This board's fetish for vikings

Why do you worship vikings so much? They were barbarians. There are far better things to appreciate the north for, like for example its literature or science during the enlightenment age. I don't see why people say we should go back to pillaging monasteries and sacking villages.

Attached: 1478710644_preview_vikings-were-so-crazy-they-may-have-developed-criminal-profiling-to-cope-15059374 (780x439, 91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/GRqDxK12kSE
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berbers
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Vikings in the popular mind are an ahistorical fantasy.
>I don't see why people say we should go back to pillaging monasteries and sacking villages.
Few of you did. This belief that Nords stem from Vikings in a sense greater than, say, the French stem from Frankish warriors or the English from Anglo-Saxon warriors is utterly dumb. Every person on earth stems in part from warriors. Some more than others. And Nords are not more descended from warriors than Frenchmen, Englishmen, Germans, Poles, and so on. The only reason why you are linked to Vikings (and the French not to their warriors) is that your movement was the last of the Germanic movements. You were three or four hundred years behind. And yes, it's an insult to you that people keep going on about the Vikings and not your more important achievements in science, literature, and music.

literally every culture back then were "barbarians", they only stopped raping people in war in the 20th century and even that is debatable.
the world is not sunshine and rainbows

Your greatest composer:
youtu.be/GRqDxK12kSE
Love this tune.

I agree. Vikings were just smarter and more organized niggers.

This desu, was coming to post something similar.

And no more relevant to the history of the Nordic countries than the warriors of France, England, Germany, Poland, etc, were to their own, i.e., highly relevant, but not more so than the latter.

>hurr durr barbarians
They were very sanitary, artistic, good craftsmen and had discovered new land nobody had ever been on before. Conquered and ruled over a big portion of Europe too and their mercenaries were sought after a lot. They were far from barbarians, I'd rather use that characterization for a people like the Vandals or Huns.

>Why do you worship vikings so much?
what the fuck are you talking about you spastic cuck

Lots of Yanks do. (They believe what they see on telly.)

Violence is an enterteining subject for Jow Forums, and it kind of was back then, and I believe more so for vikings with their religion of death in battle praising. Jow Forums likes vikings so much BECAUSE they were barbarians (plus the natural counter-culture of the board), and christcucks christcucking IRL or, more especifically, pumping threads about christcuckery back and forth and undermining any pagan-related threads doesn't help in the slightest for Jow Forums to change it's mind, quite the contrary
I myself like vikings because, primarily, of their religion, secondly for their bond, and third, but not less important, their war-like behaviour
Although I just initiated in my search for understanding vikings as a whole, so my words might be shallow, or without much correct insight on things

This is actually just a false flag thread so OP can masturbate to your pretty words.

>Why do you worship vikings so much? They were barbarians.

History runs in cycles. The vikings will return.

It's an Anglo meme for some reason.

American with proxy spotted.

Maybe (but not really), and certainly not on Jow Forums. I can't recall a single thread in years about vikings. This is a slide thread.

Nah, I just don't want to reply to bait, which most of the replies are. Some good ones though.

*American

The vikings were pretty shit as warriors though.

Oh? Your sources?

>and it kind of was back then
Back when? This again is just ahistorical rubbish. The Viking Age was maybe less violent than the main Völkerwanderung-time.
> believe more so for vikings with their religion of death in battle praising
What religion would that be? And how does it differ from Old English heathenism?
>their war-like behaviour
No more warlike than the French, English, Poles, etc. In fact, if you look at Nords today, they are the least warlike people in Europe.

Barbarians are from Barbary, aka North Africa. They are pirates and bandits, now we call them “Arabs.”
Vikings are not barbarians.

American. Do not lump us in with this ahistorical biker-gang pseudo-history.

>I can't recall a single thread in years about vikings
Rubbish. Almost every time the Nords are mentioned, someone mentions the Vikings.

>fetish
I wouldn't call it that, but people like Vikings just because they look cool

Attached: 30dad0cea825333243b1e66eba64e5d3.jpg (678x960, 87K)

Read a history book, they mostly raided monasteries and badly defended cities.

The only time they actually won against a large army was in England, and that only lasted for 20 years before the Danelaw was re-conquered by Edward the Elder.

>The vikings were pretty shit as warriors though.
They were indeed. Surprise-attack in numbers was their way. The local levy were few and not well-trained.

I do not worship vikings. We have huge historical connection with them and i am fine with it.
Halfwhite nigs from USA worship vikings. And it's no less cringy than worship to third reich.

Jesus, I thought you slants were supposed to be well-educated.
Barbarian comes from ancient Greek βάρβαρος (barbaros), a non-citizen, ie. non-Greek.

>The only time they actually won against a large army was in England
They won a few. Though yes, most of their victories were against a small number of levied (non-pro) soldiers (led by pros).
We beat them in the greatest battle of the "dark ages", the Battle of Brunanburh ("Battle of the Five Armies", Tolkien's inspiration).

What about the Varangian guard? Weren't they Vikings?
Hired extensively by the Byzantines due to their effectiveness
And they were the ones who held off the French knights during the 4th crusade

>like Vikings just because they look cool
That's fiction. In reality, did they look cooler than Frankish warriors?

>back when
Wasn't anything before maybe 1200 AC violent?
>what religion would that be
Odinism? And I don't know, I didn't study the celts nor do I intend to
>No more warlike than
Okay, and your point is?
>if you look at Nords today
Look at ANYBODY in Europe, no one are warriors anymore, cucks is all there is, with maybe an exception for slavs. Same goes for the Americas

>What about the Varangian guard? Weren't they Vikings?
Towards the tenth and eleventh centuries, the Varangian guard was mostly English.

Think it has to do with the lust for adventure. Who doesnt want to go sailing and exploring instead of dragging on in this cursed clown world of today?

>Why do you worship vikings so much?

Google: ''Noble Savage''

People have been romanticizing barbarians since ancient times. A virility and honesty of barbarians has always been charming for people of civilization. It's romanticism and nothing more. Deep down we all know how superior Romans were to Germans or how superior Anglo-Saxons were to Vikings. After all, Civilization is what makes Europe different from others. Running around naked in the forest and worshipping trees is not hard. Niggers can also do that.

Attached: V1.jpg (1600x1000, 596K)

That's funny enough by itself. Most "viking" attributes usually used in media are actually have nothing to do with them.
Nor that vikings had any kind of unified dress.
Most accurate depiction of viking is a hobo with axe.

Masculinity don't mean they were stupid. Dumb cunt

The Normans were very relevant to history and were direct descendants of vikings, you crooked toothed bong.

>Wasn't anything before maybe 1200 AC violent?
Yes, so it undermines your case for the Vikings.
>Odinism? And I don't know,
If you don't know, why talk about it? Vikings tended more towards Thorr than Othinn. The English (when they were heathen) were more towards Woden than Thunor. And English society was probably more warlike than Nordic society.
>Okay, and your point is?
That you are wrong.
>Look at ANYBODY in Europe, no one are warriors anymore
Look at the last thousand years. The Nords are the least warlike people in Europe, the Swedes being the most warlike amongst them.

But still Vikings were not a civilized society

Masculine societies tend to be stupid as fuck though

Well put.

The whole rape and pillage thing seems to be popular with them.

Vikings were often just mercenaries for Jews. The Anglo-Saxons were the greatest Germanic tribe of Europe and they fought for a Homeland.

Attached: 1541746980980m.jpg (908x1024, 151K)

I know, it's all very silly. It's basically European warrior-culture projected onto the late-comers with a bit of heavy-rockers and biker-gangs thrown in.

Jow Forums is one person

idiot.

Normans were Christians of Scandinavian origin. Vikings and Normans are not the same.

>Masculine societies tend to be stupid as fuck though
Masculine societies built civilization, fuckface.

Nobody in Europe in that age was civilized compared to Arabian khaliphate or China.

>the enlightenment age.
Because the enlightenment was a mistake. Virtually every complaint you see on Jow Forums about the modern world can be traced back to enlightenment era bullshit.

Attached: 1385768046691.png (1544x2400, 596K)

Vikings were pirates, not warriors

they kept the weak in check, the alpha of their day.

worship? we just look at them as our niggers, hey look this is the white version of nigger what if we ran around acting like niggers it would look like vikings, so, the real question is why do we love niggers so much?

Are you able to read, you half-wit? Of course warriors are relevant, as I made clear.
> Normans were very relevant to history
So were Franks, Anglo-Saxons, Goths, Vandals, etc. These were more so.
>direct descendants of vikings
Partly.

>The Anglo-Saxons were the greatest Germanic tribe
The best warriors of their time.

Attached: Anglo-Saxon Warrior on Horseback.jpg (483x355, 39K)

>I don't see why people say we should go back to pillaging monasteries and sacking villages.
I think we are long overdue for this.
Also I'm a big fan of Kierkegaard.

War= scientific development

>They were very sanitary
Every day the slave-girl arrives in the morning with a large basin containing water, which she hands to her owner. He washes his hands and his face and his hair in the water, then he dips his comb in the water and brushes his hair, blows his nose and spits in the basin. There is no filthy impurity which he will not do in this water. When he no longer requires it, the slave-girl takes the basin to the man beside him and he goes through the same routine as his friend. She continues to carry it from one man to the next until she has gone round everyone in the house, with each of them blowing his nose and spitting, washing his face and hair in the basin.

>Believes in the Jewish myth of the ''Dark'' Ages

Europe, Western/Central/Southern Europe was just as civilized if not more than those Arabs and Chinks.

Attached: V-accolade.jpg (2329x4000, 2.06M)

>Because the enlightenment was a mistake.
The greatest that mankind ever made? I can't think of another that matches it. It's irrationalistic to its very roots.

>gets conquered by Normans
>can't into cavalry

Why has pol become so gay, by your definition the best a man can be is the modern basedboy a cuckolded sheep

You are a stupid jew.

barbarian (n.)
early 15c., in reference to classical history, "a non-Roman or non-Greek," earlier barbar (late 14c.) "non-Roman or non-Greek person; non-Christian; person speaking a language different from one's own," from Medieval Latin barbarinus (source of Old French barbarin "Berber, pagan, Saracen, barbarian"), from Latin barbarus "strange, foreign, barbarous," from Greek barbaros "foreign, strange; ignorant," from PIE root *barbar- echoic of unintelligible speech of foreigners (compare Sanskrit barbara- "stammering," also "non-Aryan," Latin balbus "stammering," Czech blblati "to stammer").
Follow up with: en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berbers

The Rus probably forgot the people that anointed his ancestor to human status.

huhuhu they mostly raided undefended monasteries and badly defended small villages and would run off before the warriors would show up. All were illiterate with little to no education.

And alot of them needed to get fucked off their faces on agaric mushrooms to be able to fight high. 'berserker'

Also there is many many accounts of them raping male monks.

Viking were FAGS

>War=scientific development

lol, what? Celtic and Germanic tribes had been butchering each other for centuries (until Romans came and conquered them). Despite this, they managed to stay as Nigger like primitive societies for a very long time.

Anglo-Saxon warriors, like other Germanic warriors, did not typically fight on horseback. It just wasn't cricket. They would ride to battle, then dismount and fight on foot.

Attached: 1551797179534.png (500x333, 17K)

That's literally what he said you stupid cunt
Barbary was named after the word barbaria "land of barbarians"
But you didn't have to be a Berber to be a barbarian

This

Fucking Kek

Attached: flat,550x550,075,f.jpg (550x467, 57K)

Most "pagans" these days or those who seem to have a hard on for Nordic culture and people don't even know about pic related.

The reason why there's such a fascination for vikings, is because those people were introduced to shitty metal bands like Amon Amarth or Finntroll and then become Nordiboos and claim to have .0002% Norwegian because their Irish ancestor bent over for a Nordic invader. I mean, shit. Look at the faggots who get mjollnir tattoos. They're literal mutts like Raging Metal Chick.

Attached: 82be1c42d80aa6c584d9d976c869d944-e1552357947424.png (967x543, 766K)

Yes, "Vikings" are basically bad-boy heavy-metallers or biker-gangsters. Very little to do with history.

The root of which is Proto Indo European for “stuttering cucks” which obviously includes you jews and mudshits, and excludes based Vikings.

The celts made the first chainmail, one of the reasons Europe did so well was it was decide and at war so much, coming up with new ways to kill the other, the gun is what made us lazy and the less active you are the less test you produce no more going mental on the battle field. Became estrogen men from our success, I think we need the Greeks culture of body building for our men

>Why do you worship vikings so much? They were barbarians
I actually agree I noticed this a while ago
there is a lot of romanticism sorrounding various ancient people and the vikings are no exception. They were plunderers and barbarians mostly. Certainly had their qualities but, they were not as honorable and great as we think of them today

Sorry bad english

Making chain-mail (or other technological advancements) isn't science.
Science does not appear until the late sixteenth/early seventeenth century.
Technology =/= science.
The latter, a method and a worldview, can of course, and does, help the former.

Or you realistically speaking do not have a clue on Rus history and probably the only thing you know about it is normann theory which is debated to this day.
I believe in history classes that i actually payed attention to. Another fun fact about medieval Europe: while on Rus people went into banyas and even fucking protofinns had Saunas peadsnts in Europe were lying in their own filth and shit up to enlightment.

Anglo-Saxons were defeated in battle by the Normans, only after being severely weakened after a major battle in which they defeated the Vikings at Stamford Bridge. William got lucky, having superior numbers and a surprise attack a few days later and won at Hastings.

However, the Anglo-Saxons we're never conquered. The English language and the common law all descend from the Anglo-Saxons. The Normans were absorbed...their French ways died out in England.

Attached: ah3802n-sutton-hoo-helmet-320.jpg (320x320, 49K)

>Jow Forums is one person
It is another episode of user is too retarded to understand sampling bias.

It was a tough time. We had to fight the Scots and the Picts in the North, the Welsh and the Norse-Gaels in the West, and Viking armies from the East, and finally, a Norman army in the South. We did rather well, all considered.
>The English language and the common law all descend from the Anglo-Saxons. The Normans were absorbed
And they left very little genetic trace.

>the gun is what made us lazy and the less active you are the less test you produce no more going mental on the battle field

You certainly haven't been anywhere near modern battlefield.

Attached: 41380323_2028147680570191_6730218387101712384_n.jpg (960x960, 134K)

Because they were uncucked

Not really, the English language was literally mixed with French. A lot of their nobles were Normans.

Attached: OW1PktUCOx7xhMDKLINKw.png (677x675, 59K)

Vikings were also rather inclusive. There’s multiple instances of Viking groups adopting blacks within their ranks. Paganism is an inclusive religion whose beliefs in the creation of man applied to everyone, not just whites. Thor was as much a white man’s god as it was a black man’s according to Pagan dogma.

Why do you think Scandinavian countries have such a soft spot for Africans and migrants? It’s literally a part of their culture to be inclusive.

Every time I see a pagan symbol used to promote the ideology of white superiority, it’s fucking hilarious.

Attached: 591E99DF-CB3C-4DA1-8D6A-05D76EA6DE0C.jpg (309x500, 34K)

That's vocabulary (and not always everyday words); grammar is the soul of a language, and Modern English is Old English/Old Norse in its grammatical structure. Secondly, few of the French words come from the Normans, but from the seventeenth century onwards. You were once the dominant culture in Europe, remember?

Fucking hell, where does this idea that people here worship vikings come from? I've never, ever seen anyone here or any similar place revere the vikings, not even heathens.

>while on Rus people went into banyas and even fucking protofinns had Saunas peadsnts in Europe were lying in their own filth and shit

Oh yeah, i've heard that fairy tale. Russian mothers tell this to their children when Russian kids start asking questions about Russia being a massive shithole.

banyas and saunas were a thing even in iron Age Europe.

Attached: 15027529_878251658978790_812633550018995329_n.jpg (960x640, 96K)

>christians come to europe
>destroy a bunch of sacred sites and force people to convert or die
Christians:

>non-Christians retaliate
Christians: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

yeah that's what viking raids were about

The Nordic bronze age was more civilized than the viking age. An era very underrated and overlooked. But, no. It's not "badass" enough for these people. Not Skyrim-ish enough.

Attached: Nords.jpg (2000x1437, 519K)

I am Greek and 100% believe this. They certainly were not as civilized as some Mediterranean nations were, but they were not what people commonly refer to as barbarians.

Most participants of public baths were in technically similar conditions, as they knew nothing about microorganisms like we do today. Mass deaths from plague in Europe do however roughly coincide with the abandonment of pagan sanitary tradition and denouncement of it as 'evil'.

Wrong. French and Greek roots on our language changed it drastically. English without Norman influence would sound like old Germanic from the Beowulf saga.

>Door
>Vindo (window)
>Shelf
>Table
>Hoar (white)
>Flint
>Ford (Fjord)
>___wick (___vik)

The Vikings were an incredible historical group, you fucking mongoloid. All of the 'muh warrior culture' stuff aside, they were a cultural powerhouse creating music, literature, and art on a level beyond their peers at the time. They were also superior explorers than their neighbors and extraordinary inventors. Their ship, weapon, and architectural designs were phenomenal and made good use of limited resources. They were masterful fishermen and developed a peerless system of agriculture for their region.

Beyond that, they created a religion and government that created a sense of purpose and patriotism in their people. Vikings were self sufficient and worked for the betterment of their entire folk, not just for themselves. Historically, they had one of the most fair and equal societies amongst white people. Plus, (back to muh warrior culture) every person was expected to be able to defend themselves and a Jarl could not insult a common man without fear of reprisal. Even a farmer could go to the law speaker and demand justice from royalty.

Snow nigger jokes aside, they WERE a superior culture to the English and comparable to the French. Just because they were a more ruthless warrior culture does not make them lesser. Their broader cultural works are far more notable.

Yes, indeed.
I know, not a biker to be seen.

The pagan is more respectable than the atheist. The pagan has belief. Now most people on this board who piss and moan about Christianity arent pagans they are atheists who like to play around with pagan imagery because they are edgelords. The atheist isnt just a heretic, or simply mistaken, he is a blasphemer and should be dealt with harshly. They deny all Gods and are a people of nothingness. They are negatives in every sense of the word, and tolerating or toiling against an irredeemable negative politically and civilly is a fool's errand. They must be removed by any means necessary.

Because I worship the same God’s that most of them did.

Vikings weren't responsible for that. Germanic and Nordics? Sure. Viking is a title or a job. Not every Dane or Swede was a viking. It's like saying if a band of rogue bikers in the US starting wrecking havoc in Mexico. It doesn't mean Americans are one of them. Vikings were simply a group of pirates who happened to be Nordic, some Baltic.

Do you judge that your nations' historical process would be the same without Christianity and political/cultural affiliation with the Romans/Byzantines? Mind that Zoe later Sofia Papaiologina gave the Russian Tsardom its Empire status (politically/"legally").

I am into all European cultures from the Bronze Age onward. I wear Celtic symbol’s.