Motel 6 will pay $12 million for helping ICE enforce immigration laws

This retarded country is fucking finished. It is now illegal to help enforce United States laws. I have truly given up on this shithole, and my "fellow Americans," most of whom are useless morons:

>Motel 6 will pay $12M to settle lawsuit after sharing guest info with ICE, official says

>Motel 6 agreed to pay $12 million to settle a lawsuit that accused several Washington state locations of sharing personal guest information with U.S. immigration officials. The budget motel operator illegally shared the personal information of about 80,000 customers for more than two years, resulting in a "targeted" ICE investigation into guests with Latino-sounding names, the Washington state attorney general's office announced Thursday.

> The office said operators at seven Washington locations had voluntarily shared their guest lists with ICE agents between February 2015 and September 2017, without requiring a warrant.

>"Each time Motel 6 released a guest list, it included the private information of every guest at the hotel without their knowledge or consent, violating their expectation of privacy," Attorney General Bob Ferguson's office said in a statement. "The Motel 6 guest information disclosures led to significant harmful consequences, including the detention and deportation of many guests and the suffering of their families."

>One man was taken into custody at a Seattle location, where he was staying for one to wrap Christmas presents for his four children, officials said. "ICE agents approached him in the hotel’s parking lot, detained him and deported him some days later. His wife had to retrieve the presents and his other belongings from the Motel 6 after his arrest," the attorney general's office said. "The man was the sole provider for the household, and his wife is currently struggling to support their toddler and four other children."

abcnews.go.com/US/motel-pay-12m-settle-lawsuit-sharing-guest-info/story?id=62239566

Attached: motel-gty-er-190407_hpMain_16x9_992[1].jpg (992x558, 66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=h9P_2HqWRhU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

By the way, Jow Forums, why the FUCK didn't the Republican-controlled Congress pass any of the federal immunity proposals for people/companies which help enforce immigration laws? Why did Paul Ryan/Mitch McConnell fail to bring ANY of them up for a vote? Why didn't Trump FORCE them to do so?

This proves the clown meme is forced, but not by way of gifs or pngs

Attached: 1553636240423.jpg (338x402, 111K)

Good. They had no right to share anyones private data. Due process exists for a reason.

>Corporation gets fined for violating laws
Oh nooo

>illegally shared
ah, ah, ah.
patriot act legalized this.

Fucking based. I’m gonna stay at a motel 6 this weekend just to support them
It’s all a game man. Politicians are actors, you’re the audience. But who’s the director? You already know... or is it nose?

the invaders broke the law first. If based motel 6 squealed on any other wanted criminal they would not be in trouble. HONK HONK

That bottom paragraph is why we need to have every single one of these fuckers sent home

Illegals don't have constitutional privacy rights for most purposes. That was the legal standard for decades. They aren't citizens, and therefore don't enjoy the same "privileges and immunities" of actual citizens. Secondarily, motel guest lists are not even specifically protected under federal law. They are literally just commercial data, just like any other type of customer list.

How is it not a clown world for the state attorney general to be defending illegal immigrants from the federal government's unconstitutional spying program?

Motel 6 doesn’t have coffee makers, but I’m supporting the fuck out of them now.

Worth it, crowdfund and pay them to recoup their losses.

Due process and any other part of the constitution can only apply to the govt, not a private entity. The police need a warrant to go into my neighborhoods house, but if I do and send some info to the police I didn’t break the 4th amendment

Who pays for and runs the talkie box that tells you what to think? Who pays for and gets the most benefit from the government?

Attached: MediaOwnership.jpg (2700x2762, 3.67M)

Because people like you are still naive enough to think all of these parties arent actively working together. There is a video out there that makes it all make way too much sense. I have not been able to find it since the last time I saw it. It was called "the grand design" or something of that nature. It was a video shot around the early 60's or so. A man standing in his study speaking in front of a small audience. The tldr of it is that after ww2 think tanks were formed at universities where they formed this plan fistfuck US foreign policy into focusing solely on capitulating to the demands of communists. The argument was that "since the atomic bomb exists and both the US and Soviet Union have it then the only way that we never seen nuclear annihilation on a global scale is to ensure that there is no major conflict between the two nations. Further, that the only way to accomplish this would be to lay the groundwork for a mutual government where both sides meet in the middle ideologically. However, due to the nature of communist ideology the only way that we could ever meet in the middle would be for the west to capitulate on every front. He goes on to explain that it was decided that there would be no way to do this openly because the American public would revolt, so it was necessary for conflicts like the vietnam war, where "we are fighting the communists in proxy wars, while never doing any real damage to them" to take place in order to 'slow boil' the american public.

I will spend some time looking for the video, but I havent been able to find it in months.

I wonder what the lawyers name is?

Same way tech companies dont get fined for selling your personal data, im typing this on a 1984 telescreen right now

Um go kys sweetie thx

Did you even read it. Motel 6 WILLINGLY gave info from their records which ALSO showed american citizen records. They were willing to pay the fine to help ICE. 12mil isn't a lot in the business world. They make money everyday. Get some business sense, please

>we'll leave the light on for you

Well i know what hotel I won't stay at

t. Illegal spic

Literally fuck Motel six, that whore motel will call the cops even if your just waiting for your fucking cab thats 10 minutes late.
Fuck Motel six.

Attached: 1550454171016.png (644x942, 51K)

they should have done it legally. get a fucking warrant.

fuck spics and fuck you. illegals have no rights.

AG is defending privacy. all motel 6 had to do was to notify guests that they would be sharing their personal data with ICE.

Got baited by the headline but I agree with the settlement. Cooperation means complying with ICE requests. Giving out entire guest lists unprompted is a violation of customer privacy.

Paul Ryan is a traitor and should be treated as such.

it isn't about illegal 'rights'. it's about motel 6 sharing private citizen's personal data with other entities without notifying them in advance. i don't care if the third party was ICE or Amazon - it isn't right and they deserve to get fucked.

this.

Guest book doesn't have an expectation of privacy

Just because it's digitalized doesn't change a thing

Wait, so the example the author used wasn't of someone who was wrongfully detained by ICE, but of an actual illegal who rightfully was deported?

Underrated

What if Motel 6 was helping enforce firearms laws?

youtube.com/watch?v=h9P_2HqWRhU

>Armalite agreed to pay $12 million to settle a lawsuit that accused the company of sharing personal customer information with U.S. Department of Homeland Security officials. The scary assault weapon manufacturer illegally shared the personal information of about 80,000 customers for more than two years, resulting in a "targeted" DHS investigation into customers with Anglo-sounding names, the state attorney general's office announced Thursday.

>Muh private data!

Attached: Face (Avatar).jpg (400x400, 23K)

those are unconstitutional, immigration laws are not.

Were these customers citizens, or illegal aliens?

thanks. is'nt g. edward griffen the author of the creature from jekyll island?

illegals have no rights

The thing about having rights as a private citizen.......is.......(wait for it)...............almost there.................hang tight............YOU HAVE TO BE A FUCKING CITIZEN OF THAT COUNTRY FIRST

There are no firearm "laws". The Constitution doesn't say you can have guns, the Constitution says the government cannot get in the way of you having guns.

bump stocks are illegal. magpul should probably volunteer their customer list to DHS so bumpstock owners can be found.

how would armalite know?

They're selling them guns, I'd say if they DON'T know then DHS is on to something and Armalite can get fucked.

yeah, bad argument from me. how about magpul and bumpstocks?

Hotel GM, reporting in. General rule of thumb is to not share guest data with anyone, not even cops. The last thing you want is a bunch of police activity at your location, because that shows up in TripAdvisor. Last time I had a cop show up and want a list of everybody in house, I told her to get a warrant. She was rather offended and hasn't come back, lel.

>80,000 customers for more than two years,
talk about doing the Lord's work

It'd be a complete waste of time and objectionable on those grounds alone, but yeah let's say there's a sudden rash of terrorist incidents featuring bump stocks for whatever reason, Magpul's shipments is a reasonable place to start.
Illegal immigration is a problem, bump stocks are irrelevant no matter which way you look at it.

Noice.

im sure that would be good for business. wonder how comfy motel 6 beds are?

>their toddler and four other children

Fucking spic roaches. Based motel 6

>toddler and four other children."
Roaches. Nasty little roaches.

Attached: shutterstock_601235642.jpg.838x0_q80.jpg (838x529, 58K)

Cut the cable television cord.

I fuck my mistress at a motel 6 and I will continue to do so.

Based

Whi gets the 12mil? Do they divide it by 80000?

I didn't realize immigration was in the Bill of Rights. Which amendment is that?

>Whi gets the 12mil?
The lawyers.

Attached: ferengi.png (768x795, 413K)

black pill is the most based
you can get entertainment by laughing at people who are getting cucked by mass immigration

Another massive failure of the American judicial system