in the whole world, but now that I'm beginning to teach him how to lift and taking him out to meet girls, my old friend group is starting to shun him too, and he's done literally fucking nothing. He was always the peace keeper of the group and never started shit, but now they're just dogpiling him because he wants to get better too.

Fuck nerds. Honestly. Fuck them.

First, I will pick apart your complaints:
> my nerd friends actively begin to despise me
That's because you grew up and they didn't.
> they shunned me and lied about me and talked about me behind my back
That's because they're insecure about you. Deep down, they know that you have gotten better at life and they have probably even fallen. You, having self improved, pose a threat to their group sense of masculinity so they do as pussies do.
>Is that what men do? Talk behind each other's backs?
No. It's what betas do. I get complaining about coworkers and others and not wanting to cause a scene, but petty gossip should be left in middle school.
> I never pursued any of the girls because I knew they wouldn't like that.
Don't always listen to your dick, but your friend group should not decide your woman. You should.
> I honestly think nerds are ugly people on the inside.
Nerd is buzzword these days I'll get to this...
>I have ONE friend from my old group who DIDN'T shun me for changing
That nigga is a life long friend.

Next I will reflect on it with my own experiences:
I've gone through this too so let me give you my two cents: You don't hate nerds in general, you hate a certain kind. I know these people too. I can't call them incels because I know some that have gotten more pussy than me. But they:
>They don't shower.
>They wear dad shoes un-ironically and are not dads.
>They always have to one up you.
>They can't hold a conversation with girl.
>Watch anime, and the anime that they watch is better than yours so have "shit taste" and they're better than you.
>They also play better games you.
>By the way, they get better grades than you and when you do better it was just luck.
>You'll find them either with the school anime club or in their rooms that also smell.
>And most of all, they think they're right and you are always wrong.

Shit, I'm running out of space...

The thing I hate the mist about nerds, even more than their obnoxiousness is how dumb they are.

Finally, I will give advice:
These are the kinds of people that either have mild but high functioning autism or just never grew up.They're naive and foolish. I have a few in my life like that. I have left them all behind, but only because I had real friends to take with me and new friends that I made along the way to the present.
While I do look back and cherish the times we spent, I now see them as a shadow of who we once were. If they want my help, I will still probably be there for them, but honestly, they are just not worth it anymore if they won't grow the hell up. I started off with hate and generalizing too. But there are still good people out there who happen to be nerdy but are really fun to be around.

The kind of person you're describing is one that is very insecure about themselves. They've pigeonholed themselves into a group (an echo chamber) of self pity and the wallow together in it they just don't know it. I'm happy you escaped.

I say don't hate them too much because I promise you, the effort you're spending to hate will do nothing to change them. The start begins with them. As for you, keep improving yourself and keep the option to help them open, but only if they ask you.

>I don't hate people with interests in sci-fi, or fantasy, or anime, or other similar shit, but here's 8000 words about why they're all terrible people all of them

Thanks I enjoyed reading your blog

Yeah, you're right about a lot of that. I'm just really angry right now because just a few days ago I finally snapped at them after they invited me to play games, and they just spent the whole night ignoring me and telling me to shut the fuck up every time I told a joke (and then immediately afterward, one of them would tell a joke and they'd all laugh).

I don't want to lose my friends of 8 years, and it hurts that they'd do this to me because I still remember all the good times we had in middleschool and highschool. Thinking back on it, they were definitely insecure and pathetic back then, but back then it just seemed like they were being themselves in their own, weird way.

I'm just so angry at them and how they could betray me like that, but I'm also sad and hurt too. I think maybe it's possible I've been taking my anger out on every nerd in general, and maybe that isn't so healthy...

I'm sorry you hate people like me. I don't want to bother anybody. I just want to watch anime and play video games in peace.

Attached: sad_girl_swimming_pool.jpg (800x600, 95K)

No, I don't hate you, user. I'm still just very angry at my friends, and I think I need to calm down.

Attached: 1427395057953.jpg (960x723, 42K)

I understand. I've been through the motions too.
I would say DON'T do what I did and just leave them in the dust. I do miss some of my old friends a lot but my lines were cut.
Now you that your revealed the game night, it looks to me like they ganged up on you. (Whether it was their intention or not, I don't know.
What I do know is that it happened.)

I would just associate with them less and less. Hang out with other friends, make new friends, just stay busy so have reason not to associate while not seeming like douche. They will talk shit about you behind your back. Accept that, but one day, the shit talking will stop, and they might realize why you're not always around anymore.

Again, don't let the hate boil in you. It's toxic and makes you very jaded.
Next, make sure the signs are clear (even if you don't say it), that because you're still their friend, you'll be there for them if they need you. Best of luck to you!

Thank you, user. I'm actually crying right now because I think I have come to peace.

Attached: 1468959619880.png (650x773, 47K)

elaborate?

You really think it would be any different if you were in the exact opposite situation you described in the OP? i.e. be socially competent and fit, hanging around similar people then over time become a nerd. They would give you the same exact treatment.

Your friends rejected you because people want to be with people like them, not because of their lifestyle or upbringing.

>Your friends rejected you because people want to be with people like them, not because of their lifestyle or upbringing.
Listen to him. Like attracts like.

They just aren't that smart from my experience

I like some things that fit into "nerd culture" like classical music (i play the recorder), history, and some anime but I agree. I'd never call myself a "nerd" anymore, though I was happy that it was becoming tolerated back in the early 2010s. I just don't want to be associated with such insecure people desperate to have some superficial shit to bond over. That's all it really is. They bond over anime and marvel movies so they can immediately fit into a group somewhere. I was finished with that after my heavy metal phase. In my case I was so insecure that I also defined myself as a metalhead so people could judge that facade of edginess instead of something real like my shyness or sensitivity. Idk how many other nerds are like that, but it was big for me. Maybe it's different today since so much presence is online (I'm in my 30s), but back then the way you looked was socially defining.

I'll still like those things, but I'll never let them be a defining part of my personality again. Fuck that.

Like what? IQ? Academics? Street wise? Common sense wise?

Nerds aren't generally low IQ, if that's what you're implying. They can be very lazy and unwise though.

Hahaha user getting all defensive

Honestly, all of the above. I've been underwhelmed by the general intelligence (IQ) of most of nerds I've met, despite stereotypes.

Most of this thread has been about geeks. Superficial, narrow interests are geeks while deep, involved interests are nerds. There's overlap and it can be hard to discern at times, but the stereotypes are math/science/philosophy/literary canon/etc. = nerd, while anime/video games/comics/fantasy/sci-fi/etc. = geek. History, music, and film are the toss ups. They have depth, but lots of people with only shallow interest in them. i.e.: A film nerd will recognize different kinds of cuts, lighting, story-telling, etc. While a geek just watches blindly with no understanding of the choices involved in the production.

I suppose the distinction is more or less meaningless, as they can both be reasonable or trash depending. Though, the shallowness of geek pursuits seems to lend themselves to being trash more frequently.

Not reading your second post because you've whinged enough already.

Just because some nerds turned out to be assholes (your former friends) doesn't mean all nerds are assholes. I can't believe I have to say something so fucking obvious.

>as ugly on the inside as they are on the outside.

Sounds like an excellent self-description

hmm OP I dont know what to say really. I mean I am a nerd but I did grow up but still kept my favorite things. Its because I was taught to be ashamed of what I like.
I'm any case, your friends here, what exactly are they saying to or doing? Are they acting depressed and like being in that mind set? If so I can get that, however their testosterone isnt kicking in, they are emotionally stunted because they fear of dealing with shit too hard to deal with.

I know I’m dumb, most of us realize this...

Geek culture is cancer. There’s nothing good about being a geek.

Sounds like you're plagued by the same insecurities as they are, m8.

I’m kind of like your friends, in that spiteful envy, I’m trying to change but it hurts so much

Attached: 51BDBDB5-D395-44DF-9F29-53EE5D2F1884.jpg (750x750, 92K)

Jocks are mindless drones.

I have this nerd friend who really frustrates me with how inept he is. No doubt he's gifted academically but he is absolutely hopeless in other areas. I often have to guide him on how to book plane tickets and things

That isn't anything to do with nerds. That is just people dawg. Even if you were hanging with the freshest of folk you'd find some of them would be shitty towards you changing, improving, whatever. You might even find that you are developing a hate towards the negative aspects of yourself that you see within them. You shouldn't assume you've lost all these traits just because of a current and maybe brief change. Basically, I can't be fucked to think about this too much, but don't transfer the aspects of yourself that you hate and wish to destroy or bury onto others so you can transfer and destroy the relationships guilt free and thus free yourself of your past.

Phew. Just be chill. Be a chill dude. I was a fat child into computer games. Raised by the interest. I became a skateboarding weed dealing guitar playing skinny teenager in a band who ended up hanging out with anybody. I got into the gym in my early 20's and ended up still pretty weird and swole. I'd describe myself as a nerd still, but I'm also really aware of how labels are often lazy and used by people who don't wish to engage with or fully understand others and instead lump them into a sub culture and it is just a bit stupid, unnecessary and indicative of black and white thinking. People can just be assholes without being an asshole x or y.

Nice made up definitions pseudo-intellectual. I bet you think you're super smart

I'm curious where on the robot scale would you place your former nerd friends?

Attached: robot-test.jpg (1584x957, 424K)

I am regularly told that Im good looking so lets get that out of the way. My best freind talks to a lot of girls regularly, while I never had a sincere interaction with a girl ever. We have been freinds since fifth grade, split school at high school. I got bullied in my new high school and never made freinds there.
Then I went to an engineering college, which has no girls. I didnt get bullied because there no girls for Chads to prove themselves for, and I started to become more of a man and stood up for myself.
Now coming to him, he even hid from me that he had girlfreinds since highschool. He went to med school where he met loads of horny girls. Made a gf there quickly too.
My problem with him was he never even tried to introduce me to his freinds. I didnt even know who he was talking to, so much for being a best freind, although I always did my part despite having these differences, and he respected me for it. He said that I was even respected by the girls at my previous school, even though I never talked to any of the girls.
Then I confronted him on this issue and after showing around some sluts he showed me a really nice girl (I made sure to him that I only need one girl in my life and no retarded casual hookups). Now I have a qt girl I chat with regularly and life doesnt seem so bad.
So there OP, you got your answer, you arent wingmanning enough and hogging all the girls for yourself, which obviously results in resentment as it is a shitty thing to do to your bros.

Attached: 1515598029799.gif (208x238, 79K)