Were they considered a polical band

in the 90's?

Attached: 164583653-nirvana-wallpapers.jpg (1920x1080, 553K)

kurt called the rothschilds niggers so sure

*Political

yes they were male feminists.

They wanted to be so so badly but nobody cared. Maybe not Dave but the other two were

no

Dave was their third or fourth drummer and a child when he joined. He was just along for the ride and having fun.

Not political... Have you seen the "Very Ape" vid? Also "Breed" is signature and a half of a song...

Grunge was the beginning of the end for music.

This

What an absolute faggot. Grunge was such shit.

All music was vaguely political. They were a normie band, normie as fuck, everybody liked them they weren't overtly political, more overtly edgy and provocative.

take this to r/music

Attached: #ButtMissile.jpg (1800x1200, 480K)

no. they were a teenage band who made being a mutant socially acceptable.

Everyone knew it was meme politics but not this get

Attached: charlie.gif (500x316, 971K)

He asked if they were political.

Reported.

Attached: Stick em up.png (1000x425, 443K)

Not especially, I saw them in Portland at the No on 9 concert. But their music wasn't much, and they generally didn't discuss it in great length. The were basically average.

Pearl Jam, on the other hand, was always political.

For all the critics of others music, where's your album and how many did you sell? Jack and Shit! Per usual for the critics, as "Those that can do, and those that can't sit and watch those who can".

So you can’t critique anything unless you yourself have done it? You’re an absolute brainlet, and this is coming from someone who enjoys Nirvana.

Grunge was the last great stand. Fuck your 80s androgynous hair bands queer

>grunge
That's not how you spell rap.

No. Politics wasn't in your every waking moment until about 2012, when the world ended.

*Diamond Dallas Page music plays*

Self high five!

Critiquing one and being miserable for, as if the legions of fans must not know what you know is symptomatic, and so are you... Who's the absolute brainlet now?

Not really. They opposed racism/sexism/homophobia (at one point Kurt performing in a dress to protest that), and opposed organized religion, but otherwise their songs were all personal rather than political.

It was a little hard to compete with Rage Against the Machine for being a politically motivated band in the 90's. Pearl Jam did to some extent, Beastie Boys were political about Tibet (due to MCA converting to Buddhism) but I don't remember too much about domestic politics in their work.

I'M A NEGATIVE CREEP
I'M A NEGATIVE CREEP
I'M A NEGATIVE CREEP
AND I'M STONED

No, they were just the forefront of grunge. None of that focus really existed back then. I mean, it did, but it wasn't like today where shit is so one dimensional in the focus. It was more jack of all trades and not specializing or focusing on just one thing. The closest thing to a political band back then was Rage Against the Machine, but they weren't bipartisan so it doesn't fully fit, as they were just anti-establishment in general.

Two words: lazy consumers.
People who bitch and complain about the mainstream's musical offerings and using that as their basis to generalize music genres and music in general while not doing a damn thing to dig for good artists worthy of recognition was the beginning of the end for music.

SAGE
NIGGER THREAD

>thread about one of the last popular white male bands
>nigger thread
Pick one.

I was there, I don't remember ever thinking they were political. They were punk-lite. Light on politics, light on substance. They were basically just angry pop music with punk aesthetics.

I don't have Jews throwing money at me to make soulless shit and I'm not a heroin addict.

the bassist literally became a politician. how is no one mentioning this.

Well, Kurt wrote the song "Monster" about the Clinton Foundation and "committed suicide" before it could be recorded. What do you think?

Attached: Hiladong.jpg (592x501, 117K)

whats a good song by them

Not fucking hardly...

Lithium,
smells like teen spirit
rape me

Bullshit he committed suicide Clintons first year in office.

Tried looking it up, got sauce?

"At this point I have a request for our fans. If any of you in any way hate homosexuals, people of different color, or women, please do this one favor for us — leave us the fuck alone! Don’t come to our shows and don’t buy our records." - Kurt Cobain

He was a good goy in interviews but kept his music mostly apolitical.

he did so after Nirvana broke up and while the band was active he was just an awkwardly tall bass player, that rarely spoke, even for interviews, since they focused on Kurt.

They were faggots

Attached: Kurt-Cobain-feminism.jpg (576x300, 28K)

Yeah.

Not at all. Almost opposite. Nirvana was more about apathy, though they were strongly anti corporate.

>but if you hate white men that’s always great

Kurt always saw themselves as a pop band, I mean he had some punk influences but he was also influenced a lot by the beatles and other pop music. The entire point of Nevermind being produced by Butch Vig was that he wanted to make a pop album, with slick production. The reason why Nirvana was successful vs many other "grunge" bands that formed around the same time as them was they had catchy pop hooks in all their songs. You can easily hum the melody of most of their songs on Nevermind.

Bands like Mudhoney were more raw and not as catchy, didn't take off as well. Alice In Chains and Soundgarden were able to get moderate success being branded as "Heavy Metal", thanks in part to having good vocalists IMO.

daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more.

No. Nothing about them were political. The political bands were stuff like the Cranberries.

Only Zah-ahm-bay, Zah-ahm-bay, Zah-ahm-bay-ayay-ayay-ayay-ohoh-ohoh-ohoh, and that was northern ireland politics rather than US.

This. Still plenty of the good stuff out there. Just got to weed through the overabundance of shit to find it.