House Republicans both 5th resolution to release Mueller report

Here's what I don't get. Even if you 100% believe that Trump is innocent, you would still be in favor of releasing the report. It would be the ultimate lib owning in the history of the US. so why do they not want the report out?

Attached: tf.jpg (900x900, 77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fas.org/sgp/crs/secrecy/R43216.pdf
fas.org/sgp/crs/secrecy/R45456.pdf
pbs.org/newshour/politics/could-congress-force-the-mueller-report-to-be-made-public
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's all a fucking game. The report contains Grand Jury information which by law can not be released. Even though he's President, Trump and anyone else uncharged in the report, still have 4th Amendment rights.

Once they force it out, claiming national security is more important than privacy, they will have no cover. No fallback position.

Even if every page is Grand Jury information, Congress still has the clearance to see it uncensored. Even if it cant be released to the public fully, it should still be given to congress. So why havent they been given the report yet?

Such bullshit, and even Barr's "summary" debunks this. They can redact what shouldn't be in there.

The more suspicious parts of this aren't really that partisan. Barr wrote a 19 page op-ed about how the Special Counsel had no real authority to investigate a sitting president. Last I checked, our President isn't a king. By that logic, our king was a black guy for 8 years. So yeah, the President isn't above cops looking into his shit if they really think he broke a law. On top of that, there are people in Congress who weren't appointed by the dude BEING INVESTIGATED who have the proper security clearances to read this report. I know it was obnoxious having the MSM and Democrats droning about this report for the last 2 years, but it really only ends after the whole thing is released to congress. Anybody saying "dems will never be satisfied" is a partisan shill with dubious intentions. Barr needs to man the fuck up and drop this thing on the proper channels underacted.

Attached: Reporter.jpg (638x744, 93K)

No you retard
Congress is not exempt from rule 6e regarding the disclosure of grand jury materials
There is a well-defined cohort of people who have unredacted access to that information, and Congress sure as shit doesn't qualify

Democrats complaining about conflicts of interest are hilariously unaware of how many COIs were necessary to initiate the Mueller investigation
Liberals were cool with spending 30 million on a multiyear federal investigation, now they can wait a few more weeks for the redactions to be complete

Stop bitching, ffs

Just release the report

If you think the Mueller team didn't hand something over that was freshly ready to be read by congress (not the public) you might have a warped view of how professional these people are. That's not even mentioning well-established precedent (the Starr Report was submitted on a Friday and was out by Monday). Special counsels know how to get these things published so that it's not a pain in the ass to release. Any amount of delay means something truly funky is afoot. Nobody's simply "bitching", we're calling a spade a spade. There's a dude with a metaphorical ticking briefcase that just boarded our airplane.

>so why do they not want the report out?
Mueller was /ourguy/ from the very beginning, because there is no other result to his investigation other than the fact of illegal Israeli collusion infiltrating every level of the fed gov

If you think a government should have authority to view your documents and prevent you from seeing g them you are an NPC faggot.

Trump's election was nothing more than one wing of the Zionist uniparty succeeding in a hostile takeover of another wing of the Zionist uniparty

Yes let's just give baron Schiff and count Swallwell unfettered access to private citizens' personal information. They are our lords and masters and we are merely slaves to their will after all. They ave a right to see whatever it may be that one of their subjects might be hiding.

Attached: DON-LEMON304X200.jpg (304x200, 8K)

The NSA already has access to all telecommunications you fucking weirdos. Not to mention the guy they're investigating is the head of the Executive Branch of the United States. It's important to know if he's compromised or committing any crimes.

There's also a counter-intelligence investigation that went on. . . I wonder what treasures are in that

>it's okay to violate the Constitution because it's already being violated
Subject. Servant. Slave.

Hey man, I'm not a fan of The Patriot Act or the fact our 4th amendment rights have been functionally eroded by cowards. That said, reversals for these policies aren't on the table or what's being discussed at this point in time. What is being discussed is investigating the President, who isn't above the law, and ensuring that investigation cannot be covered up by his appointed Attorney General.

Man you swallow it all don’t ya?

Congress isn't above the law either.

I can't tell, are you two opposed to the investigation's contents being released to authorities with the proper clearances? You're not being clear or concise with your responses and that's not aiding the discourse.

Because it’s 1) hundreds of pages of free opposition research for the Democrats. Even though nothing in there will be illegal or even unusual politically, it will still look bad because the media will make it look bad. And 2) significant portions must be redacted by law and the Dems and media will report to the redacted parts as containing all the damaging parts and say that Barr is just covering up for Trump. The Dem base is retarded enough to believe that

they wont release it until the democrat candidate is elected and he starts mentioning it.
Its going to be 5D chess for sure

Why are you so afraid of releasing the FISA documents that justified the investigation in the first place?

Both sides of the political roundtable play watchdog depending on administration. For God's sake the main Republican leaning news network (Fox) flipped shit on Obama for wearing a tan suit and using a certain type of spicy mustard. Democratic channels will be anti-Trump because that's a reality of politics. There's no out-maneuvering that. This is Political Science 1000 in college.

Releasing the report to people other than Barr makes sense because Barr was appointed by Trump (who is being investigated) and showed he's not acting in an unbiased way whatsoever with his 19 page Op-ed. It's like letting a kid have his best friend revise his report card before his parents get to see it.

Trump is guilty, that's why.

Why do you only want to release the report and not the documents that were used to justify the investigation to begin with?

Do you work as a soccer coach part time? You're shifting goal posts like crazy and it's both suspicious and getting nobody anywhere productive. To answer your question I'm fine with releasing FISA court documents personally. The secrecy of that court seems to justify a lot of humanitarian wrongdoings committed by intelligence agencies. It's a fig leaf to protect certain tax funded bodies from responsibility to public opinion. Fuck the FISA court, release that stuff too. Now back to my question, are you opposed to the investigation's contents being released to authorities with the proper clearances?

>the government can give itself clearance to violate your Rights
Subject. Servant. Slave.

What's with this goofy narrative and side-stepping? I'd be totally fine releasing those--- read this post:

There was never a need for an investigation. I have literally no interest in reading a report about something that never happened. Especially something I knew never happened both intuitively and from having experienced supporting Trump since the beginning.

What makes you think it won't come out?
There is a reason Democrats are screaming for the report to come out but not the FISA court documents. They want to use the report as opposition research, but vote against release the FISA court documents because it proves the investigation was started on false pretenses.

fas.org/sgp/crs/secrecy/R43216.pdf

Heres the Congressional Research services report on security clearance.
note page 7 with this quote

"Security clearances are not mandated for the President, Vice President, Members of Congress,
Supreme Court Justices, or other constitutional officers. The criteria for election or appointment
to these positions are specified in the U.S. Constitution, and except by constitutional amendment,
no additional criteria (e.g., holding a security clearance) may be required.18 Further, “by tradition
and practice, United States officials who hold positions prescribed by the Constitution of the
United States are deemed to meet the standards of trustworthiness for eligibility for access to
classified information.”19"

to be honest, I don't know how you walk and breathe at the same time with a brain that small.

You're on a computer that sends psychographic data to the NSA. Cut the edgy word-chanting routine and get on topic. We're not discussing the surveillance state in this thread, we're discussing the release of Robert Mueller III's Russia Probe to members of congress. Fucking weirdo.

Attached: 1554154984687.jpg (640x645, 61K)

>There's a dude with a metaphorical ticking briefcase that just boarded our airplane.

Attached: 1548122702396.jpg (360x360, 68K)

To be fair, I think it will come out to the public in a certain form. At the moment I take issue with the prolonged delay of release to congress, and the "summary" given by Barr that was only 4 pages long and (according to people on Mueller's own team) greatly insufficient.

Also I'd be fine if the thing was founded on false pretenses and the public found out. Fuck that kind of noise, release the FISA documents. I'm pro transparency in government whether it benefits the right or the left.

>Even if every page is Grand Jury information, Congress still has the clearance to see it uncensored
They literally do not.

Because the crux of the investigation was counter intelligence. Do you think they want to burn all their spies?

Let me paraphrase in case that language was too colorful and merited a Sagan JPEG.

Something suspicious is happening.

So you do not want it released because it might hurt your candidate?

Yeah, a president used the secret courts to get a secret warrant on a presidential candidate in order to acquire opposition research.

You're telling me the nation's top lawyers and the former head of the FBI would release a report with names of active intelligence assets in it? To politicians? That's just not it, man. They'd have those names out of the 400 page report and nowhere near a single Senate or House member.

Fantastic, release documents to prove that. And the 400 page report. Everything gets released. Full transparency. Agreed?

americans are worse than flat earthers

You do know Mueller is part of the redaction process right?
The real question is how quickly the "resistance" will turn on Mueller once he doesn't say what they want him to say

better

Attached: 1537306463201.jpg (425x480, 22K)

You have no idea how security clearances work. Congratulations for posting something that just proves you’re retarded AND illiterate.

What's with all the kvetching? Has Barr or anyone else said they're not going to let Congress see the report? I thought they're already working on redacting and sanitizing it for release, which takes weeks and doesn't happen overnight.

Yeah and that's what Rand wants along with other senators.

>delay
>hey guise isn't it weird they delay it? sure sounds guilty right?
How many fucking times has this played out? How long before you learn the goddamn pattern and shitpost about something else?

Yes, I'm sure this report will result in Trump's impeachment any moment now...

But the seriously, the nuclear codes.

Attached: MaddCow.png (484x333, 156K)

Holy shit, you're actually are retarded. You honest to God think someone having a security clearance means that anyone they associate with suddenly doesn't have their 4th amendment rights? Do you know what "supreme law of the land" means?

Are you black?

As soon as they admitted Mueller found no collusion whatsoever by anyone on Trump's team, I said just watch as Congress finds reasons to back off on demanding it be released. The Dems are pretending they still want it out because they know the Republicans will block it for now, because the Republicans are trying to use it as a wedge to get Obama crimes out in the open. None of them *really* wants it released now that they know it's worse for the uniparty than it is for Trump, but they bleated so long about it that they have to act like they do until people have more time to forget what they were saying weeks ago.

Yeah, any Republican names would be leaked before Adam Schiff could get back from a piss break.

They literally do

From the Congressional research services FAQ on security clearances, page 7.

"Security clearances are not mandated for the President, Vice President, Members of Congress,
Supreme Court Justices, or other constitutional officers. The criteria for election or appointment
to these positions are specified in the U.S. Constitution, and except by constitutional amendment,
no additional criteria (e.g., holding a security clearance) may be required.18 Further, “by tradition
and practice, United States officials who hold positions prescribed by the Constitution of the
United States are deemed to meet the standards of trustworthiness for eligibility for access to
classified information.”19"

Attached: likeseriously.jpg (333x499, 33K)

>according to people on Mueller's own team
You mean "according to the New York Times."
>imagine putting your last hope in the Jew York Times and their anonymous sources

No, they literally do not fucktard. A security clearance does not give you carte blanche to deny others their 4th amendment rights you stupid fucking nigger.

His source says otherwise. Can you provide a source for your claim stating that Congress is unable to access this type of information? It shouldn't be difficult if what you say is true

Good grief. A security clearance isn't a magic key that gives you access to all secrets. There are levels of these things, lots of them. And they still have to go through channels to get information on citizens. That's why it was a scandal (and should have been a bigger one) when Hillary Clinton's office was caught browsing through 900 FBI files they didn't have the right to look at. It had nothing to do with whether they had clearances.

It's spin, pure and simple. The Russia investigation turned out to be nothing whatsoever, so the dems are trying to get anything they can get out of what Mueller found to charge Trump and/or hurt his image.

Imagine if you talked shit about the local cops, so they tried to charge you with a bullshit crime, then they used it as an excuse to overturn your entire life to try any single thing you could have potentially done wrong.

It shouldn't be difficult to provide a source for this claim.

"It is thus possible that a Member of Congress, or congressional staff, could be considered
“government personnel” to whom disclosure could be made without a court order under this
exception"

Pg. 40
fas.org/sgp/crs/secrecy/R45456.pdf

No his source does NOT say that. It says they can access classified intelligence, which grand jury testimony is not.

>source
The law you fucking faggot - 6e. Congress does NOT have a right to see grand jury testimony that does not result in an indictment.

pbs.org/newshour/politics/could-congress-force-the-mueller-report-to-be-made-public

>i don't know the difference between classified intelligence and grand jury testimony

Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure — known in legal circles by its number, 6e — prohibits, with few exceptions, the public release of information obtained through grand jury testimony.

The quote from my source is specifically about 6e

Cool, it's fucking wrong. Take it to court and watch what happens - 4th amendment faggot.

Based

The guy who cleans out the trashcans in the Pentagon probably has a security clearance. Bet he hasn't gotten to see it either.

If it is released you can be sure it's bullshit. Anything important will be redacted, anything fake will be shilled, and the rest will be left to the wayside. I guess I'd like it released but they're probably taking so long because they're trying to decide what sort of categorically untrue story they should include in it for personal gain.

>Here's what I don't get. Even if you 100% believe that Trump is innocent, you would still be in favor of releasing the report. It would be the ultimate lib owning in the history of the US. so why do they not want the report out?
because theyre playing the dems like retards