Are F-35 any good?

or is it just a meme tier hardware (relative to its price & hype)?
Turkey getting the S-400 system seems overpowering, considering that so far, our S-300 were literally a military boogieman (for both Turkey & Israel, since both nations were adamant that they were not installed in Cyprus, as they were intended initially).

thenationalherald.com/238199/besides-turkey-us-may-sell-f-35s-to-greece-american-allies/

Is this shit any good or are we merely buying "protection" (as if USA ever protected us in any of our conficts)?

Attached: download.jpg (1480x832, 89K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thedrive.com/the-war-zone/26825/air-forces-secretive-xq-58a-valkyrie-experimental-combat-drone-emerges-after-first-flight
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cypriot_S-300_crisis
youtube.com/watch?v=0WM4eEKlsj0
youtube.com/watch?v=i1lD1r5TvLc
youtube.com/watch?v=LrLfsQVu6tY
youtube.com/watch?v=TLUS3KlAAvg
youtube.com/watch?v=uZbqkxjAK8E
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BAE_Systems_Tempest
youtube.com/watch?v=3efXVyZXpFk
youtube.com/watch?v=TGWyEviXTp0
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The F-35 is a combat computer with a plane wrapped around it

The US or Israel can remote disable the planes if they decide they want to. Barely worth any money at all.

It's a meme.
Pretty clever meme, but a meme.
Just another stepping stone along the road towards the EM-Warfare synchronicity.

US equipment became overpriced shit after some decades, most countries are switching to other providers.

Anyone asking the f-35 is either a Russian or a Russian stooge

Schizo

It's a shell expenditure for more nefarious black budget projects.

Its a top notch combat computer, just the plane isnt much of a combat fighter.

Japan has Toyota and the USA has Lockheed Martin, F35 is really just a export product to make money with... unfortunately the development was a failure, costs were multitudes higher than should've been, and the whole project has been artificially kept alive just because of how much has already been invested in it... therefore anyone buying F35's pays a bullshit inflated price to help the USA make some money back... which not many countries want to do, only those who are somehow dependent on the USA, like Israel

Attached: 1550951810911.png (619x406, 232K)

the thing kills russian shit dead. if your enemy is a big customer for russian hardware, then the f-35 is a good investment. the americans haven't made a bad aircraft in fifty years. can't say the same for the crap russia cranked out.

It's got an amazing firing range and radar system. However it is loud as fuck and has poor maneuverability. In close combat it is likely to lose and as close air support, it carries a small load.
Basically is to an aircraft what Early Access is to Steam.

It would be great, if they actually delivered on their promises.

All these expensive planes are retarded. Does the US even have a plane it could mass produce quickly? What if the Chinese or Russians do some sneaky shit to take them all out initially does the US have the capabilities of making useful planes quick like in WW2?

I forgot to add that the total cost of the F-35 will be literally 1 trillion dollars.

no

Who would be considered the EA of fighter jet R&D? I guess Boeing since they make you buy so much overpriced extra shit?

All this 10th gen crap is shit for dick waving meme warfare.
F35, PakFa, J22 all shit, they will never meet in real combat cause there's no certainty which one will prevail and the producers of this crap cannot risk their meme shattering.

Affordable mass-produced equipment is the best option for real war, even if it's much shittier than the top-notch alternative. The advantage that all this overpriced modern stealth piss gives you may or may not play out, but if you have more jets than the enemy has missiles the outcome can be predicted with 100% certainty.

The fact that nobody works on such a project of minimal-cost expendable war machine and instead blow away billions to increase locking range by 0.000001% proves that nobody plans to have any real war ever and it'll just be same shitty proxy wars with two small army groups standing a few hundred kilometers against each other and taking turn bombing sand people that are stuck in between.

Attached: 1433890728001.jpg (535x401, 41K)

The tax payer money has already been wasted.

Attached: 89249823423.jpg (3000x2494, 3.27M)

Boeing is the Early Access of commercial planes

More like Kickstarter or Indiegogo considering how outsourced the Joint Strike Fighter project is

F-35 is designed for a modern distributed network. All these brainlets that think the F-35 is bad do not understand that most of the fighters they like to jack off to are completely beholden to airborn tankers, AWACS and other external planes that are completely necessary for them to operate in modern threatened airspace, with 0 capability of operating in hardened airspace.

The F-35, on the flipside, is pretty much as people have stated.. A very capable flying combat computer that can not only operate as a long range flying radar system that's hard to shoot down, but also as an AWACS, an ECM/ECCM, a drone control host as well as a multitude of other options that is all built into a rather fast platform for what it is. It's not entirely a replacement for most aircraft but what it can do, it can do well, and do it on it's own without the need for a Sparkvark or any AWACS supporting it.

Attached: D1KOfSNWwAIpQDR (1).png (834x498, 224K)

based ivan.

And you're wrong. The F-35 can interface with pic related easy. At $2-3 million a pop they are essentially a cheap reusable cruise missile that can shoot AA missiles, drop bombs or act as flying radars.

Russian and Chinese air doctrines will never compete with this level of distribution ever, and it's obvious they never intend to.

They will never fight an F-35 because they'll be fighting fleets of these XQ-58's instead, while the F-35 shoots a BVR up their ass. Their fancy planes, or even their mass produced planes, honestly won't mean shit anymore once this whole system gets off the ground.

Attached: RIlbYmaW.jpg (600x314, 19K)

>All those plywood planes
Yup. Cheep simple cost effective. Wins wars.

why is this the first time I'm hearing about this XQ thing if it is such a gamechanger?

What happens when the Chinks/Russians hack any component of this network? And dont say "impossible". One little backdoor in the hardware of ANY of these components and its good night.

Not to mention that the Russians and Chinks know that the only way to beat the US in a conventional war is through cyber space.

thedrive.com/the-war-zone/26825/air-forces-secretive-xq-58a-valkyrie-experimental-combat-drone-emerges-after-first-flight

Probably because the chair force has been keeping this quiet, while also developing this system over the course of the last 3 years or so.

You're just not that in the know about it as you think you are, is all.

>it is not bad plane goy, just to make it work you need to buy another product that will cost you billions on top of its already astronomical price
basically very clever scheme to funnel taxpayer money into hands of oligarchs

It's a distributed network. Unless they have the ability to hack literally everything at once they won't really be taking the network down, especially if the whole system is distributed amongst multiple targets.

That's the entire point of them. Outside of the F-35 the rest down below are completely expendable. You seriously underestimate how difficult it is to hack a drone, let alone a bunch of them, at once.

okay, that might be legit, but do you really believe that the Russians/Chinks or even Japs/Inds cannot/will not produce their own advanced drones in a couple years?

You know the s400 has almost no proven track record right? It is all marketing hype. The Russian MIC covers up all evidence if failure and there is little to no free press.

F-35 is being utilized as a front to fund black projects. that being the case - i’d consider F-35 as a success

By the time the Russians / Chinks develop a system like this they will be far behind what the US has.

Japan is just buying our shit.

Youre misunderstanding me. Im not talking about some Chink hacking into an individual F-35 or XQ-58, Im talking about having a clear "war plan" to target the entire systems, from satelites to jamming signals etc.

The truth is that the US is going high-tech for obvious (((reasons))). You cant deny that the F-35 isnt just a trillion dollar contract. It has no basis in reality. Were not even talking about the cost/minute of maintenance.

From a strategic standpoint drones are the future, drones and missiles. These high-tech toys have no place outside of bombing goatherders with AKs. In a messy total war, these things wont be remotely relevant, since all it takes is a rocket and its gone.

"...to kill the enemy before the enemy even knows it's coming."
That's the F-35. I live next to a base that has a squadron. It's not alone here either. F-22's, F-16's, C-130 gunships, Osprey's, Apaches, and Cobras. These are all stationed in my COUNTY alone.
The F-35 will never fly into a dogfight, especially not alone. That is not why it was engineered.

Neither does the f35 lol.

Attached: melt.jpg (322x396, 30K)

You don't hack drones, you just suppress them by creating radio-interference after which they fall/go into autonomous mode if there is such thing. I very much doubt those shits have any resemblance of AI that would allow them to attack autonomously and they all can be jammed. Even Iran has the technology and they've recently used it to jam some kike's drone and make it crash-land.

Read

>F35 any good?

nope. it's a money pit for skunk works projects.

You are envisioning something that doesn't exist either :P China / Russia coming up with a massive cyberspace SHODAN to shut down an entire battlespace is something Hollywood made up. This isn't possible in real life nor will it ever be conceivable in the way you envision it. There simply isn't enough computational ability to pull this off in any capacity, and even then you're better off just throwing a nuke into the sky of an area if you're so worried about it.

The entire point of this operation is to fill the sky with an insurmountable amount of targets that are very difficult to pick out, but all having a specific function that you can't ignore them at all. The actual "brain" behind it will still run much more precise operations.

That hasn't been a thing in years, Ivan. Lower end drones are vulnerable to those things but higher tier drones operate autonomously for the most part to begin with and won't have any issue with it.

Most "fears" are completely unfounded / built off of hollywood myths. The systems are far more robust than you guys can imagine, and have been for a while.

tons o'truth

This is the answer. My cousin is an aerospace engineer and works on a project he can't talk about. The only reason I even know is that he had to have a deep background check that included relatives and he gave me a heads up that I would get a visit by the FBI.
Also interesting is that they won't let any workers with Asian or Russian blood work on it. All Anglo-Saxons and some Black dudes that all ex-military.

Yeah and my dad owns microsoft.

Attached: Xt8drk1.jpg (450x450, 26K)

S-300 were/are our boogieman against Turkey. Just because there are recent cases of failure against Israeli jets does not make them useless (I assume that Israeli Air Force is more advanced relative to Turkey's).
Turkey has threatened us with all-out war 2 times in the modern era, and the s-300 installation in Cyprus was one of them.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cypriot_S-300_crisis

What I doubt is whether F-35 is a good counter to Turkey's S-400. Our military strategy in all the past decades was to have decent enough defense systems/force that would make a war too costly for Turkey and almost impossible to win.

From what I've read so far, it seems like a good hardware, but maybe not optimal for an army that does not have superiority in numbers.

Attached: it's all so tiresome.png (1506x524, 229K)

>There simply isn't enough computational ability to pull this off in any capacity
You are now aware that every microchip produced in china, every smartphone, every mainboard etc. all are ready to be "activated" if shit hits the fan.

My dad works at Nintendo and says Goku will be a DLC character in the new smash. I know this because the FBI did a background check after shigeru miyamoto personally called my dad to give him a job.

Don't you have a country to put out of it's misery?

You're being willfully stupid now. That is beyond a fantasy scenario at best and you know that.

It’s a terribly mismanaged program, yes. But the end product is going to be an extremely capable fighter.

Is a capable airplane, but is not a silver bullet

You know they do background checks for some jobs at Twitter right? You need a higher quality of relatives.

all mil hardware is a meme.
vs threads are meme promotional threads.

what % of your gdp can be got is what it's all about

thicc

Same to you mutt

user you don't need to hack anything, just deny communication, and yes it will be deployed alongside other thech/tools/weapons to carry the mission but the thing is that f22,f16 and so on can carry the same mission cheaper,

Nah, I'm pure Dutch/German going back to colonial America. My people did shoot up your cowardly ancestors and for that I apologize.

it's just a flying testbed platform for other technologies that will be put in an 'actually' good 7th generation plane.

That’s classified information. Literally.

I dunno. Would you wanna go up against a Mig-29 or SU-27?

The F-35 should be the A-35. It’s an attack aircraft, not a fighter. It’s expensive, but it does what it’s supposed to do. If you want stealth, you have to pay. Plus, the Marines version is VTOL, which they need.

Yes, contrary to all the sensationalism, the F-35 is in fact a very good plane that is far better than the opposition, including the laughable old generation Eurofighter.

You're naively assuming it uses radio/micro waves for communication, rather than photons tunneling through a high-dimensional quantum channel directly to the receiver.

Turkey is getting offered Su-57 too.
I'd take S-400 + Su-57 over just F-35.

$1.5 trillion through 2070

When they finally get one in the air we'll let you know.

They went with a single drive in the era of twin drives?

250ml of mushy peas credit has been deposited into your account

I'm saving up to trade 5L in for a rasher of non-haram bacon substitute.

some random YT video analysis on f-35
youtube.com/watch?v=0WM4eEKlsj0
youtube.com/watch?v=i1lD1r5TvLc
youtube.com/watch?v=LrLfsQVu6tY

it's an overpriced piece of shit that any half decent pilot in an f-16 can shoot down. the israeli assault force only built this thing for the shekels. it's literally a meme plane.

Because it's not intended as a fighter, it's an aerial control suite for combat drones like the Phantom Ray, X-47B, Taranis, XQ-222, etc. and decoy missiles like MALDs.
youtube.com/watch?v=TLUS3KlAAvg

It's almost as if short range dogfights are a relic of the past

notwithstanding the fact that you mutts get your asses handed to you in every simulation, what makes you think they'd respond conventionally?
you niggers really are fucking braindead. stop worshipping your country like it's a fucking religion.

Attached: meme-laugh--soviet-icbm-laughs-in-megatons.jpg (774x500, 161K)

keep that chin up and stay sharp, nige

Attached: licenced_to_shill.jpg (2918x2918, 269K)

>simulation

lmao

Attached: 1547067983861.jpg (1078x1360, 156K)

Having a family member with some kind of clearance (you don't specify which) doesn't amount to a hill of beans. I had top secret clearance when I was in. You know what I had access to? Flight plans. That's it. I required access to flight plans because of my job (and I only had top secret because of my specific duties - most people in my job don't even get secret). Your family member has access to something extremely specific, and NOTHING else.

In short.. you don't know shit because you are not your family member. Your family member doesn't know shit because the information they DO have access to is extremely limited in scope. Stop trying to use your family member as a stepping stone to having information that others don't have - you don't have it.

fortunately the entire doctrine doesn't hinge on sustained turn rate at 15k with a full fuel load.

fortunately for the world, that doctrine doesn't hinge on economic sustainability.

Let this man explain you some things, brainlets
youtube.com/watch?v=uZbqkxjAK8E

Attached: 15452250395c1a434f811b30.23830925[1].jpg (400x400, 85K)

They just have to hack the ALIS and the whole fleet is grounded.
Some analysts already pointed this grave vulnerability. Not sure if problem was solved since.

Also the thing really likes to self destroy, it needs lots of maintenance,
Is like a transgender plane the moment you don't give it any attention it kills itself

Kek

hence the word compartmentalized

cringe

I think F-35 is just export merch and Americans will develop something superior for themselves, like F-22 which will never be sold.

Also S-XXX AA is overrated befroe I see it achieving anything. So far Russia has protected Syria with it but they stil get attacked by Israel all the time. If it was so good Syria would be untouchable.

I miss the chariot of the Gods, for we aren't worthy of its presence here on earth anymore.

Attached: desgsdergserdgr.jpg (1486x991, 126K)

More than you can afford pal

What about the Tempest?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BAE_Systems_Tempest

Attached: 300px-Team_tempest.jpg (300x208, 12K)

I haven't unlocked it in ac7 yet I'll let you know

F-35 doeset't have any opposition now. Eurofighter is decades old fighter and SU-57 / PAK-FA is getting cancelled.

I think it would be more fair to compare Eurofighter to Super Hornet.

its an excellent plane and great replacement for f16 already been in countless bombing missions

Attached: 2018-Nov-6-HAF-with-Israel-Air-Force-over-Greece.jpg (1200x799, 133K)

>ac7

Try DCS world

Attached: 1524995702654.png (469x452, 277K)

Well, the s300, manned by russians, were not used. Because if they did, and shot israeli aircrafts, it could have escalated badly, giving the US a pretext to go even further.
They sacrificed allied troops and assets to be sure to keep the area under control.
If it demonstrates something, its the ruthlessness and strategy mastery of russians.

The tomcat was really something. Aesthetic as fuck.

i had clearances for driving truck. often times the army guys would try to tell me what classified shit I'm carrying, I'd simply respond with, "i don't give a flying fuck what it is, just make sure the check clears."
really takes the steam out of their strides when civilians put them and their bullshit in their proper place.

I think they were scared of downing civilian passenger jets in Lebanese airspace which Israel uses as human shields or their anti air system is simply shit. Why recolate such top tier system into Syria if you don't use it?

The F-35 is fine, just fine.

Its the people making it that are complete kikes.

If it got its software/computer bugs sorted, it would be a comfy airplane.

Here is some boner material

youtube.com/watch?v=3efXVyZXpFk

youtube.com/watch?v=TGWyEviXTp0