Am I being taken advantage of, or am I just naturally helpful?

Am I being taken advantage of, or am I just naturally helpful?
Basically I'm a depressed loner in general, but for some reason I automatically shine when I do smalltalk and when someone asks me for help.

Attached: 1550283921170.png (432x432, 200K)

Everyone likes a good listener. Never change user, but yeah try and not be taken advantage of.

What is the issue or question? More details please.

Not sure actually, guess I'm anxious. I don't know what personality I really have.
When I'm on my own I easily get angered and bored. But for some reason I attract attention from strangers to help them.
I mean small stuff like picking things out of reach for elderly or answering directions, but still.
I worry all the time that noone in the world likes me because I'm unlikeable, but I'm a people magnet.

You are being taken advantage of if helping that person costs you something and you get nothing in return. Reaching something for an old lady or giving directions is not being taken advantage of. If someone constantly asks for favors and as soon as you need something they are always busy then you are being taken advantage of.

That's a good way to look at it. Huh. Guess I'm safe.

About personality though. Why is it that I can't not be friendly with everyone? Only someone who truly pissed me off won't get the attention of a best friend.
But I feel fake. I feel like it's not "me". "I" spend all freetime procrastinating, being bored and getting irritated/angry over tiny things. But around people I could laugh if I was trampled and would just joke about it.

That means you look like a nice and approachable young man

I'm ugly, I wear dark clothes and I probably smell bad. I don't get it. I get stressed when I don't get it.

Sounds like normal human nature to me. Continuing to be a great force in the world, give without expectations.

You’re clearly being taken advantage of, user. Avoid nasty cunts at all costs!

Thank you.

Meh I'm just overthinking things.

A listening ear isnt being taken advantage of, what is is trying to be helpful and people givec you grunt work just so they dont have to do it themselves.

How can I tell if it's grunt work?
I'd probably just assume that they're too weak or hurting.

You're probably more social than you realise. Why do you say you're a loner?

I don't feel worthy of friendships. I left my ex because I was too depressed to better myself and decided on my own that I was making her miserable. I have no friends and no desire for them since I never go outside. Online, I accept friend requests and remove them after a few weeks because noone says anything - it wasn't better back when I tried to be the one initiating.
Aside from family and strangers when I'm out buying groceries, or coworkers, I don't talk. I never have anything worthwhile to say anyway. Online, I join my brother's group only if I'm invited, and I leave if he does because while they're fun on occasion I'm disinterested in spending time around them.

I can relate. You should get a cat. Or a dog. Dogs are nice. It won't let you feel alone and the only way to make them miserable is neglecting them. But you sound like a good person who will take care of it.

I want to but I'm not allowed to own pets in this apartment aaahhhhhh

Neither one. You want them to like you so you go in overdrive

What work do you do user?

Two cafeterias but I only go to one per day, wherever I'm needed.
One is at a college, the other next to an elderly home. It fits me so well because it's a lot of sitting and chilling between periods of cleaning, restocking and selling/smalltalking with customers.

Uh?