Created a unique project analyzing the Daily News Cycle | How much of it all is "fake news"?

I watch a ton of US news. I'm constantly comparing the subtle ways different outlet twist the main story of the day. Frustrated with the daily churn and outrage, I decided to start keeping a record. As a sort of longitudinal study, I started writing down what I deemed was the major news story each day onto a sticky note. I've been doing this every weekday for over two years. Here is the completed 2017 record compiled into a video for your review.

2017: youtube.com/watch?v=aKaQ78qC-AA

- You're going to remember a lot of these stories. They're going to come back to you. You'll probably be surprised at how much you forgot and how much you remember. Some things to keep in mind:

- How did these stories affect you?

- How much did they matter?

- Did they overshadow other events taking place?

- Do they still matter?

- Were they constructed?

- Were they over-hyped?

- Were they under-hyped?

- How much power did we give these stories?

- How did these stories affect the way you conversed with your people?

- How did these stories affect your mood?

Attached: _00257.jpg (1920x1080, 295K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NiIUgK4XuMs
youtube.com/watch?v=f7WxdMTjX8k
twitter.com/jiggerypokerie
reddit.com/r/conspiracy/comments/bb88yq/created_a_strange_project_analyzing_the_daily/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Shorter Month Long vids:

Feb: youtube.com/watch?v=NiIUgK4XuMs

March: youtube.com/watch?v=f7WxdMTjX8k

Just a tip, you are not being objective, you are not controlling for editor bias

>I watch a ton of US news

this is where our friendship ends.

Obviously there are some baked in biases here, but I did my best to pick out what seemed to be the major story most networks and blogs were hitting the hardest that day. Created my own explanatory headline from the combination of sources. I pulled mainly from cnn/ fox/ msnbc / slate / mediaite / thehill / and whatever was getting a lot of play on twitter that day.

But did your Today Show cover this like it was the most important thing in the world?

Attached: _00111 - Copy.jpg (1476x830, 100K)

(((Jews News))). Watch any (((MSM))) evening news. Half the time they end with a "nigger who isn't in jail" human interest story. Watch PNS News hour. Usually half the long stories outside of the day's news roundup are some kind of nigger story. Chicago schools, African something, etc. That and every news show now has a full time weather person to hype every thunderstorm like it's more proof of "climate change." Weather is local news, ffs. Tornado or hurricane coverage is rare, but it's raining in (((New York))) or it's hot or it's snowing in MN, fuck. They rarely show nigger crime unless the killer isn't known right away or the victim is a Jew (Uber girl). They reported the road rage little bigger shot hoping it was a white racist but it was later found to be a spicy so the story vanished. Some (((news producer))) filters everything. Every bomb (((Israel))) drops is "retaliation" for something.

What do you want to do with it?

Not trying to make people reach any particular conclusion. Mostly just looking for feedback and to have people reflect on the events. I'll go back through my stack of sticky notes to just a few weeks ago and it'll feel like a year had passed since a particular day's story had mattered.

Might turn it into a website at some point. Also still have to release the 2018 video.

*PBS

But yeah, last two years was Trump derangement that over took but didn't stop the usual doses of promoting diversity and climate change propaganda.

Part of the project was inspired by that "Tweets from WW2" account that would post news from the war on that particular day in history. I made a twitter account doing the same but with a sticky note per day: twitter.com/jiggerypokerie

Interdasting OP

Any other thoughts?

Attached: _00030 - Copy.jpg (1476x830, 117K)

got a little feedback over here. nothing much though.

reddit.com/r/conspiracy/comments/bb88yq/created_a_strange_project_analyzing_the_daily/

two year old news is interesting, but your twitter is fairly boring. two years ago today isn't an interesting tweet. Yesterdays news would be better for twitter. Watching the news has to be awful, but you're taking one for the team.

Attached: 1511939348997.jpg (1024x1024, 115K)

Huh, I remember a German flag talking about something like this a week or so ago.

this isnt OPs first time posting here.

I wanted to put some space between the stories and us. I feel like we can look back at them a lot more soberly and analytically now, but yeah maybe 2 years was too big of a gap. I'm thinking about putting the 2018 video sooner

Oh yeah? Thats pretty cool, I posted it here a couple times in Feb. Glad someone found it interesting.

Bump for effort

Do you think Operation Mockingbird ever ended?

Attached: Operation Mockingbird 2.0.jpg (600x600, 240K)

Thanks

Fine question. Not sure.

I think you'd pick up a bigger following if you posted news that had been left out overnight, or last week, or last month. Your twitter might explode in mentions daily. That could be good or bad.
I think there's a market for answering "WTF is going on?" If you're writing stuff down today, you might as well post it tomorrow, and then again 2 years from now.

I hear you. That aunt Becky college admissions thing feels like it was last year doesn't it?