Should I keep constantly yelling at my kids if it's the only thing they'll respond to?

Should I keep constantly yelling at my kids if it's the only thing they'll respond to?

Attached: 1485220337131.png (163x209, 2K)

You should take them to an ear nose throat doctor...

Why?

Are you my mom and dad?

Attached: 1555218725246.jpg (809x1024, 103K)

No because then they'll learn to tune that out, too, and then nothing will work.

What's happening where you feel you need to yell at them all the time?

kys tripfag holy shit

No. Eventually they’ll grow immune to that too. You have to actually punish them when they don’t listen. Children can smell idle threats from a mile away

A phaeryngeologist?

Get a shock collar.

Fucking disobedient rodents!

No you also punish them, parents in America usually take away things they consider fun like games, privilege to play outside, that kind of thing. 'you're grounded mister' is what they say. Whatever you do don't get the habit of yelling and physically beating them that's only going to make them violent and possibly even submissive to other people. They have to understand their actions have consequences and those consequences are not what they want to experience.

I don't get it. Was this supposed to be haha funny joke?

yes.

>20931904

no, the yell should only be used to get their attention away from whatever misbehavior you're trying to stop. Yell, then immediately drop to calm tone once you have their attention, and continue. Yelling from start to finish for anything except a life threatening lesson is going to get tuned out fairly quickly in my experience .

Yes
Because there's potential if you've been doing it since early development, that they could legit not be hearing you or have a hearing deformity/desensitivity in progress due to you yelling at them? I've seen it happen and the parents can only blame themselves for not picking up on it because "hur dur they're just disobedient and faking!"
No

Nagh, you should always keep them guessing. You don't want predictability. Let them choose which you they end up like. I yell at my kid and shit but trying trying to change things up. If it worked, we wouldn't have to do it all the time. Right now, I'm into dropping shit and going home. Walked away from a cart of shit at target (sorry target) because the fucker was acting like a pussy. That's happened a couple times and seems to be helpful. If it looses value, I'll trying something else but the underlying morals must remain consistent.

No. You need to be more Old Testament with it. Break or give away their toys/phone ( don’t replace them obviously)
Take away their door as a last resort. That kind of thing. Articulate specifically why they are being punished calmly and Exocets the punishment without bending. Don’t give punishment that is temporary ( grounding, taking away phone for a month ect) as this will just teach them to wait instead of listening

no the kids could be having a chronic sinus problem that it fucks up their hearing.

This
Also Op, its a good idea to see a professional about these things. Kids dont always just disobey because it pisses their parents off. It can be a cause of a lack of memory or attentive skills that are developing slower than they should, and pumping meds into them isnt ideal to any parent, so when a child disobeys and its not from a lack of hearing, its good to take things away that they use for fun. Taking away Video games is a perfect example and works waaaay better than screaming or smacking your kid.

Kids hate waiting, even if you break their phones or toys they'll just end up replacing them eventually themselves. Unless your goal is to make them independent, I really don't see the point in doing that. I guess it can depend on the severity of an offense, permanent punishments should be reserved for that kind of offense if used at all.

What do I do if yelling is the only thing they'll respond to?

Was that a joke?

Wait no, it's an Otolaryngologist

Auditory processing disorder?