I have a question about new testament and your God...

I have a question about new testament and your God. It’s written there that a guy named Jesus Christ was preaching in synagogues but an unfortunate (by earthly standards) thing happened to him – he was crucified. It’s considered that he committed sacrifice of himself to himself because he said numerous times that him and father are whole, he even proved it by displaying Transfiguration on mountain Tabor, he even predicted that Peter will betray him 3 times and he knew this entire drama beforehand. Jesus Christ is undoubtedly God but if God is absolutely omniscience, almighty, all-powerful, all-pervading being then he probably knew everything that will happen and happened hence in this drama he acts as script writer, producer and stage director that knows script and everything that will happen. According to this logic, going for crucifixion he knew very well that nothing bad will happen to him, nothing was threatening his health, life, authority. He knew that 36 hours would pass and then he will revive and continue functioning but then where’s the sacrifice if it’s a spectacle, if “Happy end” for that being was guaranteed just because that “Happy end” was established and he knew about it very well. In this way death stops being death, torments stop being torments and are closer to extreme tourism. Maybe I’m mistaken and interpretation is wrong but I already mentioned that it’s just a question: “What exactly did he sacrifice if “Happy end” was guaranteed?”. I assume that those books were written for consumption by first religious people, those were lupanar workers, lepers, homeless, freedmen, slaves; basically absolutely dense people, who lacked skeptical, analytical way of thinking and they would believe everything but maybe I’m wrong, I will be intrigued to hear your answer to this question.

Attached: Savior.jpg (531x710, 290K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gordonconwell.edu/resources/Jesus-in-the-Old-Testament.cfm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Jow Forums - Religion

In a sense it is similar to a ritualistic animal sacrifice. Jesus is the Lamb. You’re thinking of it from th wrong side though. God sent his son, th to living flesh of God, to earth to die for th sins of man. Jesus took our place in hell, when he died for our sins. It was a ritual in a sense.
1 Peter Chapter 2 versus 21-25
>21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:
>22 Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:
>23 Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously:
>24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.
>25 For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

Sorry on thI iPad
>God sent his son, the living flesh of God, to earth, to die for the sins of man.
Jow Forums is a Christian board

But god IS the son and overall nothing happened to him other than physical pain, something that an almighty being can probably endure.

Why did God need Jesus to die to change rules that he created?
Whole thing reads like a larp.

>Jow Forums is a Christian board
I'm sick of this meme

Abrahamic religion is a plague on America

The holy war is a territorial war

The jews will get most of the land if they even take it

I don't like islam either but I just want the entire middle east to be glassed

Jesus was free of sin, and so Jesus going to hell as a ‘soul free of sin’ paid for our sins. That we may live in Heaven if you believe in the lord your savior, Jesus Christ.
>Jesus was a proxy sinner so that humanity may go to heaven

If you want to ask a question, ask your question without a wall of prose.

Attached: 1535961080973.jpg (620x387, 90K)

>reddit spacing
No one cares what you think
Think of it as a ritual. No sinner can get into heaven, it is ‘Holy Ground’. So, God has to sacrifice the Son (one of three parts of the whole),so that we sinners may go to Heaven. You’re over thinking it. To be in the very presence of God, we must be washed clean by the blood of Christ. Also, I don’t necessarily believe in Dante’s hell, or Billy Graham’s.

Also, God made himself man. Christ felt the pain.

Why did he need to put on that spectacle then? Couldn't he just let everyone go to heaven without any sacrifices? Did he need affirmation for his actions, is God just an attention whore?

>knows its true
>resorts to the same old same old

Lol enjoy larping in this thread that will only max with like less than 30 posters with abunch of other deceiving fake Christians
I'm out

Christianity is now politically incorrect, so Jow Forums is unironically a Christian board, no?
But, Jow Forums also is more Christian than any other religion - unless you include the agnostics as a religion.
Did you not read the scripture in this post? versus 23-24 are most relevant. Christ died for our sins, and also to set an example to live righteously. We will never attain that standard of Christ-like righteousness, and thus are not worthy of heaven, since we haved and will sin. This then is the reason the Jesus HAD to die on the cross, for our sins.
Why did God not just let everyone in? He is not an Open Borders Commie. There is a price, you must believe in Christ and try to live righteously.

So faith in Christ is the currency God prefers in exchange for saving everyone? Doesn't exactly sound merciful

because its bunk. made up my some randos
Most Israelite couldn't write. Or at least the poor that were following Jesus
And there is nothing in the OT that says that 'God would come as a human (even though he was the One God and explicitly stated this many times'
seems more like the wishes of man

Faith in Christ is faith in God. This goes back to the definition and concept of Hell. According to the Hebrew the better translation for Hell is ‘wothout God’. Some scholars believe this to mean then if you do not believe in God you will just be cast into nothingness, the abyss. You will be without form, your soul doesn’t receive eternal life. If you want to receive eternal life you must believe in God, and you can spend eternity with The Lord. Doesn’t sound like too much of a trade off to me.
>believe in God and that Jesus is his son who died for YOUR sins
>do good works
>try not to sin and when you do ask for forgiveness
>go to Church
Really not much user.

Do you believe life is a simulation as some studies are starting to show? Kinda sounds like God’s creation? IE) test of faith
>make rules
>ask people to follow them
>give them a reward
Not hard to understand.

I still don't understand why god needs any payment at all, what difference does it make to him?

Also that’s not true about OT
gordonconwell.edu/resources/Jesus-in-the-Old-Testament.cfm
Even Jews believe Jesus will come to earth in Human form. ((they)) believe he will come and kill everyone who is an unbeliever more similar to revelations. But again I believe some of the translations are corrupted there.
Hope I was of help user. About to drive to Charleston.

It's because of the concept of free will. Free will is the single most important aspect of our existence, and in order for that free will to exist, the world we live in must be a world of rules and cause and effect. It must be predictable. God does not "magically intervene" and cheat this system of cause and effect because if he did, that would violate the free will of his creation and the ENTIRE THING would be completely pointless. He wants us to have free will, because if we did not, we would not exist. However, we've used our freewill to get ourselves stuck into a kind of big sticky ball of sin, this lobster bucket situation where nobody from this realm can ascend because the rest of the people here are keeping them back. Everything you do is tied to the karma of everybody else on the planet, and the other way around. A simple way of looking at this is imagine how much more difficult it is to live a life of pure thought and action when surrounded entirely by terrible people. It is difficult if not entirely impossible. Each realm is given a finite amount of time to get their shit together and figure out the true values of life so they can move beyond this level to the next. We have now failed multiple cycles. The next logical step would be to huck us all in the trash, but God doesn't give up on anybody, so he has given us a way out. That's what the sacrifice of the Christ was about. By incarnating into a physical body, the system can be manipulated from the inside by using the very same rules it is governed by. This is not the same as "magical divine intervention" because it is an actual incarnated person who is here doing the changes. All the rules of cause and effect are followed. Free will is not violated because we are still given a choice: recognize the sacrifice of Christ and be saved, or deny him and go your own way (probably into the garbage, forever separated from God).

Best I can do is
Idk why God made it that way, above my theology to explain.

It doesn't explain the need to sacrifice, more of a logical thing would be for him to live forever(which wouldn't be a violation to rules according to you since healing others, moving mountains and turning water to wine aren't) and to keep improving our life while giving an example

>all he suffered was physical pain...blah blah should endure durrr
>Thinkin of God and Jesus in bugman marvel thor terms
>just physical
Nothing is just physical fool.
>if god is jesus and jesus is god and then he sacrificed himself hurrr durrrrrrr
Deliberatly misinterpreting scripture and applying cringey incel meme logic to look smart. Protip. The bible is an arrangement of allogorical explainations of physical and spiritual phenomenae in the form of stories about people who interact and manifest the truth through their interactions and representations of powerful spiritual forces.
Its not harry potter faggot. You dont read the bible like you do. The truth is hidden from corrupted eyes like yours. You think its dumb because you are litterally incapable of understanding it as the person youve become. I blame the jews.

Can I slice your throat, then write about it in a book and when judged say it was allegorical for freeing you from sin and that god wants everyone to behave that way?

>I assume that those books were written for consumption by first religious people, those were lupanar workers, lepers, homeless, freedmen, slaves; basically absolutely dense people, who lacked skeptical, analytical way of thinking
The politicians and religious elites hated Jesus. The early Christians were ordinary people who saw Christ resurrected and didn't give a fuck what any "educated" person's opinion was, because they saw it with their eyes. Many of them thought it was bullshit, until they saw Jesus alive after his death. Faith was a gift to them. No intellectualizing. Just oh, there he is, I believe now. Then the elites killed them because they couldn't stand the idea of people finding out things without consulting them first.

The early Christians were the people who today would accept race realism because they physically see it, regardless of what any academic has to say on the subject.

Again.
Your stupidity is on display for all the world to see. Do what you want moron. I suggest self-immolization. Or love. Idk. Be nice faggot.

>It’s considered that he committed sacrifice of himself to himself
Jesus didn't sacrifice Himself to God.

God had to shed His blood to pay the price of everyone's sins. Transgression of the Law requires death of the transgressor. God paid the price to save all who believes on Him.

Romans 6:23 King James Version (KJV)
>23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

1 John 3:4-6 King James Version (KJV)
>4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
>5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.
>6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

Attached: 01.jpg (854x480, 93K)

Try to see it from God's perspective. To use an earthly example, let's say I'm rich, successful, and happy. I'm better than you, but I love you, so I want you to live with the same blessings. I can easily give you a bunch of money, but how do I give you the intangible riches that come being a successful person? That is, if I go bankrupt, I know I'm still a success on the inside. You don't have that. Your poverty is your own fault. If you had money it would be undeserved, and all that is a worse condition than simply lacking money. So it's not money that I need to give you. I have to inject you with my divine life so that you can share in my whole nature, which is a much more complicated process. The money will follow but it's not that big of a deal.

>And there is nothing in the OT that says that 'God would come as a human (even though he was the One God and explicitly stated this many times'

Genesis 3:15 King James Version (KJV)
>15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

First few pages of Genesis.

You need to read it again, and look for the pages where he professes him self as god and get back to me with that quote.

>And there is nothing in the OT that says that 'God would come as a human
Of course not, that would reveal His plan to the enemy and they wouldn't have killed Him. Good thing God doesn't take advice from atheists, you'd have blown the whole thing.

Matthew 28:18-19 King James Version (KJV)
>18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

John 1:1-14 King James Version (KJV)
>1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
>2 The same was in the beginning with God.
>3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
>4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
>5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
>6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
>7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.
>8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
>9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
>10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
>11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
>12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
>13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
>14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Reminder that christcucks have yet to provide any evidence for any of their claims