Advice for Boxing

>started boxing in March
>been doing it for around 3 months, both group and 1 to 1.
>Subscribe to precisionstriking youtube channel
>Get mad into it
>This week decide to try to spar practice
>Get utterly fucked by my coach
>Hits me head, rib, face, gut
>Literally sent me skidding from a hit
>Says my rythm and defense is really off
>5'4 and 42 kg

Any advice anons? I am not discouraged, in fact I am encouraged to try even harder. I think looking at youtube videos has made me skip the basics, leaving them mad sloppy.

Any tips?

Attached: images (6).jpg (224x224, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/M2qwkSgRtPw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Might be a better thread on /sp/ or /asp/

But I'll throw some advice in since I like boxing and all forms of fighting.
>Don't just Bob and weave left or right. Don't just duck low. Combine both movements and slip duck and weave all at once.

>You're short like me however you are very light. I am 5'5 and 68kg. Used to be 86kg of tiddies. You might want to focus on evasiveness, movement, jabs and counter punching. Or gain weight. Liver shots are your friend but you need power and accuracy for them to work. Since you're a manlet like me get used to slipping towards their right hand and aiming for their liver. You can throw a hook to it like you're throwing a hook to the head because of the height difference and BOOM.

>Learn some good combinations but short ones. Like three to four hit combos. Something good that you can swap out to keep the opponent guessing and keep the pressure on. Or if you decide to go with counter punching learn movements and combinations that make your opponent open.

>Also listen to this while training: youtu.be/M2qwkSgRtPw

I'm more a fan of wrestling now a days, but I can't forget where this all started. Hajime no Ippo and summer of 2014. Also
>Lil Mac
Based.

same user. Ima post some fun boxing gifs to bump this thread.

Attached: Nicolino Locche Boxing Head Movement Compressed.gif (480x360, 2.3M)

Attached: mike 2.webm (450x360, 2.87M)

Attached: mike 1.webm (450x360, 1.85M)

Attached: mike 3.webm (640x480, 2.55M)

>Any tips?

Honestly, yeah.

There is an algorithm that can predict your ability to physically overcome another human being with probably a 99.999999% accuracy rate.

Like, what you're doing is fucking boring to me.

Nobody cares how well you can beat your fists into another human being, user.

That's my tip. Sorry it's not very encouraging.

and that's it.

Attached: Jack dempsey roll.gif (320x242, 2.36M)

Not OP but that algorythm sounds interesting. Any links or resources on that ?

You see he has not taught me the bobbing. Just guard, step forward and back. All the punches sure but the sparring was first proper attempt at application. He wants me to hold a defense stance and go back and forward.

I tried to do 1, 1 and 2 but he was confused why I was doing that. Ny footing also sucked and my endurance is shit due to COPD, havent told him i have it though.

Thanks mind, I got my protein powder which is helping a lot. I love it really. Just want to git gud.

Yeah; it's called "the laws of Physics."

It's super-interesting until it's boring af.

I guess there's always hope that someone will think of something different.

>Boxing with asthma
Mate that might not be the best idea. Half of the damn sport is cardio. But power too you bro. Maybe take hits of your inhaler between rounds?

Take time outside of your classes to teach yourself stuff. Watch fighters that fight similar to you. See what other people do to beat the types that beat you.

Get creative and try out your own stuff too. Then stress test it. That's what sparring is for.

Attached: 1558596685572.jpg (640x609, 66K)

There is no teacher that actually wants you to overcome them.

When it happens, it's because of the student, but convention holds that we pretend it the result of the teachings.

Overcome everything, user. There is nothing you cannot.

:(

Lol; what were you expecting? You're talking about physical combat. You know what the root of that word is?

Yup. It's fucking "physics."

Like, we know the laws of physics by about the time we work out object permanence, sometimes a little longer.

Don't get me wrong: I want to break them, too.

I don't officially got Asthma, just shitty lungs due to prematurity. But thanks. Right now though im trying to emulate pros or videos but seemingly only superficially. My fundamentals are pretty bleh. But thanks.

I don't intend to but I want to get to a decent level in terms of technique. Thanks for the words of encouragement both of you, funnily enough better than what I got from the other section.

Aw, man... and I totally just remembered something that would break the laws of physics, but it's too large to fit in the margins of Jow Forums...

Like, it was something big, though. Like your mom. Like my dick. Like my dick to your mom.

That big.

I think it was a logical repudiation of existence as that which is bound by a being that is limited to the Higgs boson. I mean, that would reduce everything to a particle, and I think we all know that any being of light is both wave and particle.

So, I guess I have no idea why I have to be so profane and absurd, but I hope you're laughing.

If you're not... well, I am, so sorry-not-sorry.

Kek.

How do the law of physics determine who you can overcome and who will overcome you?

So, when you're born into a body, it has certain limitations.

You discover them as you grow older, but one of them is the degree to which you have physical mastery over others on the planet.

Maybe you have some physical talent in a game that others respect, but otherwise this means straight-up brawling for physical mastery in terms of who can beat down other people in a vicious, painful, and most likely life-threatening sense.

Do you really not know this? I don't know how you don't know this, and I feel kind of dumb explaining it.

But yeah. People who can murder you with their bare hands tend to overcome you, and humans have been sort of trapped in this cycle basically forever, and hopefully everybody is really bored with it.

So this user who is projecting his own issues onto the universe is really derailing this thread so getting back on track here...

>Says my rythm and defense is really off

Try pivoting. Look into some more Eastern style Martial Arts Classes or at the very least look up some Tai chi lessons on YouTube. Try to get more in tune with your body.

Focus less on power, more on awareness. user above is right that physics has a lot to do with success in fighting but doesn't realize there's so much more to the equation than just raw power.

>source: knew a chick who was 5'3" and ~100ls but could take down men and women much bigger than her because not only did she understand how body mass and physics worked but also because she was hyper fucking aware of everything and was in tune with her own body.

Commendable for you to pick up a a new sport OP, hopefully you are enjoying it

Attached: 1580146542422035.png (500x380, 214K)

he's your coach dumbass
even if you get thrice as better as now he's still gonna split your wig

I will look into pivoting for sure. But I also "run out of gas" really quickly so breathing is another issue too. There is a LOT to work on. But thanks man, will also see what I can do with awareness but I feel that is well beyond my current state. Thanks for the advice and kind words

I have zero intention in beating him. Just knowing im doing things right

>Do you really not know this? I don't know how you don't know this, and I feel kind of dumb explaining it.
I was just wondering . I trained kung fu for 4 years, now at muay thai for 4 and tried out various other martial arts (boxing, judo, bjj, kickboxing), most friends of mine are into martial arts. I've seen tons of fights and had tons of sparring sessions and can fairly say I know some stuff about fighting.

There are countless factors for who can overcome who. A lot of it is physical, but there are tons of mental and situational aspects and sheer luck and chance. Anything can happend and any good fighter knows and prepares for this

Pic related is what will happen to your brain.
>inb4
Watch any video interview with any retired boxer if you dont trust me. They have trouble making longer sentences.

Attached: brain after sport.png (980x500, 376K)

I am not looking to fight mega competitive, it is just a hobby.

Why not... ask your instructor as to where specific weaknesses like and how you might directly address them?

Any hit to the head makes little damage. And the damage is PERMANENT and adds up over the time. Brain really really really doesnt like any impacts whatsoever. There are other sparring sports where your brain stays safe. Judo?

And really, it isnt big surprise that dude who trained boxing for 20+ years can beat newbie.

He is Chinese and we talk primarily through a translator app or wechat. Since most drilling is visual, it is just a case of me copying him.

I appreciate the concern but fortunately he was not Mike Tyson level and I am just practicing mostly against a non retaliatory bag.

That probably explains why you arent used to real life opponent. Because the bag doesnt try to evade, parry or even block.

Then I've got some good tips for you
>join an actual boxing gym
>train with actual people
>spar with actual people
What you're doing sounds like a rip off
Source: I'm