Faith Without Works

Religion will always be a part of politics, but on an individual level what can we do?

I am saved, yet, I feel as if I am not doing enough for Christ. Following His lead has saved me from drug-addiction, female-obsession, and suicidal thoughts. I still struggle greatly and want to be worthy of this connection to God.

But I can't shake this feeling that it's not enough for me to simply accept Jesus. I need to do something. No one around me gives a shit about Jesus. Most don't even care about the spiritual realm anymore. I feel this need to get up and change the world for Jesus, but it seems so impossible. What can I do to shake this feeling that I am not doing enough to glorify Him? What can any of us do?

Attached: cube-hyper.jpg (474x743, 65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/UA8_fqUZLEU
icaact.org
pactsntl.org
zersetzung.org
surveillancesurvivors.org
youtube.com/watch?v=LksC_gWkt04&t=2s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Imagine believing in things without any evidence whatsoever

Attached: 1546877388703.jpg (500x477, 19K)

You could suck a priests dick after sippin on the jebus wine i guess

>jesus wearing a thong
Degenerate

Faith is above works. Works are a derivative of faith.

Would you bother to till the land but for faith crops will grow?

Attached: 1551474356019.jpg (126x314, 13K)

Morality confirms the existence of the supernatural. From there we can surmise the nature of God according to the nature of love.

Which morality? Islamic morality? Old Testament morality, which involves genociding people for disbelieving in your god? Jesus' morality, which tells you to give away all your belongings to the poor?

By the way, about that last part, have you done this yet?

I guess I just gotta take it one moment at a time. And opportunities will present themselves. I'll walk in faith that He will show me the path I need to walk.

Reminder that MASONS 'definition' of the term

'Holy Land' means a place where you go as a

foreigner, set up shop and then start taxing

foreigners

inb4 reddit spacing
The Goyim Know

Attached: (((masons))).jpg (238x250, 9K)

Jesus was an extreme example of a pure person that got to the heart of every message and law to the point that you couldn't argue with it. He is not expecting us to be perfect like Him, but the desire to be like Him and the act of disciplining yourself is, in itself, purifying. I might not be able to give all my belongings away, but I can give SOMETHING and at least TRY to be like Him. Being myself, for myself, always results in misery. I choose Christ.

>I am saved, yet, I feel as if I am not doing enough for Christ.
Then you probably aren't as saved as you think.

>No one around me gives a shit about Jesus. Most don't even care about the spiritual realm anymore. I feel this need to get up and change the world for Jesus
None of this should concern you. Your foremost mission is to be in personal relationship with God. If the world needs something to be done, and that something needs to be done by you, God will let you know.

>I still struggle greatly and want to be worthy of this connection to God.
>What can I do to shake this feeling that I am not doing enough to glorify Him? What can any of us do?
> I need to do something.
You glorify God by being, not by doing. All doing is distraction from God. Consider this: how many minutes or hours in the past week have you spent with a quiet mind, simply observing the Creation and the work of Holy Spirit within it? How often do you sit outside and silently appreciate being alive? How often have you watched children play innocently? These are the kind of experiences God wants you to feed to him.

Muslims say the exact same thing about Muhammed. They call him perfect as well, and follow everything he said and did to the letter.

What could you possibly have to offer God? I still don't understand this about the religious. If God is as you say then there is absolutely nothing that he could want that he would be unable to have on his own accord. What I'm also confused about is how God can have a will yet things can go against that will? If God wants his children to know him then why don't they? God operates outside if traditional logic space, why couldn't he ensure free will AND universal faith?

>If God is as you say then there is absolutely nothing that he could want that he would be unable to have on his own accord
And he does: you are his accord. You, among all other beings, are God's omnipotent way of experiencing separation from his own omnipresency.

>God operates outside if traditional logic space, why couldn't he ensure free will AND universal faith?
Because us for whom the choice was presented would still be subject to the paradox of causality such scenario would create. Giving an individual part the chance to reject his role on the greater whole is more just and good than forcing him to carry out his role.

Read and live the Sermon on the Mount, user.

Well if you're gonna believe then do it 100% and live it, is what I'm saying.
It's what God has offered me that I want. I don't know why we exist, or why we have this contradiction in our beings, but I know God. And I think a lot of people know God in some way. I truly believe that. And free will+morality=good person. But its the faith and the seeking of God that makes us different, I guess.

if your morals require religiousity you are the problem

This blew my mind.

They actually don't. Muslims agree all humans are imperfect and they don't claim Muhammed was more than human. The difference is they don't have an explanation for how God can accept them despite their imperfections. Christians claim God made the ultimate sacrifice on their behalf but Muslims just have vague notions of balancing mercy and justice. I might be overlooking something but you can clearly see that we can come to some partial understanding of God through reason and logic.

Any morality at all confirms the existence of God. You know intuitively that there is a difference between the laws "don't murder strangers for fun" and "don't wear red on Fridays." There is a substantive difference for which physical sciences have no explanation. It is a metaphysical reality.

They don't. Like I said, it's seeing God in everything that changes your mindset and perception of reality. That's when you have your ego-death, and see that this it is all beyond your comprehension, but it has reached out and opened your mind and you are now changed forever.

SOLA SCRIPTURA
SOLA FIDE
SOLA GRATIA

This, too, blew my mind.

>what are works before god?
Love your neighbour.

To understand the deeper meening, you have to realize that after Jesus died and resurrected he asked god to send everyone the holy spirit in Addition to the word being written in our heart.

>what you do unto others you do to me
That's meant literally. No you should not worship people as god. However in whatever you do to others, consider that god is not only watching but is part of the other Person.

Thank you for all for the reason and logic, obviously I feel deeply but don't always express it well. This is all good stuff.

>Because us for whom the choice was presented would still be subject to the paradox of causality such scenario would create.
I'm sorry for being stupid but what do you mean? What paradox of causality?
>Giving an individual part the chance to reject his role on the greater whole is more just and good than forcing him to carry out his role.
I'm saying God would be able to have all people choose to have faith. He would operate on such a level that their choice would be guaranteed while also maintaining their free will.

You can follow some parts of the law some of the time without God. But you can't find forgiveness for violating it. And if you think you don't need that forgiveness then you're basically a Satanist and cleansing your soul is going to be a needlessly painful process. I believe in universal reconciliation but that's not a fun route to God and you might as well confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and that you have sinned just to be safe. Even if it's out of fear that would be better than to completely deny His authority.

>morality
Innate morality can be completely explained through evolutionary biology

>I might be overlooking something

Yes, the logic and reason part

>Any morality at all confirms the existence of God

That doesn't follow, at all

Based modric poster

>god's temple is whithin you
-The word in our hearts (Jesus)
-the holy spirit
-the breath of life from god (since Adam)
The trinity is complete within us.

"We find that when we take the right step things break providentially for us whether we are in a battle or not they break providentially for us."

RJ Rushdoony

I'm sorry I don't even sort of understand what you meant by this. Didn't your op ask what more you can offer God?
>I feel as if I am not doing enough for Christ.
Right?

Based

Attached: 1439031951952.png (202x235, 50K)

Yep, and we are the chosen creations that were blessed to have to mental capacity to conceive the ideas of morality. To me that is best of both worlds, brother. We are God's creation, chosen, made.

>But you can't find forgiveness for violating it.
This seems even less moral. Instead of preemptively avoiding sin as you would without a system of forgiveness, you are "allowed" to sin as long as at the end of your life you ask forgiveness?

>What paradox of causality?
You asked:
>God operates outside if traditional logic space, why couldn't he ensure free will AND universal faith?
The answer is: God can, but we can't. For use to be as we are, the world has to be as it is. In this world the presence of free will would equal absence of universal faith and the presence of universal faith an absence of free will. This would be the paradox. To God such equation of course would not be an obstacle. But to non-omniscient creations it is.

>I'm saying God would be able to have all people choose to have faith.
> He would operate on such a level that their choice would be guaranteed while also maintaining their free will.
Consider that this is what he is doing to his best extent. You can only guide people so far before you begin to violate their free will. Think about this: if God showed himself in all his might, would anyone reject him? No, they would be forced to bow down in front of such magnificience, even against their will. God presents us in amounts that we are capable of rationally assessing. Whether we choose to build upon these small glimpses, or to dismiss them - that's the 'free will'.

This is not something you tell people you care about.

I guess I had this feeling that I ought to go out and do something, and I just didn't know what.. And this little discussion we're all having has really helped me see a bigger picture. I'm definitely seeing things in a clearer way now that I have reached out to people to help soothe me, I guess.

I just told you why.

Both a serial killer and someone who feels disgusted by murder can attribute some, perhaps all, of their psychological leanings to nature and biology. But I would say that one of them is actually wrong even though both are natural. God gave man authority over the earth. Man gave up that authority to the devil, and that's how our present existence became rotten with suffering and evil, even in our physical brains. And it's not an easy to thing for God to intervene directly, because he gave up dominion over the earth as a gift to man. Hence the need for prayer. This is man's domain and man needs to grant God permission to enter, at least at the present time.

>God gave man authority over the earth. Man gave up that authority to the devil, and that's how our present existence became rotten with suffering and evil, even in our physical brains.
God actually gave the authority over earth to Lucifer. Even to this day, he is the rightful ruler of Earth. Like many of us, he has through his free will chosen to sabotage God's plan out of his hate towards us, because in God's plan we are meant to eventually get closer to God than Lucifer was ever meant. Imagine already having the winning lottery ticket in your hands: the only thing that can come between you and millions of dollars is someone convincing you that it is not worth it. This is what you are against.

>Instead of preemptively avoiding sin as you would without a system of forgiveness
First, it's not preemptive. You already sinned, and morality doesn't care whether something happened in the past or the future. You're already in need of forgiveness. Second, that would not be the consequence of such a system. The logical response to that system would be to give up, and die, because God cannot and should not have fellowship with something sinful.

I'm not talking about forgiveness in terms of a total lack of punishment (better termed discipline when it comes from God). I mean forgiveness in the sense that God continues to love you and works to change you into something loveable. That requires an external force because you're not going to do it on your own. (And whether you're capable of doing it on your own is a meaningless question because if you have any humility you know you're not going to.)

Here OP, the confirmation you were waiting for:

youtu.be/UA8_fqUZLEU

>And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

God gave authority over the earth to man, and then man gave it to Lucifer. God would never have allowed the earth to become as corrupted as it has if it weren't for man's foolishness. Cancer and earthquakes aren't tests from God but the work of the devil.

>imagine not looking for any evidence

>Old Testament morality, which involves genociding people for disbelieving in your god?
Source?

Tares among the wheat.
The enemy planted them.

Just let god work through you and the works will come. It's the faith that enables you to do the work, that's why it's so important!

This is false, Christ has all authority in heaven and on earth and He reigns until He makes all His enemies the foot stool of His feet.

Volunteer

Simple but effective. Thanks

>God gave authority
Authority as in an overseer to the process of cultivating man as a spiritual being. I agree with your view that man inherited the Earth. But man was not the only one with an Earthly mission. Lucifer and the third of angels were meant to be closely involved too, for the good of God and Man.

>God would never have allowed the earth to become as corrupted as it has if it weren't for man's foolishness.
Doubt that. God must prefer corruption to violating of free will, regardless of whether it came to us or other beings. He is not just our merciful, just and loving God, but that of all creation.

>Cancer and earthquakes aren't tests from God but the work of the devil.
That I find narrowminded. With the right attitude, everything in life serves as a positive lesson. There are many crippled people who will openly admit that they would not likely have had the chance to grow closer to God without their injury. Christians in general believe that everything happens for a reason. Once again the issue comes to free will: will you ask: what am I supposed to learn from this? Or will you ask: why did the devil curse me with this?

Not yet. He has yet to come to claim his authority.

You're contradicting Christ and Paul.
Matt 28:18 And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in[b] the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”

1 Cor 15:20 But in fact Christ has been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. 21 For as by a man came death, by a man has come also the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive. 23 But each in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, then at his coming those who belong to Christ. 24 Then comes the end, when he delivers the kingdom to God the Father after destroying every rule and every authority and power. 25 For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death. 27 For “God[c] has put all things in subjection under his feet.” But when it says, “all things are put in subjection,” it is plain that he is excepted who put all things in subjection under him. 28 When all things are subjected to him, then the Son himself will also be subjected to him who put all things in subjection under him, that God may be all in all.

You received some bad teaching along the way. Jesus bound Satan so his house would be plundered and we can disciple the nations.

Fuck you, Cletuses, you allied yourself with gangstalkers:

icaact.org
pactsntl.org
zersetzung.org
surveillancesurvivors.org

Take your meds.

OP needs to read Leviticus 20:13

Go to all that NGOs and tell them the same shit, subhuman.

Attached: 1553366066684.gif (477x464, 2.69M)

He said to spread your seed far and wide in Genesis 1:28 . And in Luke 8:11 He revealed what seed He was speaking about. Many are called, few are chosen.

By Grace you have been saved, through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not of works, that no one may boast. For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared in advance that we should walk in them. Ephesians 2:8-10

So works don't have anything to do with saving you. You are saved solely by believing that Jesus took your sins away. However you are saved in order to do many good works to the glory of God.

He has prepared those good works for you already. What are they? They consist of doing the ten commandments in the place God has put you. Love your wife (6th commandment), go to church and participate in the work there (3rd commandment), honor your parents (4th commandment), do your best at work (7th commandment), defend your neighbor's reputation.

It's important to find a church that can clearly teach you what good works are pleasing to God.

Further reading (besides the Bible): Augsburg Confession, the Large Catechism of Martin Luther.

www.bookofconcord.org

There are three primary “sub-practices” that comprise the practice of mystical contemplation: Presence, Absence, and Power. These three practices correspond with the Three Sacred Vows of a Christian mystic: Obedience, Poverty, and Chastity.

In order to attain mystical, or spiritual, at-one-ment with the Divine, or Supreme, Being, a disciple of the Way must master these three sub-practices and combine them into a single integral practice. This three-fold, integral combining constitutes the practice of true, or sacred, alchemy.

Plugged-in Presence, or Relationship, is simply whole-bodily intercourse with the whole, the totality of existence as it intersects your being. Feel yourself as your whole body and “press” your body against the empty space in front of you. “Embrace” the empty space and all that arises in it by being in direct relationship to it. As soon as you feel yourself apart from or retracting from this relationship, attempt to reassume the “postion” of at-one-ment with it. In my own case, I randomly enquire: “Avoiding Relationship?” and this instigates my return to the asana of Plugged-in Presence (Conscious Awareness + Oneness).

One can be in Relationship to not only the outer world, but also to one’s “inner world,” which (temporarily) dissolves when the force of one’s Plugged-in Presence penetrates it. When you practice Relationship, you can do so with your eyes open or closed.

Plugged-in Presence, or Relationship, when direct, immediate, and unobstructed, generates maximal consciousness-force. It create a palpable, even visceral, pressure. When this pressure is felt, one must yield to it by utterly letting go, by totally relaxing-releasing the bodymind. This letting go, or self-surrendering, is the practice of Absence, or in Christian mysticism term, Poverty.

When an Initiated, or Spirit-Baptized, mystic establishes himself in Relationship (Awareness + Oneness), or Plugged-in Presence, his connection generates palpable consciousne...ss- force, or pressure. When he feels this pressure, he must yield to it by surrendering, or “impoverishing” himself. This equates to utterly relaxing-releasing the entire bodymind. This “gesture” can be described as “dying to self,” or as if being “dead,” or effortless.

This “gesture,” which may seem nihilistic on the surface, isn’t. It’s simply the means to “create” a vacuum, or “hole,” through which the force, or pressure, of consciousness can “translate into” and flow as Energy, or Power, through the mystic. This radical reduction of resistance via self-emptying allows the “push” engendered via the practice of Plugged-in Presence, or Relationship, to morph into “pulled-down” Power, the Descent of the Divine.

At any point in the midst of receiving/conducting, the Plenum, the Blessing/Blissing Power from above, the mystic may dispense with the practice of self-emptying, the Vacuum, and instead directly relate to, and merge with, the Divine Power.

Attached: 1544853789199.png (600x650, 208K)

youtube.com/watch?v=LksC_gWkt04&t=2s

oh its brazil fun poster shill. XD I knew you'd show

UM GUYS

Attached: FFA53869-86AA-47D1-B33D-C4EFF75E0B83.jpg (462x1087, 231K)

Gay. The number in Revelation is six hundred and sixty six, not six six six, and refers to Nero.

Imagine only believing in the observable, material world.

Attached: 1551746285462.jpg (500x500, 28K)

Remember, Christ was the only sinless man that ever walked the earth, and nothing you can do in your earthly power will ever reach His standard. That's why He died for you, so you don't have to.

In the end, if your faith is pure, and you make Him the Lord of your life, you WILL produce works, some big, some small. Remember, it's not your job to save anyone, nor can you: salvation comes from Christ and Christ alone. Personally, I pray to the Lord for the eyes to see the opportunities that are already in front of me. Try it. You might be amazed at what Kingdom work you're well equipped for that's just waiting for you to undertake it.

Attached: Christ haloed.jpg (467x582, 35K)

But I can't shake this feeling that it's not enough for me to simply accept Jesus.

>James 2:26 - Indeed, as the body without spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead.

>James 2:22 -You behold that [his] faith worked along with his works and by [his] works [his] faith was perfected

>James 2:24 YOU see that a man is to be declared righteous by works, and not by faith alone.

>Romans 2:13 - For the hearers of law are not the ones righteous before God, but the doers of law will be declared righteous.

>James 1:22 - However, become doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves with false reasoning.

>(James 2:19) You believe there is one God, do you? You are doing quite well. And yet the demons believe and shudder.

>(Matthew 8:29) And, look! they screamed, saying: “What have we to do with you, Son of God? Did you come here to torment us before the appointed time?”

Abraham "wasn't considered right" before God. He was already counted as righteous but his faith in God was perfected by his deeds. It is DEMONSTRATIONS and DEEDS of faith that strengthen and perfect your faith. Same as how you BELIEVE that hitting the gym is salvation to the body but if you don't DEMONSTRATE and don't PRACTICE that belief it is nothing. You will be weak in body. Your faith without demonstrations and practice will be weakened in times of tribulation and confrontation. Look at the demons up above. They believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God and that faith in him saves. Yet why are they still counted as demons? Because their works are anti-Christ while believe IN Christ.

"Works" in the Bible is not charity. It is demonstrations or proof of genuine faith or actions motivated by faith. Not good deeds of charity otherwise Ellen Degenerate would be saved by her good deeds.

>Jesus' morality, which tells you to give away all your belongings to the poor?

Jesus never commanded this. That's because all those verses were taken out of context.

>(Luke 18:25) It is easier, in fact, for a camel to get through the eye of a sewing needle than for a rich man to get into the kingdom of God.”

Jesus was approached by a young man who wanted Jesus blessing but Jesus told him to be his follower and one thing was missing. The reason Jesus told him to sell all his possessions was answered in:

(Matthew 19:22) When the young man heard this saying, he went away grieved, for he was holding many possessions.
(Mark 10:22) But he grew sad at the saying and went off grieved, for he was holding many possessions.

The problem was that the young man was being held back by having too much in possessions. That prevented him from following Jesus. Jesus had no problem with people being wealthy. We know this also because of Nicodemus, a Pharisee and a teacher of Israel, a ruler of the Jews (that is, a member of the Sanhedrin) who is mentioned only in John’s Gospel.(Joh 2:23; 3:1-21.) Jesus never told HIM to leave his wealth and distribute it. His problem was that he refused to leave his position and social status in life. He's the guy who paid all the expenses for Jesus burial and bought the expensive tomb to put him in. So obviously, wealth wasn't the problem itself. It's the LOVE of money that is the problem. The young man LOVED his wealth more than Jesus. Nichodemus valued his POSITION more than Jesus.

But I can't shake this feeling that it's not enough for me to simply accept Jesus.

>“Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them.”—Matt. 28:19.

>(Acts 14:21) And after declaring the good news to that city and making quite a few disciples, they returned to Lystra and to I·coni·um and to Antioch,

>(Acts 1:8) but YOU will receive power when the holy spirit arrives upon YOU, and YOU will be witnesses of me both in Jerusalem and in all Ju·dea and Sa·mari·a and to the most distant part of the earth.”

>(Acts 20:20) while I did not hold back from telling YOU any of the things that were profitable nor from teaching YOU publicly and from house to house.

>(Acts 5:42) And every day in the temple and from house to house they continued without letup teaching and declaring the good news about the Christ, Jesus.

Attached: MemorialInvitation2019 - Copy.jpg (1332x2016, 749K)

Shill? Nice try, subhuman. I'm a NEET trying to get you jews gassed.

Christ DOES have all authority, he just hasn't claimed it yet. Hence why Lucifer is still in possession of earthly authority

>Islamic morality?

False religion

>Old Testament morality,

No longer the Mosaic Law but the Covenant of Christ. The Mosaic Law was done away with by Christ death. The commandments of right and wrong were transferred to the Covenant of Christ. Just enforced differently.

>which involves genociding people for disbelieving in your god?

You mean punishment for sacrificing children to Molech, Ashra poles, Remphan, and the Baals?

Attached: 9971a15dc2119578043ad3f0f1c891c6--jehovah-witness-jehovah-s-witnesses.jpg (720x960, 126K)

>But I can't shake this feeling that it's not enough for me to simply accept Jesus.
Consider this: if you only accept Jesus but do nothing else, have you really accepted him? The fruits of the holy spirit are peace, calmness, kindness or something to that extent.

Jewish behavior proves the divinity of Christ

If you believe on the Lord Jesus Christ then you are saved. The fact you seek to do more for the Kingdom, is a good sign.

>Consider this: if you only accept Jesus but do nothing else, have you really accepted him?

No, you haven't. He and his father have requirements. If you don't FULFILL those requirements then you haven't accepted him at all. Same with these two Biblical characters . Both accepted Jesus but refused to PUT IN THE WORK necessary to follow him. One had to give up his material posessions, the other his social status.

>I feel as if I am not doing enough for Christ
You feel guilty dont you? just as they intended. Youve been hypnotized, you will never get rid of the feeling until you get rid of the book and church where they perform the hypnosis. You are the sacrifice, not some ancient magician, you are being diverted away from the real god that resides in your own soul. You dont need any book to communicate or understand it. But you probably wont listen to it ever again, that spirit inside you, because youve been fooled into treating it as something objective, something that must forgive you instead of you forgiving yourself.