Has being smart ever worked?

just being very intelligent. for instance, I play chess, read, am very up-to-date on politics, going to Harvard, taking the hardest possible classes, etc. and am trying to not be lonely for once in my entire life. i was wondering if just being smart as fuck makes up for a personality, because the only hobby i have other than chess, the piano, and debating is collecting movies. im funny as fuck, but only with controversial jokes (just my taste).

Attached: 1550000976013.jpg (574x881, 54K)

here is a comprehensive list of things that matter in life:
>what you can produce in exchange for money
>how fun you are to talk to
>how good-looking you are
you will note "an iq high enough to appreciate rick and morty" and "being a cringelord" are not on the list

/thread/

dubs
I'm somewhat fun to talk to, although I feel I'm too political and different from most people.
I'm also somewhat good looking, and dapper as fuck most of the time... but I don't like to stand out. I can hardly mutter a word to some, and others I can talk with for hours at a time if I really want to. Generally, though, it's the former.

Second this, in order this is all there is to being a successful male by today's standards in a capitalist society.

you sound like a narcissist. try actually caring about other people and not just about how you think they see you.
you also sound like a redditor. talking like this irl is a good way to annoy everyone around you. try to be more... normal.

the issue is image is basically everything in society; how others perceive you. also, i am a narcissist. i've just been naturally better than others at most everything in life, and far outpace my peers in studies. the simple thing is i just dont like people, and i honestly cant wait to not be around others. i just want to find someone like-minded so that im not lonely which is pretty unironically crippling. also, definitely not a redditor. cant stand the normie sheep hivemind over there. because ive generally been smarter than everyone else, ive never actually made any meaningful connections with people... im just not social in the least and have never even left my house to go to a social event (party, theater, just a cup of coffee with nonexistent friends)

forgot to mention: i dont talk like this irl, as I don't talk to others really at all. but I genuinely dont care for any of them as human beings and see them as nothing more than NPCs to step over

Attached: 1556587640022.png (1000x800, 285K)

You don't actually want friends, user. They would challenge the idealized version of yourself that you think is real.

Why don't you like people OP, just curious?

as I said, I look at them as nothing more than NPCs to stop over (or on). they are obsessed with social media, how their ass looks, stupid rumors, etc. when I'm reading about fucking Nietzsche (or soviet politics and society in the 1970s) in the corner. they're just a bunch of retards, and I've grown apathetic to their existence. i enjoy the company of actually intelligent people, and would love to talk to them. but goddamn ignorance couldn't infuriate me more. the idea that you would rather sit there on instagram instead of reading a 5-volume set on wars in the Italian peninsula. not useless shit just like that, either. just SOMETHING.

i remember feeling like this when i was 13. grow up. get out, talk to people, connect with them and forget about yourself.

I realize my flaws, though. I'm incredibly materialistic and narcissistic which I view as incredibly negative. but their flaws outweigh mine in my mind... willfully foregoing any intellectual thought in favor of some approval, wasting invaluable, precious time, etc.

but I don't want THEM to be my friends. I want to find people that realize the importance of time and dont waste it thinking about the hivemind

okay. thanks for the advice, user.
thanks to you all for a successful thread so far

Attached: thumbsup.png (202x179, 56K)

>i was wondering if just being smart as fuck makes up for a personality
no it's not. in fact sadly smart people aren't smart enough to keep their intelligence from getting in the way of developing by far the most important human skills of all, which is social skills. networking, cooperation, being social and acceptable to a group are far more important than anything one big brain could ever ponder, because it's only by such cooperation that any of those big brain things are ever accomplished, past and present. it's why virgin ivy league 4.0 STEM grads are often still grunts at their jobs while the brogrammer who graduated from a state school, or engineer chad who can hold a conversation while looking his business degree boss in the eyes is promoted to management. because in a room where everyone has technical knowledge, the one who can also communicate well is the superior one.

so any advice on training social skills? just throwing myself out there and just talking to others even if I hate it?

You can find people that value these things in ordinary people. You'd be surprised how a lot of people would want to learn about your interests. Just because they don't go to Harvard doesn't mean they're not curious user. I can see what you mean but don't take that to mean regular people can't relate to your interests.

Social skills basically involve reading body language and verbally expressing your thoughts using your mouth. You can be entertaining, people like that but in the end they'll be a lot more interested in what you bring to the table, don't let anyone let you think otherwise.

The reason a lot of people are crippled socially is because they have a bad image of themselves or they're afraid to take risks. If you're intelligent and you know it, don't be afraid to talk to anyone user. That instills security and confidence, both are necessary to keeping you socially functional.

you hate it because you suck at it. you'll get better. the only general advice i can give is to focus on them at all times and not on yourself. everything else is messy human interaction which you can't learn about from a book. good luck.

okay, thanks. any advice on finding these people specifically?

me wanting to spread my ideas and try to educate the normies is why I got into debating, for the most part. I've also been meaning to get some books on it from Amazon, but have been wondering if it'd just be better to plain talk.

thanks /b/ro, and I will try to get better.

go volunteer for shit.

animal shelters
soup kitchens
maybe some political stuff where you know its good women, not old political ladies lol
uhh
seriously i dont know what single women do.

my cousin met his wife on match dot coooom if that helps?

OP, you arent superior that someone just because you read more books or know more things about soviet union in 1970's. they dont have cultural capital to share with you, ok, but life isnt just that.

just calm down, dude. learn to enjoy different people than you (then you will be more than intelligent: wise)

Not really. It's how you carry yourself.
I'm like above average in intellect. My hobbies are pretty much reading, vidya, I play guitar and dabble in astronomy and chemistry for fun. I also have a few friends that range from tards to a guy that has a master's in environmental science. My conversations range from discussion over "at what point are tits too big" to "politically why is climate change such a hard issue to talk about, or philosophy and such.

Now, do I carry myself as a person that does that? Not really. To most i come off as strangely charismatic, yet homely? They enjoy my stories, also they like that we can have deep conversations. Anyways the most important part, I am at clown sometimes. Haha funny, not pepe.

What I am saying learn to slow your brain down. Not dumb yourself down, since that comes off as condescending. Just learn to shut parts of your brain down. Your intellect is like a well sharpened blade, it shouldn't need to come out unless you failed to use your words. In this case be a person people want to be around.

What's your goal audience? Fun people? Other fellow eggheads? Etc etc.

If it doesn't answer your question. Use your intelligence. Not on them directly, learn to break down social interactions and turn them into something logical. Learn the patterns that drive conversation; tone, direction, words.
Even a failed attempt is worth something. Did your tism show? Maybe I talked about something they didn't care for? That's how I did it, and I have aspergers. So it's not impossible. Eventually it becomes automatic.