Cognitive Enhancement - Crack heads or High iq fags?

Though the long term effects are unknown, short term use of various drugs used to treat ADHD have shown modest improvements in the cognitive performance of test subjects in nearly all studies ranging from those on humans to mice.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuroplasticity#ADHD_stimulants

Attached: adderall_xr_25mg.jpg (480x270, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phenethylamine#Detection_in_body_fluids
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Like any drug you'll burn out on it and the benefits will be negated

This. It's just about straight up meth.

I've known some pretty sad cases, from children who got fed something of this sort from a young age 20+ years down the road to middle aged men who just about can't function anymore without it.

This. Helped me create some advanced new software for a company, now I call out all the time to sleep. Shits no good in the long term

modafinil > adderall

if you use it everyday in ever increasing doses

which is a bad idea for any drug

this

>t. long-time drug abuser (former)

Nofap is like natural adderall.

USAF has given mixed amphetamine salts to air pilots for decades, and I've heard (allegedly) some operators have been given cocktails of these meds for emergency scenarios where they might need to run/evade enemies for days e.g. a uvc crashes and you are stuck in the afghan mountains for days or some insane shit I'm guessing.

This. Be rational about drug use boys. You wouldn't take antibiotics everyday for your entire life. Strategic use, it's the dose that makes the poison.

I can attest to this. I'm 28, but from 20-22 I used meth regularly. I think it unlocked some serious cognitive thinking skills.

All you have to do is go to darpa.mil and click around. And then remember that's just what they want to advertise in public. The supersoldier programs are more real than what you'd see in the movies or hear about on coast to coast.

Only use "speed" on RARE occasions. If you use everyday then you have fucked up

>cognitive thinking skills
You sure about that?

bull. shit.

i take racetams to study, only use them 1-2 a month

obviously overuse can lead to severe brain damage which damages cognitive performance

but i dont think you can deny that limited short term use does increase the mental capacity of the user

Yea. My ability to talk is crazy. Like speech 100 crazy. I can't lie very well, but when it comes to talking with people about stuff I understand I can articulate nicely.

well dopamine actually makes your brain run faster, think of it like overclocking.

so it would make sense that a big fat hit of a meth pipe would make your iq increase 20 points

>articulate nicely
nigga you have brain damage

this

God the burn from snorting a line of crystal. Then I'd spend 12 hours talking to my buddy about all kinds of shit. Awesome times.

yeah i have some adderall, i bought a bunch from a friend for finals,

i only take it for finals/high-stakes exams though

i go to a UC (not saying which one) but you can get it easily for $4 per 30mg xr pill. Honestly its a crap shoot though in terms of types some people have IR, some XR just about everything.

I would never buy any dark web shit, when buying it from kids at university, most of them have morals to some extent so unlikely to fuck with it, also its manufactured by a drug company, not some hillbilly in a bathtub

Kek

Attached: 1554260068319.png (900x900, 974K)

>nigga
>not nigger

redditfag

Data indicates that there is a clear correlation between how early the dopamine cycle is messed with and how high dopamine levels will wind up being as an adult. I'm not in to banning things, but it really makes you stop and think about high school kids drinking and smoking and eating goodness knows what kind of pills.

But yeah, short term usage is always for the best. Think how many potheads complain it's not even that good anymore. Quit for a few months and you might be surprised.

You are focusing on the wrong things.

It's not a quantitative, muh speed-based issue.

It's HOW you use your brain, strategically, to achieve goals effectively and efficiently.

MILLIONS of little candy-addicted adderall freaks burn themselves out and are ignorant about everything that matters.

Just fucking stop being a little ant-brained plebeian and actually zoom out to the universal scale and realize that you are ignorant of 99.999999999999% of what matters.

These drugs are extremely dangerous for you if you do not have the dopamine deficiency that is the cause of ahdh and similar disorders they are safe for those with adhd and bring them up to a functional level those without it's pretty much like taking meth and pumping dopamine into the brain won't actually make you smarter might just max out your mental abilities

I fucking hate that my sister is addicted to this garbage. It's basically speed in legal form

cut her feet off and mail them to me

Amphetamines don't enhance IQ they increase motivation and focus.

>MILLIONS of little candy-addicted adderall freaks burn themselves out and are ignorant about everything that matters.

you realize adhd is a real disorder right? they can even tell from your piss.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phenethylamine#Detection_in_body_fluids

Yeah because if done properly they can actually be very useful in situations where you really need them. Fighters being strung out on speed/meth for weeks has happened in wartime and is not good, but making sure your troops stay alert an extra six hours during a battle is handy sometimes.

I took this all through college and a year or two into my career. Got to the point where I couldn't work without it. One day I smoked weed and started reflecting on my life. I was overcome with shame when I realized that I relied on these pills to make a living. I weened myself off and have not taken any for over a year and a half. In that time I've learned how to work without it, but I've also developed some pretty severe anxiety. Things are getting better, but if you don't need it... don't take it.

So mainly when i buy it from someone on campus i can check:

1) They are a student, so not a total dumb fuck
2) Less likely to scam me - I know where they live etc.
3) Again most uni kids have some morals
4) Again its made by a drug company not a hill billy in his bathtub

A script will typically run you $15 if you have half ass insurance, for standard 30mg pills be it xr or ir

Buying the drugs individually from that script would run you $120-170

Ethically I think abuse potential is a very real concern, so I'm unsure about it being generally legal. With that said if you use it for only high stakes scenarios where you may need it like an exam or something, then I don't see it as a bad thing.

That’s retarded. I’ve been taking it for 20 years and skip my dose every weekend to cleanse my beta receptors. I get a little pissy on Saturday morning but I go workout and I’m fine. I could function without it but it gives me the drive to keep doing work. Without it I can only stay in my office for about an hour at a time, much like how I felt before I started taking it.

Even the guy who invented the diagnosis admitted he was just bullshitting before he died. It's an excuse to sell drugs to effect a useful shift in behavior.

actually they did long term studies because that shit isnt knew. your brain chemistry gets fucked and you become less creative from long term use of it

now i know what your saying it would take decades to even think of looking for any biological link to some one being boring as fuck. no college students abuse that shit in america and are boring as fuck. it was so common for users to be socially autistic to the degree of stripping paint off of walls and not in a coll or interesting way just really fucking dull that college professors asked wtf was wrong with every one nationally and they got to the bottom of it with research groups

>to effect a useful shift in behavior.

well, without stims i'd sit on my ass all day and accomplish nothing whatsoever. that's what i did grades k-12. didn't learn or do a damned thing.

I was on it and the cognitive improvements were more than just moderate, but i burned out on it like people say. Now i feel retarded. I will recommend it to no one and generally advise against it. But peoples health decisions are ultimately between them and their Dr.

So far so good. Not everybody who uses these things goes wrong. I'm just saying a lot of people do, particularly if they lean toward being part of the drug scene.

A friend of mine shared an apartment with a guy who obviously was taking way too much during the week, and then stopping on the weekends. He used to come back at the end of the day looking like he'd seen a ghost, and then you'd be lucky to catch him leaving his bedroom on the weekend. Those are pretty big warning signs, so watch out to catch it early.

My personal experience with stimulants is that you want to take two weeks to a month off every so often just to feel out the difference. If you hit a point where you still crash no matter how much more you take, that's what you'll be left having to grapple with until you recover enough to try getting back on again.

Prove it. I watched a speaker present strong evidence for the varying degrees of adhd. They can now analyze brain patterns to determine exactly what type you have. My guess is the umbrella term “adhd” will soon be subdivided into multiple categories each with a different form of treatment.

Yep. Used it a few times to study and once on the day of the exam. I remembered everything And still do to some degree and that was three years ago

Same here. I got just good enough grades to get by, studied when I absolutely had to. Started taking it after almost failing out of college, changed majors from business to engineering and maintained a 3.5 gpa (out of 4.0, I think they changed the standard now?).

Ah yes, the classic fast talking full of shut meth user. Nope, never heard if that before

Google it. "Leon Eisenberg fictitious disease"

Don't forget fapping.

Look it up, if you want. All you're describing is symptom taxonomy or whatever name you want to put to it, which is most of the modern medical system.

I don't care if you watched a talk. I'm not going to ask you to give my opinion more weight because I get borrowed sometimes to work on processing large volumes of brain scans that we process to reverse-engineer how this or that works in the population at large. When it comes to drugs, I'd rather rely on my experiences both in the black market and in the official market as a primary indicator.

I’m speaking to the effect of long term use, not abuse. I only take half of my prescription. It’s much easier to recover from 20mg/day vs 60-90mg/day. Just take a few days off and eat some Benadryl or Unisom.

I abused the shit out of it in college to the point I started having massive panic attacks where I convinced myself I was having a heart attack. Almost called an ambulance on several occasions. That’s when I stopped for 3 months then lowered my dose down to 20/day.

I would recommend against developing a reliance on Benadryl and Unisom. You might find one day Unisom stops you from being able to sleep, and you're eating a handfull of Benadryl to knock yourself out, remembering you're only about 25% of the way to trip out on it, and thinking maybe later you should get back to working on your balance.

You're not alone in your experiences. But chronic use is where you get closer and closer to having a problem before you understand that you have a problem. If you don't regularly test to see where the maintenance dose really is, or work on a plan to try to go sober, then more likely you're slowly drifting off the tracks.

Googled...
He was saying that it’s not a genetic disorder in the sense that something like schizophrenia is diagnosed to be. Funny thing is he was making the same point the doctor analyzing the brain scans made. Adhd can come from multiple environmental causes like concussions, trauma, malnourishment, even learned behavior over several years (you hardwired your brain to be a spaz).

No. I’ve done that. I take 1 tablet of Unisom 2 nights a week. My maintenance dose is around 15-25 mg. If I’m up against a deadline, which is maybe once every 3 months, then I’ll take 30-40 mg. I NEVER go over what I’m prescribed. Point being, I’ve done this for over 20 years. I’m like the fucking Mr. Robot when it comes to adderall.

I always prefer to suggest an exit strategy rather than settling in on a routine, but that sounds like decent stasis. The way I think about it is I'd rather be able to get by without and then have it there for extenuating circumstances.

If you settle in to the idea that you can just run it harder every time you have a deadline or whatever, then that's a little bit of an unrealistic expectation of what you can really accomplish. And that tends to lead to a pattern of assuming those deadlines are no problem, so there's no danger in taking on even more difficult situations because you can just crank it up even more if things don't go smoothly. That doesn't really build in a lot of room for if you have a supply problem, or a situation that's really above and beyond, or some other reason why the magic pills aren't going to do their magic this time.

Dexedrine has a half life of 9 to11 hours. Even if you take if first thing in the morning there's going to be some in your system when you go to sleep. Dexedrine interferes with REM sleep, that's why people who take it consistently look like zombies. If you're going to take it once a month its probably fine. Also I heard L theanine might be able to counteract some of the effects, but I have no idea if its true or not.

That is exactly what I do. I’m prescribed 2 20mgs a day, but I split the tablet in half and take 10mgs with breakfast and again at lunch and don’t take on the weekends.

I got prescribed as an adult but as a child my teachers recommended to my parents I needed to see a doctor for it. Thank god they told them to fuck off.

I still look back to when I used to take my last dose at 6PM and somehow I'd be so exhausted I'd just drop and black out for the night at 10PM and wake up with the lights still on, annoyed that I hadn't gotten everything done.

I wish sleeping were so easy again. Especially when you go to take a leak and you explain elaborate and very important things to the window by the toilet that JUST SO HAPPEN to be words that that are based on the sound of your urine. Leave no mental faculty unused, even if when you have to interrupt your productivity to do something as long and boring as taking a piss.

What was the weaning-off period like? Was it as bad as people say? How did you get through it?

UC?

Totally anecdotal, but I did it ONCE. Felt weird and not all there, but not smarter. I was told I was more articulate, but I didn't notice anything. When it wore off I couldn't sleep, so I got on a discord call with my friends and we had a debate (we debate each other for fun) and fucking destroyed. It was like my ability to rationalize an argument went up by several notches. I guess something just clicked. Idk, I'm pretty sensitive to most drugs, so maybe there's something in taking it to show your brain an extra way to operate more efficiently.

Attached: 1552991885909.png (299x423, 181K)

Ah, the kindness of strangers.