MentourPilot Banned Video

Anyone download this video Mentour just put that tests a theory about what happened on board the Ethiopian MAX on a real sim? Apparently his bosses at RyanAir (with a big stake in Boeing 737s) demanded it be taken down. It was referenced by multiple news pieces but now it's gone, he pretty much runs the simulator through a runaway trim and shows how after the trim cutout the elevator aerodynamic loads pretty much make it physically impossible to manually crank the wheel. Seriously I can't believe they're trying to shut this down, people lives are at stake. I'm so happy that Mentour didn't back down against them and took a stand, I hope everything is okay with him. Please rehost the video if you have it downloaded, we owe it to him and those who perished to not keep it hidden.

Attached: 737max.jpg (2048x1536, 496K)

Other urls found in this thread:

leehamnews.com/2019/04/03/et302-used-the-cut-out-switches-to-stop-mcas/
nytimes.com/2019/04/04/world/asia/ethiopia-crash-boeing.html
thepointsguy.com/news/southwest-boeing-737-max-makes-emergency-landing-in-florida/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bump.

I am following this channel
really cool guy, would be a shame.
Does someone has that video?

This thread caught my eye, bump.

The 737-MAX is grounded for at least another 2 months and has to undergo a full FAA recert. Everyone already knows it's a faulty product.

Anyhow, I want to see the video too so have a bump.

Also, if that video comes up, his carrier will end.
>At least at Ryan Air....

"it was a bad sensor"
goy

Used to be a crew chief that horizontal stab trim screw used to cause a lot of problems if not greased properly during inspections because it would fail and cause uncontrolled horizontal trim movements that would flip the plane over and nosedive I can't imagine this was much different. But I have never seen an airframe design that caused you to not be able to manually trim the stab at any position or aerodynamic loads unless the trim screw failed at the same time.

TLDR If OP's video is true HUGE safety oversight and design flaw.

Attached: main-qimg-57e5056e87bd6ebbff0ce40314e07f6e.png (432x218, 16K)

bump

Attached: C2FE96DB-01B5-4C82-8AC9-C2D7DA002341.jpg (1447x2048, 195K)

What is the conspiracy with what is actually wrong with the plane?

Are we saying it was just rushed into production and cheap?

They said something, some premium software pack can fix that....
obvious lie

The plane has a major design flaw that the pilots had no control over manually when the computer and motorized systems failed.

mhm, from what I heard the pilots couldn't disable the MCAS fully, even after manually disabling the system.

actually only asian and monkey pilot failed the fly safe with that plane,
but still concerning!

Basically, you can adjust the forward angle of the horizontal stabilizer on modern aircraft this is accomplished one of 2 ways manually with cables and pulleys or mechanically with electric or hydraulic motors when the motorized systems fail the pilots can spin a wheel and adjust the trim it takes forever on some aircraft but it can be done before you have a fatal crash.

What this video suggests is that when the plane's sensors malfunctioned the computer ran the stabilizer into an extreme nose down position that the pilots had no manual way to change because the aerodynamic loads on the stabilizer were too great to overcome with the manual wheel.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 105K)

Not the video but an article about the video and why they say they took it down.

leehamnews.com/2019/04/03/et302-used-the-cut-out-switches-to-stop-mcas/

Actually we have a good number of reports from US/EU pilots flying the 737MAX that lost over 1500ft+ of altitude mid flight where the MCAS kicked in for absolutely no reason. They just where lucky to have more than enough alt. to recover from it in time.

>RyanAir
LOL

Attached: hd-edita-bente-1.jpg (300x420, 34K)

I'm paraphrasing but someone on suggested the engines are too heavy so the tail hangs down and the nose goes up which could cause a stall. Boeing software forces the nose down to prevent stalling but this may have caused nose dives.

>the engines are too heavy so the tail hangs down and the nose goes up which could cause a stall

If this was the case the plane would sit on its ass when it was on the runway the only thing airlines do very well is weight and balance

holy shit I watched this, but had no idea it was taken down
the guy is very mellow it seems absurd that he could do anything controversial

UP TO THE FUKCIN TOP BOYOS!

Attached: 20mmGarand.jpg (703x337, 90K)

From what I read they took it down because the entire simulation was made on a wild assumption of the airspeed at the time of the runaway stab.

The case is the engine too far forward mounted so it changes the COG. Not a big issue but the system that should prevent just that small case has bit too much authority and lacked redundancy.

>The system that should prevent just that small case has bit too much authority and lacked redundancy.

I said this for fucking years when these systems where first being integrated into old aircraft that it was just moving the Error to the idiot that programmed and built the computer instead of the pilots and I was right. At least the old ways the pilots had a chance to be smart enough to save everyone now you have to pray that pajeeet programmed it (While also considering every possible problem) and that paco built it correctly. 2 complete impossibilities.

The worst part are the H1B pajeet software monkeys writing actual important bits of a system that should prevent an aircraft from crashing. They can't even do a website right, now aircrafts depend on their shit.
I don't want to get my ATPL anymore and stick to flying my PC-12 and fixing pajeet code for a fortune.

Funny story I quit being an aircraft mechanic because we got blamed for everything even things we had nothing to do with because airline companies just look for someone to pass the blame onto and fire.

Yeah, that's the entire shit show. Do it fast, do it cheap, just pass that shit...
If you still want to work in the mechanics field, get a Pilatus mech cert buddy. They still put pride and effort into their aircrafts and maintenance.

Boeing isn't cheap enough for me to take a bite yet I missed the 360's :( I'll see if Trump fumbles in China and may grab some of it drops enough.

You think we're just memeing about whites being held back by shitskins. From spaceflight to toilet cleaning we're being held back. You can expect to never get off this planet.

the ethiopian pilots tried frantically to solve the nose diving problem. according to instructions.

nytimes.com/2019/04/04/world/asia/ethiopia-crash-boeing.html

I like mentour pilot, what do they claim he did wrong?

He works for a company that bought a LOT of those planes.

Can it carry Yang bags to drop?

>according to instructions.
No, the ethopian pilots turned off all the electronics and ignored the button you were supposed to press in this situation

read the article

>NY Enquirer
lol

>inbred retarded autist
ever heard about checking multiple sources before ya retarded autist?

It’s pilot error. Everything being said now is bullshit. Screencap this.

I'd love to see a picture of Pilot Mugumbo and co pilot Samir

Attached: 1548196040295.jpg (645x851, 93K)

.t seething boeing boomer
it's starting to become saddling now with this level of shilling
ahem
thepointsguy.com/news/southwest-boeing-737-max-makes-emergency-landing-in-florida/

What is that link supposed to show me? That an aircraft malfunctioning under the control of white pilots gets to the ground safely?

I bet it was written in java and had mongdb database go corrupt for no reason and wreck the lookup table for the stab position so it just went to 100% CPU wile moving the jack screw and tore the stabilizer off the fucking plane.

Attached: 1545462310756.png (1040x650, 26K)

How is boeing stock still so high ?? Boeing should be sued by every air company and by the families of thosewho died. Motherfuckers suould pay 10 milions for every dead

>t. Boeing Boomer
nice job there defending without reading the article and seeing about how they had an engine problem.

>The pilots countered that by pushing electrical switches on their control wheels that adjusted the angle of stabilizers on the tail of the plane, which had been moved by MCAS. About five seconds after the pilots tried the right the plane, MCAS again engaged, moving the stabilizers to a dangerous angle in another nose-down action.

>The pilots pushed the electrical switches again. Then, the report says, they followed the emergency checklist and disabled the entire stabilizer electrical system using the so-called stabilizer trim cutout.

>“The first officer called out ‘stab trim cutout’ two times,” the report says. “Captain agreed and first officer confirmed stab trim cutout.”

>Although that move disabled MCAS, it also forced the crew to control the stabilizers manually with wheels at their feet — a physically difficult task on a plane moving at high speed. A little under four minutes after takeoff, the first officer said the manual method “is not working.”

>Soon after, the black box data indicates, the crew turned electricity back on and tried two more times to move the stabilizers by hitting the switches. But once they turned the electricity back on, MCAS engaged again, putting the plane into a dive from which it would not recover.

>a plane had an engine problem
Are you trying to make a point?

PAJEET PAJEET
STOP SHITTING IN THE STREET
STOP SHITTING UP OUR CODE
YOU FILTHY BROWN TOAD

yeah, it's not a matter of dumb pilots or anything.
But of shitty Boeing engineering and quality.
Apparently the same issue has happened with pilots in the US and Europe, but it happened when they were flying at cruise and had altitude to correct it.
>/n/ autist

Pajeet coding striking again, simple as.

lurk moar boomer

Attached: boomermeme.png (692x390, 200K)

No really, do you think planes don't have engine failures?
>Though the Boeing 737 MAX 8 has been involved in two high profile incidents that have led to its grounding, emergency landings are not unusual across all aircraft types. The FAA said in a statement to CNBC that the engine-related emergency landing of the 737 MAX in Florida did not appear to be related to concerns raised in 737 MAX crashes in Indonesia and Ethiopia.

What actual point are you trying to make here you lil memer

When cost cutting in the aviation industry goes terribly wrong.

>How is boeing stock still so high ??
duopoly.

Look at the average iq in Somalia and Indonesia and get back to me

Das right lil nigga run away