How does a 22 year old making $14/hr full time afford his own living space...

How does a 22 year old making $14/hr full time afford his own living space. All the studios around me start at like 700-800 at the lowest and I’d be living paycheck to paycheck on top of my other expenses. Is it normal to just be dirt broke or should I keep living with my roommates?

I really want to get a place of my own so I can make my own rules. Any help is appreciated. And no this is not the boomer hate thread this is the zoomer help thread.

Attached: 38B6D00E-7473-4CBA-A566-462AA93ACEE8.png (499x513, 283K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cox.com/residential/pricing.html
techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/verizon-wireless-plans-1321179
twitter.com/AnonBabble

rent a bedroom in a house with other renters. christ man I was making that much and could afford to live in LA and save money.

You just got out of college, you'll have to suck it up till' 25

>christ man I was making that much and could afford to live in LA and save money.
Bullshit. The only way you could afford to still save is being on welfare, no phone bill, and no car. MAYBE.

Attached: 4478B6FF-D7F8-4E51-A458-36784CFBFC8D.jpg (1024x1001, 81K)

No I didn’t. I didn’t go to school. There has to be a way for people like me to be able to afford a living space.

$14/hr is around $2,240 per month assuming you're working 40 hours a week. That should be enough for a place, what are these other expenses?

Yeah agreed.
Either you lived in LA at least 10 years ago (more like 20 years), or you had a ton of help -- or you lived in a room thus not on your own like OP fucking asked.

But this user is right OP. Even if you do some basic tax math of 30% on 2240 - 700 you'll be left with $868/mo - thats a shit load, I wish I could have that much money every goddamn month.

I’ve got a phone bill 110 and loan 85 to make payments on and if I move I’m probably gonna need to get a car and pay for car insurance which might not be that bad if I can get one of the bare minimum coverages for like 15 a month. And you also need to consider taxes that have to come out of that check so that would bouldnit down to about 1900 a month. And I’ll need to get WiFi for ~120. So if I get a place that’s say, 1000 a month, just to highball it minus these expenses I’ll be sitting at 585 of disposable monthly income, and probably 200 after food and miscellaneous items.

but that still feels like I’m just scraping by and should be doing better. But is that normal?

How do you manage to spend 250$ on phone + WiFi? That's a shitload of money. I spend 30€/month for both. If I didn't want the highest speed Internet, I'd spend 20€/month.
Get cheaper shit.

Make sacrifices.

Guessing you're a Canadafag:
Internet should not cost you $120 and your phone bill should not be $110.

If you are actually paying those amounts, you're either getting ripped off or for some reason you want the top plan offered by your service provider. You can get a very good phone bill for $45 and internet for about $70 which totals at about half of what you're expecting to pay.

What province are you in?

Are you in NYC? The price range you listen sounds like up NYC's alley desu. In any case it seems like the better course of action is to stay with your roommates or find a better job (I know, easier said than done).
Refer to what said

Well that’s in my experience with former roommates. I paid the whole WiFi with my mom and the average was 100 with a discount from her job. I pay 70 which is half the WiFi bill in my current roommates house. I guess WiFi is just expensive in the US and that my roommates have fucking expensive ass WiFi.
You are correct about the phone provider thing, but I’m in a contract... when it’s finished I will be getting a cheaper service.

Las Vegas.

Bump, still looking for advice.

>Can buy your own modem and get an isp to activate it
>Mint mobile costs $10 for phone

>Hurry sure guys I can't live on my own

Fucking. entitled. millennials.

>and probably 200 after food and miscellaneous items
so you have $200 to save every month and this is somehow unlivable?

I'm asking questions you asshole. I'm far from entitled.
I guess it's okay but I don't know if how normal or common that is for someone my age. If I should be saving considerably more than that or if that would be making out good. That's why I asked the question, so others could tell me.

Dude, I live in Vegas and you're overspending.

I'll admit prices are skyrocketing here, but yeah, you're not really in a place to live completely alone yet. It's time to find a roommate and make things work. I'm 32 years old, own my own house, make $100k, and even I live with a roommate. It's just one of those practical things to save money.

Cox Residential internet is not as expensive as you're paying, so someone is fucking you. cox.com/residential/pricing.html

Cut the cord and skip the TV package, which I bet is what's killing you.

Verizon Wireless plans are also not that expensive, so I don't know what the fuck you're doing there. I also think someone is lying to you. techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/verizon-wireless-plans-1321179

Get a lower plan and work on being mindful of when your ass should be connected to a wifi network.

Rent is going up here, no doubt, but it sounds like you're not doing the research.

I can discuss switching internet, but I recently moved in with them so they already had things arranged. And my roommate works from home so he relies on a stable connection and is a nervous fucking mess so he'd probably be scared to switch. They don't have cable though.
I know I need to fix my plan.
I've been looking for places.

I mean, it is what it is, I'm not stressing about your situation, but if you really, really want to move out, it's about doing the research and finding what you can do in your means.

I don't really generally think it's worth it if you're already out of mom & dad's.

Well yeah but I'm finding out it's better to live with another reliable non-acquaintance than a friend. Living in close quarters with friends can be frustrating, especially in a studio apartment.