Reddit?

Has Reddit always been a liberal echo chamber?

Attached: 0sdpjdwj63wnkjgleug7.png (400x400, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/pol/search/tripcode/!!OfX/2B3YPug/
web.archive.org/web/20050924142700/http://reddit.com/
web.archive.org/web/20050930214624/http://reddit.com:80/
web.archive.org/web/20051003215946/http://www.reddit.com:80/
web.archive.org/web/20060204184021/http://reddit.com/
web.archive.org/web/20150703055803/reddit.com/r/coontown
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No, only after they systematically banned all right wing subreddits and outlawed right wing speech

Yeah, but even supposedly neutral subs like r/politics are a bunch of Clinton shills circle jerking each other.

It's five faggots jerking each other off and inflating how many visitors it gets. If it were to be audited, it would fail.

Was that around r/fatpeoplehate time?

It was even more a liberal echo chamber about 7 years ago. It briefly swung nearer the right for a while but is now swinging back to the left as a consequence of mod action.

Attached: reddit_r_slash_politics.gif (1221x768, 1.37M)

>outlawed right wing speech
ah, that's a good thing, wish we'd do that around here as well

Attached: epic_14.gif (775x510, 824K)

r/conservative still exists though ... and it's openly a right-wing echo chamber that bans opposing views.

I only knew of Reddit and Jow Forums two years ago, but I can't stand Reddit. Too much dishonesty, bots, and double standards.

Reddit circa 2012 was basically Glenn Greenwald Fans Dot Com as far as politics was concerned. Then GamerGate and The_Donald happened, but Reeeeeddit got a ton of bad press as a result and started clamping down.

Some far left subs got banned or quarantined too like FULLCOMMUNISM.

Shareblue insider posted on pol back in 2017. He told us Reddit CEO Steve Huffman sold the echochamber Jow Forumspolitics to the company for 2.8 million dollars right before the 2016 election. At the time most of the moderators on the subreddit was swapped out.

archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/152440960/ ID: lerIYP4K

archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/152461584

archive.4plebs.org/pol/search/tripcode/!!OfX/2B3YPug/

Attached: file.png (1296x186, 56K)

Yes that was the nail in the coffin.

O it used to be libertarian text, like hardcore.

I meant libertarian tech

All the people on Reddit literally believe that Russia is responsible for Hillary losing and the reason the media gets so much hate. I am not making this shit up; there was an entire subreddit called r/Mueller and even after the report came out they were still pushing the most retarded conspiracy theories I have ever heard in my life.

you're reminding me of 2014 reddit

Yet another non-political thread about another site. Shit like this is why Jow Forums exist.

Attached: 5246824131686.gif (237x240, 1.95M)

I have the memory that it used to be liberal back in the day, but now it's definitely full of leftist authoritarians that use the liberal idea of freedom as an excuse to destroy western culture. AKA liberals of the 2010's.

*downvotes your stupid opinion*

kys nigger

some people over there believe it, but it's backed up by a lot of bots upvoting comments and any narrative breaking comments gets buried. It's funny how some of the subs are protected by Reddits karma system. If you are unfortunate enough to utter wrong think you will end up with - karma which means your posts wont even show up for anyone but yourself. You can test it out by checking your comment in incognito mode.

>Has Reddit always been a liberal echo chamber?

As long as i've remembered it existing. First time I ever heard of it was when it was being retarded in 2011/2012 and repackaging Jow Forums memes.

Attached: 1548577877406.jpg (400x302, 24K)

Just reading these comments show how young and stupid many people are here. Reddit at the time digging was King was a male tech focused site. I didn't pay much attention to politics at the time but in the younger days Ron paul was fucking huge there.

Here is 2005: web.archive.org/web/20050924142700/http://reddit.com/

2005: web.archive.org/web/20050930214624/http://reddit.com:80/

2005: web.archive.org/web/20051003215946/http://www.reddit.com:80/

2006: web.archive.org/web/20060204184021/http://reddit.com/

J could go on but it was a vastly different site concerned with tech, some worldnews and light on politics.

*downvotes*
*reports*
Dear mods,
MODS THIS GUY IS BEING RACIST

Yeah, Reddit isn't very transparent with how karma works. Allegedly this is to make it harder for bots to game the system. Allegedly.

Seriously though props to Jow Forums for being probably the biggest site out there that has yet to succumb to this.

No. They chased all non libs out several years back.

It will happen eventually I fear.

It was libertarian until 2008, roughly in line with its predecessor slashdot.

aside from the stormers here, reddit used to have the same political views of Jow Forums at the time
once people learned how easy it was to manipulate Internet forums for marketing, reddit turned a hard left when Jow Forums went right

I wouldn't consider r/ImGoingToHellForThis, r/The_Donald, r/circlejerk, r/kotakuinaction, then the two Jow Forums subs to be liberal.

Maybe, but I could see Jow Forums holding out all the way until the ISPs attack. Or until Democrats try to start legislating """hate""" off the Internet.

I would

Arcon is decent. The guy who used to run Jow Forumslibertarian was one of our guys but the kike admins made a move against him.

I still miss Physical_Removal, it was the only sub I ever found legitimately comfy in its own right.

In what way

r/politics is literally owned by Democrat contractors

down vote

r/niggers was still around after fat people hate...

They still admire and seek approval of progressives. R4chan is full of faggots afraid of this place.

r/niggers
r/coontown
r/fatpeoplehate
r/european
Were all based

That was the time when SJW's were contained in their own sub (r/SRS). Now it's the whole website. I'm convinced tumblr invaded that website

They also had very good AMA's with victoria. Then they fired her and hired a literal sheboon who typed in ebonics when interviewing celebrities

Yeah that's fair. It's pretty obvious that they aren't all in either because otherwise they'd be banned from reddit.

Would be a shame if something were to happen to that website.

not really, but now that the pedos had to leave tumbler it is

It's worth noting that reddit has been owned by American media firm Condé Nast since 2006. Also owned by Condé Nast are; Allure, GQ, The New Yorker, Vanity Fair, Vogue, Wired, Ars Technica, Glamour, Pitchfork and Teen Vogue, among others. The companies CEO is a man named Robert A. Sauerberg. You can draw your own conclusions about what a company like this might think about wrong-thinking groups existing on their platform.

The faggots at r/the Donald banned me for the slightest question about the juden. Its retarded. All I said was that cube thing at mecca looks alot like the cube on head shit the Jews wear. I'm on there a bit for r/metaCanada. It's not completely cucked and there is some good canuck content there.

It's actually there to make it easier for the sanctioned bots to game the system

Pretty much since Obama campaigned on his first term, so yeah.

Lot of Ron Paul stuff back in the day then liberals learned internet worked and took over reddit.

Reddit has way more right-wingers than Jow Forums, the difference is you guys are incels.

Reddit is in the process of abandoning it's highly successful hands-off generic forum style and turning to a kind of Facebook like groups system complete with IM and various reactions (the invite, those ones you pay money for). I think it's 50/50 as to whether they can get enough dipshit women posting stupid shit to really increase traffic or if they'll get some of those dip shits but hemorrhage more and more normal users and slide down the site rankings.

I think the latter as they have alienated most core people from before digging, and many of the digging refugees. They will push the new design and lock out the old way pushing more out and try and siphon FB users. It's not a long term winning move but it is safe.

I just wonder where everyone went. I haven't visited Reddit in months but Are has a comment section so fucking pozzed I don't like visiting. The new owners of slashdot have been incredibly transparent in their use of left wing politics for site content. It won't let you post nigger there any ore if you can believe it. (LONG LIVE THE GNNA!). Hacker News is decent for tech stuff and has amazingly not gone turbo pozz but it can be boring. Fark is probably the pozzed site on the net and without subbing you can't get comments in early enough to stir the pot and have fun.

What is left? I like voat and try and post non schizo content so others searching might stay but I really want to know where all of us early to mid aughts people went.

Attached: 1554706213164.jpg (836x543, 158K)

The whole internet is

>digging, and many of the digging refugees
Fuck autocorrect btw
Digg was fun for a moment.

Probably because they criticized zionism. Being full anti-white is okay with Reddit.

We need a decent .onion link sharing site with lawful moderation but otherwise everything is game. Something censorship resistant but still somehow keeps the pedos and schizos away.

Attached: 1552325190471.jpg (1200x630, 25K)

Yes.

You also have to remember that the more corporate that it gets, the more susceptible it is to pressure from advertisers. Any red-pilled subs are going to get rooted out so that the company can continue to grow.

The result is a site that is only slightly more awake than MSM. You can occasionally find true content in certain subs but you've got to hope it doesn't get pulled down by a mod or brigaded by one of the leftist subs.

Just look at something like the Sam Harris subreddit. It's been completely taken over by a group of people who's only purpose is to make him look bad - they don't even engage with his ideas anymore.

Attached: reddit mods.jpg (600x339, 58K)

you'll get manually shadowbanned long before your karma is an issue.

it wasn't tumblr, it was a lot of top-down money from democrats and leftists tech people. remember the gook cunt feminist CEO? she didn't land that job organically.

Only since r/coontown was banned
web.archive.org/web/20150703055803/reddit.com/r/coontown

Fuck no. You've got no idea how amazing the place was 8-9 years ago. It was the shiiiiiit. Mostly high IQ people who were working IT back when females being on the internet was actually rare af and you knew pretty much every person was an adult. People actually obeyed the upvote and down vote system(upvote if someone says something that's relevant to the discussion regardless of if you agree with it, downvote shitty off topic replies) which led to great discussion and debate and furthering of knowledge. Also people were hardcore Grammer Nazis so it insured you proof read everything, and it was kind of intimidating to post. All the cool shit that happened came about organically, not because of shills or retards hunting karma or trying to go viral. Back then Twitter was what we referred to as "normies". Interface for the website was not normie friendly in the early days which I think kept alot of the rift raft out. I think it was around the time of the stonetear post to r/techsupport that the big wigs finally understood how big Reddit was and started the switch. I think Ellen Pao came in soon after that and wrecked it even worse(not totally her fault because she had the job of trying to monetize it which is notoriously difficult). Also they got rid of Victoria who was the mod who did all the AMA's. She was great at her job and as soon as she left shit went down hill as well.

Attached: 5dn08ek7hmcz.png (1343x932, 177K)

I miss grammar Nazis. Everyone bastardizing my language triggers me more than a scale does a fat woman.

Depends on the subreddit

The people are mostly real I'm afraid. Just look at your colleges. I believe the gook's purges were big news all over the internet and because of that attracted the people who supported it (tumblrites), thus destroying the website.

Yeah nigger jokes were upvoted back then. This gif was posted all over the website back then

Attached: tenor.gif (300x268, 635K)

>Leaf
>Redditor
Why am I not surprised

Attached: 1483404218513.jpg (225x169, 8K)

Me too bud me too. It just another bi product of the smartphone era

You used to be able to have reasonable discussion on reddit about many things, even politics.
Since 2014-2015 it's been a complete shit show though.

Fucking kek. I vaguely remember that.

The jew always allows controlled opposition. A few conservative hives where the same jews also aggressively keep filtered gives the illusion that the jew is actually "being fair."

The moment you step out of containment your entire account is shadowed. The jew keeps the wrongthing contained instead of spilling out into the main propaganda boards.

If the (((conservatives))) on Plebbit gave a damn they wouldn't stick to containment. Instead it gives a retarded hive of kike-puppets playing the role of "evil wypipo" and selected constantly for screenshots and evidence for more jew propaganda.

It's all fake, leaf.

Another question is why are people from Jow Forums afraid to talk about their point of view when not anonymous?

The Donald was consistently reaching the front page. And Reddit saw this and deliberately changed how their upvote system calculates points before it was literally to prevent from reaching the front page.It used to be one upvote was actually +1 point and -1 point. So the number equal those pluses and minuses. Now the added a weighted value based off karma and other values. The people with the most karma tended to lean left. Suddenly you saw things that got only hundreds of upvotes start going into the thousands. Some of this was due to increased website population but the numbers don't add up.

reddit is a gay meat up board for quickie hook ups.

Imagine complaining about echo chambers on Jow Forums of all places

Attached: 6E762A4A-0CFB-4940-9C38-D2972E65FFFC.jpg (36x36, 2K)

That was the only good one of recent memory.

I miss her. The way she typed those out was like it was the actual person speaking.

I visit Reddit as well but it "dies" because it is controlled because profits come first, not you people. They control your future because of dollars flowing at them and they dont give a fuck about you.

I was in those threads, he dropped a lot of names

Attached: willis.jpg (400x400, 42K)

Tried sharing those links on reddit. Didn't take long before every comment containing them was shadowbanned

I got banned here once for pic related. They don't like exposure

Attached: 1495098558801.jpg (1200x1200, 775K)

It's always been a echo chamber where rightwingers and leftwingers congregate on their own different subreddits
It's pretty gay