Why hasn't the decline of religion lead to mass suicide?

Why hasn't the decline of religion lead to mass suicide?

I stopped being a Christian only 2 years ago but I've rapidly descended into complete blackpilled nihilism. I have a decent life but am almost at the point of considering suicide due to extreme apathy.
Without belief in a God there is absolutely no purpose or intrinsic value to anything.

So why aren't normie atheists killing themselves en masse? Anyone who sits down to think for a few minutes will realise the complete worthlessness of life and should logically become completely indifferent to the decision between life and death.

So why doesn't this happen? Are most people secretly agnostic? Are people just too caught up in degeneracy that money and pleasure become their gods?

Attached: 20190203_121600.jpg (1065x1198, 597K)

Other urls found in this thread:

livescience.com/62781-why-are-suicide-rates-rising.html
youtube.com/watch?v=v9ohrBhhN4k
icaact.org
pactsntl.org
zersetzung.org
surveillancesurvivors.org
twitter.com/AnonBabble

why would i kill myself as an atheist? this is literally my one shot at existence and i should try to make the most of it. the religious are the ones who should be killing themselves en masse as they believe in an eternal afterlife and only consider this life to be a temporary prelude to it.

Every day the pain comes back again The grief that tightens it's grip, day by day Loneliness it haunts me, makes me cry Feels like the world has abandoned me I'm weak, I'm nothing, just a shadow of my life My heart is dead and still I dream of you Don't you understand you're the reason for my pain I hear you calling me to come There's no-on I can see Just the nights cold breeze Oh god I'm so alone, so alone I fear the darkness that makes me blind There's nothing I can feel These tears are nothing without you I'm nothing without you Can you see my heart, broken like my life Nothing to hold on, nothing to live for This pain is too much for me to take Holding on to you was like holding on to nothing My trust for you tore me apart I gave all for you from my heart I fear the darkness that makes me blind There's nothing I can feel These tears are nothing without you I'm nothing without you Can you see my heart, broken like my life Nothing to hold on, nothing to live for This pain is too much for me to take Holding on to you was like holding on to nothing.

Attached: sad cat fag.png (526x526, 107K)

>Anyone who sits down to think for a few minutes
There's your answer. A vast majority of people don't think at all.

Because before we die we wanna know who it is in OPs image

>one shot at existence and i should try to make the most of it
Why?
Why does "making this most of it" have any intrinsic value?
Why does existence have any intrinsic value?

Whore #30049371771

Give me your thoughts and I'll tell you her insta

Well you see, funny thing but, religions teach that if we commit suicide then we go to hell. So, we are stuck here on earth with you to annoy you until we die either naturally or are murdered.

>Identify as christcuck
>Throw away identity
>Why am I depressed?

It's like men who commit suicide after a divorce because they identified as father's their entire lives but one day it was taken away from them.

Also, your entire belief structure collapsed, your mind needs to build a new one.

Well that explains why some atheist end up still acting like a religion. Its because of their mindset of wanting to belong to something thanks for answering that question

>Life is worthless
True.
>So why not kill yourself?
Because I still have a ton of pussy to slay and lots of video games to play.

Have you ever died op? It's pretty boring, a void of nothingness going on forever. Life is a lot more interesting. But go ahead and turn off the lights.

It did. Suicide rates are way up.

>life is meaningless without a supernatural authority figure
Theists were a mistake

Attached: 2C105CFD-F693-4FF3-A03D-47D8154EF941.jpg (203x248, 12K)

We havent lost religion. Liberalism is just the new one.

Because we can at least do some cool shit before we go. Even if the cool shit leads to our death.

Attached: getaloadnigger.jpg (360x394, 135K)

oh no nonoononono
livescience.com/62781-why-are-suicide-rates-rising.html

> Are most people secretly agnostic? Are people just too caught up in degeneracy that money and pleasure become their gods?

Bit of both. Most people are NPCs though and dont think that deep. Nihilism is their default anyway and not having to get pushed some metaphysical shit on them just gives them freedom to indulge their basic instincts without question.

>I stopped being a Christian only 2 years ago
No you didn't. If you're not a shill, then you'll post one single image you got from here. If you are, then you won't, because you don't have any.

Because the entire western civilization is committing a collective suicide

fake tits are fucking psychotic

Protestants don't believe God is too weak to forgive you for murdering yourself, after you die.

Shut the fuck up, I’m working on it!

omg go away little babby

religion fulfills people - we are smart creatures and we created religions to worship the lord for this reason. christianity teaches people to be better and gives them a goal to aspire to, which is getting to heaven. without this, people are lost. paul jewseph watson explained it well
youtube.com/watch?v=v9ohrBhhN4k

Degenerate

Can you schizos please fuck off

Attached: 1511125590956.jpg (1582x1627, 1.02M)

I felt the same way once I realized organized religions were based on a meaningless authority. But recognize that the unfounded theory of God has given you a false set of expectations. People lived in paradise thousands of years ago without the idea of God.

Attached: man eating lamprey.jpg (640x427, 18K)

>this is literally my one shot at existence
What, we don't get retries in this timeline?

>Without belief in a God there is absolutely no purpose or intrinsic value to anything.
>Anyone who sits down to think for a few minutes will realise the complete worthlessness of life and should logically become completely indifferent to the decision between life and death.
Maybe you did because you're a mentally-ill faggot, but most people don't give a shit
There are plenty of other things to do with your life

>So why aren't normie atheists killing themselves en masse?
I'm asking myself the same question. I thought atheists, such as yourself know.

Satan's ultimate goal is to be god. If not that, the next best thing is to corrupt, mock, pervert, and destroy that which God made. This is the modus operendi of the adversary.
He corrupts the word of God, the institutions that God has established and, most of all, God's most beloved creation: man.
The corruption of man is separation from God. This is achieved by using the right bait for the right fish, so to speak. The varieties of bait are the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eye, and the pride of life.
Flesh:
>sexual lust, gluttony, wantonness, consumptive lifestyle etc.
Eye:
>covet or desire that which you should not, i.e. adultery, theft, all stemming from greed.
Pride of life:
>egotism, vanity, etc.

Using these methods, people are trapped in a state of isolation from God, separated by a gilded cage of self-indulgence. It is for this reason they do not comprehend their suffering as they attempt to suppress it by further indulging in carnal desires, wanting even more what they do not have, or professing to be wise or strong or great.

However, these carnal indulgences feed the flesh, they starve the spirit. This leads to the answer to your question.
Most people are not very spiritually sensitive, and they will live their entire lives sustaining their flesh and less aware of the hole in their soul. But there are others that are very spiritually aware, and it is these people that suffer the most as they realize the things of this world never fill the hole in their soul that longs for a connection with God. They are then forced to choose between apathy, whose terminus is suicide, or a breakdown turn back to God.
Whereas with the less spiritually aware people are easily kept where Satan wants them (away from God) with simple things of this world, the spiritually aware individual that sees through such things must be kept in a constant state of confusion and demoralization by lying and deception. Lies such as "you're too far gone to turn back to God".

Calling me a schizo for merely not believing you doesn't help your credibility.

Stop being a edgy cunt OP. Think for yourself. Now that you are freed from that bearded nigga up aboves meaning of what life should be you can make your own. So get your ass out of your ass and start loking for it. Or just randomly decide, do whatever you want!

most people wont' do anything meaningful in the world. You probably included. So it's just a life of pleasure for the sake of pleasure. Pretty pointless, if you asked me. I guess you could live through your kids, but fumingly enough, atheists have the lowest number of kids out of any group.
I'm not gonna lie - I don't get it.

funnily*

I've an acquaintance who devotedly attended an athiest "church," specifically designed to be an emotionally fulfilling gathering of people who share a value system, and organize activities and volunteering based on that social circle.

Secular humanist society, or some shit.

lmao, talk about false premise

you could consider drug abuse, tuning out with media, dopamine addictions expressions of the "god shaped hole in your soul," if people had to stop and listen to their deepest thoughts hey would either find religion or neck themselves.

But your life needs to be shaken up to realize you lack foundation.

suicide is up 300% since 1950 so idk what you're talking about

>muh depression
>muh loneliness
Why are all suicide articles just based around bluepilled normie tier "still in game" reasons?
No one every seems to talk about suicide due to complete apathy.
I imagine the average suicide hotline call just involves normie shit like "your problems are all fixable my dude!", "your family loves you my bro!".
What would happen if you called up and said that your life is perfectly fine but you want to die because there's no innate value to anything? How are they supposed to convince you otherwise?

Attached: suicide.jpg (960x720, 126K)

it has, look at the stats

>muh existential dread
It's a phases you'll get over

I'm a 28yo virgin with no friends. I could do anything at anytime. Nothing to lose at this point.

>no innate value
I would ask what their standards for essentialist notions of values were and point out that they may just be rationalizing feelings of sadness, boredom or loneliness.

It happens only to complete retards who need jewish bullshit into their lives. Also, jews gangstalk people:

icaact.org
pactsntl.org
zersetzung.org
surveillancesurvivors.org

>female and male suicide rates use to be pretty similar
>woman become more "equal" and the US gets more gay and liberal.
>men want to blow their brains out while women's suicide rate slowly decreases
How can any faggot be a feminist after seeing numbers like these?

>Why hasn't the decline of religion lead to mass suicide?
What is drug use? What is the gay lifestyle? What is 1600% increase in transvestites? What is Jow Forums? What is

You hear that user? It's the phone.

It's Brenton.

He's calling, user... go pick it up

Attached: brentonsmilefull.jpg (1019x763, 168K)

people have Always lived like atheists ( the ones with some brain power of course ) we're simply cutting the middle man and living life with less lies

real question

why arent more poeple killing the members of your shitty life ruining cult?

Attached: 1424177236148.jpg (580x348, 79K)

btwi i made christmas sex and rome...

oh wait those examples of things i completely fucking ruined but claimed to have created

t. chrsitian

Life is a nightmare because of the social environment, not the physical one these days.

Being born in modern times gives you a better life than 99% of humans in history, so less defense against crushing physical reality is needed.

Atheism is the most profound lie imaginable, a spirit so lost in a dream it tells itself it doesnt exist.

based

Absolutly correct. The God of the so called atheists is pleasure and fun. It may be the filthiest of them but still he is more real then the christian delusion of a jew who oposes the jew.

After I found that pleasure is not the way of life after my visit to the beautifull city of St.Petersburg. I humbled down a little and rejected the commie kike propaganda that
I was fed in school. So there was about a 2 months phase were I was legit atheistic. At the same time I got a better understanding of nationalism and grew into some sort of "sceptical pagan", after an incident and 3 years of thinking I became a theist pagan.

Well I cannot expect that you to become as spiritual as I am, although its great. But you absolutly can stop being a nihilist and worship your ancestors and blood.
The best way to turn this into an acctual mythological base, is consuming propaganda and fanaticly rejecting oposition.
This ofcourse means that you have to be sure of that in the first place. And its necassary, nihilism cannot be a lasting state of mind. You either keep yourself alive with abstract philosophy, that will lead to insanity or you accept a mythos in your life.

Attached: 1553888147006.gif (532x461, 2.46M)

because i didnt find solace in it?

-too live is to suffer to find meaning in that suffering is surviving

i just didn't find it in religion

Islam is on the rise
My prediction is that the next face of Islam won't be brown people but brown, blacks and a lot of white people
Remember my words

the sense of this being…?

why are you talking about cool shit, like you believe it then? God keeps waiting for you anyway, user.

Once you've realized that nihilism implies everything is objectively meaningless, "making your own" is insufficient and brainlet-tier.
maximum autism
1. If there is anything logical God can't do, then He is weak.
2. God is not weak.
3. Therefore, God can do anything logical. (mt)
4. The only reason to believe God forgiving you irrelevant to your death is illogical, is if He is constrained by time and He can't forgive you ahead of time.
5. God is not constrained by time or He can forgive you ahead of time. (pick one. either way is sufficient)
6. Therefore, forgiving you irrelevant to your death is logical. (mt)
7. Therefore, God can forgive you irrelevant to your death. (mp from 3)
Do you even know what a premise is?
Someone claiming they're no longer a Christian is more likely a shill than not, and I didn't think he would go through the effort of finding a pic.

maximum arrogance
you're assuming God has to do something that you deem correct, while being a mere human. It's not a matter of power or weakness

bitch please

>how can anybody be a femenist?
the first femenist was a trmendous beta and cuck
the second wave, have been single women(most likely as a result of (((democracy))) which split the family unit.)
the 3rd generation of femenists was no different from the 2nd,its just that it became more popular
The modern femenists are simply parroting their gender studies prof.

>Why hasn't the decline of religion lead to mass suicide?
well it does, doesn't it
you can basically watch the west dying
doesn't get any more suicidal

Attached: 1551698247583.png (220x220, 40K)

ah yes, because is absolutely founded in truth, and not on a space faery that is somehow all knowing all powerful and all loving yet doesn't solve our shit. We all ive like god isn't here because he has never existed

>Someone claiming they're no longer a Christian is more likely a shill than not,
fucking lol at this pseudobayesian faggotry

"Are people just too caught up in degeneracy that money and pleasure become their gods?"

Stop right there ! Why do you call it degeneracy? Think about it, why is seeking pleasure is degeneracy ? It's natural. It is written in our dna.

And why should the people kill themselves without a belief in god?
Did the old persians, the chinese, the aborigines, need a god to live? No. They also seeked and engaged in pleasure accordingly to their capabilities.

It is proven that stone age people took hallucinogens, were they also "degenerate" ?
Do you notice how dumb this word "degenerate" is used ?

I'm not a Christian but my soul is as obvious to me as yours is to you in those lucid moments of reflection where you're terrified of death or overcome with sublime experience to the point of provoking transcendental awareness.

I'm not assuming God has to do anything according to what I deem. You are assuming what God cannot do. I'm merely attempting to show you you're wrong.
>pseudobayesian
I dare you to define this and explain how it applies. Is it pseudobayesian that it's more likely than not that you can't?

Because God isn't supposed to be real

He's an ideal to strive for, and you believe in nothing. I have, and most adults that believe in God have been in your exact spot before too believe me. I believe in God because it gives me a sense of purpose and duty, a higher aspiration, a reason to keep up the fight, my God is Racist and hates Gays and his Son on earth was Hitler and I'm here to help.

Man the fuck up, nihilism is part of personal development, you have to believe in nothing before you can truly understand what it means to believe in something.

Also let it be said that similarly, you won't know what it means to be alive until you find something worth dying for, start with ideals and then a your wife and kids.

Life is a sprint in and out of dark and light, everyone is more likely to trip in the dark and it makes them cherish the light, the visibility, the clarity, the understanding more than they did before.

You're gonna make it user. Welcome to adulthood.

Attached: 1554420564238.jpg (758x1062, 126K)

it's pseudobayesian because you dont have the data set to properly apply the bayesian form of reasoning that you appeal to

Fuck, forgot to sage. There should be an option to keep it in the field for the entirety of the thread.

>imagine being this bluepilled
you can pick one of the rediciolous things you have said and I will elaborate on why you are wrong.

This is a Jesuit shill post. I was a hardcore Christian for several years and I was extremely unhappy/depressed for much of that time. After leaving Christianity I am literally always happy and optimistic about the future.

fugggg senpai, think that got blacked?

I don't understand what you mean.

Probably not but cucks will keep posting that anyway

And what is bayesian about it? You still haven't defined pseudobayesian. Are all claims of likelihood bayesian claims?

Because degeneracy is always self destructive.
It doesn't matter in your belief system, degeneracy is logically a bad choice no matter how you look at it.
Pursuit of instant gratification and physical pleasure is never going to end up better for you than putting in immediate work and sacrifice for long term happiness.

there is no scientific proof of a soul existing, those who claim a soul exists have the burden of proof and they haven't found a science based argument for the soul for the entirety of human history.

Lucid dreams don't proof shit, it's just the subconscious sperging out

*don't prove

Because most people have the consciousness of a dog, and can only think of the present moment, indifferent of the future and their mortal lives.

Attached: 30683746378.jpg (2048x1366, 526K)

define "soul" in your words.

I mean that you have to lift your head and look in the skies, the gate to Valhalla is standing wide open, you just have to reach it.

You should be asking these questions on reddit if you cant swim in the deep end, however I suspect you know exactly what it means and are being disingenuous, so this is over unless you get substantive.

>there is no scientific proof of a soul existing
Fucking duh dude, science is the means of gaining understanding of the world, the soul is not postulated as part of that domain

To whom would I be defining it?

Is it pseudobayesian to infer from your refusal to define this word that it's more likely than not that you merely substituted "likelihood" with "pseudobayesian" because you think using funky-sounding words gives your claims an air of authority?

Nice image, saved.
Can you explain what
>the highest values devalue themselves
means though please?

kek, if you can't bring any proof of spirituality making sense you might as well discuss lore on /tg/
>just believe it, it exists outside reality

You're making logical mistake yourself. You're assuming that God has to forgive specific deed because of some idea of that deed that you have (idealizing suicide? I don't know). How do you know, what suicide really means to God? You can't know that. Therefore assuming that he has to forgive it is incorrect. The deed is a rejection of gift of life, which basically means, such a person doesn't want to exist. Why would such a person be saved?

Anyway, you can't know one way or another. In Catholicism suicide doesn't necessarily mean hell either. Depends on what suicide motives were. If he did that out of spite for God, that equals condemnation. If he was mentally ill, it doesn't.

you said you live because you can do cool shit in life and then you said you're 28 year old virgin with no friends. Therefore I assumed you're not doing cool things. Correct me, if I'm wrong.

> hey user im atheist
> belief in God gives meaning to life, fixes mental conditions and makes humans able to operate under all circumstances

So stop being atheist.

You clearly have never spent one second of your life wondering about what it is that experiences your inner and outer sensation or asking metaphysical questions about the possibility of the world. That's fine. Few have the IQ to deal with these abstract concepts, and fewer the inclination

why do you think there being a god gives your life intrinsic value?

Another crossnigger shill thread.
Fuck off.
JIDF isn't welcome here, neither are you.

>ad hominem

just because you worry about meaningless bullshit, it doesn't mean that everyone spergs out about it

>sits down to think for a few minutes
Well see there's your problem normies don't think they're consciousness beasts letting immediate short term pleasure and gratification dictate their every move without any fore thought to any consequences moral physical or spiritual for their behaviour. Normies don't eat to live they live to eat that muh dick feels good chemical is their entire life nothing more and nothing less