We need to talk about the TQ (truck question)

Quite a lot of men in the US (often with families) are going into DEBT to buy or lease new pickup trucks, which have continued to increase in price. A new Ford F350 with some additional features can now exceed $100,000. Many men with good-paying jobs are spending exorbitant amounts of money to acquire these vehicles. I see it all the time in my area.

There is nothing wrong with having a pickup truck, but the modern system is working like a scam - truck prices keep going up, and blue collar guys with decent jobs keep sinking more and more of their money into the truck market. Even the USED truck market has become massively overpriced in the US due to this effect.

Why are so few American men woke on the TQ, Jow Forums?

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 137K)

because you have nigger tier consumerist tendencies

i got my 2011 silverado for free because somebody died

That has always been the case. Super-expensive pickup trucks are a relatively recent development.

It is not yours. It is your mother's truck. Stop trying to pretend that you are not a NEET. Go back to your video games.

hmm no it was my grandpas
its mine now though

Attached: 1459927685156.jpg (398x500, 25K)

Ford F150 sells for $28,155. The only people who need a 350 are using it for commercial use, so it pays for itself.
You dont need "additional features", that is just a bunch of crap.

man I wanted to buy one of those shitty little Mazda B2000s for a couple grand off craigslist

>3 available in my area
>cheapest one is fucking $3500
>178k miles, destroyed interior

fuck trucks

Again, stop your bullshitting. It is your mother's truck...unfortunately. Bunch of do nothings trying to live off the work of your grandpa.

Only real men should drive trucks

Attached: 4849BA4F-24E3-4B84-9FD4-D784F8D3CBC0.jpg (1080x993, 107K)

>Even the USED truck market has become massively overpriced
this. I saw a 2009 Tacoma with close to 100k miles selling for 17k
what the fuck?

People who buy f350s with the accessories usually do so because they need the hauling power to do their work. (exceptions exist, I live near a bunch of farmers so they all use em).

I don't know why you're having a hard time finding a used truck. Post your Craigslist and I can take a look? Ask /o/ for advice as well.

Older trucks in good condition that haven't been used for plowing is the way to go honestly if you really want one. Trucks at one time were meant to be cheap and affordable and useful for the working man but now they are turning them in to fucking luxury family vehicles which defeats the whole purpose of owning a truck in the first place. I got a GMC sierra in good condition for a really good price but it took around 8 months and got it from my uncle a mechanic. Everywhere I looked I couldn't help but cringe at the prices people asked for their old shitty beat up trucks, rusted rockers and over 200,000 miles on them. Seeing old shitboxes like that go for as high as ten grand made me fucking laugh and cringe all at the same time. Getting a 10 year old truck for less than 12 grand is nearly impossible

I bought a used 2014 Silverado a year ago for 24k Canadian. Right now according to black book the average price of my truck is 27,500. So over the course of a year my vehicle has appreciated in value.

That won't happen with a civic.

>F350 with tandem tires
Oh, those are going to be such a bitch to set up a tow for. Tow companies with F550s as their medium duty flatbed are going to look at the shit and go "Nope. Don't wanna try it."

Honda Civic because I'm smart

I just bought a new Tacoma in full. It feels like a full sized truck from my youth. Why anybody buys these fuckoff huge things is beyond me. They're retarded and useless.

>The only people who need a 350

"Need"? We're talking about blue collar guys buying those things as status symbols. And straining the budget to do so.

cant find a gen2 3500
someone help
id rather be cummin that strokin

There are two types of people that buy trucks in America.

Practical users: tradesmen use them for work, hauling materials/tools/equipment. Those living in rural areas or up north benefit from a truck’s adaptability to adverse driving conditions. Outdoorsmen need them for gear, hauling their kill, etc.

Then you have faggot wagie debt slaves in the suburbs who compensate for their sedentary lifestyle and complete lack of any masculine hobbies or features by latching onto MUH TRUK as an identity. Soicucks like these don’t know how to maintain their vehicles, they don’t work for a living, don’t haul anything besides flat pack furniture for their wives, and are loaded up with goodgoy bucks to spend on fufu bullshit at the dealership.

That Tacoma just got broken in. Tons of life left in it. Easily can get 400k more use on it with fluid changes, tires, and brakes. (Maybe a rad flush)

Just buy an old Chevy with a 305 or 350 for a work truck when you need it. Parts are easy to get and the bodies are easy to work on. I will never understand all the idiots that spend a lot of cash on a 4x4 with 8" bed and never take it off the blacktop.

I actually bought a used truck that looks like pic related a few years ago for $900. I thought I would "fix it up" and learn some auto mechanics at the same time. I kind of did, but I'm fairly lazy, and the truck still looks like shit.

Attached: 1977 Datsun.jpg (3264x2448, 964K)

I bought a new Tundra in 2013,was going to trade it in last year until I saw that it now takes fuck you money to buy a truck. I'll run it for the next 20 years. Fuck it.

>spend a lot of cash on a 4x4
t. never driven in snow 4x4 should be standard equipment

I own a Toyota RAV4, not bad for hauling stuff, granted I can’t fit as much as a truck, but I still get 24 miles to the gallon. Shame the head gasket blew and it’s spewing coolant everywhere though :^)

Attached: EFAD9E94-8B5A-4650-BA53-0D02CE461CF6.jpg (4032x3024, 2.77M)

>He hasn't taken the truck pill

Truck prices are high because government fleet fuel standards means they sell matchbox cars at near loss prices and turn pick ups into high margin luxury vehicles so they both profit on them while making there fleet fuel numbers add up. That's why truck prices are retarded, but some people can't do there jobs and responsibilities out of a hatch back cross over.

white trash and niggers would be indistinguishable to a blind man

Unless you tow heavy stuff on a regular basis just get a quarter ton. Considerably cheaper, easier on gas and generally more reliable.

Sort of went out of production (except for tacomas), but they are starting to come back.

i am in the market for a new car. i was looking at trucks but i dont want to spend $32000 on a 2016 one. i think i will settle for an e class

It's a Datsun , the trucks SUPPOSED to look like shit.

Thats a fucking steal.

Toyotas hold their value very well (hence more expensive pre-owned), and tacomas are excellent trucks overall.

I live in the Truckiest part of the country and I have never seen one of these motherfuckers. No one here is going to throw away 100k on that, when there are flashier toys to get.

The average truck here for 4x4 is 40k. All the bells and whistles, probably 60k.

>t. owns a truck too. Debt free though.

Then they fail themselves and will suffer because that is life. Stopping people from doing something stupid is the exact reason why our gene pools are so fucked up; there is a safety net for idiocy. Let them run into debt, fall apart, kill themselves. Only an idiot buys shit outside their means.

Blame the Auto Workers Unions. If I was a big car company I would just say "sorry we can't afford your stupid pensions anymore"

On the topic of overpriced trucks, the truck in pick related cost $350,000

People who spend money they don't have need to be gassed

my family owns a working ranch and a basic F150 is all we need. anything more than that isn't necessary and is just showing off

people are idiots and don't know how to not buy something
they are literally human cattle just like the jews say

lol k bud

>Datsun
U bit off more than u can chew...

>t. never driven in snow 4x4 should be standard equipment
Most of the guys that buy them have never used the 4x4 because they are scared to drive in the snow.

t. need 4x4 to get up my drive 8 months out of the year

I can't believe it broke down Dat-soon

Is the plan to max out America's credit by selling them expensive low gas mileage big ass trucks, then raise gas prices and sell all those same now panicked people smaller cars or electric cars?

Sold my Tacoma last year for 19k. Had 75k miles on it. Wasnt even a TRD.

Avoid debt. A service van is often more practical. Listen to Dave Ramsey regarding vehicle purchases.

God, I wish that were me. I have to go places as an event to use 4x4 :(((

Got a 99 Ford 7.3 diesel. Last of the Mohicans. Best truck hands down. No emissions bullshit and can generate a lot of power with a little work. Guys at gastation always ask, hey mayne, wanna sell your truck? I always tell them it's a 6.no. kek. It evens has 6.0 stickers. Deters thieves. Lol

Attached: 1551884944603.jpg (1024x651, 160K)

Good country goys. Buy those trucks. Show them what a real man looks like.

Attached: snuffbox5big.jpg (853x480, 201K)

I'll stick with pre-faggotry pickups

Attached: 1972-dodge-d-100-power-wagon-short-bed-4x4-rust-free-nevada-truck-2.jpg (640x338, 36K)

I got a brand new 2018 f150 for around 35k. Not a king ranch though

I live in Reno, NV, where every other vehicle on the road is a truck, and I've never seen an F350 in person in my life. Nobody's going to buy that shit. If you know anyone with a long bed they already complain about how it's like driving a land yacht and how they wish it was smaller. Rarely even see duals outside of the ranches.

I got a brand new 2018 Toyota tundra last year for $34k. Pretty sweet deal imo

I drove a rear while drive 1982 gmc pickup. the old rear wheel drives were a comfy ride

Yeah if you’re going to get a nice truck people usually go with raptors and king ranches. Might as well get something cool instead of something that looks retarded. Plus you can take the raptor to Hennessy and get a crazy ass upgrade

Nice dodge. I have a '71 international scout as my money pit.

Part of the problem also has to do with the EPA.

No car company operating in the US can make exclusively trucks. They have to manufacture a certain quota of "fuel efficient" cars by EPA standards in order to be permitted to make a certain number of trucks.

And what do you end up with?
Overpriced trucks so car makers can turn a profit. And pic related, huge lots of unsold cars.

Attached: aa.jpg (600x400, 46K)

My truck is paid for.
I do most of the maintenance myself.
Big truck faggots are literal faggots.

Attached: 2003-ford-ranger regular cab-frontside_ftrgr011.jpg (480x360, 21K)

those turbo 6's are going to need full rebuilds at 100k

Congratulations, you're a fag!

Gayest pic ever uploaded to Jow Forums. Congratulations.

>Bought a brand new Silverado in 2008
>used it for contracting business and as a personal vehicle
>currently has 220k miles on it
>runs fucking awesome still
>paid off fully
>only reason i would get another is if i became a sudden faggot and wanted a shiny truck

Everyone forgot to mention trucks go way farther than cars without break downs if you take care of them. Status symbols are for cuck insecure fags

Used to work for Porsche
Not aimed at OP just general advice
Unless it's some special edition limited production stuff that will be an investment (yes a select few cars appreciate)
If you buy new you are beyond retarded
Used, CPO
Year doesn't matter, miles do
Want a cheap truck, tacoma, they last forever
Want a cheap fullsize, plenty of tundras used under 30k with less than 40k miles, they also last forever
"Suoerduties" I'd personally go ford
Brand new base 250 goes for 33k, used can be had for much cheaper
If you dont have the money you dont need the fucking platinum edition
How hard is this to understand
Some people with money want ventilated seats and shit and can afford a 80k truck
Actual workers can afford a used 25k base 250

I'm glad your grandfather is dead

1980's = you could buy a new truck for under $ 6,000 easy

... then the jews got a strangle-hold on the banks and Fed, started printing off loads of worthless monopoly play money, now a new midsize truck such as a Honda Ridgeline starts at $35,000, while Ford F-150's with certain options go for as much as $55,000 and F-350 King Ranch duallys can approach $70,000

Attached: hqdefault (5).jpg (480x360, 15K)

Luxury shit like this means the economy is too good. We’re probably headed for a recession when these retards can’t pay them off.

232k miles on an S10 extreme. Looks like it did three tours in Afghanistan. Runs like a champ.

One time I saw two homeless men butt-pumping in a truck like that.

Your uncle and brother?

It's called having a job. You should try it!

Attached: 20190406_223508.jpg (4032x1960, 2.49M)

I have a 2005 I bought used with only about 125k on it now.
Silverados will run for ever if you take care of them.
I have a friend with a 2002 that no bullshit has 500K on it.

I had a `72 Dodge stepside with the 318 and a 4-speed w/granny gear. You could almost pull stumps with it. AZ truck w/ no rust.
Current truck is an `83 Chevy fleetside with a 305, auto. Rockers and quarter panels got rusty. But the thing has paid for itself a dozen times over, original engine, tranny.
May put headers on it and sink some money pimping it a little.

Just wait op. The economy should slow down in 2020. The us car market has huge amounts of debt, and the loans see subpirme,kek. Lots of used trucks will be available soon.

> tfw I drive a 2006 f250 diesel and it's a beast.

Let's hope

As a person that works in the trucking industry I fucking hate people that drive hevaily modded pickup trucks that they don't even use for work.
Get behind the wheel of a real fucking truck.

Modern bro dozers are for "male impersonators". Beds are too small, too high, they cost the same as a down payment on a house.

I drive pic related. Single cab, 2wd, long bed. Got it for cheap, can get 20mpg on the highway.

Attached: DSCN3715.jpg (4608x3456, 2.88M)

>May put headers on it and sink some money pimping it a little.

In b4 "then it will shit the bed."

Sorry, but the 6.0 diesel is garbage.

Why the fuck are half the idiots buying trucks doing it as a dickwaving fad and not for utility and you’ll have answered the TQ

Almost fell for the truck meme a few months back. Could trade my paid off car and $5k for a Tacoma but I don’t need it and would strictly be getting it to get out of a small car that does everything I need it to do.

I work with a guy whose F350 is a commuter car.

Daily Reminder = no modern truck can compare to a 1980s rock solid truck, no need for your jewish satellite radio or seat warmers

Attached: back-to-the-future-truck-ebay-find-of-the-day-back-to-the-future-marty-mcfly-1985-toyota.jpg (916x515, 162K)

Then why did Ford stop making every single model of car except the Mustang that is not fuel efficient at all??

let the retards go into debt, most of them don't even have a use for the truck or its capabilities anyway, so they're even more retarded.

You only need a truck if you're going to haul shit, and you can get a decent truck for ~$10-20k to do that.

If you ain't Cummins you're just stroking

what about them? if they were willing to spend that kind of cash on a truck they would probably spend it on something equally as stupid

I bought my 2018 Silverado new. I make good money, I have no wife and kids and I use it as it’s meant to be. I used to have a little Ford Focus. Routinely had to borrow a truck and trailer to get shit done. My truck looks great, until you look into the beat to shit bed. I haven’t had time to get a spray liner and it is scratched all over from hauling various things like firewood, construction equipment and materials and other things. Plus the Four wheel drive helped me get to work during this snowy as fuck winter.

Bought a 2014 4x4Tacoma 2 Years ago. $30 oil changes and $480 tires every few years will run to 400k. Could sell it tomorrow for damn near what I paid for it. Does absolutely everything except haul a mini excavator. All that and it will also park anywhere in the city np

Grabbed me a sweetheart a few weeks ago, for $8k, with 121k miles on it, and a thousand dollar topper.
Fuck getting a truck that costs more than my house.

Attached: IMG_20190316_131237.jpg (4032x3024, 3.76M)

bring back The Dude

Attached: Dodge-Dude-pickup-876x535.jpg (876x535, 74K)

>fugly grill guard that adds hundreds of pounds to the front end of the vehicle
>tacky, chinese made nigger rims
>offroad tires, winch for when he gets stuck in the mall parking lot

Kill yourself for ruining that truck.

2000 f250 7.3 liter diesel 4x4
bought it off craigslist for 10k
best truck ever

Short-bed works just fine for what I need it for, I can put a stack of 4x8 plywood in it just fine with the tailgate down and some ratchet straps.

That is your own fault though. Why don't you own a McMansion, user?

forgot pic

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-04-07 at 5.52.04 PM.png (612x453, 365K)

>ffs just make a 2 door manual truck in 2019

Attached: 1530509776416.jpg (2687x2319, 1.38M)

Because if you arnt using it for work and to make money and you use it as a status symbol its a trap. I had a brand new GMC denali in 2006 and it paid for itself 4 times over and I still drive it.

Got my Tacoma in addition to my small car. Never drive the car anymore because it's so much less comfortable.

You goofed, bro.