What activities to do when you're new in town

>be me 27
>moved across the country a few months ago

I don't know anyone - what activities can I do to meet people? Tried MeetUp to no success so far and will continue to do so. I also went to a few paid courses, but people usually come in groups which makes it so goddam hard to join in.
How do folks date these days? I fucking hate Tinder

Attached: Moving-day.jpg (450x299, 8K)

I didn't move anywhere and I'm basically in the same position these days. I honestly don't know.

Bump

Dance classes.
Volunteer.

cold approach

Free outdoor events

>no success so far
what do you mean? how do you fuck up meetup?

>Dance classes.
>Volunteer.

This.

Same I've tried going into the city alone and its hard as fuck I don't know anyone and sometimes random onions boys try and shame me for being out by myself I just don't wanna spend a whole summer Alone again I'm only 21

Feel this, I've talked to people casually in bars but it's difficult to properly make friends in a new place.

Go to dentist and say you are new in town. Those teeth cleaning bitches have all the information.

You have a job yet?

"No success" as in making lasting connections.

I moved because I got offered a job

I think that you should go door by door saying the neighbors that you are a registered sex offender as the judge said.

i can vouch. met my best friend at the bar actually

>go out with coworkers
>join an amateur sport team
>go to a bar
>go to a dance club

The last two are pretty hard if you're alone but I've gotten laid at bars and clubs by myself several times. I think your best bet is to join a sports team and make them your new bros, go out with them and get involved with their various social networks. I suggest baseball as it's a very casual game that takes some skill but can be done passably without much physical conditioning.

Thanks for your input. Tbh my end goal isn't to get laid but to find a circle of friends to hang out with. Once a week I go with my coworkers for after-work but the jungest one is 15 years my senior.
I'll try a dancing course. Any tips on what to volunteer?

>what to volunteer?
Whatever you can be genuinely passionate about. You just can't fake it because the other people there will definitely be able to sniff it out.
Animal Shelters are the best bet, though.

I’m moving across the country in 2 months, I’m 28. Bumping for interest

I did the animal shelter thing, but none of the girls that volunteer there are cute

So go find another one in a nearby city?

>Dance classes
Horrifying to me but yeah, probably pretty good if you're up for it.

>Volunteer
Done that. It's alright but a lot of volunteers are retirees.

OP here, thanks everyone for answering. Guess I'll go dancing and start volunteering.