Why can't you block YouTube channels

I prefer alternative or independent media sources rather than MSM when searching for something regarding political news on my phone. wish there was some kind of way I could block all the channels I don't want to see. why isn't this a feature in youtube? is there any group trying to start a petition to make this so. I'd totally be on board for it

Attached: youtube-new-logo.jpg (1280x720, 53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/ParticleCore/Iridium
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bump

you can

You couple probably find some sort of browser plugin to accomplish that

how?
how can I use this on the mobile app?

you can use a browser extension or click the "not interested" button

great question OP. I'm sick of going to youtube and only finding the same trash you see everywhere welse.

just block them on google+
it works for youtube

I mainly use the mobile app and not through my browser. also i think this is a feature that should be part of YouTube, not some 3rd party browser extension. and I believe the 'not interested' function only works on that particular video, not on the whole channel itself.
basically I'm tired of seeing the mass amount of channels spewing out videos when I search a topic. I always see msm: cnn, fox, abc, BBC, BuzzFeed, etc at the top of the list. if I wanted to know what they think I'd just turn on the TV or I'd go to their website, which I'm not interested in.
most popular social media apps you're allowed to block a user if you don't want to see their content ever. this isn't the case with YouTube and it's annoying as fuck.

Attached: youtubeblocker.jpg (1827x713, 542K)

After clicking not interested you can tell them why and on the of the options is "i don't like this channel." Besides the not interested button and an app or browser extension, there's not much you can do about it.

It's time to leave youtube anyway

isn't that option only available if it pops up in your feed? I can't find that option when I do a search.
is there really any better alternative to youtube? seems everything else is dry

how do I do this? I just tried to go to plus.google.com and saw this

Attached: Screenshot_20190408-210516~01.png (720x740, 74K)

I miss pre Jewgle Youtube.
You could watch almost anything there and the only ads were those little banner ads.

yeah I think it's only for the feeds.

bitchute is becoming more popular. It's more dry than youtube, but not going to bitchute for that reason is a self-fulfilling prophecy.

and the algorithm wasn't tailored to msm. it got really bad over the past few years, such a shame but what else would you expect from zog control. I really hope some new video streaming site will come out that won't be kiked

>I really hope some new video streaming site will come out that won't be kiked
I wouldn't count on it.
Video streaming isn't profitable.
It's way more expensive to run than the ad revenue supports.
Jewgle loses hundred of millions on Youtube every year.

I guess im gonna start using it, I just hope it doesn't get kiked eventually like YouTube has been

so jewgle ain't making any money running YouTube? why do they even want to own it then?

>so jewgle ain't making any money running YouTube? why do they even want to own it then?
Because propaganda user.
Big Brother is watching.

wasn't YouTube doing just fine without jewgle before though. plus isn't the only money they're losing from is only companies deciding not to advertise on YouTube. jewgle is still making money, it's just potential money they could have made from advertisers that they lost right?

Use Iridium, it adds a bunch of useful features to YouTube, and the channel blocklist works perfectly
github.com/ParticleCore/Iridium

Attached: tree.jpg (2816x2112, 925K)

this is a 3rd party extension?

Yes, I'm running it as a Greasemonkey script but it is also available as a standalone extension for Chrome and Firefox.

Attached: FDAD455A-E4D4-4E45-A0DA-56E6C91E0C3E.jpg (750x1334, 254K)

what did you press to get to there? this would help me if I knew.

>wasn't YouTube doing just fine without jewgle before though

One thing you have to consider though is that ever since the introduction of cheap and affordable smartphones + higher speed internet access, there's A LOT more people on the internet now. Probably more than triple than there was in 2007. Streaming sites now have to deal with the higher influx of users which equates to astronomical bandwidth costs.