Ghosting

My friend has recently stopped replying my texts even though I know she reads them. Since I know this will be asked, I am a 21 year-old man, she is a 21-year old woman. We dated briefly a year ago, but stopped on her account.

I've gone over the possible reasons but it doesn't make much sense. She always used to reply within the day, usually right after reading them. I don't think she's mad at me, once a guy in our friend group did something to piss her off and she went off at him through text, she speaks her mind often. I'm just kind of confused. Can someone give me a possible explanation?

Attached: 1488219482312.jpg (437x501, 46K)

you shouldve ended the friendship when she ended the relationship
dont be a beta orbiter, and dont make excuses too

this.
op, it seems you want her more than she wants you. it should be vice versa.

First of all we're in the same department and know a lot of the same people. She's actually the Vice-President of the Club i'm president of. Second of all, it's possible to not be a spastic retard that hits on someone after they've said no and still remain friends with them.

i said no excuses
also if shes your vp she should have respect and msg you back, but she doesnt so yeah
judge by actions, youre irrelevant for her
shes probably getting dicked by some dude and too busy to talk to you

>i said no excuses
Not an argument. Take your "alpha-beta" pseud bullshit out of here.
>shes probably getting dicked by some dude and too busy to talk to you
She's probably the most nervous person i've met when it comes to relationships, so I seriously doubt that. Thanks for the same paranoid answers every man on this site gives bro.

lol you are getting ghosted, and posting about it online. YOU are the one who is paranoid. ghost her back and dont put more effort into the relationship than she does.

I'm looking for explanations I haven't seen, because she's my friend and I want her to keep being my friend. This is inconsistent with how she's been in the past, even when we weren't dating, that's the problem.

hey man ur the one getting ghosted, if you dont wanna listen to us dont post in the first place

dont chase women, and if its a business matter maybe shes bad at what she does

If you're actually friends just ask her. If you're not close enough to ask her why she isn't responding to your messages then it's obviously not a valuable friendship you have to keep.

Fair enough. That's a good point

Also remember that friendship goes both ways. She might just be going through something right now, but if she makes no effort to be friends with you then don't waste your time.

Speaking totally from my personal experience here

It's because you're the kind of person who dwells on trying to make sense of why people decide to distance themselves from you

I know that sounds like circular reasoning but try to understand what I'm getting at. People don't want to be around those who feel compelled to logically validate their decisions just to accept them.

>People don't want to be around those who feel compelled to logically validate their decisions just to accept them.
Could you expand on this a little? I generally keep my thought process to myself

The statement pretty much speaks for itself. You'd be surprised how much of your internal thought processes project outward, though. It's a mode of thinking which impacts the way you interact with the world. I strongly recommend against taking an approach to life where you need to make sense of everything in order to move past it.

Shes fucking someone else or really likes them and responding to you anymore just isn't a priority. She knows it won't be long before you discover she's in deep with someone else and doesn't want to deal with you.

come on OP. She knows you are sticking close expecting her one day to reconsider. Seriously, I have real friends (male and female) and never keep track of how quickly they respond. Just never enters my mind.

>I strongly recommend against taking an approach to life where you need to make sense of everything in order to move past it
This is just how I am though. I have a large friend group and I generally get along with strangers, so obviously it hasn't been affecting everything.

Oh sorry you're perfect so I'll answer your OP. You're right and she's being a bitch, just because.

I don't think she's a bitch and i'm not sure i'm right. I'm just responding to your statement, calm down.

Might it be that those people are just fortunate enough to have made decisions you agree with? I guess it's convenient to be around people who are always aligned with your ways of thinking. I'm not sure that's an effective way to grow as a person though. It's also not reliable; it's just a matter of time until they make choices which you can't accept at face value.

That wasn't me.

I disagree with my friend's about many things, but I generally let it slide unless they start to bug me about it. I understand the need to grow as a person with disagreements and i've had quite a few.

So let this slide. Or is it that you only do that with less consequential disagreements, and this one is too big to let go?

Fine. I've got feelings for her. I was hoping I could ignore them and keep being friends, but if I obsess over something like this i'm just going to make myself miserable. I'll just let it go for now. If she wants to text me she can text me. Thanks for the advice.