Cursive

Why did we stop writing in cursive?
It looks a lot better than the meme handwriting that we have right now. I think that it's also part of the modernist nonsense movement that also got rid of aesthetic architecture, meaningful art, and thoughtful literature. It's part of the anti-beauty and anti-european movement.

Attached: 1_P2k4ht5h-ltXA8VbHL8Kgw.jpg (1600x1066, 357K)

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/news/science/intelligent-people-tend-to-be-messy-stay-awake-longer-and-swear-more-a7174256.html
telegraph.co.uk/travel/761307
fontmeme.com/cursive-fonts/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>we

WHAIT ONE DAMN SECOND!!!
Isn't cursive just for English, or maybe just Latin based handwriting?

Attached: retard.jpg (773x935, 47K)

Mainly bc teachers are very often women and not very smart people. They are easily convinced of all kinds of idiotic experiments that lead them to change book, methods and content of teaching every year.

we still learn it in school

No, Russians also have cursive script.

Attached: 297388fca288.jpg (502x674, 90K)

In America they stopped teaching it about 12 years ago. I'm 31 so I still learned.

I started learning in 2nd grade, but I noticed it being used less and less as I came closer to middle school. I still write in it today redgardless of the fact that people barely use it anymore. It's beautiful and expressive in many ways when properly executed.

Back in Ye Olde Tymes we had to use cursive from second grade all the way out through college. In all Latin-alphabet languages. I've always had shitty handwriting so I suffered mightily for it. I don't know it the joke's on them or me in this day of word processors and smartphones.
This is true but I'm not sure it's the reason. The official reason seems to be that nobody hand-writes anything longer than a shopping list anymore, so why waste time on an obsolete skill when you could be teaching Gender Diversity Studies.

Attached: french_letter_michel.jpg (720x480, 71K)

I may be totally wrong but I always assumed cursive grew out of using pens that you dipped in ink, and so to prevent drips of ink they just tried to write without lifting the pen as much as possible

dont americans learn cursive? Here you learn cursive from 1st grade and you never stop using it. Cursive is used for everything expect for digital writing

Do Serbs and Bulgarians write in cursive?

I still write in cursive. I fill out condition reports and I write in the most God awful cursive just to make everyone, who actually have to read my reports, question their existence.
>I work with a bunch of niggers

Attached: 1529247189536.png (1000x1413, 421K)

They've gone back to teaching it.

It's because no one writes long form anything by hand anymore.

Two things:

1. I havent stopped writing cursive.

2. There is literally nothing stopping you from doing it.

I still write in cursive, who doesn't is more like it.

It's unnecessary/waste of limited brain space/looks stupid and difficult to read.

"Hurr durr when did we stop using Bronze? Shit was so much more beautiful than blister steel. Anti-white movement!!!!1!1!"

Daily reminder that cursive is the White Man's script.
The men of Black disposition cannot read cursive; it's too 'big-brain' for them.

>limited brain space

Kikenigger.

Yes, we do. Serbs use both Cyrillic and Latin, and both in regular and cursive. Get on our level, simpletons.

Global boker face.

/ourhandwriting/

Attached: 1491315139628.png (1106x699, 425K)

>why are you writing cursive?
>i can't read cursive
>why do you need to learn that?

Cursive was required due to the nature of pens in the past. When the technology changes, so do the uses of that technology.

I stopped learning cursive in 6th grade (2002). By then everyone knew it but no teachers mandated its use anymore.

What the fuck is cursive? Just joining up writing? Every single person in the UK does this

cursive also makes it so you remember what you are writing down better because you are thinking about how the whole word when you write it instead of individual letters. I take all my notes in cursive and rarely have to look back at them to remember what i wrote down.

Actually, cursive is a brown man's script.

It's Semitic languages that use that gay ass curvy style. They also have the smallest brains outside Africa.

White man's script would be Viking runes which are similar to print handwriting. Big brained (European and East Asian) people don't use curvy languages.

Because cursive is gay and really slow. It's a lot faster to write down with a mix of both cursive and pint, joining the letters that can easily be joined, and leaving those that are incompatible in print.

Most people today, especially in STEM don't have the time to write in cursive, we got better shit to do. Only brainlets who got nothing better to do write in cursive.

I love when I write something down and brainlets can't read it I imagine it's how Di Vinci felt

Cursive is based and redpilled

Attached: Niggers can't read cursive.png (538x375, 18K)

I was seriously thinking the same thing a week ago. There used to be beauty in every part of life. Now Jews took beauty out of everything. Handwriting should be beautiful. It's very easy to do. Just make your handwriting nicer.

Every act of beauty is a revolt against the modern world.

I learned how to and can but don't really use it because I'm left handed and it causes my hand to cramp up after a while.

I love cursive, and have tought it to children as a mechanism to cure sloppy penmanship. Kids today are impressed when you can crank out something with the aesthetic of an holy scroll with just a pen and lined paper.

They become even more enthusiastic when you break out a fountain pen and have friendly competitions for quality.

Don't underestimate the youth's ability to appreciate classical beauty because the live in a digital world... they only need proper stewardship.

lol here it is forced to use cursive. You literally cant use normal when writing some school shit.

Keep telling yourself that, faggot. I'm sure you think wearing pantyhose and a coifed wig is a revolt against modernity and Da Jewz, too.

I’m 39, I learned cursive and still use it. I leave notes in cursive at work for all the zoomers and millennials just to remind them they’re fucking retards that can’t read without their smartphone.

>t. Chang that wasn't taught cursive in his ESL classes
All of my lab notes are in cursive, get fucked.

but i can

This might have been part of it, but before type writers and computers it was faster to write in cursive by hand than in standard print.

I write with a mix of cursive and print. We were taught it in the 2nd grade. I thought everyone could do it?

Because computers exist, the end.

I recently stole a bunch of fountain pens in a burglary but can't seem to find anyone who's willing to buy them.

I write cursive though. We all learned cursive before the meme handwriting most of the people I know use nowadays.

>chang
no faggot, I learned recursive in elemntary school, if you actually attended highschool or a higher level of education, you'd realize quickly that you can barely write fast enough to note what the teacher says, and if you were to write recursively, you'd never be able to keep up.

Ever wonder why engineers, doctors and other scientists have really bad hand writing? It's because they gotta write a lot, and don't have a lot of time to do it. They can't be assed to write in recursive every patient note. If you can writ eyour lab notes in recursive, then it's probably because you got fuck all to do. I remember taking chemistry classes, 50% of the time was wasted waiting for something to cool or heat up, or a reaction to happen, duh your lab notes are written recursively

You should teach your children cursive at home if they don’t learn at school. It’s a big heads up in the world.

You should have lifted a Meisterstuck instead of a carton of pilots... you would have bidding on Ebay.

>we
The only times I have seen someone writing in block letters is to clarify the spelling of words and for passwords, codes etc.
You can open a random notebook of an italian student in high school or in university and you will see that 95% of times the notes will be written in cursive.
It changes from person to person and rarely people have that slick handrwring from the 40s but nonetheless it's still the most common way to write in Italy

Intelligent people tend to be messier in general, as well. Another difficult pill for OP to swallow.

independent.co.uk/news/science/intelligent-people-tend-to-be-messy-stay-awake-longer-and-swear-more-a7174256.html

Here we never stopped writing in corsivo. Maybe that's just one of your gov programs to make niggers feel more comfortable because they can't read it, idk lul

The only reason you think you can write print faster than cursive is because you do not have the muscle memory for it. You're retarded if you thinking belting out notes in cursive is like doing calligraphy.

>intelligent people swear more
Opinion discarded.

Every person carries a smartphone with a audio recording application... there is little need for manual transcribing of notes using penmanship.

The only reason to use cursive is to deny the enemy the joy of eliminating one more beautiful thing that our ancestors held most dear.

Why hunt game with firearms when there are supermarkets? Because fuck them... it's our world, that's why.

The pens I took are labeled "Visconti", found them in a mansion in The Woodlands, TX. I will probably end up chucking them in a swamp.

It's not that we're not able to write recursively or with a good handwriting, it's just that we can't be assed to do it.

I remember during my university years, my assignments and lab reports looked like it was written by a stroke victim. Whenever I was at home, I'd write notes really nice and clear, but whenever it was assignments or lab reports, especially when done at school, i'd have a terrible handwriting. It's wasn't about knowing or not knowing how to write a sentence, it was about the time I was given, which wasn't much. So using a fucking ruler to make nice straight lines for tables, colour coding shit or writing intelligibly was all the way at the bottom of my list. The only thing that mattered was getting the right answer and handing all the crap they made us do on time.

not only cursive is slow as fuck to write, it ruins the legibility of any text you write with.

>Why did we stop writing in cursive?
Jews.

>Every person carries a smartphone with a audio recording application... there is little need for manual transcribing of notes using penmanship.
Oh really? Tell me where those smartphones were in 2010. You really think everyone rocked an iphone back then? Most people still had flip phones in 2010. Also the audio recording is useless. Writing shit down is a lot easier to study off of than listening to a recording. You gotta play the whole audio recording over and over to find a specific part you're looking for unless you rewrite the whole thing at home, which is yet again another waste of time.

Understanding the message is the important thing.
>meme handwriting
The only way I can think to describe it is to reference how all air traffic controllers use English.
telegraph.co.uk/travel/761307
>English-to-become-compulsory-for-pilots.html
Pilots and air traffic controllers must now be able to speak English, new safety guidelines have stated. David Millward reports.
The basic TL:DR; Its just easier and the important thing about writing is conveying a message.

Attached: 7U6H6o1R_o.jpg (720x960, 101K)

You obviously haven't had a teacher that talked faster than you could write, if that was the case, you wouldn't be saying this horseshit.

Cursive is faster than print, but noot faster than a mix of print and cursive, which is what most people do. You want to minimize the mount of time you lift your pen, but also minimize the amount of time you go over the same part you wrote on. You only join some letters in specific combinations, while leaving others in print. For instance, if you were to write the following words you'll write them as:

Rook: r-o-ok
Sock: s-o-ck
Plane: Pl-a-ne

and so on.

Attached: MJ's Mustache.png (1378x118, 16K)

Bulgarians start with cursive from first grade.

>I wonder why we aren't aloud to write in cursive(?) on(in?) this place?
Your hand writing is shit. Also it's not aloud, but allowed.

Why are you mad

pl-ane*

Too much coffee. Its computer generated though, I picked the hardest to read on purpose.
fontmeme.com/cursive-fonts/

Because its fucking impossible to understand anything

what was the original text? Did you type on or in?

Yes when operating as PIC, correct radio procedure, phraseology and brevity are essential. Logbooks and squawks should also be printed... but when writing letters to family, friends, associates and superiors... excellent penmanship screams class and confidence.

Teaching 3 graders to touch type is a much better use of school time. Some schools are teaching students only to read cursive.

I still write in cursive

>born in 88
I learned to write cursive as did everyone in my generation. The problem with cursive is that alot of people cant read your shit, or it takes you a few seconds longe to read. By the time I was around 14, we started having printers, so they told us to hand in printed essays.

(I wonder why we aren't aloud to write in cursive on this place?}

I was searching for anything that would give me an easy copypaste to put curive in here, but I couldn't find anything. Tried another one once that you could copy and paste to a browser, but when I tried it on here it was jibberish. The 'a's turned to alphas, and other letters to stuff like %$#@#%#$.

Mein Neger.
Baujahr?

Like I said, it's because you DO NOT have the muscle memory for it. You seem to be under the assumption that writing notes in cursive means making every single letter look like its distinct individual form. My notes from taking ochem look like a goddamn seismograph with figures mixed in, not a neat ye olde time novel.

Didnt know they still taught cursive that late. Im 88 and I imagined they stopped around 2006.

I agree its far more practical however, classical refinement such as cursive is available to everyone but adopted by few.

Why not embrace the aesthetic? I'm certain that a Wehrmacht officer, who came from an aristocratic line used cursive and the fountain pen, whereas a Soviet officer used a pencil or greased pen to scratch out cyrillic.

testing

s.4cdn.org/image/skeletons/3.gif

I had to write cursive in kindergarden and in elementary school
When i went to gymnasium, there were no "writing" lessons of course, everyone could write, so i just stayed with cursive, because its way faster
Also i mainly used in for my own use, taking notes etc, so cursive was the way to go

I see. I think I started cursive in Volkschule, cant remember if it was maybe if Kindergarten.

probably hold on to them for a year or two, then off load them in a marketplace in hongkong, flights are cheap and visconti pen are not

Attached: 7tt33fhuyg.jpg (1382x496, 48K)

>hurr durr you don't have the muscle memory
listen nigger, in elementary school, we were forced to write in recursive. I kept writing in recursive, until i reached highschool. When I was at highschool, we had to write stuff a lot faster, and my handwriting changed accordingly, to be able to write as fast as possible. Guess what, joining every letters together, such as t's and a's is a lot longer than seperating them. since you have to go up and then retrance back down when writing the a after the t. This is a fucking fact, and you can bitch and moan about how i'm not used to recursive, but i definitely am, used to write it because it was forced on us, but ended up writing in a different manner because it was just faster.

>notes from taking ochem look like a goddamn seismograph
which is why cursive is shit. I can write significantly faster and clearer (even though still shit) by using a mix of cursive and print, with letters still looking like letters. If I was just gonna write every letter as a recursive "u", then fucking duh it's faster, because its shit. If imma ommit writting the top of "a", it's gonna make it like a "u". I don't have to write like a seismograph to write fast using my method.

>switching between cursive and non-cursive
Truly patrician
Y, G, Z, S, I, L, A, B, H, all in cursive. Rest is standard.

testing

Attached: 3.gif (194x224, 41K)

It was extremely difficult to teach it to black people. They tend to ruin pretty much everything.

Attached: 1523913883766m.jpg (1024x645, 139K)

>hurr durr you never had to write fast like me!
You mentally deficient nigger, you do not have the muscle memory for it. Writing in cursive to take notes is different than writing easily legible cursive, get that through your thick skull. Case in point:
>Guess what, joining every letters together, such as t's and a's is a lot longer than seperating them. since you have to go up and then retrance back down when writing the a after the t.
Notes are for YOU to read later, not to display as a work of art. Take your "I'm smerter den u" attitude back to plebbit, nigger.

>8
homogenation i think is how its spelled

theyre trying to get everybody dumbed down to the thinking level of RETARDS

Attached: homo_later.jpg (332x336, 10K)

you are 100 percent nigger then? timestamp with your nigger hand

Attached: niggestest.jpg (640x257, 31K)

Here's doctor writing in cursive, today. Never stoped, and never will.

Attached: pol cursiva.jpg (939x325, 132K)

Its true

Attached: 1553281511021.gif (460x460, 967K)

>The (((Answer))):
The world is changing and typing is more important than cursive.
>The real answer:
Most important old documents are written in cursive script. If you can't read cursive, you're forced to go by what someone else tells you it says. Also niggers can't read or write cursive, so it's another case of dumbing down education so they don't feel bad.

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (620x537, 158K)

>You mentally deficient nigger, you do not have the muscle memory for it. Writing in cursive to take notes is different than writing easily legible cursive, get that through your thick skull. Case in point:
Yet I can write just as fast and legibly using my method. pic related is not writing, it's fucking around making it look like you're listening to the teacher or doing work, but doing absolutely nothing. Like you said, the whole point of writing is to be able to read it later, i'd rather be able to read shit than spend 5 minutes guessing what the fuck i tried to write 3 months ago because it all looks like waves.

>Take your "I'm smerter den u" attitude back to plebbit, nigger
I never claimed i'm smarter you lil bitch, I claimed recursive is slower than a mix of print and recursive. If I wanted to write like shit, with every letters looking the same, i could do it in print as well, all i have to fucking do is turn eveyr letter as a check mark or a line, boom i'm now faster than u are.

Attached: DdSNkI3.jpg (648x350, 92K)

anything that is individuallistic they will gang up and attempt to attack you on and claim it says something else instead. other than what is clearly there, and won't care because whitey the only non-retard beez rayciss.
k stop having this fuckign topic. do what it takes to stop this.

Because we by and large stopped writing, and therefore did not need a way of writing quickly nor a need to practice penmanship.

>guessing what i wrote later (((waves)))
ive never... had this problem. its probably cuase your a NIGGER and can't write in cursive and thats teh problem

come on man no one is ever going to respect us again if you keep this shit up

Attached: 1549734816609.jpg (900x1440, 420K)

Because it's fucking stupid

OH SHIT!!!!
DID MY NIGGA HORTLER WRITE IN CURSIVE !!!?????????
probably. I write in cursive and i study calligraphy as aman of intelligence.
I also read books, weight lift but (home gym under the tree and flex in the sun ) rarely goto the public gym, clean my house and yard, hike, hunt, practice with my rifles and hand funs a few times a year (im good), dont drink or drug and help but don't enable my family.
Get pussy too but am not obsessed about it.