Showing my Case Against Islam to my Muslim Parents

I'm been an ex-Muslim for a long time and told my parents half a year ago. At first they were a bit upset, but accept it. However they always act as if I will eventually return to Islam and that there is so much to the religion (they want me to return, but not through force). My dad isn't too religious but believes, my mom takes religion seriously, but doesn't practice extremely (e.g. doesn't wear hijab).

I've been thinking of preparing a document outlining every issue I have with Islam using verses from Qu'ran, Hadith (words of Muhammad) and debunking common logical arguments used by Muslims. Sounds fun to write.

Should I actually do this though? I know I'll never be disowned or anything, but I don't want my mom to mentally struggle or feel sad, especially at her age (50) since she thinks more emotionally and loves religion and tradition (in an old-fashioned Western country way, not radical Muslim). My dad will probably be fine with it. I can finally explain my side and show that my beliefs are well-founded.

This a good idea guys?

Attached: maxresdefault (10).jpg (1280x720, 119K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7d16CpWp-ok
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I dont think it is, even when you are correct on many issues you still cant convince people of faith to turn their backs on it. Faith is something that people need and some people like your mom get faith in religion. She maybe wrong but if you love your mom you will understand that this faith gives her happiness.

How would you feel if your document took their faith away?

Don't do the document thing, trust me

I say that's a big no. there doesn't seem to be enough of a reason to explain everything wrong with something that they believe in. if you don't and you say they don't mind I'd leave that be and don't go out of your way to bring the topic up.

I guess I would feel bad. I don't honestly want them to stop being Muslim, they've believed for so long.

Sounds like a waste of time. You can't deal with religion by reasoning, since it's inherently unreasonable. Let them think it's a phase.

Thank God I made this thread. At this point I'm definitely not going to bother with this. I'll still be keeping up with the thread, so any other opinions are welcome.

I wouldn't even focus on debunking islam specifically. Just focus on making a case against theism. I just think it would be easier, because there is nore reading material on the subject, and it would also be less personal because it would be about debunking the entire concept of a diety, and not specifically about a islam and allah.

You should also consider that this is unecessary and just accept that there are always, always going to be theists that look down on secular humanism and agnostic atheism.

some may disagree with me but I, personally, would let me parents keep their faith till the grave. It is one of the few things that give them meaning in life, especially for older generations.

Thing is mr. Haram, the world will always see you as what you are. And because of that you'll eventually be driven back into the disgruntled and angry fold of angry "ex" Muslims like yourself

write it out as a fun exercise if you must. but yeah, if your parents aren't part of the problems, you probably shouldn't bother inviting the chaos in.

youtu.be/7d16CpWp-ok

Attached: 1557942786612.png (788x699, 21K)

Regardless of whether or not you show your parents, you should still make that document and then reflect afterwards on how you feel.

Also, please upload it and link us.

I just leave adults to their shit. People 38ish and up are pretty much locked in their world.
When times change, maybe we'll be in ours, maybe not, but I don't think anything you do will convince them. Like flat-earthers, I think religious people consciously choose this knowing that, in life, there is positively no comeuppance for anything and then you die and it abruptly ends all at once.

dont write it down and give it to them you fucking retard. if anything use it to organize/remember your ideas and confront them verbally

Don't bother OP, you can't convince old religious people and sometimes they rely on their faith as something to fall back on.

Are you fucking retarded? Why would they want to listen to that??
How would you like it if they put the time and effort into forcing you to sit down and listen to 50 reasons why you should convert back to islam? Dont force your parents to sit through your bullshit when they have done the cortesy of letting you be whatever religion you choose.

>my mom takes religion seriously, but doesn't practice extremely (e.g. doesn't wear hijab).
Sounds like your mother is a braindead whore.
Seconded.

little white lies are white for a reason.

when you go through the 12 steps, you apologize to everyone you feel you've wrong unless that apology were to injure them or others. you may feel the need to assert your difference of opinion, but that's probably a want disguising itself as a need under a shroud of contempt, pride, or fear. it would be less selfish to simply avoid the topic.

Im an exmuslim aswell
dont do anything that might hurt ur relationship to ur parents
Dont say anything
Dont say ure ex muslim they wont accept it anyway
Dont fucking convince em because you cant
Get a job and move out asap

Attached: 1201289237.png (652x744, 363K)

I also recommend you don't do it. But writing it down for yourself might be a nice thing.

They accepted you for being exmuslim so you want to then turn around and start shiting on them for being religious. Imagine how you feel when they come to you giving you documents stating why Islam is the truth.

Don't be an idiot and jeporadize your somewhat stable relationship with your parents. There will always be religious people and there's nothing you can do about it. Don't do it believe me.

Honestly a lot of your success with this is going to rely on how you communicate instead of what's being communicated. Facts don't matter to people, even to people who think they think facts matter. I'd also have a very specific idea of what reaction you want and anticipating what their counterarguments might be

Most ex Muslims go back to Islam once they have kids.

Go post that on reddit if you want to get your dick sucked, faggot. This posts reeks of the arrogance of a 18 year old who wants to epically rekt his dumb parents to show them how cool he is. If you had balls you'd keep your beliefs to yourself instead of disappointing your parents. kys