Perscribed Wellbutrin, when is it actually supposed to help?

tldr: Depressed 10+ years only 23 y/o. Get Wellbutrin, take it turn into a zombie. Repeat for about a week.

Is this all it does, just turn me into a zombie? How does that make anything better? I am still completely unable to do anything that is probably causing my depression, just now i cant feel it because my brain is basically turned off.

Attached: 1558246813339.jpg (933x700, 211K)

>How does that make anything better?

it doesn't
it just makes you stop feeling things

anti-depressants don't solve anything

You should already be planning a way to get off of them because being addicted to that shit will fuck you up for the rest of your life.

I’ve been depressed for most of my life but absolutely refuse to be seen about it. Why? Because the research shows science has no fucking clue what it’s doing in regards to most mental health conditions. I’ll let other people be lab rats and I’ll handle my own shit one way or another

Counter point: Zoloft saved my life. Yes I have tried going off and it was hell. Therapy did dick all. Zoloft and weed keep my moderately sane.

Well actually the best anti-depressant therapy we've ever seen was known in the 50s and 60s

LSD and psilocybin use under directed therapy (the combination is important)

nothing has ever come close to the results of this method, but thanks to the fucking war on drugs instead we got shit SSRIs and other garbage that just turns people into zombies.

LSD is the fucking reason we even discovered the serotonin receptors in the brain in the first place!!!

Read the book "How to change your mind" it is an excellent introduction into the subject with a good history and review of the research.

I'm having trouble actually taking it because I don't like how it makes me feel so stopping shouldn't be a problem

Yeah been seeing a therapist and they suggested that it could help but idk

Yeah therapy doesn't seem to be doing much for me at all really, and the meds I just don't like and don't know if it actually gets better.

>How does that make anything better?
SSRI's are like emotional pain killers. They take the pain away, but they don't solve the problem. If you have clinical depression then they can help live a normal life, but you need to find the right brand first.

I never had a normal life. All my life I didn't socialize or do anything other than sit in my room playing games. Now I feel like I'm just so much less of a person because of that and I'm just not happy with it, but I feel like I cant do anything to change it because I'm just that worthless and stupid.

Sounds like you need to
>see a therapist
>get a job
>join a club
>make some friends
in that order.

Also, by the by, normal is relative. If games make you happy then do that. But if you're not happy, you have an obligation to help yourself change. Go be happy.

Seeing a therapist
Have a job
idk what clubs I could possibly join. I live in an area where nothing is really close and anyone who shares any interests I have are extremely rare, at least it seems like

Disregard this advice, OP. There's a lot of people who believe you just have to "will" yourself to happiness. How did that work for Robin Williams and the thousands of others who kill themselves every year?

I make $200K/year at a job I am great at
Been with my gf for 10 years
Have two daughters
Have friends and a small social group
Have zero debt (other than my home)
Still battle depression

There's no logical reason for it as I am living a great life by almost any standard, but it is what it is

So it just never gets better, Im just going to constantly lose the fight to get better?

Then why fight at all?

Because that's life. The gazelle fights not to get devoured by the lion and man fights to not get devoured by himself.

If you are alive, you are winning. You're going to be dead soon enough so why the hurry to get there? For all you know it could be much, MUCH worse.

I think Nietzsche said "To Live is to Suffer, to survive is to find some meaning in the suffering". If Nietzche isn't your jam, here's some Buddhism for you instead. Not Buddhist, but it at least acknowledges that life is supposed to suck (unless you're Tom Brady I guess).

The Four Noble Truths of Buddhism are stated in simple terms as:

Suffering, pain, and misery exist in life
Suffering arises from attachment to desires
Suffering ceases when attachment to desire ceases
Freedom from suffering is possible by practicing the Eightfold Path

in a way that user is correct, but he is articulating it like an emo little bitch who thinks he has all the answers to life while simultaneously justifying his suffering.
it is a mater of perspective.

There's a difference between clinical depression and feeling depressed. If you take SSRI's you might feel better or you might not. They're just a tool to help you build yourself a better life. If they make you feel like a zombie or whatever, tell your therapist.

Also this user is a retard. Robin Williams killed himself because he had Parkinson's, but otherwise led a full and meaningful life.

Give it 4 weeks taking the prescribed dose. If you still feel like utter crao then tell your doctor and try a higher dose of a different SSRI.

It doesn't work for you then because you don't have a dopamine problem. It worked fantastically for me, everything feels better, can enjoy music again.
Just try something else.

Wellbutrin is a ndri by the way, not ssri. Ssri turns me into a zombie, ndri makes me a borderline coke fiend ymmv

>If they make you feel like a zombie or whatever, tell your therapist.
I have told my therapist, they said to keep trying but pay attention to the effects in case they don't go away.

>Give it 4 weeks taking the prescribed dose. If you still feel like utter crao then tell your doctor and try a higher dose of a different SSRI.
4 weeks is a long time, i go back to the doctor in 2 weeks so hopefully by then i will have come to a decision to keep it or drop it.

>It doesn't work for you then because you don't have a dopamine problem.
Then what if it just isnt a chemical problem and none of the meds are going to help?

Robin Williams suffered from clinical depression, as well. Most people who get Parkinson’s don’t kill themselves.

Hey OP. I was on wellbutrin for a couple years yo deal with my depression.
It's meant to shut the feelings down. You should be getting therapy as well.
Your brain is fucked, and when left alone it swamps itself with negative thoughts.
Kinda like a memory leak, you keep making things worse in your head. The medicine helps to stop that. While on the medicine you have to learn ways to deal with the actual cause of your depression. Learn ways that you can cope and focus.
For me I got into model building. It gave me a focus. And the therapy gave me basic tools to deal with feelings. Eventually I made my own method for that. Slowly worked my way off the the meds. I been off the medicine for about 4, maybe 5 years.

Actually the wellbutrin is like morphine, it sedates you, your feelings enough so you can operate on the self. Without them it's like trying to cut open a person that squirming and thrashing about, you really can't safely.

Mind you the recovery work is hard, you have to really break yourself down and see how you tick, then put yourself back together piece by piece. By the end of things you'll likely be someone else.

"how to change your mind" by what author? The first result is some positive psychology shit.

Alexander Pistolitov

Almost all religion and philosophy points towards suffering as being a universal truth to humans.

As does science - Why? We evolved the be that way. We had to have anxiety to survive, now that survival is easy anxiety and an endless thought cycle is killing us.

I hate the Buddhist view - Desire CAN create suffering but for most of us suffering exists even without desire. Unless a Buddhist wants to say desire to not suffer is the suffering which is being spoken about which would then lead quite nicely into Nietzsche.

Okay thank you. I really need to get past the initial side effects its having as I currently have tons of anxiety and nerves when I have to take it because I don't like how it makes me feel. It does seem to be getting better. Just have massive headaches when I take it, and even still currently now many hours after being off them. Just throbbing headache.