The flavorless American agriculture crisis

This is something big that rarely seems to be discussed. A very quick rundown:

>Many agricultural items (fruits/vegetables/etc.) are watery, bland, and lack flavor
>This has serious nutritional implications - flavorless vegetables literally have fewer vitamins than flavorful ones:

scientificamerican.com/article/soil-depletion-and-nutrition-loss/

>This is due to a number of factors related to modern American agriculture - soil overuse/depletion, early harvesting before ripening to prevent rot in long-term warehouses before sale, the selection/engineering of foods for shape and size rather than taste

As a result, much of the produce sold in the US is close to worthless. Fat pale stalks of celery that taste like water. Huge plump strawberries that might as well be made of sawdust. Hard thick carrots that actually taste BITTER. Why is this not regarded as a national crisis? Why does America tolerate this?

Attached: celery-at-store-usda-lance-cheung[1].jpg (1200x795, 246K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dinafem.org/en/blog/cannabis-regenerate-soils-contaminated/
researchgate.net/.../230527515_Study_on_Modification_and_Test_Technol...
mdpi.com/2071-1050/9/4/659/pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=xY7m4KzYR4Q
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demeter_International
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bioland
animalsaustralia.org/.../food-dye-food-lies-poison-gas-chemical-dyes.php
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jus_sanguinis
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There is poison in the food, the air, the water.

It’s over.

Attached: 2B415EAF-D801-48B8-9B99-4E3D2B4CCBEF.jpg (1200x1874, 818K)

>Why does America tolerate this?
We have really good hamburgers

It also has to do with our produce coming from across the world so it is picked before it is actually ripe. They quick ripen it with ethylene gas before we get it. Grow your own garden user. Now is the time to start seedlings indoors. Everything you grow at home will taste better and be more nutritious.

Because farmers know how to make their crops look better which is what sells, never mind that when you bite into it there is zero nutritional value, they already took your money.

The only solution is to grow your own food.

Because they don't have a choice.
Economically, educationally, culturally, they don't have a choice.
The rich can buy better produce, the intelligent understand the need to, the outsiders buy from outside the established system or grow their own.
The common people can't afford better food, they are too stupid to understand the need to, they are conditioned to buy their food from the giant supermarkets that sell this shit.

Attached: p0gt0jDUhv1ql8t12o1_1280.jpg (1280x1707, 388K)

Good thread

Why did Monsanto manufacture agent orange if they are friendly guys?

what were the breakfast cereals they sterilised people with?

When plants are grown correctly, together. They strengthen each other and improve the soil. You can have bountiful harvests in your back yard with minimal effort. Even fresh herbs for cooking can be easily grown on a window sill.

Attached: IMG_1295.jpg (736x872, 175K)

>watery, bland, and lack flavor
Nigga, you mean vegetables?

Literally this. We're all affected, and effectively poisoned.

We will die in our 50's or 60's most likely.

Go to a farmers market you absolute retard

It's actually available in my area from farmer's markets and some of the "ethnic" stores (Mexican ones, for example), but most people are fine with the mass-market garbage from major retail chains.

>implying there is anything wrong raining agent orange down on charlie

Have you not eaten a wild strawberry before?

Yeah, bullshit. They're only pushing these articles to give an explanation as to why vegan diets are failing: it must be the soil depletion, goy! The plants are the same as they've always been: shit for humans.

Eat meat, drink water.

should we tax agricultural water usage to fuck with California more?
t. Texan on Gulf Coast

Produce at a farmers market isn't that much more. Ghetto niggers just don't give a fuck and yuppies want organic stamped on everything

It's actually not as bullshit as you think. Same thing is seen in livestock.

Heritage breeds were bred for tons of weird shit, including tasting good. So, instead of getting dank ass cows that have great fat marbling, we're getting cows that mature in the quickest possible time to the greatest weight.

There's an organic section if you care about these things.
Daily vitamin has existed for decades.

The main reason agriculture is facing soil depletion and nutrition loss is because of KOSHER FOOD.
Jewish food standards are destroying the ecosystem.

This. Some based dude who worked at a live history museum told me about this when i worked there for a little

Um, it's commonly known agriculture has declined since industrial farming took hold and quota out weighed quality farming methods.

Not only that but you have to ask yourself why Agriculture is so in bed with the Military Industrial Complex...

I mean ammonium nitrate can propel jets and also be used as fertiliser

It's because you eat imported unripe vegetables.
You Americans bleach your eggs to make them white, you have that clean-food culture.
What you want to do is litterally feed your kids a spoon of dirt to compensate your germs free alimentation.

There was an article in Gardner's World Magazine that the UK only has 100 harvests left in its knackered soil

Cannabis as a Solution to Regenerate and Clean Contaminated Soil

dinafem.org/en/blog/cannabis-regenerate-soils-contaminated/

Did you know that the roots of the cannabis plant absorb contaminating metals and transform them into harmless substances, without this affecting its growth? Italian farmers in the area of Taranto recently used industrial hemp to breathe life back into lands poisoned by one of Europe's most important steel mills.
Before this low-THC cannabis strains were planted near Chernobyl to counteract the radioactive material in soils there.

>ammonium nitrate can propel jets
how does that work?

t is becoming increasingly clear that cannabis boasts very beneficial health-related properties. And it not only helps people, but is also a valuable resource to restore contaminated lands. This fact is being demonstrated by farmers in the fields of Taranto, in the Italian region of Apulia. After seeing how a toxin present in their pastures ended up killing off their sheep, they decided to use hemp to repair the lands they were farming.

It's solid rocket fuel innit

>It's solid rocket fuel innit
>rocket fuel

Rockets are the same as jets.

facepalm.png

i feel exacly the same with many spanish and all french food, its uterly garbage with no taste.

friendly reminder most Americans are not edible.

You got me, they are

What is your point..?
Industrial farming is a subset of agriculture, btw.

Meat is only as good as what it is fed.

They are also fed a diet of crap. Mostly corn and s o y. I encourage all anons to go out and hunt. Deer is tastey and healthy. Tags are plentiful and cheap.

There aren't kosher standards on produce dingus. It's because tools can be made specialized for harvesting each crop. Mono cropping is the result of machinery. The only way to fix it is to down scale farming. Which means paying more or backyard gardening.

Attached: IMG_1294.jpg (250x377, 32K)

Pull the produce out with the roots.
How is this so hard? I have an OAk lettuce in my fridge right now, which is still fresh after 2 days because it has roots and soil still attached.

Study on Modification and Test Technology of Nonexplosive and ...
researchgate.net/.../230527515_Study_on_Modification_and_Test_Technol...
10 Oct 2018 - Based on a study of the relationship of ammonium nitrate (AN) ... Thermal behavior of non-explosive and irrestorable fertilizer-grade ammonium nitrate .... in the solid rocket booster which caused the Challenger explosion.

Celery has a taste? Nutrition can eat shit, people need to eat. People aren't getting scurvy, we just need to lose weight.

OP you are absolutely correct. Avoid restaurants, avoid grocery stores, make friends with farmers, be real kind and generous with butchers and ranchers. You'll eat well, you'll avoid the grocery jew, and even if it's more expensive, you'll be supporting your local businesses before some corporate mongrel jumps into the supply chain.

The problem is inevitably someone will eat rotten or unwashed produce and get sick or deathly ill from it causing the government to step in and regulate it into oblivion. This was their excuse to impose (((pasteurization))) in dairy products, just to help a few shitskins who can't digest lactose anyway.

>You got me, they are
go back to the middle east, muhammed - britain is for brits

I don't disagree.
I'm opposed to monoculture farming and CAFOs on the basis of environment and health. I buy pastured/grass fed as often as possible.

My point? Industrialisation is dehumanising and not only from the perspective of the divisions of labour.

T. Just used wikipedia and also doesnt know shit about the MIC

I picked some wild black berries one day and started craving more. Went to the store and bought some. They tasted like nothing at all. Seriously. There was nothing tart or sweet... at all. Nothing.

When I was in USA I was surprised how little flavor your vegetables had, I thought due to smoking pipe my tongue changed but no, one day later in Poland normal taste

Food from EU have the same problem - either they taste like water or some cardboard, or don't taste at all.

Excellent. I don't know what made you think your point and my point were mutually exclusive.
Type something of substance or stop quoting my posts. retard.

Many of these foods require very little space. If you're not growing yourself you deserve whatever you get

Is aquaponics the future?

>can farm fish for a boon of nutrition + protein
>90% more water efficient than traditional farming
>plants seem to grow 1/3rd faster
>waterbeds can act as huge thermal sinks, plants never freeze
>can filter any and all inputs into the system to prevent poisoning of your crop

If only they weren't knackering it deliberately and keeping cannabis growth restricted for (((reasons)))

I buy polish bread

zero additives, good and sturdy sunflower sour dough

Attached: guess why.png (1080x1080, 36K)

Just after I'm useful to the economy. Perfect!

I learned the unfortunate truth that most food in the US is borderline toxic. Buy local and for fucks sake make sure the guy your buying from doesnt use shit like raid-on and other pesticides. That's one of the few things causing the drain in soil quality. US citizens are the world's food guinea pigs, dont forget that. It's your responsibility to ensure you and your family avoid big brand foods.

I wonder if it could help the xylella problem in italy and southern Europe

Wild/heirloom celery has smaller, greener stalks than the industrially-grown varieties, the stalks tend to be more "irregular" in shape, and the taste is sharper and more herbal, kind of like biting into an overgrown sprig of parsley. It's pretty good.

Attached: wild_celery_1[1].jpg (3968x2108, 309K)

I thought Theresa Mays husband had huge investment in Hemp in the UK

Don't people know about that?

/sniggers/

Cannabis is just as taxing to the soil as corn. It's only benefit is its ability to take up heavy metals. Plants need to be grown together in order to not deplete nutrients.

Pulling the roots up to harvest destroys the root web and rhizosphere. The soil needs to be left be for it to regenerate. If the soil is kept healthy additional nutrients aren't needed.

Good on you user. Take the hunt pill. You can support the preservation of your public lands while filling your freezer.

Don't forget antibiotics. Every stock animal is full of them, and that's why we starting to see all those antibiotic-resistant diseases.

American produce is tasteless because American consumers demand year round availability, which inevitably leads to produce being picked before peak ripeness. what we should be doing is canning the summer bounty and eating seasonally
t. farmer

What do i read so i can do this in the desert

>learned
Where?

Corporations sell poison for the most nutitous things that grow in your yard without any help at all.

Attached: weedalert-poster.png (536x600, 727K)

>xylella

Sustainable Management of Plant Quarantine Pests: The Case ... - MDPI
mdpi.com/2071-1050/9/4/659/pdf
by A Luvisi - 2017 - Cited by 15 - Related articles
21 Apr 2017 - Abstract: The disease outbreak of Xylella fastidiosa subsp. pauca strain CoDiRO (Complesso del ..... cannabis should be considered [83].

The CVC strain of X. fastidiosa is listed as a regulated biological agent under the US Agricultural Bioterrorism Protection Act of 2002 [80]. As reported in the legal disposal, “the possession, use, and transfer of biological agents and toxins that have been determined to have the potential to pose a severe threat to public health and safety, to animal health, to plant health, or to animal or plant products. This action is necessary to protect animal and plant health, and animal and plant products”. The reason for the inclusion of the CVC strain may be related to the importance of Citrus spp. In the US, compared to other X. fastidiosa hosts, because it is a microorganism with the potential to devastate the US citrus industry—an important sector of the domestic agricultural economy [

:/

>buying out of season crops
Yikes and oofpilled

Should have went to a farmers market or a restaurant that buys local

Attached: farmers-market-produce-1024x768.jpg (1024x768, 284K)

There's a reason GMO is banned in several EU countries.

CERN Document Server

Mosulishvili, L M; Belokobylsky, A I; Khisanishvili, L A; Frontasyeva, M V; Pavlov, C C; Gundorina, S F

2001-01-01

The great potential of using blue-green algae Spirulina platensis as a matrix for the production of selenium- and iodine-containing pharmaceuticals is shown experimentally. The background levels of 31 major, minor and trace elements (Na, Mg, Al, Cl, K, Ca, Sc, V, Cr, Mn, Fe, Co, Ni (using -reaction), As, Br, Zn, Rb, Mo, Ag, Sb, I, Ba, Sm, Tb, Tm, Hf, Ta, W, Au, Hg, Th) in Spirulina platensis biomass were determined by means of epithermal neutron activation analysis. The dependence of selenium and iodine accumulation in spirulina biomass on a nutrient medium loding of the above elements was characterised. To demonstrate the possibilities of determining toxic element intake by spirulina biomass, mercury was selected. The technological parameters for production of iodinated treatment-and-prophylactic pills are developed.

Anything that can be grown in hydroponics needs to be grown in hydroponics preferably with non GMO seeds
Anything put in the ground needs to be organic

>tfw raised by pseudo-hippies and know all the farmers we buy produce from
>tfw healthy food has always tasted great and never lowered my T or made me fat like most Amerilards
Hot take: agricultural localism is a pipeline to nationalism

Attached: 220px-Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-H1215-503-009,_Walther_Darré_bei_einer_Kundgebung.jpg (220x150, 10K)

Wow, Americans thinking vegetables are flavourless! Imagine my shock when they have an obesity epidemic.

Xylella fastidiosa is an aerobic, Gram-negative bacterium of the monophyletic genus Xylella. It is a plant pathogen, and is transmitted exclusively by xylem fluid feeding sap insects.

>>>
nitrogen
>>>

Xylella fastidiosa disturbs nitrogen metabolism and causes a stress response in sweet orange Citrus sinensis cv. Peˆra
-journal of experimental botany

>>>

Everyone concerned about poor farmers who can't afford to pay Americans to harvest shitcrops, thus justifying illegals, this is the problem. Aquaponics, on the other hand, raises fish and veg in a small area, requires very little labor, can be run in a closed loop to prevent contamination in both directions. Progressives are preventing progress, as usual.

He does. Her keeping it illegal for the plebs drives up the price of his product

American (((((((cuisine))))))
youtube.com/watch?v=xY7m4KzYR4Q

You do know the majority of obese Americans are niggers and spics right? Your fatass country can't even blame your obesity problem on the minorities you import

We have the same problem.
Gladly, there are at least 2 trustworthy organic certification standards in Germany:

Demeter
> en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demeter_International

Bioland
> en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bioland

The ordinary and widespread 'BIO' label is jackshit compared to their standards.
Funny side note: when you study the 'alternative' food scene (as above), you find an overproportional amount of Jewish people in it.
They KNOW that a nonhazardous, balanced and rich / substancial food supply is essential for long-term health.

Attached: 1418965562002.jpg (2592x1944, 659K)

Have you seen the elderly olive farmers crying because they've been ordered to destroy healthy trees 'just in case'. Heart breaking. I dread to think of the state of the economies of the eu countries that export olive oil after this has taken its toll
If Germany is teetering on recession and southern Europe has such a high unemployment rate. Could this xylella be the tipping point
If it affects citrus too were fucked

This is retarded. Modern white Americans are fat as fuck. Let's not delude ourselves.

Lactobacillus

>not growing your own food and composting with the help of trees

its like you are not white

>implying any american would ever find out that their fruit and veg is shit
American supermarkets might as well just stock the shelves with plastic fruit and veg. No american would ever notice ad long as their candy and soda isles are well stocked.

there's always something in nature to keep something else at bay

thats why spices and spreads exist. those things were already flavorless to begin with

Food in the US is grown with tons of fertilizer by big agriculture and even the meat has to be treated with literal bleach before being fit for consumption because of factory farming

Yes, but half your backyard is gonna be a fish farm now. Prepare for the smell unless you plan correctly.
t. user who wants a aquaponics greenhouse.

nu huh

also dyed red so it doesn't look brown

Sometimes I wonder how over it is too. Climate change is a giant meme, but beyond that you have epidemic levels of pollution in the form of pesticides, industrial runoff, and plastics. I'm surprised most humans manage to function on a daily basis. I am noticing people seem more prone to autoimmune conditions and cancer/diseases of the reproductive organs.

I'm not saying they aren't but they are a part of the same ghetto culture as the niggers. Among African-American adults, nearly 48 percent are clinically obese (including 37.1 percent of men and 56.6 percent of women, compared to 32.6 percent of whites (including 32.4 percent of men and 32.8 percent of women).

yeah and candy and soft drinks like pepsi use aborted fetal cell based flavouring

Food dyes, food lies: are you being duped at the supermarket ...
animalsaustralia.org/.../food-dye-food-lies-poison-gas-chemical-dyes.php
4 Nov 2016 - And red meat, such as beef and lamb, don't fare much better in the health .... colour additives are needed to dye farmed fish in the first place…

Small-minded reply. Our grocery stores do literally carry flavorless produce. The difference is noticeable if you eat vegetables from farmers markets.

>t. doritos muted palate

What about it

And hold call me slow but has the us used xylella against the EU?

Walmart Waterberry

or Farmer's Market Strawberry

you decide

Thus, the absence of both genes can be associated with the failure of the J1a12 strain to establish and spread in citrus and tobacco plants.

Tobacco industry wouldn't develop something like that would they?

They are health pioneers.

Another reason to go back to Europe. Thank God for Jus Sanguis, going back to Hungary.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jus_sanguinis

Tobacco is grown in 12 EU countries. The main producers are Italy, Bulgaria, Greece, Spain and Poland, which account for around 85% of the EU tobacco growing area.