Britain why?

Why are you doing this bongs?
>American parents are noticing their little ones adopting British accents after watching "Peppa Pig," a popular children’s TV show about a female pig and her animal friends.
>Janet Manley, a mother of two, coined the sudden mimicking of the British accent the “Peppa Effect” after her daughter began calling her “mummy” during an hours-long flight to Australia.
>Up until the age of 20 months, my daughter was a pristine developmental specimen, untouched by screen-time. Then we flew to Australia,” Manley wrote for Romper, a website for millennial mothers. “After 21 hours of flight time spent binge-watching Peppa Pig episodes on the iPad, my kid had adopted Peppa Pig’s plum British accent, calling me ‘Mummy”
>Best thing that Noah does these days is speak in a British accent b/c of Peppa Pig,” film critic Clayton Davis tweeted last month. “2 days ago, he came to me, & said “Daddy, I want to sit on your lap and use the computer”#PeedMyPants," one user wrote.
>Yeah I can vouch for the #PeppaEffect in our house. Tayla absolutely lapses into a slight Brit accent and vocabulary, and uses the word "straightaway" more than I ever have in my life! Daddy, when we get home do I have to go to bed straightaway?" said another.

foxnews.com/entertainment/is-peppa-pig-causing-american-children-to-speak-with-british-accent

Attached: 74C6EC54-2BCF-4FD4-874A-C99A2406D65B.jpg (750x910, 147K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/iLNEN
autismag.org/news/could-tv-show-peppa-pig-be-harmful-for-children/
youtube.com/watch?v=5wSw3IWRJa0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

you can thank us later :^)

Fun fact: Sometimes people with Asperger's have really weird accents because they pronounce words however they first heard them, usually on TV.

>Pig
No worries m8, it will soon be jihaded off the air.

It’s to counter the spic waves, Americans must start adopting accents in order for us to defeat them.

based

This has been a thing since radio/tv.
Every generation's accent becomes a little more homogenized than the previous generation's because of exposure to media outside of their own region.
It's just accelerating now because kids spend more and more time watching media content, and a wider variety of content at that.

Kids going to grow up to be a furry anyway

watched hot fuzz in 7th grade and developed the autistic british accent phase

the fuck? do they watch peppa pig 24h a day or what?

Actually it was watching top gear.

When ever I get drunk I slip into a british accent.

My cousin has a 5 year old daughter who watches that show, and has adopted a british accent. I hear my uncle talk about how strange it is all the time. She even refers to flashlights as "torches".

They are raising Loyalists. You thought Brits lost the Revolutionary War? Think again.

Gotta get ‘em young. Lead with video games and then tell them about Sonicfox and how cool it is to play Smash brothers in a fursuit.

Attached: 5212C754-1173-4B8B-B8A7-D7032D1D4D0C.jpg (692x849, 76K)

Which british accent you fat sloppy sack of shit

they've already been trying

Attached: peppa.png (1000x694, 363K)

>Couple singing Peppa Pig tune to toddler 'forced off bus after complaints they were being racist' because it goes against Muslim pork ban

archive.fo/iLNEN

Important thread.

Crusty jugglers...

Maybe lazy faggot parents shouldn't just abandon they're children to the electric Jew for 10 hours a day

I live in PA and we say "Mum" here, maybe the family is Pennsylvania

cahn't be bovvered m8, cahn't be bovvered

absolutely B O N G E D

>foreign kid shows
I remember being completely enamored with the Big Comfy Couch as a kid. Damn Canadians gave me a clowngirl fetish.

Attached: DizzyOpulentHerring-size_restricted.gif (327x251, 2.5M)

It's true. Just look at Southern accents. Back in my day, Georgia, Alabama, Arkansas, Kentucky, Tennessee, they all had distinct accents and you could place a man by his cadence and inflection without error. Down to the county, if you had a good ear and had traveled a bit. Now there are two Southern accents, "Generic Redneck" and "Texas."

do bongs actually make all the content aimed at small children ? every baby show I can think of was made in the UK, except maybe one or two made in Canada.

Attached: images(10).jpg (287x176, 11K)

Lmao kill me now

Attached: 249ABE65-F367-4E97-BAF2-AC6B4D7E6EFE.gif (320x218, 1.5M)

British children’s tv is trying to get Americans to speak and spell more British like, they saw the opportunity and took it. It’s just determining why?

How dare you! Fucking bigot!

>tayla

Criiiinge

Hot fuzz
7th grade
I need to leave this place

This is revenge for the American Revolution I tell you! Revenge!!!!

Teletubbies were friggin weird, man. I remember I used to cry for some reason every time that sun baby would set.

Sometimes I wonder if that show had adverse effects on me.

Implying that s a bad thing...American english sounds at best Vanilla and at worst retarded.

>Imb4 how long untill they start pushing gay slang in kids cartoons

Attached: 1522541207705.jpg (1018x1024, 163K)

>Loonette was a fucking leaf
Well that explains a lot. Back when my little sister was 4 and obsessed with that show, I thought I hated it because it was pablum. Turns out I could sense the vile Canadian-ness of it.

Probably the Yorkshire accent because that’s the region where Jermey Clarkson grew up in.

I remember her! She said was fun!!!!

What's the deal? People in the UK randomly blurt out Americanisms over here because of the swaths of US television.

They're trying to make us as feminine as possible, the American accent is more aggressive and masculine.

Yep, I have a Texas accent, but it's not nearly as thick as my dad's accent.

In addition to media, talking to people from other regions affects your accent too, which has greatly increased thanks to the internet and to a lesser degree from migration.

For revenge.

Attached: wedrewfirstblood.png (629x160, 15K)

Isn't the American accent actually closer to the original British accent before 19th century education made all the British learn the posh way of speaking?

Britian is trying to reclaim you, Mutterica

Communists can't be based and redpi-

autismag.org/news/could-tv-show-peppa-pig-be-harmful-for-children/

You can't be serious mutt are you seriously implying JC has a "yorkshire accent"

this show is intolerant to british muslims.
we must work to have it removed from the air

Attached: BannerB.png (469x280, 204K)

OI MATE, YOU GOT A LICENCE FOR THAT HOG?

I would not worry about the accent as it will go away. I would worry about what kind of subliminal messages are stuck in the story lines. Remember they start the indoctrination early.

Attached: teevee.jpg (500x384, 43K)

Yes and no. Brits don't have a uniform accent today and damn sure didn't 50, 100, or 300 years go. That said, the non-rhoticity(not pronouncing an R at the end of a word) of posh London accents slowly spread outward through the parts of the world that 1) received immigration/colonization from those regions which had already adopted said non-rhoticity and 2) were heavy trading partners the British in the late 18th and 19th century. The reason Americans and Canadians don't sound like Aussies or Bongs is mainly due to when and where our Britbong ancestors came from. Pretty much only New England was settled by Southeastern Britain in the beginning. The south was settled by northern English borderers, Scotch Irish, and Southwestern English. Canada is a mishmash of everywhere as a result of them having to take in our loyalist refugees after the Revolution. You can hear in their accents that they sound more Irish and Scottish, which would make sense seeing how they have Nova Scotia and we have New England. In addition, there was probably some alteration of English in America once we had large non-English speaking populations like the Pennsylvania Dutch or the millions of immigrants in the 19th century, though I personally think it's very overblown. Being a foreigner was looked down upon to such a degree back then that people actively sought to keep their children from speaking German or Swedish at home. An "accentless" burger has always been a good burger outside of the south. Only heavily rooted regional identities resist the homogenization.

Attached: rhoticity.png (667x438, 130K)

Next thing you know these kids will be prostitues with Muslim pimps

>autismag.org/news/could-tv-show-peppa-pig-be-harmful-for-children/
I'm sure "Zeeshan Mecci" has no ulterior motives whatsoever in writing an article like this about a cartoon featuring a pig as the protagonist.

You're next, schlomo

Attached: 455937178_173560.jpg (787x1280, 137K)

Becca Bomb would be a good one yelling alluh ackbars.

this is child abuse ngl
in multiple ways

Attached: l2xvkcz0t4c21.png (2184x992, 191K)

No the kids are just genuinely retarded

OI

how is this even news? you aren't a certified North American until you've mocked the British accent. Kids talk like that because they think it sounds funny

Every day I find out I'm a little more autistic than the last, thanks

What a load of shit. There are tens of distinct accents in Britain despite TV airing for decades and primarily featuring accents from the South East of England.

Maybe the kid was absorbing the spirit of Australia and was practicing irl shitposting.

I can hear a faint yorkshire twang in his accent but you wouldn't notice it unless you were from here
his accent is relatively upper class

Crikey!
What a strange thing to call a brightly-stick!

Am I the only one that regularly speaks to myself in an English accent?
It flows off the tongue easier

youtube.com/watch?v=5wSw3IWRJa0
that's what it's called though

why is this a bad thing?

BHBBHBOMG FHFCI BRITISH!!!
HELP HELP HELP!!!

Whoever wrote this article, I hope your family gets tortured and suffers a horrendous death.

Let the kids speak British!

Get em told bergstein THIS IS A Good Thing!!!

Attached: 1554576198340.jpg (400x188, 37K)

>this show is intolerant to british muslims.
>we must work to have it removed from the air
British Muslims are intolerant of the west.
We must work to remove them from westrn society.

Attached: islamaphobia reverse.jpg (500x491, 70K)

>British comedy
Disgusting

Unrelated, but I was watching a documentary about Vietnam yesterday, at what point did we lose our quintessential American accent? Y'know, the one you always hear in pre-80s movies, that sounds slightly like a Chicagoan trying to talk through his teeth?

fuck

I cannot stop saying dog as "dawg" I don't even remeber what fuckin movie i saw as a kid with an actor that had a Bostonian accent

Americans #pigged again

Attached: 1D0D3193-1F40-48E1-9FCF-B662F91C3133.jpg (750x1063, 414K)

You should be appreciative I'm sticking up for you guys.

I love you UK, faggot.

I always pronounce "prick" with a Boston/New York accent thanks to growing up with mafia movies. "It's just a pin prick, ya fuckin prick".

Peppa going wild.
Should she become a new Jow Forums mascot to anger normies?

That's weird as fuck. But I have noticed a lot of Americans picking up some Britishisms lately. I blame Game of Thrones.

The show will be over soon, seems too haram for the british caliphat

This.

Oh God, there's going to be rule34 peppa pig isn't it?

jej

Tavistock

Funniest thing I've heard all week.

I don't like it. Americans getting into soccer and acting like tribal wankers over their team is so try-hard. Who in their right mind wants to imitate European soccer fans.

>why
Because retarded parents let their kids get taught through the television

It's a psyop to produce neo loyalists to the British crown so Great Britain can reclaim the northeast as a colony.

Just imagine a full on america soccer riot.
Ersatz greggs in one hand and multiple rounds of ammunition rampagingly fired from the other.
Truly inspirational.

>Peppa Pig
Funny how this is currently the most interesting thread on Jow Forums

>Should she become a new Jow Forums mascot to anger normies?
Then we would get some roasty clown type claiming Pepe was hers and a thing of the left for happiness with clown hair, and how we have perverted him.

correct. peppa pig is the saviour of the empire

>pig
>furry
user...

Good. All children should speak with the purity of the English language accent. I sometimes even see the roughest chav mothers with their little angels speaking so eloquently, it breaks my heart to know that soon they shall adopt the vile prole tongue.

Received British Prounciation = Intelligence, class and a purity of spirit.

Attached: Queen White Mount.png (1122x633, 805K)

>watching football
>supporting a team
>screaming at the screen
>getting emotional about the result
low IQ as fuck I have no idea how anyone gets so into it

It isn't usually TV, but becasue Aspergers hear tones as part of the word, like Asians do, so they tend to pronounce the word always with the same tone. Which with a non tonal language like English, they either speak with idiosyncratic tones or with flat tones. When they speak a langauge like Chinese, they sound 100% normal.

They are spreading thier mental cuckness to your kids via the magic box
Smash that box and destroy the digital redcoats!

Cool, American accent fucking sucks

Why the fack we want or kids talking Loike posh cunts ya fackin poof?

Attached: C98F0C36-62B2-4CAC-B4C2-E0C8F46E7CF0.jpg (640x379, 33K)

Same here in ENGERLAND.
The regional accent is all but dead in the souf.
No longer is there a distinct Hampshire or Cornish, but now is generic southern (which is how I speak).
Cockney is almost dead.
The Norf has retained some of it, but even now it's dying.

HAHAHAHA!

Then don't get Pissed when we call it "soccer," or don't give a fuck about the sport.

Actually, you're just talking shit because you're trying to egg us on about getting competitive about it.

Maybe we should.

Pies here are 99% fruit, so they'd be rampaging around with a can of PBR and a strawberry flan.