Cavities

Being a person brought up by parents who didn't know or particularly care about dental care, I don't particularly know how to deal with the fact I'm currently suffering from cavities. Currently at least they look like the picture attached, however my dentist has basically said "unless pain becomes extreme, we don't care" and I'm scheduled for another monthly visit. Frankly I'd rather not get into any sort of horrific tooth shit and everywhere and everything I look at can't tell me a straight answer about how to prevent the small pits in pic related from expanding further or if such a thing is even possible.

Help me Jow Forums, you're my a coupe of my teeth's only hope.

Attached: SQ-18-small-600x400.jpg (600x400, 40K)

Go to a different dentist. Cavities don't get better and only get worse, so the faster they are treated, the better.

that's probably a pigmentation spot.
Unless it hurts, it shouldn't be a problem.
Your dentist want to see if it progresses into pitting.

Don't worry when there is nothing to worry about. My dentist has been ignoring shit like that that I was concerned about twenty years ago. And she fixes shit that I don't give a fuck about. Your teeth ain't going to kill you.

>Your teeth ain't going to kill you.

That's what they all say until they get endocarditis. Oral bacteria in badly infected teeth can actually enter the bloodstream and destroy heart valves. It is why you'll often get asked if you had recent dental work when taking a medical history.

There has been some recent research showing that high levels of oral bacteria correlate well with dementia which is kinda scary.

The one on the side of my molar for example can be cleaned for a short period of time before the black shit comes back. I've been at it with a tooth brush for awhile trying to collect all the symptoms I can and to see if it was anything weird like that. And uh, yeah. It hurts.

Fuck off with that shit. OP is visiting dentisl regularly. I'm sure that research was done in the interest of roping customers as well as "saving lives." It is unnecessary stress and you are contributing to that shit.

>OP is visiting dentisl regularly
I'm actually not unfortunately, this was my first check up in multiple years, hence my concerns.

such a small fleck would definitively not hurt. It's probably a coffee spot. Go see another dentist in the meantime.

Stop messing with it. I have a spot that I can put a wire into. Dentist opts to do nothing and I thought it hurt because I was thinking about it. No problems. For Years and years.

I don't drink coffee, so another dentist looks like the best option.

Is as in you said that you did and you will. This is a common freak about nothing. It is in the "how to be a Buddhist handbook" as an example of shit that you get worked up about for no reason. If it becomes a problem, you will solve it.

Could we have a photo of that spot?

they're just called coffee spots. My entire molar is black because I smoke as well.
Get your teeth cleaned/polished, after that cavities will be apparent.

I haven't the capabilities. It is on the side of molar but pretty much like OP. I don't even remember top or bottom because I don't care anymore. There is a little black but it's a hole, so, holes are black. I'll try my camera phone tomorrow if this shit stays hot. I ain't getting outta bed. Sorry.

>There is a little black but it's a hole, so, holes are black.
Holes in teeth are usually transparent though man. Cavities start without any black and usually just a white spot into hole.

Attached: file.png (916x685, 813K)

it matters when you are a kid but basically what I was told and what seems to always be the case is that strong teeth comes from strong Gums. Brush those fuckers even when it bleeds. The blood is stop pretty quick and will stop all together when your gums are healthy strong.

Blaming your parents being a dirty asshole how hard it's too brush your teeth

Well, me and my parents were basically homeless for years so good dental hygiene was generally at the lower ends of the list for that time.

I'm a slav. My peeps barely have any teeth in their maws.
Just brush them, the only thing that matters is that they're all in place.

Stop eating sugar

>usually
Ok, whatever. I have a fucking hole in my tooth. Why all the samefag dental doom and gloom? Are you a dental shill?

personally ive had cavities that simply stopped getting bigger and eventually went away. i think theres good literature to support the notion of enamel repairing itself slowly through minerals from saliva and food, but most dentists just tell you it doesnt because they're utter charlatans and dont know anything about the emerging research

>suffering from cavities
lmao, stop being such a pussy, it's basically nothing. It's a tiny speck and caries is no emergency anyway.

>endocarditis
You get endocarditis if you already have damaged heart valves and a majorly rotten tooth. Someone with a healthy heart and a bit of caries has nothing to worry about.
>oral bacteria correlate well with dementia which is kinda scary.
Correlation is not causation. Might as well correlate simply because people with dementia take shit care of themselves.