Should I start university again at age 23?

Should I start university again at age 23?

I have a history of wasted time and failed academic degrees (because anxiety and depression and lazyness)

I can get depressed about all the motivated, young and sharp minds starting their degrees whole Ive wasted 5 years.

They even move to different cities or whatever and experience something new.

Do you think it's any good to start another new degree? I thought about physics. I know it's very hard, but I want to strain my brain.
Well main question is, should I even try it again at age 23?

Attached: 1553498057589.jpg (598x529, 12K)

I’m thinking of going back to college. Im almost 31. I spent 7 yrs in college in and out. I had to take a break because I had a head injury. I also have Bipolar. I dropped out twice. I didn’t earn a BA Communication degree. It’s never too late. I’m thinking of majoring in Education this time. I too failed in academics because of poor listening skill and bad study habits.

It d just so frustrating because I see other people living their lives 18-23 within the university world

And I just wasted those years sitting at home being depressed and studying half assly

Other people are excited about the world and people and experiences

I agree we just have to be stoic and make the best out of it.

Attached: Ddf91SKVQAEwL7G.jpg (1080x1349, 186K)

yes

i finished my B.Sc in computer science with 29 and i will probably go and start university again because realized that working in that field is not enjoyable

>Should I start university again at age 23?
>I have a history of wasted time and failed academic degrees (because anxiety and depression and lazyness)

What makes you think that THIS time it will be different? There are thousands of people who claim that they failed due to those problems. What did you change?

If you think you truly changed and are now capable of NOT wasting your time, then go for it. 23 is really young
>I thought about physics
i dont want to scare you but but this wont be easy at all, it will probably the hardest challenge you ever faced in your whole life

23 is young
It’s ultimately up to you if you want to change and succeed
Don’t worry what everyone else is up to, focus on yourself

Good luck, OP. You can do this

I just got much degree in CS at 27 and am currently looking for my first job in the field, I'm curious to hear why you're not liking it so far?

To OP, it's not too late, just go for it. People die in their 80's nowadays, let's say that trend holds, then by the time you finish in 4 years you still have about 53 years left to do something with that degree max.
Ok realistically you won't until 80 but my point still stands.

>I'm curious to hear why you're not liking it so far

i dont dislike it, i just cant see myself doing IT jobs for the rest of my life, i feel like i would be unhappy with my life. its just personal preference, maybe you will absolutely love working in IT
maybe im stupid for pursuing another subject now because of mere feelings but i think i would feel even worse if i didnt

I'm a full-time software developer and don't really consider myself as working in IT - probably mostly because I don't deal with customers, I like the creativity & problem solving side of development

Think it depends on the job, regardless I'm still in front of a computer and I most would consider that as working in IT

Dude I had to go to job corps for a couple of months just to go back to a university and I was 27. Stop compairing yourself to kids who had their lives together before you and focus on what you want to accomplish.

I suggest going to a different uni if people will mock you for repeating

Age is not a problem, my degree course had 27+ year olds and they've all gone on to do well. What you need is determinism and more importantly passion. Degrees are a piece of cake if you find a subject that you are passionate about

Your age is not the issue. At least 30% of any university are your age or older.

The question is whether you think you'll be serious about it this time

Yesterday I just saw all the photos of my former classmates getting graduated, while I dropped out at 50% or 60% because I couldn't even go to school because I didn't want to see her.
Now I'm getting dropped out again on this other school because too many failed assignatures.
I'm 23.
I just reconsidered suicide. Since looks like I'll never finish school. All my fault, not one else's.
I'm sorry mother and father, but I'll be better that way.

Absolutely. It's so much better when you back to school older and calmer and able to buy your own booze.

If I join back university, how do I deal with Shame connected to

a) still living with my parents (I might be able to change that though)

b) little life exp
I'd probably socialize with 18-20 yolds and I'd be curious (at best) about life the same way they are, since I don't have life exp, but being significantly older than them

c) having little to show for my age: job wise, academia wise

I'd basically be a big child joining back

Idk how to be completely sure "if I have changed"

How does one truly know oneself?

I know that last semester I passed all exams I had to pass, but it's in degrees I don't see much perspective in (psychology and Philosophy)

I also feel like I didn't learn a thing. I know for a fact, that I really didn't learn anything substantial.
Thats why I want to get into something hard science, something using straight logic, also coding.

Problem is my attention span is very limited and my cognitive capability too, through extensive apathy and binge watching etc. However, this is a horrible thing to admit and I don't want to bow to my limited intellect, rather I want to strain it to force it going back up.

I also know I never ever really brought the action others are used to bring. I mostly chill. So there's potential to Stress myself more. (?)

I was paranoid and intense and passionate about stuff at times. Then i fell into apathy. I want to be intense and passionate again: life in mediocrity scares me, though I live well below mediocrity, life very void of much action and challenges. Idk what that says about me.

Also my interests constantly changed the last years. I was into politics, then economics, then thought I should rekindle my passion for history which failed. Then Psychology, thought I'd understand the depths of the human psyche.

Now I want to have sth profound also with use on the job market. Which is, imo, physics.

So the question is open if I am capable / if I am able to bring the determinism /passion to pursue it for the rest of my life.

I'm rambling hoping something sticks out... I'm confused about myself

23 is nothing.
You can start a degree anytime you want, don't fall for the 'if you donmt start at 15 you're a loser' meme, no one believes it other than projecting losers trying to feel better about not having the drive to try.
Hell, some people start at 30.

For the attention span problems, I would recommend less time on the internet or watching shit and more time reading actual books. Reading requires focus and, if it isn't internet reading, then it requires long stretches of focus. Honestly, pick out a couple novels and a couple nonfiction books on subjects that interest you and try it out.

I have about the most severe ADD you can imagine, and I also struggle with anxiety and depression. I just got my master's from one of the best universities in the country.

It's not because I'm any smarter or harder working than you. I'm a fuck up, I'm horribly lazy, and I can't manage my time to save my life. The thing is, dropping out was never an option.

Go back to college if you need college for the field you're interested in, like engineering, science, academia, medicine, or business (you don't need an MBA, but it helps).

If you want to be some kind of craftsman, and I'd include artists, entertainers, bartenders, etc. in that, then it's more important to focus on building a resume. College will help with that, but you can also do it on your own. Don't expect college to just give you skills in a craft.

First of all: People hardly care if you live with your family at 23, and about this whole magical "life experience" shit.
Now if you feel more comfortable around people your age, you can always hang out with the postgrads in the university you're at.
But at the same time you keep saying how few experiences you have, so might as well see it this way: Age is but a number, if your mindset is less mature than what this number indicates, perhaps you'll fit right in with the younger people. And if you are having a good time that way, there is absolutely no reason to feel bad about it.

Do it now and go to uni. If you don't, you'll reach 30 and regret that you didn't do it when you were 23.