Pence: America will return men to the moon within 5 years

youtube.com/watch?v=PxvFsqevSdw

Thanks, Trump. BASED NASA. China BTFO.

Attached: sls_block1_foam_afterburner.jpg (2940x2214, 617K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astronomical_seeing
youtube.com/watch?v=KrD16CBEJRs
youtube.com/watch?v=16MMZJlp_0Y
youtu.be/4m1ZTwg_7KI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If they only could return illegals.

SLS is never going to fly. Bridenstine literally said Boeing's work has been "unacceptable".

Attached: ap11-KSC-69PC-442HR.jpg (2280x2862, 951K)

Earth is flat

Attached: Flat Earth-Lunar wave phenomena.webm (852x480, 2.53M)

Attached: Lunar Wave 7-9-17.webm (1280x720, 2.8M)

Attached: Lunar Wave January 4, 2017 at 6-54-pm.webm (852x480, 2.98M)

Attached: Lunar Wave 2012.webm (1280x720, 2.93M)

How are they going to land men on the moon in 5 years? I don't think Falcon Heavy has enough delta-v and BFR and New Glenn will not be ready then.

fpbp
It’ll probably be some non-binary POC just for the propaganda.

You're a moran. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astronomical_seeing

moran confirmed:

like clockwork

>SLS
nope
SLS is a jobs program will be outdated by the time it ever launches, Space X will be providing the launch via some variant of a BFR most likely
fuck boeing and their starliner btw

>lunar wave
ima make that my new DJ alias.

youtube.com/watch?v=KrD16CBEJRs

In the same statement before the Senate, he proposed using a series of ELV launches to get the components into LEO before launching them off to the moon.
>fuck boeing
Indeed.

Attached: 0302483_medium.jpg (855x1280, 98K)

Finally. These flat earthers might shut the hell up.

they said they would build a wall too, shut down immigration until they fixed the system. deportation force remember?
they say a lot but I wouldn't get my hopes up

so doing something you have done before is a accomplishment? i think in 5 years china will have people on mars

in b4 chinks claiming the moon is rightful Chinese clay

*AHEM*
FUCK BOEING
FUCK NORTHROP GRUMMAN
AND FUCK OLD SPACE

Attached: 1551504209187.png (432x745, 294K)

This guy is too busy making shitty songs about gorilla these days to get to the moon in 5 years

based musk

Are you kidding? There's always a way to "debunk" something. Disinformation agents never tire.

>return

Attached: 1550202843539.jpg (749x745, 91K)

I'm glad Pence is still following the fuck poor people first policy

>SLS
>Getting into space
Pick one.
That faggy new glenn shit is more likely to make it into space than that giant dumpster fire of a project.

SLS is just a repackaged shuttle jobs program for the swamp.

fpbp, fuck the moon, send the mexicans back now faggots

Boeing and all of the other welfare queens of the corporate world are scummy. We blow trillions on trash tier companies that sell us the same repackaged garbage at ever higher prices.

>Boeing and all of the other welfare queens of the corporate world are scummy. We blow trillions on trash tier companies that sell us the same repackaged garbage at ever higher prices.
they save the good stuff for the breakaway civilization - what get model t equivalents

We shoulda just built a transfer vehicle to Mars and the Moon using shuttle using the same construction methods as ISS. We'd be alot further along. I feel like if the Columbia disaster didn't happen, this is the course the program would have taken once the ISS was completed.
They used to not be. Only once all the little single name companies started going bankrupt and getting bought out by others companies, and then those mergers merged with other companies did things start going to shit. Just look at Apollo.

Attached: sts097-374-020_medium.jpg (1280x853, 135K)

>return

>They used to not be. Only once all the little single name companies started going bankrupt and getting bought out by others companies, and then those mergers merged with other companies did things start going to shit. Just look at Apollo.
this guy gets it

>return

Attached: gc.png (500x375, 299K)

>flag
checks out

A company is a lot like a country. It's nature is determined by the people that run it.

In the 40s/50s, even the 60s, the majority of the population were nationalists. They'd take a smaller profit if it meant helping their country. That sort of mindset has been completely replaced with "Gotta get filthy rich, and fuck whoever I gotta fuck to get that.". Our executives, and our political class are all effectively hyper Jews, lusting after money at all costs.

It didn't take them long to figure out that they could make cash cows like the shuttle program. In stead of making steady work horses like the Saturn V. The F-35 vs the F-22. Or even more damning, the F-35 vs the A-10 in a CAS role. I'm convinced that they no longer look at projects from a 'how do we make this as good as we possibly can, at the best price we can", but from a "how do we make as much of this consumable, unreliable, and generally expensive as fuck to build and maintain."

so what you're saying is if Elon musk dies before we make it to Mars, we're doomed to stay on earth forever

Attached: 490px-khan_scream.jpg (490x296, 17K)

Saturn V was not cheap at all. It's become cool to shit on the space shuttle in recent times but there's things it did that no other vehicle could have done.

Attached: 0302433_medium.jpg (837x1280, 121K)

Umm sweetie.. what if I told you that NASA is a cash guzzling shitpile that can't do anything right. Apart from hiring niggers and women who can't do anything right

This will probably result in 100 billion $ spent for a crashed rocket lmao

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-04-05 10-56-04.png (2822x696, 273K)

I think they mean fly somebody around the moon again, not a landing. If NASA fucks around much longer and Trump is still in the white house, and spacex does good work with BFR, I think you could see some serious cuts at NASA.

poopoo in space

it's unique capabilities were useful only for hubble repairs and doomed us to stay in LEO for almost 40 years

Attached: wat tambor.png (462x346, 195K)

How will they ever get to 1960s levels of space technology again??
youtube.com/watch?v=16MMZJlp_0Y

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-04-05 at 4.28.38 pm.png (980x631, 771K)

Space puppers when?

Attached: 66D70C4A-347A-4C99-A303-C1E6BE450835.gif (1038x1036, 559K)

Mission is to create an in orbit gateway and resource exploitation. Basically the Us is setup to militarize not only orbit but the moon.

the shuttle came about because NASA no longer had the means to conduct beyond-earth-orbit manned operations. This argument is flawed. STS was the best they could do with the infrastructure and funds available.

Attached: STS-89 Endeavour docked to Mir.jpg (3060x2040, 902K)

Ok, i wanna see it happen. I'll bet they still dont have the tech and it's a complete psyop.

Attached: van_allen_probes_discov_new_rad_belt_cal.jpg (1280x1006, 781K)

Did you see the DARPA proposal for building nuclear thermal rockets that use medium enriched uranium (i think the number was 7%).

Between starlink, the commercial rockets, and the above, I don't think the space force is such a dumb idea.

Big talk but no extra funding pledged
You can thank the boomers for that

It’s a good thing there’s arrows on the moon showing where the landing spot is

Attached: F3A99ABD-E584-45E8-81AB-65385E0E211C.gif (387x290, 1.77M)

>being fucking retarded
shiggy diggy

And, I hope they don’t blow the side off the crew compartment of the accent module, like they did on Apollo 16
Jokes on you

Attached: 9E45E56D-C6F5-44FA-8114-11D542403A8D.gif (387x283, 1.61M)

I miss Dick Cheney

Attached: 103_apollo16_salute_1200.jpg (1200x1200, 235K)

I'll admit it's not the shuttle itself but the issues it represented with massive amounts of bureaucracy and lots of fingers in the pot that resulted in it being too damn expensive to run as a, well, shuttle.

It was a cool piece of engineering, but mission creep is a bitch, resulting in a too complicated machine, as well as running on a relatively shoestring budget compared to everything else the government spends like a bunch of retards.

With a decent budget, NASA could have had a streamlined shuttle and moonshot project ay the same time.

Attached: 0C301828-BFED-4255-A12F-259EE8ECA085.jpg (600x486, 52K)

Musk is basically the only chance we get to escape this hellscape. And the poos are doing everything they can to fuck us with Kessler syndrome, while leftists try and crash the world with no survivors.

The only thing the shuttle had going for it was the ability to be semi-reusable, which turned out to be a meme at best. That, and the ability to perform maintenance on satellites. A next generation Heavy lift would have been a far better bet.

As far as cost, the Saturn V was not cheap, but it stomped the shuttle for payload to orbit. And as someone else already pointed out, it locked us into LEO for way longer than we should have been. It turned what could have been a handful of Saturn V launches into many many many shuttle launches to make the ISS.

>SLS explodes on it's first launch

Attached: 1529416605562.png (1053x1080, 314K)

I'm skeptical of the space plane idea in it's entirety. Without congress using the shuttle as a jobs program, it could have been more efficient, but it would have still been an overly complicated space plane.

He's the chosen one though

Attached: 1551835399028.jpg (1000x1000, 185K)

based
i still think some of the other stuff it did was pretty neat

Attached: STS063-716-025_medium.jpg (1280x1280, 118K)

It's cool, the aesthetic of a space plane is much closer to what I'd LIKE a space ship to be. But the tyranny of the rocket equation demands we make kind of boring looking capsule type spaceships.

Here's hoping we stumble onto some reactionless drives, and can start expansing it around our solar system.

When did they stop putting control surfaces and video screens (?) on the outside of satellites?

Attached: 1B511484-6C39-4AD6-8811-55B13B716704.jpg (873x648, 365K)

>this time in 4kultra HD!

they're getting desperate for re-election lmao

>what is orbital inclination
retard.

Attached: Apollo inclination.gif (602x440, 144K)

u know u dumb rite?

Dude, government rockets don’t work. They have tried to make this shuttle derived boondoggle work for a decade now... nuffin, nada. Does not compute.

The universe disagrees

Attached: 37532D28-9A3E-4035-AE87-9C9E8D802496.gif (338x486, 1.77M)

The cooling fan on that satellite doesn’t throw up red flags to you?

youtu.be/4m1ZTwg_7KI

>cuts
Their budget is only 50 million USD per day. Some of the FX are pretty cool I guess.

AFAIK they are still counting on SLS in the long run.
If the contractors don't get their shit together it's not going to be ready for the EM-1 mission next summer though. For that NASA suggested that a Falcon Heavy could be used instead (pic related), but it would require so much modification to the launch site infrastructure that it wouldn't really save any time or money. Orion+ICPS are designed to be integrated and moved vertically on SLS, where as Falcon Heavy is designed to be moved horizontally and erected at the pad.

That configuration could put a crewed Orion capsule into lunar orbit, but to actually land you would need a second Falcon Heavy just to carry just the lander to lunar orbit where Orion could rendezvous with it. Nevermind that we haven't even started work on a lander.

If you consider that the first lunar program took about a decade, we should certainly be able to do it again in half that time. It would require a huge budget increase and the contractors would have to unfuck themselves though.

Attached: 1554199231314.jpg (1125x1453, 145K)

>fpbp
guess Krauts can be funny after all.

kek, top retard

There's also a fair chance that Falcon Super Heavy+Starship will be ready by ~2024, at which point NASA could just purchase a ride.
The nice thing about Starship is that you don't need to design a separate lander.

Attached: starhopper first hop.webm (1280x628, 1.86M)

Imagine the gold foil and cardboard savings

It's a long shot, but I'd say more realistic than Al Gore's prediction that the world will end from Global Warming in 10 years, a prediction he made in January 2006... Yeah... Thankfully he was never president.

Attached: 1589203847322.png (484x323, 146K)

>They used to not be. Only once all the little single name companies started going bankrupt and getting bought out by others companies, and then those mergers merged with other companies

This. I started in the satellite industry in the U.K. in 1979, when there were about 20 aerospace companies, large and small, around Europe. Over the years they all conglomerated and now there is only one mammoth left for any European government to talk to about building a satellite - EADS.

Websearch EADS corruption. Heads of state get dragged in.

Attached: IMG_0089.jpg (357x280, 25K)

>guess Krauts can be funny after all.
you better fucking bet

Attached: south-park-s15e02c10-awkward-16x9.jpg (1024x576, 50K)

our muad'dib

I wouldn't bet too much though. Just a small wager.

I bet the corruption hasn't changed. They just took out the middlemen.

That is the LDEF - Long Duration Exposure Facility. Every panel is a different experiment, something being exposed to space in low earth orbit, for retrieval about a year later followed by analysis back in the lab on Earth. Solar panels and other new materials that aren't yet space rated. Pretty sure none of those panels is a TV screen, but you never know. If they wanted to test a TV screen for use in actual space, the LDEF is one place they could do it.

Attached: IMG_0165.jpg (1377x1806, 649K)

You can do a moon mission with two Falcon Heavy launches and one Falcon 9 launch.

Falcon Heavy 1 to send the lander into low lunar orbit, Falcon Heavy 2 to send up the transfer stage to low Earth orbit, Falcon 9 to send a crew capsule into Low Earth orbit.

Crew capsule does a rendezvous with the transfer stage, which sends it to the moon, where it has a rendezvous with the lander. The lander is sent down to the moon, does stuff, comes back up, crew transfer back to the crew capsule, the lander is ditched, the last of the transfer stage's fuel is burned, that's ditched, then the capsule comes in for re-entry, with any final adjustments between the lunar ejection burn and re-entry done by its RCS.

It's an entirely feasible mission profile.

The previous streak ended because it was a dick waving which cost rediculous money without adding much to science
Confirmation of this is that most of tech which was used to do it is now lost yet none even noticed because of how useless it is in the current world
So, what will change this time?

STS was an heroic attempt to move space flight nearer to Buck Rogers. It failed, but America had to try to find that out. They eventually found out that it was dead end technology, but without a crystal ball...

Attached: IMG_0233.png (768x576, 832K)

Addendum: one of the advantages of sending the lander separately is that the transfer orbit doesn't have to be done all at once. You can minimise required delta-V (and thus maximise the weight of the fuel left for the lander) by doing a series of very small, precise burns at the orbital periapsis instead of trying to do a single burn all at once that would stretch a little bit more before and after the actual periapsis (and thus be less efficient due to the Oberth effect).

The Beresheet unmanned lander sent up recently on a Falcon 9 is using this exact same approach for its transfer to the moon.

This wasn't my part of the industry, but I always gathered that returning to the Moon was only a question of will. We've had the technology for long enough, but what could justify the expense? Only another pissing contest against another egotistical superpower. Which, don't get me wrong, I'm completely in favour of, if that's what it takes to make the bucks appear, and

>no bucks, no Buck Rogers

Attached: IMG_0234.jpg (640x360, 77K)

For what purpose? Bring back more moon rocks for obscure watchmakers and JEWelers?

As an organization they don't seem to function anymore. Given the amount of money that is thrown their way there is no reason there should not be people around Jupiter now. Compare to what spacex does per $, and take more risk.

friendly reminder that anti-boomer is codeword for anti-white

This sounds like a really inefficient method of getting rid of homosexuals.

I wish I could believe we're returning to the moon in 5 yrs but I have no faith in NASA.

Good question. H3 mining is okay for sci-fi film plots, but it won't happen this century. The only reason is the first one, a world's greatest pissing contest. And I say, bring it on!

Attached: IMG_0235.jpg (550x529, 64K)