How to stop smoking cold turkey?

How to stop smoking cold turkey?

I have tried everything, patches, e-cig & Co it doesn't work.

Attached: tabaco.jpg (624x351, 90K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0TL2Vh7goJc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I forced myself to go cold turkey, but had only been smoking for two years so it wasn't too bad.

No idea. Apparently some people have a hard time doing it. Not me. So just quit and suffer or something.

switch to cigars, cigarillos or pipe.
you'll smoke a lot less.

would using patches and e-cigs really considered cold turkey? you are still sucking that nicotine. strong psychedelic experiences can help overcome addiciton.

I enjoy smoking. I only smoke a pack a week. Also if you dont smoke very much your body repairs any damage done to your lungs. You only have to worry if youre smoking faster than your body can heal

Niggerillos

See Herbal Cessation tablets (called Smoke Away) is what got me off of them. I smoke about 15 menthols cigs a day, much more when partying and dropping 'cid.

It covers all your needs from having an appetite suppressant to having St. John's Wort to keep you from murdering someone.

>good luck, lad

*smoked...past tense

I just have the occasional bowl of weedies from time to time

willpower
do you want to stop? then stop there's nothing else to it

Many people focus on the problem ignoring what is needed to solve it. It is not some magic patch or smoking replacement, it is about discipline and will power.

With those 2 being low you are not able to stop, no matter what you try you will go back also because the substitute is doing nothing but keep reminding you of your addiction.

Stop focusing on smoking and start improving your discipline and will power with little experiments over yourself.

When your will power and your discipline are developed then work on a plan to stop smoking and stick to it thanks to your gains.

You have to do something to replace the hand to mouth action. Maybe try a toothpick.

I wish I could help man. I stopped smoking when it started giving me annoying stomach aches. Literally have no idea why it started to happen, but it did. I used to smoke like a pack a day but now I haven't smoked since November.

I switched to vapes/blu/juul from November to like last month until I ran into asthma problems that got really bad. Now I use ZYN snus for nicotine needs. I still casually smoke cigars.

Have you tried duct tape?

I agree with toothpick. Casually chewing on a tooth pick really helped me stop using e-cigs. Try getting toothpicks that are flavored. I use these cinnamon flavored ones I think the brand is Tea Tree Therapy.

>How to stop smoking cold turkey?
>I have tried everything, patches, e-cig & Co it doesn't work.
Doesn't sound like quitting cold turkey to me.

Attached: 1552668287064.png (454x453, 73K)

use magick and create a sigil of your desire. That's how I quit lol

Smoke cigars or a pipe, the fda did a study and said the increase in cancer risk is nil. It's also mature and classy.

Try having a massive heart attack.
Worked for me.
t. ex- 2-pack a day, now living with stent, pacemaker-ICD

This may sound crazy but eat a whole pack of cigarettes and you will never even want to see one again.

Former smoker here
I switched to a good quality e-cig to emulate the warm feeling smoke leaves in the mouth. I had tried using pen-like vapes in the past but they were awful, not at all like smoking, but this was the real deal.

Initially I was smoking the highest nic juice I could get, much more than I'd get from cigarettes. I also used A LOT of liquid. In the past 4 months I've been gradually lowering the nicotine and I've been using much less juice. I didn't go through withdrawal like this and now I sometimes forget to vape, which was extraordinary when I was smoking.

TL;DR: Invest in a GOOD e-cig and you can quit much more easily.

cardio

Try not shitting up the board with non-political topics you pole smoking faggot

Stop buying cigarettes and stop being around those who smoke.

Suffer greatly for a few weeks followed by a lifetime of vigilance.

Visit why whyquit, lots of helpful stuff there.

Bottom line is cold turkey is the best way to quit, and when you learn how nicotine addiction works, you'll understand why. Nicotine isn't like other addiction, even a small amount of nicotine floods your receptors, so really there's not much difference in severity if you lower your nicotine gradually, you're just prolonging withdrawals. The best way is to get it over with. Just tell yourself you're no longer a smoker and never have a single puff. One single puff will activate a full addiction, that's how it works.

I quit everything cold turkey from cigs to SSRI's. Best way to do it is just to make a resolute decision in your head and find a way to avoid even considering smoking as an option. The way I did it was when I would think "man I could really go for a cigarette right now" I'd then convince myself that it wouldn't be worth going to the store to go get them. Find other trains of thought to follow rather than whatever you default to.
*tips fedora*
smoking a tobacco pipe is equivalent to taking a typewriter to class except at least a typewriter doesn't smell as bad.

Attached: the filth.jpg (2976x3968, 1.54M)

Yeah, it's not hard. I could just smoke for a month then not for a year and now I don't at all. It never created addiction in me, I just smoked for fun.Also i never smoked at home.

whyquit.com

gotta put in the work. simply don't smoke. no matter what.

see u on the other side user

I just gave up, im going to die eventually anyway and i dont jave the willpower to love past my 40s

Vape weed instead faggot

make it cold.
withdrawal symptoms last not longer than a week by nicotine

Dont stop, retard
Or start smoking pipe, you get nicotine anyway but it tastes better and its cool

French are incapable of anything that insinuates testosterone or not being a bitch in any manner whatsoever. Just give up and smoke away.

Just switch to vaping, keep decreasing nicotine level till you hit 0

If you can’t quit by switching to an e-cig you probably aren’t ready to quit.

Move to a country with stricter laws on buying cigarettes and where public smoking is banned.

Quit putting them in your mouth and lighting them. It works.

I used heroin.

Dont listen to these vaping niggers, vaping is very VERY gay!

Attached: FB_IMG_1525801520080.jpg (720x1383, 56K)

Comment ?
fait le pédale, controle toi, t'es pas un chien !

Doesn't work.

Prices increased x6 in my smoking timeline, public smoking was severely cracked down on. Still smoked because I actually enjoyed it. If you hate smoking it might work but there are some of us that actually liked smoking and quit for other reasons.

Switch to dicks

Literally just stop. Don’t buy anymore, don’t put anymore on your mouth and light up. Your supposed to feel uncomfortable.

Just give up frenchie. Should come naturally. You just have to man upand quit buying them.

Damn. Praying for you, brother.

Pipes are nice, a little tobacco goes a long way, requires patience. My wife doesn't mind the smell if the tobacco is aromatic (there are aromatics and also non aromatics). I like it for when I read or do some work from home. Definitely a fedora thing but it's not like I'm out in public with a pipe

This.
On the way home from work one day I looked at my pack of cigs, got disgusted, and chucked it out my car window along with my lighter.

Now once a week or so I'll have a cigarillo and I don't feel addicted at all.

OP is 1 Post by ID baguette, but if anyone cares.
I was 3/4 of a pack a dayer for 3 years.
I pretty much quit and started again the entirety of last summer. I usually managed to quit for 3 days, then the worst anxiety of my life started, especially at night, i couldnt sleep and had these fucked up regret feelings about stuff that happened 10+ years ago, i literally thought i was having manic depression and going insane. So that sort of on/off wanking went on for almost 3 months until i asked my family doctor to prescribe me sleeping pills. Instead she wrote me Xanax and told me to take them ONLY, when i get the unbearable withdrawal induced anxiety at night.
So that worked and i havent smoked for almost 8 months.
I sometimes still see that im enjoying a smoke in my dreams, but whenever im next to a smoker i feel cringe.

tl:dr. Ask your doctor to prescribe you Valium or Xanax and take them sparingly in case of emotional emergency..

Attached: 1509383262349.jpg (570x720, 81K)

>How to stop smoking cold turkey?
>Literally just stop. Don’t buy anymore, don’t put anymore on your mouth and light up. Your supposed to feel uncomfortable.
this desu
have some nicotine gum just for sleeping
you're gonna wake up in cold sweats so it helps to take a nibble of gum to get back to sleep

Attached: 1516732163198.png (496x442, 231K)

I just stopped buying my own cigs, being that guy who constantly bums cigs is an asshole and you just end up smoking less due to social pressure.

new a dude that smoked for 15 years. was up to 3 packs a day. He bought a juul then a suorino drip hasnt smoked in 4 months.

Every time you want a smoke, punch yourself in the face. Slowly but surely you will start to associate want a smoke to pain.

Simple

Dr Mohammed signing off

Go to pipes and then cigars. Don't inhale. If you need a little bit more of a hit pull it into your mouth and blow it your nose. If that still doesn't do it for you then you lightly inhale. If you need something stronger just take some tobacco and let it soak in some water till it is brown. Pull the leaves out and boil the water. Then all you have to do is lick the bottom of the bowl. You will not have to worry about another nicotine craving after that.

>cold turkey
You're supposed to "wean yourself" off.

Start by having only 5 ciggarettes a day, and maintain that rule for 1 week. Then another week with 3 ciggs a day max. Then the final week 2 ciggs a day max.

Try to time it so that you refuse the very last smoke, and throw it in the garbage---it will imprint your memory if done successfully.

What prevents me from going out and getting a pack is remembering all the headaches it gives me, high blood pressure, and generally makes me stink and feel disgusting.

Attached: big_mistake.jpg (3872x2592, 605K)

Hungary would be the best country for that.

>You're supposed to "wean yourself" off.

If reducing nicotine levels worked it wouldn't be so hard to quit. That doesn't work, that's not how nicotine addiction works. Bottom line is ALL quits are cold turkey, whether you reduce or not. The only difference is those who gradually step down prolong their withdrawals, but even they have to eventually go cold turkey, and it won't be any easier for them.

It doesn't work because you don't have the willpower. You stop smoking by simply not smoking anymore. You ignore the cravings and the excuses that you tell yourself. If you take patches or vapes you're still a nicotine addict so may as well go cold turkey. You can't stop because you're weak.

You have to fully want to quit forever
Then it's easy, you just stop

I've quit many times because I wanted to
Or got paid to not smoke while doing medical studies

But for the 16 years I've smoked I always start back again because tobacco is a companion
Better company, more reliable, and less degenerative than most women or people for that matter

Unironically this.
Weak willed little pussy. People like you are pathetic.

Based user with a based father and/or father figure. This is what today's kids need. Straight man to man talk, no bullshit.

If quitting cold turkey isn't working then start by outright quitting all the habitual ones. Morning smoke, after meal smokes, if you smoke while driving. All the ones you have that are automatic light ups that you never think about, start thinking about them and cutting them out. Once you break those habits for about a month-month and a half, you should be able to drop the others all together.

I quit like eight years ago using Chantix

I use a mixture of the three main delivery systems (Smoking,dipping and vaping) so that i can still get that good without destroying any one part of my body to quick.

You tell yourself, you no longer smoke. Never another one ever again. You'll have to quit friends and maybe even family.until the urges.go away. It's worth it.

you created a world around your addiction. to quit an addiction, you need to quit other habits as well.

>Insomnia
>Nerve endings feel like they're on fire when you walk
>fucking killing yourself
You got lucky user that brain scrambler has some brutal side effects.

I've been smoking since I was 20, I'm 28 now. I'll tell you the biggest reason I have difficulty smoking, I like standing around outside. Because so many less people smoke now a days, it's a chance to get away from people stand outside and collect my thoughts.

Stop being spoiled manchild and grow up and build your character. That is the only way you can quit smoking. Other than that, you can just swap one bad habit with another bad habit.
So start doin heroine.

you dont have to inhale smoke to collect your thoughts. you just like it because its something to do.

will. it's easy to quit. i can quit anytime i want.

Attached: 1536660120483.gif (540x282, 491K)

Theres an anti-smoking guy, dead now, called Allen Carr, he has books and courses still going...it has the highest success rate.
youtube.com/watch?v=0TL2Vh7goJc

Also drink Green Tea, it has a compound which supresses cravings.

If you cant quit with vape, you are hopeless

>That doesn't work, that's not how nicotine addiction works.
I haven't smoked a cigg for about a year, and that's what does it for me.

Mind you, when I was smoking I was only smoking 5 ciggs a day max.

The thought of smoking now repulses me---makes me feel yucky and disgusting and basically tarnishes one of the most important organs in my body.

FUCK THAT.

It doesn't work like that retard. Even a singular PAH molecule can cause cancer potentially. The more you smoke, the more is likely you get ill.

>the biggest redpill about smoking is "It's all in your head!". You've been brainwashed to think you need a cigarette. Read this book to deprogram yourself. (Allen Carr - The easy way to stop smoking) Try to make it to 3 weeks, then everything is easier.

>implying you don't look like a faggot when you have green mucous that looks like the Jolly Green Giant raped your mouth coming out of your throat