30yo male - can’t stop thinking about suicide

Is it normal to constantly be thinking about how to go about killing myself every day? I can’t remember when it started being like this but for the past year it’s been on my mind multiple times a day every day. Especially when I’m trying to fall asleep and have odd pains in my body all I think about for hours is when and how I will buy picrelated, pop a bag on my head, run a tube and drift off peacefully to nitrogen land. What makes it worse is that I have a loving partner, a functional family and comfortable levels of money - but despite all of that I’m miserable and just want to end it. I can’t bear thinking how I would feel if an actual tragedy struck. Will these suicidal thoughts pass by themselves? Does everyone on this board feel like this?

Attached: B1157975-ECBC-4BD4-B276-AF1CE524CFF5.jpg (320x480, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

psychologytoday.com/us/blog/talking-about-men/201712/religion-and-mental-health-what-is-the-link
npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=1508924
wnycstudios.org/story/91680-after-life
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

These thoughts are not normal and rarely go away by themselves, OP. Contact your general practionair and tell him what you told us.

Not normal. Suicidal ideation should be discussed with a professional.

I’m scared they’re gonna put me in a straitjacket, stop me from leaving “for my own good” and force meds down my throat. Is there a natural antidepressant I could be taking?

What's making you feel miserable?

Read the Bible and follow God's commandments. You will know peace then

just because something is natural it doesn't make it safe if I were you I wouldn't take any medications.

If there was one medication I had to take it would be bupropion because it is the only antidepressant that doesn't have the risk of permanent erectile dysfunction.so take Wellbutrin/bupropion, but in general stay away from meds if you don't need it.

This is your subconscious fighting with some kind of demon that you need to face, your mind is trying to tell you to seek counsel and to love yourself

Fuck off and die with your cult bullshit. It's not gonna help him one bit.

Go to a psychiatrist but don't talk like you're suicidal or else they might lock you up. Get on antidepressants.

I've thought about suicide since I was like 20, just horrible upbringing, crowded, and then constantly being bullied from 23 until now for being slow in college and freaking out at strangers.

Fuck I don't know, would you want a drug that drives those thoughts away? I wouldn't, I'd rather smoke weed til all the hairs on my head go grey, at least I'd get hungary and laugh a little. It's normal IMO you probably just need to exercise when you wake up or something to get it out of your head for the rest of the day.

if you tell someone they will get you locked up, you'll lose your job and you'll be in tens of thousands of dollars in debt, don't listen to the people here they aren't realistic

>Fuck off and die with your cult bullshit. It's not gonna help him one bit.
Just speaking from personal experience. All of existence is the unfolding of God’s nature and His understanding of Himself. It’s no coincidence that the most meaningful life is one of dedication to God.

dont tell any adult this OP. this is the internet we cool here. but dont fuckign tell someone this in real life.

anyways yeah it's pretty normal. I mean i'm going to end it the second I lose my virginity.

i do, i just try to fall asleep and try to find stuff to preoccupy my time.

Idk, I've been considering suicide for over a decade now and I'm still alive
I think it's a normal state to be in, or at least it's my normal
Just say bang, I'm dead. Ok, now that I'm dead, I'm free to do whatever I want.
You can check out anytime. No reason to do it at this particular moment then.

Religiosity has vast and strong correlation with mental health and well-being. Honestly there are far worse options than talking to a priest, especially if OP is afraid of getting committed to a psych ward.

psychologytoday.com/us/blog/talking-about-men/201712/religion-and-mental-health-what-is-the-link

A god almost certainly doesn't even exist, so a life dedicated to him is the least meaningful. You are being fucking had, dude.

And yet the religious are on average happier, suffer less depression, anxiety, and drug abuse by every metric. Not only that, religious individuals live significantly longer by every observational study taken. If an atheist believes that life is finite, they'd actually be smart to follow such a path if only for the practical benefits.

May I suggest ...

dancing.

I know it sounds weird, but I go somewhere you can dance. I would suggest both lessons in groups/with a partner and freestyle "let it all out" at nightclubs/parties/festivals whatever.

just popping in to say the dude(s) recommending spiritual pursuits should not be discarded. Who cares if what you believe is true as long as belief in it improves your quality of life?

PS god is real, desire is suffering, salvation exists within the present moment here and now, the kingdom of heaven is at hand

Did you know that almost everyone who survives suicide recalls a moment where they realized what they were doing was a mistake?

npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=1508924

wnycstudios.org/story/91680-after-life

Which parts of the bible are one to adhere to? Couldn't possibly be all the rape, incest, abortion, murder, and damnation, could it? I'm genuinely curious how a book about God intentionally scattering his own children across the planet in Genesis because he didn't like us uniting under one language and land could help. Is OP going to fix his life as he reads the parables about man-eating whales, burning bushes and a boat that took 600 years to build, only for one lucky family to fight and bicker; which is exactly what God flooded the earth to rid us of? Or is it the part where some schizophrenic narcissist claims he's the son of God, and gets ganked on a cross for doing so?

Please, enlighten us as to which cherry-picked passages we should all live and die by.

>30 year old Male
Fix yourself and your life
Once I finally did I realized how much I actually want to live instead

Live for the suffering or just kys but ser5give living a try

Someone has definitely never read the work he is criticizing. Your criticisms read hollow because you lack the capacity to contextualize the material that you are attempt to attack. Do you think superficial surface knowledge gives you a strong basis to opine on it? Do you understand the principles of exegesis and hermenutics which are involved in deriving the messages laid out for individuals within the era and those in modernity?

If you are going to make attacks, then have some actual substance.