Ask a male nurse anything

Ask a male nurse anything

Not legally binding advice

Attached: WhatsApp Image 2017-02-02 at 12.58.32.jpg (728x1296, 102K)

Other urls found in this thread:

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d1/Plantar_aponeurosis_-_axial_view.png/300px-Plantar_aponeurosis_-_axial_view.png
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Do you have doctor's knowledge?
Is this a thread for asking about diseases/symptoms or about a nurse's job/role?

What are the chances of a patient getting it on with female staff?

Didn't realise i had to specify that. It was intended as allowing people to ask me anything, about the job or medical knowledge.

I try to have the most accurate information possible and really enjoy the amount of depth each medical condition can have. But it's actually recommended by work and school that you don't focus to much on really advanced knowledge since you rarely get to use it. The real abbility that is essential to have is being able to look something up really well. Like, know wich sources are valid, know how to verify sources and be critical of them, know the language that is being used, being able to explain it in a simple manner. That sort of stuff.

But i would say i have more clinical knowledge then most of my peers. Mostly because i spent my free time reading books.

Really small in most settings. The way the system is set up doesn't really allow for intimacy. Assuming that most people would pass on elderly patients and gravely sick ones, i'd say your options are very limited.
Our guidelines also say that a sexual relationship of any kind with a patient is forbidden. So you can only theoretically get something on with them after they stop being your patient and are no longer dependent on you.

Fun fact. If a patient tries to grab you by the ass or uses some other form of sexual intimidation you can just put in a motion to not continue to care for that person. We don't have a hypocratic oath that obliges us to take care of anyone, no matter what. Rules say no sexual contact, so if you touch me i don't have to take care of you.

Let's see if you have any idea about this.
This part of my leg, both side, is painful whenever i walk.
Usually it's the most painful in the morning when i just woke up.
If i didn't walk for few days-weeks, it will feel better and doesn't cause pain at all.
I didn't get diagnosed, so i have no idea what's really causing the pain.
I'm sure it's not the bone since both side of the leg feels the same pain.

Attached: ankle.jpg (450x536, 53K)

No worries I don't have the gay.
From parties etc I am under the impression that female doctors/nurses are pretty wild in general.
So I thought maybe the rules get bent all the time.

I know a few nurses from college that take xtc and coke and stuff like that. Also some that are in promiscuus relationships or just sleeping around a lot in general. But i've never heard anything about hooking up with patients. Furthest thing i've heard is some girls gossiping about a patients abs or genitals

Shame. Hooking up with some random chick at a party to have her dress up at home just isn't the real fantasy deal.
>t. .mil who gets fetishized by women and asked to wear the uniform in bed

First you need to figure out if the pain is from mucle sores, pressure points or something else wholly.
You say that the pain is on both feet? that would rule out inflamation in a lot of cases.
If you move your leg without putting any weight on it, does it steel hurt while moving your feet?

There is a type of connective tissue called a fasica that is very prone to inflammation, but pain almost always decreases while walking because it stretches the fasica out, i'm guessing that can be ruled out since your feet hurt while walking.

Is this a recent problem? If it's recent i assume it doesn't have anything to do with the shape of your foot, since you would have experienced problems earlier.

It could be a problem in footwear but that is usually acommpanied by some other factors before it gives you any problems. Like, does it hurt to walk, or does it hurt more to stand still for a while, might be pressure points on your foot. Do you stand around for your job a lot?
Advice would be to compare walking around the house all day on shoes or on bear feet and see what gives you more discomfort.

That would be some general questions i would give someone with your problem. I'm hesitant to say anything for certain given the limited information. But definitly a good initiative to be weary of your health

You don't need to be a patient to hook up with a nurse,You can score without even getting sick. But i do advice against having her wear the nursing uniform. Real ones are very unattractive and have usally been in contact with a lot of body fluids. You can get an actual sexy nurse outfit for like 20 bucks online, much better

what's your hobby?

why are you on Jow Forums?

Like to read and watch informative youtube videos. Also like to draw and go out to drink quite often.
On here now because i'm really bored and i got a mendatory paid week off for an incident that happened at work. Don't come here a lot but i see it as a way to give myself random homework. Just look for people online with problems and try to test my knowledge

Paramedic master race here to derail this thread. I'm banging your 8/10 female coworkers while you're their shoulder to cry on. While you're wiping grannies ass for the third time I'm charging into a building saving a toddler from asphyxiation. Think you're a "clinician" I'm dropping tubes and hooking up vents like it went out of style. While you're slaving away in 12 hour shifts I pop out two 24s and then spend the rest of the week banging bitches.

thanks for the insight.
It doesn't cause pain without any weight on it.
If i'm sitting on chair, even if i'm tapping my leg hard, it's not painful.
It's not a recent problem, it's been a few years.
It hurts no matter i'm walking or standing.
And it gets worse if i walk/stand for longer time.
I don't really stand around for my job. It's office job.

You seem to understand. The question was regarding patients hooking up with nurses. Not interdisciplinary hookups. I assume that happens quite frequently altough it's not really discussed openly.

Most female coworkers aren't that attractive unless you work in a hospital. I've worked in several different care facillities. The average age at my last one was 42.
Amazing that you save babies. I once took a course where i learned basic cpr and rescue techniques. But i am relived to say i have never needed to use them. Giving the heimlich to a baby is a really morbid scene to watch.

and yet you are only fourth rate after soliders, firefighters, policemen, pilots, doctors, rich businessmen... oh wait

I was kidding mate, I rarely see peds apart from asthma exacerbation/anaphylaxis or fractures. Yes, resuscitation if peds is pretty harrowing. I wouldn't want to work in a pediatric facility. Are you BSN or ADN, I might have missed it early on if you said so.

Since male nurses are lesser than female nurses.
Do male nurses get higher pay?

Do I need a bachelors to be a nurse?

Around that area it can mean a few things. I'm just going to throw some clinical reasoning at you and see what sticks.

It could be heel spurs which basically means you got a calcium growth spike on your heel. But the studies i am familliar with tell me that it is very uncommon to have if you are under 40.

It could be Plantar Fasciitis which is just fancy words for heel tissue inflamation. It is characterised by a pain directly under the heel and is the worst in the morning. I don't think you have this because your pain fades with rest, not activity.

It could be a stress fracture but that would only happen after an incident or a fall and wouldn't be present in both feet unless you were doing a lot of running or similar activity. It would have also healed by now unless something was keeping it from healing, which seems unlikely if this has been going on for years.

If the pain is centered not at the bottom, but at the back of your heel, it could mean something is wrong with your achilis tendon. This can have like 9 different reasons that i can't fully explain in this post. but the bottom line is if the pain is coming from above or below the heel. It could be a nerve problem, you can get carpel tunnel syndrome in your leg as well, but in that case you would feel loss of function, sensation and might experience tingling.

It could be heel bursitis, which is yet another form of heel tissue inflamation. This does get progessively worse during the day. But it is accompanied by redness, swelling, loss of function, pain and a certain warmth that only radiates from the afflicted area.

An easy way to test if your problems are being caused by inflamation is just to take some anit inflamatory drugs like ibuprofen. You can take 2 in the morining and 2 as needed during the day. If the pain becomes less, you might have found your problem

>Plantar Fasciitis
this seems to be closest to what i'm experiencing.
It is the worst in the morning.
I can't even walk normally, like my heel is swollen or something.
But if i stretch a little and walk for awhile, like a trip to the toilet and around the house, the pain will more or less go away.
And after checking online, "The pain is usually worse after exercise, not during it." which fit my condition as well.
During activities, it's painful/uncomfortable yes, but it will get worse after the activities.
And the next morning, it will be hell.
Thanks for the help, i will check the rest online.

Yes i do get higher pay. A lot of female nurses have boyfriends to support them or they have children to support themselves. They usually only work 16-20 hour weeks. This works well for the system, since if you have someone that works 40 hours a week.. and that person gets sick.. you need to fill a giant gap in short notice. Halftime jobs are the norm to my knowledge.
I work 36 hours a week and make sure i'm as vital to the organisation i work at as i can be. I'm the only one outside the techinical staff who knows how all the machines work because i am the only one that reads the manuals. I can fix wheelchairs when they break down, i know the 4 languages i was tought at school (dutch, english, french and german). And i just generally put in an effort.
This means i get higher pay per hour because i spent more hours. And my supperiors don't want to see mee leave over anyone else

The swelling might be a good give away. It's very treatable to live with, but hard to shake from what i can see. If you have fysical therapy in your insurance package, make use of it.
I never used mine once in my life until last year. apperently i can just go and see a professional 12 times a year for whatever reason. Your paying for it anway if you have insurence at least

It's not actually swelling,
at least not able to be observe with eye.
I'm just saying it feels like it.

Feeling like swelling can be a very valid reason. Listen to your body. If it's Plantar Fasciitis the thing that is swollen is as thinner then the thickest part of your skin on your foot.
It's also kind of designed like a sack so it has a lot of give, you wouldn't notice minor swelling by looking at it.

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d1/Plantar_aponeurosis_-_axial_view.png/300px-Plantar_aponeurosis_-_axial_view.png

If you wanna see what it looks like under your skin. Didn't want to post the image since it's slightly morbid.

Attached: Thin.png (586x536, 253K)

Bachalor, but i don't know if every country uses the same system

Not in my country, we have a really stupid system with like 7 levels of patient care. 4 and above holds the title of nurse. 6 is a bachelor.

Guess you could call level 4 a base nurse, but you only need vocational education which requires less study time in books but more focus on practical experience.

Level 1: you can clean houses, make dinner and assist other people if they ask you, you are basically a maid

Level 2: "helping" you can assist in basic care, you can help people go to the toilet, get them out of bed, give medication that someone else already signed off on.

Level 3: "caretaker" you get more responsibility. You can sign off on medication if you take a special course. You can perform basic medical procedures like taking care of wounds, swathe legs and that sort of stuff. High level medication like opioids are still off- limit

level 4: Nurse. you are actively participaing in patient care and know how to diagnose and put interventions where necessary. You are assumed to write off and give medication. You are otherised to sign off on opioids and you just need to be a functioning member of the team. This level is most common at jobs where i have worked. You are also assumed to be able to work in new people at the job of your level or lower.

Level 6: Bachelor of nursing. You get a lot more responsibility, Lot of administrative responsability, Are likely to lead a team and guide others. You have multidiciplinary talks with docters and other professionals. You have a great responsibility regarding the planning of patient care.

Level 5: Weird that i skipped 5 right? 5 is actually new. If you have a degree at level 4 and don't want to do an intire bachelors study to become level 6, you can just take a 2 year shortcut to get the same job. Only you get the marker of level 5 instead of 6. But basically they know all the same shit. (Level 6 used to be level 5 but now 5 means you took a shortcut. Told you it was stupidly complicated)

do you talk about patients with other staff?

male student nurse here

How true is the stereotype of male nurses being seen as and expected to be competent? I want to work in emergency and deal with drug users and protecc the female staff. How does ED actually work? How is male nursing in general?

Attached: 14975126470219.png (500x500, 257K)

How much do you get off on assisting with circumcisions? I hear you guys are like that.

I'd say it's true. In any group i've worked in there where never more the 3 dudes, and they rarely work the same days. You are automatically singled out because it's easier to remember 3 dudes you work with then it is to remember the 40 women who always tend to have similar names.
Also, from my experience, the higher the education needed, the more men you see.

A lot of female patients will have some objections to being washed by a man. It's importand to remember that most men don't want to be washed by men either. You gotta be hard on that front because otherwise nobody is going to accept you helping them.

You are often called apon to do some phiscial labor or when someone falls down or something. But i guess people call guys for that on any job.

My roomate actually works in a crash team. He and his team are responsible when an unconcious person comes in or crashes while in the hospital. He works in a team of 4 people. 1 for compressive resuscitation, 1 for finding a vein and placing a line. 1 for giving oxygen and 1 for the defibrulator.

You need to know your job when the alam goes of and be able to trust your colleges. There is also a certified docter assigned to your team that acts as a mentor and extra control. so you have someone to fall back on.

He once described a day of work like this:
Like, alarm goes off, you stay calm, go trough your ABCDE. Asses te situation, your mates hook him up. You reason that it is probably Hyperkalemia or something, order a shot, your buddy gives a shot, patient stabalises, and then it's on to aftercare...The rest of the day you just practice a bunch

Never been to one. Never had my attraction to a patient tested because most are elderly or gravely ill.. or already in a relationship.

Once had a pretty young girl in my talking group where i was acting as council. She was 19 or 20 , but she had the mental capcity of a 10 year old. She was really attractive and you really don't notice the mental disabillity since a lot of normal girls act like that as well these days. i found it kind of confronting to work with her. That was akward for a while.. but once i got to know her the attraction quickly faded.

Yes, quite a lot. In my previous job we would spend about 1.5 hours a day either talking about patients or repporting about them. The rule is that you can only discuss private details with the people directly involved in the healthcare proces. If you want to discuss anything outside of that, you need to make sure you use anonymous names.

New privacy law coming in 2020 thats going to put more restrictions on patient information though. Facilities that don't comply with pricicy regulations are elligable for a fine up to 20 milion from that point on

How long should I wait to get an STD test? Some people say 3 months for some STDs to show up. I don’t have any symptoms and was tested clean a few months ago, but the last girl I was with didn’t ask me to wear a condom so I didn’t.

I just had a MFF threesome with a girl in nursing school Saturday night after meeting her on Fetlife. Good times

Not OP but depends what you mean with "test". Blood tests will be more accurate sinds antibodies but iirc you'll need to specify for what you want to be tested.
If you actually feel like you might have symptoms then go to a doctor and talk to him about it, there's instant tests for gonnorhea and chlamydia.

>You gotta be hard on that front because otherwise nobody is going to accept you helping them.

I did come across that issue on pracs. Not so much as I expected since the place had male nurses there and the patients were long-term and used to it but I want to be working in more short-term or acute places. How do you get around it?

thanks for the answer btw

Most countries have bachelors, here in the US there are ADNs- RNs with a 2 year degree as well

I talk in a very matter-of-fact way. I don't ask for permission but i tell them what is going to happen and most of the time they go along with it.

You should never ask the question "would you wrather be washed by one of the female staff?" yourself. Because everybody will say yes to that. You need them to object themselves.
If it's a religious or "rapey past" reason, i can respect that and there is room to work around that.
If the reason is just that it's akward, Then that was already obious. Just tell them you are here to do your job and make them as comfortable as possible with high regard for privacy.
But actually practice what you preach. Close curtains if there are any, look the door if the situation allows it, don't let them be naked for longer then thy have to. Wash the upper boddy, dress the upper body, then go to the lower body, stuff like that.

And if nothing else, if you have a good bond with a patient, chat with them once in a while and get an understanding of their values, they are usually okay with it.

>male
>nurse
What is your favorite onions based product?

What is the capital of Outer Mongolia?

Did she practice safe sex? i always find it conflicting that people who know better don't act better.
Like smoking nurses, nurses that don't have proper hygene.. things like that

How often do people call you murse?

You're not a doctor, m8.

No, no safe sex. Stupid mistake and we should all know better, but condoms take all the fun out of it. She met me and my gf and after a few drinks we got a hotel. She seemed clean and didn’t object, but kind of regretting it now since I am an anxious dude about STDs.

Those crispy friend onions that you can get at any asian store. You can get like half a KG for 1 or 2 euros. Throw some in with most meals i make. Gives a nice crunch and variety in texture. You can also make a base with it to make vegatarian gravy if you mix them with onions sauce and water.

French union soup is also nice

Attached: DSCN4233.jpg (640x480, 112K)

HOW do I deal with cunty nurses and other medical staff? I was attacked so bad by this one absolute cunt on my last rotation in a hospital I honestly nearly cried. Legitimately hope she gets hit by a bus.

Funny thing actually, since i'm dutch that word isn't really used here. But since im often the only man working, People just call out "Nurse" and i'm expected to answer that call as well.

Now.. nurse is a gender neutral term in most countries. In england a male nurse is just called a nurse.

But in my language you call a male nurse brother and a female nurse sister. But sister is used most often. There are old people who are just so used to getting their care from a woman, that they only call out "sister". And it's concidered neglect if i don't respond to that call..

So people don't call me murse, but they do call me sister.. which is kind of annoying

That's useful advice, thank you. One last question, did you ever have any difficulties because you were a guy? How did you deal with it if any?

Well.. fortunatly you need to be sort of smart to become a nurse.. sort of. So maybe you can bet that she wasn't stupid enough to sleep around if she did have an STD.
Sex with multiple people will double the risk of a disease spreading. Especially if any form of anal or some blood is involved that is just an infection waiting to happen

How high is up?

Was the only guy in my class first year of school.It was awful. We practice a lot of basic training on eachother. Putting on bandages, washing techniques (i know it sounds silly) and other things. Basically, we were expected to sit around in our underwear for a few hours while we praticed. Now.. girls among girls didn't have any problems with this. But i was basically excluded from 80% of my basic training.
All girls made groups of 5, went to a bed, closed the curtain, and wouldn't come out for an hour and a half. I was not allowed to practice with any of the girls or watch them practice. had to practice on myself or a dummy.
I mean. i get that it's uncomfortable to sit around in your underwear.. but i felt really excluded..and i mean.. i hoped that they had a higher opinion of me.

I made a really bad name for myself later that year by correcting a female classmate. It is protocol to not wear long sleeves, watches, low tops, high heels and that sort of thing because they impede work and can get germs on them.
I gave a girl feedback that she should at least close her top if she was going to wear the clothing that she chose (denim jacked with only a bra underneath and 4 buttons loose) because it didn't seem professional. She took it really badly and basically equaled it to sexual herrasment. Was a really confusing time for me because everyone treated me like a pervert... but i had a boyfriend at the time and it was not like they were attractive in the first place.

I quit that school after a year. I really though that if 20 people thought of me in a certain way, and i didn't . That i had to be the person who was in the wrong. But i can now gladly say that they were all bitches, half of them have dropped out by now, the girl with the low top is pregnant and i got where i wanted to be in life without much trouble

How can I not become the weird guy working in a hospital where at least 75% of my close colleagues are female? I'm a 6/10 male with poor social skills, and while I do have a GF I generally find women absolutely exhausting when they group up together and start talking. When they get all excited with each other while chatting I just want to go grab the strongest drugs I can find and climb into a spare bed.

That depends, If you concider "up" to be any position above the current one, then you need to ad the smallest measurement possible (planck length) to your current coordinates.
But since "up" is a relative term you first have to establish a point from whic you measure and which factors you will let determine "up". Because we use gravity on earth, but that's not going to work everywhere.

Up for me is any amount of hight, higher then 1.12 meters under sea level. Because i live under sea level but am currently on the second floor.
I only know this because my house has measurement stripes on it from when we were further under sea level then we should have been (Dutch people problems)

What is the half-life of Strontium90?

My period is over a week late, I’ve taken two pregnancy tests and both came negative. My period has never been this late before. Is there a chance I might be pregnant?
Also cervix feels weird, as if only half of it was really swollen.

I completely feel you man. They rarely ever discuss work or relevant topics and just rant on in their increasingly high pitched voices about what they did with their boyfriend or something.
You can try to steer the conversation, but i've never been able to do that. They just call you annoying and problematic for discussing medical stuff when it's not mendatory.
Do any of your male coworkers feel the same? Or do you not have much friendship relationships at work to speak of? It's a shame but it can happen because of professional boundaries.
I try to establish myself as someone my coworkers can count on. When someone has a problem, i try to be an expert on it as fast as possible and help them before they can figure it out. I've noticed that people treat me with more respect but it's kind of an underhanded and time wasting tactic..

Might i ask you something? i concider myself to have sub-par social skills as well. How do you deal with that in your patient contact? I have had some training in talking techniques and the likes, but i can't seem to be spontanious and genuene when chatting with patients.

>Basically, we were expected to sit around in our underwear for a few hours while we praticed.
>All girls made groups of 5, went to a bed, closed the curtain, and wouldn't come out for an hour and a half.

lmao, almost sounds like the setup to a porno

Students in my country will do obs on each other but the most touching we've done was just check the pulses on feet. Strange how self-conscious girls can get about their feet. But yeah I had that issue almost, as I'm the only guy in the class too. Thankfully I worked a job where I had to learn to not be awkward around women so it's mostly just been putting in enough effort to maintain good relations with the class. But even then I get the sense I get left out of things. Many of the girls have formed close friendships already and while they get along with me, it's no where near the same. I understand how it is and why it be like it is but it's still a little sad.

I'm doing an ADN/LPN equivalent at a community college like place though, which will end soon. When I go for a bachelors in nursing I'm hoping there will be more guys around.

Fingers crossed. She keeps sending us raunchy pics and videos so it seems like she wants to do it again. It’s possible she has something and doesn’t know it, but I guess that ship has sailed

Pregnancy tests are supposed to be accurate after 2 weeks of pregnancy. You could still be in an uncertain period , especially if you go with a cheap brand of test or take the test wrong. (things like using the middle of the pee stream instead of the beginning)

I've actually never heard people describe they could feel their cervix being swollen, only of people observing it. Irregularities in this feeling could imply an infection or some form of inflammation. Things like unsafe sex where you leave the sperm inside the body for a long time can cause this.

it's also important to note that a lot of other thing can cause a late period. Are you on the pill? anything that could cause hormonal imbalance?

Most countries have a system set up where you can get those things checked out for free. Especially if you have reasonable cause (the swelling) .

If you weren't a slut and got married it wouldn't be a problem whore

Describe something awful youve seennin your line of work. Something gruesome that stuck with you

I was in the hospital and twenty different girls and three guys offered me a sponge bath in two hours... they just wanted to touch it.

I'm 28 years old. Is it too late to study to become a nurse? Will I be taken seriously as a (presumably) 31 year old graduate?

>How do you deal with that in your patient contact
I don't think I do too badly with patients, in fact I'd go so far to say that I'm better with patients than I am staff. I think it's mainly because patients are often more receptive to my feeble attempts at conversation, which can be just about anything. Since they're often elderly I'm often the one who has to end the conversation because we're getting along so well but I have other shit to do. Then I head back to the station and try to talk to dumb roastie nurse #354 about the weather and get a single word response.

do nurses fuck each other big time?

Do some take a few pain pills for themselves? Like patient sleeps and chart indicates meds. Im pretty suer i have been ripped a few times after surgery and I know at least one nurse who seems to always have some good pills.

>What do you believe to be the most helpful / useful drugs (as in medicine) to keep around at the house?

>What useful info is obvious to nurses but not to general population?

>Are you an equivalent of an EMT-B, P, what?

>What percentage of your job are traumatic injuries vs random diseases?

>How do you handle someone who comes in to the emergency room with extreme hypertension?

>>What do you believe to be the most helpful / useful drugs (as in medicine) to keep around at the house?
Ganja
>>What useful info is obvious to nurses but not to general population?
We know exactly what it means when the machines are beeping.
>>Are you an equivalent of an EMT-B, P, what?
Technically that is true
>>What percentage of your job are traumatic injuries vs random diseases?
My gosh it's more random disease, but this is specifically because of where I'm located.
>>How do you handle someone who comes in to the emergency room with extreme hypertension?
We take their blood pressure and give them medicine. Tell them fix their own vibes because they're off kilter.

Attached: Screenshot_9.jpg (1920x1080, 188K)

user

you smelled like shit

you realize this, don't you?

Do you enjoy your work? How much of it is literally shit? I'm a OFA3 at my worksite and it's pretty nice but I never deal with terminal cases (usually) and very few people shit themselves at work (that I have to deal with)

Would you recommend this field to someone with Aspergers

Why you guys always stealing my norco?

Woke up about an hour ago with my right arm/elbow on the borderline between pain and that sensation right before numbness, I sleep on my back so it wasn't pinned down or anything. It's not intense or even above mild, but constant no matter how I lay. Is this cause for concern?

Attached: 1370650852583.jpg (400x400, 42K)

How does it feel making half the money of an RN and 1/3 of an NP?

30+ murse upper class student, rank #1. You are in school with a lot of 18-20 year old girls, and as long as you know your shit, they will look to you for help and knowledge. I have an EMT background though. The instructors also sometimes like to have other adults to talk to since they are basically teaching children. I had more than one instance chatting with a patho prof bitching to me about how shit the students in the class were. Whether or not you will be taken seriously is up to you. I'm actually planning on going right into a DNP-NP program, which being a man seems to be a leg-up.

When I was a young EMT, I had two arrests in a single shift. The first was awful because a 40 year-old had a heart attack while the family was having a cook-out, and we worked him in the middle of his yard while the family was sobbing and screaming all around us.

Also had a man who flipped over the handle bars of his motorcycle since someone cut him off. His helmet hit the back corner of a Caddi. You know the old ones with the very sharp angles that look like fish fins? I had the unenviable job of taking off the helmet. When I did vast amounts of bloody grey matter spill out. Hell, from the contact with the pavement and vehicle you couldn't even find landmarks for compressions as his entire chest felt like Rice Crispies. He was pronounced on scene.

The worst of the worst. 4 year-old drowning. I still remember with crystal clairty the father beating his hands bloody kneeling on the pavement repeating that it "was only a couple minutes." He took a phone call and forgot to lock the gate to the family pool...

What do you think of your job? Would you recommend it to others? Currently trying to decide whether I want a career in the medical field or not

should i be a nurse or a paramedic

When should I get superglue and when should I get stitches?