There's this girl I used to be really good friends with and had a crush on like 7 years ago during high school...

There's this girl I used to be really good friends with and had a crush on like 7 years ago during high school. After that, we sort of drifted apart but maintained contact over social media.

Around 3 years ago, I acted overly edgy during the 2016 US presidential election and she ended up cutting off contact with me. Issues that came up during that election were very personal to her and I had made light of many of them.

Well now, I've been feeling extremely bad about it for the past month and I've had similar bouts of remembering it and feeling extremely bad for weeks on end. I had lost her respect. I was a friend she often confided in and I broke the trust that we had.

Should I reach out to her? I will be perfectly honest and say that my motives to reaching out would be equal parts trying to mend and old friendship and trying to make myself feel better about what I had done.

Attached: komfy kate.png (409x500, 245K)

?

Nah Fuck her. Move on. Cherish the good memories and move on

Do it. You don't talk to her anyways. What's the worse that could happen you guys continue to not talk?

My worry is that reaching out to just apologize might just be... weird?

It is weird, but would you rather be the weird guy that felt sorry and cared or the edgy asshole who never looked back?

Is there anything you do that isn't "weird" already? This will be just one more thing.

yeah it's cringe but who knows. maybe they'll appreciate the gesture and rethink their image of you. can't really go worse other than getting your pride hurt a little or unless you really fuck up and be an asshole.

Thanks guys I went ahead and sent her a message.What kind of stuff should I anticipate to hear back in a situation like this

Very surface level plainly avoiding the conversationwithout being rude is most likely, followed by
>why are you talking to me

But hey it might not be that, too

Probably silence. She'll read it and think about it. It will be a pleasant surprise if she responds, but most likely scenario is radio silence. Sorry for the grim prediction user; I hope I'm wrong.

Maybe silence. Maybe a response. Keep us posted, buddy.

Thanks guys, it's okay I don't expect much. Just hoping it leaves a net positive impact somehow.

What did the message you sent her say?

Attached: msg.png (449x180, 11K)

Do you want her to respond? Saying bye makes it seem like you don't want her to respond.

>leaves a net positive impact
Kek. Won't happen I guess.
After all: You are you and don't have to change for a girl. People who cut contact because of political opinions are morons anyway. Even though I can understand her. I cut contact to the extrem leftists. But just because I fucking hat refugees and niggers 24/7 while they are like "Oh you racist. Those poor people"
Leftists are the same shit as niggers and refugees.

I added that specifically as a way of making her feel less obligated to respond. I know these kinds of messages can just be generally awkward so essentially prefacing it with "no expectations of forgiveness" and "ok bye" gives her an easier out to just not respond and just accept the message as is with no input needed from her unless she feels compelled to.

That's not saying I don't want a response, but I also don't want her to be in a position where she feels like she has to.

This.
OP you are braindead

I mean in the end, it's off my chest which achieves 50% of my goal.

Probably a little bit, yeah

Has she read it yet?

Nope, it's rather late where she lives, so I wouldn't expect her to read it for a while. Sorry if you anons are waiting to see what happens

It's been a few hours. Anything?

Bump

The timing will seem odd to her for sure, think about what you're gonna say when she asks "why now". Other than that its not that weird. You should probably say what you told us about feeling sorry and that your edginess was not worth it and wanting to reconnect. That its a sore memory and so on.

This user is right. But hopefully it works out.

Bump. You get anything, user? She read it?

She told me she was so happy to hear it, then she invited me over by her place and we had sex.

Just kidding. Based on the fact that OP is getting advice for this kind of stuff from an anime imageboard, I figure she probably doesn't want anything to do with him.

>I figure she probably doesn't want anything to do with him.
Probably. But he said they were close friends and she confided in him, so you never know. Maybe time helped and things got better.

OP, are you here?

Fucking faggot
No one wants to hear your bitching, she might've actually respected you if you stuck to youre convictions but no one wants a cuck as their friend

>calling yourself a bigot
Fuck man, grow a pair.

No she is done with you and found a real man

Attached: 579446162_Kate_Miccusi_Naked_123_176lo.jpg (594x594, 139K)

samefag

no just three men with the same correct advice

you are literally retarded

from a completely non political perspective, you are a pussy

Because some dude wants to make things right?

Apologize and move the fuck on. Learn from this. Don't try to reform your friendship, you fucked up.

Because you're a spinless faggot s o y b o y

no, you didn't make things right

You bent your knee to this girl for no fucking reason. And the way you went about it reeked of fucking teenage angst

Kill yourself

>I will be perfectly honest and say that my motives to reaching out would be equal parts trying to mend and old friendship and trying to make myself feel better about what I had done.

Yep this sounds like a good plan to me, I don't think she will hold on to the anger that long. But the question is what if she asks if you are still a democrat

It may be wierd but rebuilding a beautiful friendship makes it worth it.

Nope it's probably just the same and wrong fag

what issues did you make light of? abortion ? pro lifers can go suck a dick that shit is stupid

OP, where art thou?

Yeah I'm sure you're the one cutting contact

24 hours later and I don't think OP has come back since Wish there was an update.

If you're a conservative then don't give up your beliefs for some bimbo. Theres plenty of fish in the sea and there are some good females out there who haven't been cucked

t. Incel

This. What did you do, op?

OP is a fag who abandoned thread.

>the absolute state of the """"alt"""" right
lmaoing so hard rn

what did he mean by this?

God dammit, OP

Okay guys, OP here. I have an update.

I just found out from a friend that she just died in a car accident. I'm in total shock right now. I can't believe this is happening.

No, she never read the text. Now she never will. I feel so awful.

Attached: 1558628284367.jpg (628x960, 48K)

>that she just died in a car accident.
Like a few days before you sent the message?

no, a few days after

damn.

I mean, it could have happened the day he sent that message, fuck face.

>I had lost her respect. I was a friend she often confided in and I broke the trust that we had.
>Should I reach out to her?

No lol

I've seen this copy pasta before

bump