What's your opinion on hookup culture...

What's your opinion on hookup culture? It seems like such a waste of time because you are doing something intimate with someone who will replace/forget about you.

Attached: 1491432074247.jpg (1068x856, 156K)

Meh, when your young sex with anyone is fun and you want to get experiences but it doesn't compare to the sex you have with a girl that you actually love.

I understand why people do it. Sex isn't about being in a relationship anymore and for some people it's more fun to have sex with many different people. The whole experience is remembering each one rather than being tied to one person.
I don't understand sex though, I don't think I will ever want to have sex. But I guess it's like having cars. I like having my own car but if I could just rent a different car every day for cheap I'd probably like that a lot too.

I think it's completely pointless. Unless the point is to "ruin" people by making them think either too highly of themselves because they can get sex whenever they want (women) or think too low of themselves because the aforementioned women won't have sex with them (men.) Studies have shown countless times the people who have the longest, most fulfilling, most satisfying relationships are the ones where both men and women abstained from hookups and/or followed strict monogamy.
The worst part of it all is how overly sexualized our culture is in general. But I guess that's another topic.

sex feel good

never successful for me

How many times are we going to have this “””advice””” thread?

Not the type of environment I want my kids to grow up in for certain. It abrases the concept of values and a strong nuclear family.
As to what other people do, I don't care.

Laughing at you

It's really pathetic and sad. Then again, I'm a virgin, so I don't think I'm allowed an opinion anyways

>sex with anyone is fun
Found the fag

Got a link to any of the studies? I'd like it to be true but i'm really not sure.

It depends on your goals. Sex is fun and that can be enough in and of itself. That said, data shows the current generation is having less sex than ever before so I wonder if hookup culture is just a buzz phrase

I know some people who have sex a lot with different people but plenty more who don't have sex at all or do it with their partners only.

I'm not that into it. Tried a few times, but it just makes me feel more lonely afterwards.
I prefer to have sex with someone that really matters to me, someone I know and can explore in detail. To each their own.

Of course the studies will show that. The people that abstain from hookups are the ones looking for long and meaningful relationships. Likewise, the people that find the most enjoyable hookups are the ones that want to have hookups and enjoy hookups. It's not exactly rocket surgery.

What's next? A study performed at an opera found that people really enjoy opera?

Have sex.

>this is attractive in the usa

>all of those beta rejects

>What's your opinion on hookup culture?

fucking stupid because you are helping STD's spread and you are playing with the lives of innocent children. also casual sex causes women to have more trauma. women are so traumatized they honestly believe they could be born again virgins by going to church and praying.

That's like saying sports video games tv hiking or whstever you do is a waste of time
It's fun. If you don't like it don't do it but it's not a waste, it's just how some people use their time.

Where in the fuck do you get your world view?

Not for me but if people like that sort of thing then more power to them.

Seems like hookup culture is worth if you live alone/ are mature enough and for a limited period of time.

Clearly is not for making relationships, just to satisfy a necessity. The extreme is plan sex adiction, it feels good but unless you are a degenerate at the core, it's a ticket for having a very sad life.

Your perspective is obvious (easy to understand) and I think many more people than you think agree with that sentiment/logic.

The problem is that the matter of the fact (sex) kinda forces itself upon you whether you like it or not (I.e. you can't be celibate just for laughs, it's a motherfvcken challenge). On top of this it is implied in religion and known in science that sex is a confirmation very powerful that is much valued in stressful times.

So while I greatly value sex in spiritual context, I don't blame anyone who is a fvckboy/community chest

So you don’t watch a movie or read a book or seek a pleasant experience because after it’s done it will never be the same?

Moron. They asked about overall happiness, how happy you are with your sex life in general. People (especially women) who have a lot of sexual partners tend to be less fulfilled emotionally and sexually than those who commit to one person. If a woman who was a virgin when she got married says she is fulfilled sexually is she not being honest? If a woman who says she sleeps around says she is not, is she lying? Just because you read a lot of bullshit on r/cuckold and r/openrelationships doesn't exactly mean those people are being honest and forthright. They are likely putting on a facade.

women don't produce millions of sperm they are not meant to have multiple partners. casual sex with multiple men will cause them to have trauma.

Same fag. Either a washed up cat lady or a 22 year old beta reddit male trying to be edgy and stick up for women who won't sleep with him.

I don't care, I'm laughing hard rn

the only thing laughable is what a retarded faggot loser you are. literally lol'ing @ u rn!

Attached: youdumblol.png (1066x600, 276K)

How is horny twenty somethings a culture? Quit degrading the English language.

Please don't pretend to know anything about behavioural psychology... Humans are immensely more complex than this..

of course you don't care for the spread of hiv/aids. the psychological effects of casual sex and the murder of innocent children by aborting them. you women sure like to laugh about it and take pride for it.

Sort of. Women secrete bonding hormones during sex. If they are emotionally bonded to a lot of men through casual sex it's naturally going to disrupt

>If they are emotionally bonded to a lot of men through casual sex it's naturally going to disrupt
And I’m sure you have a source that backs up your claim right?

Lolz you sure claim to know everything about women despite not spending time with them

It was fun back in the 2000s when women had no confidence and even fatasses were pulling hot chicks. Now that its 2019 and we've "empowered" women into being disgusting, you need to be a 6ft tall ripped Chad just to pull landwhales, or insanely rich, which is my goal.

Attached: 7b0.jpg (255x224, 13K)

Women are evil, what else is new?

Both men and women do this... It's highly addictive which is where our pair bonding comes from, you're not wrong.. but if a woman (or man) is with multiple men/women during the same timeline it's the same chemical doing the same shit. It's no different chemically from if you had sex with one person a lot. Worst case scenario shell be in love with multiple people, and probably have some drama.

If she finds herself in a committed relationship there is no Ill effect.

If she abstains from sex entirely for a period of time her system cleans out for the exact same reason people get over breakups or beat addictions. Systems restore themselves and get used to being without something that was once there in abundance.

Again. Stop pretending you understand any of this. You have read the extreme bare minimum using your lens to confirm your shitty views of how you think women should behave. It's a huge headache from my side of the keyboard.

T. Psychology minor.

Women don't like me and don't interact with me, so I actually have no idea.

It isn't for me, and that's that. If others find joy in it, why not? Let them do as they please.

For all the moaning you incels do about promiscuous women, all of those I used to go to highschool with were the first to get married and start families, or they are mostly in long-term relationships (after their hookup-phase, obviously). It's almost as if being experienced with how to act around guys and in bed is actually an advantage.

And still were far more dynamic and complicated when it comes to these things. I'm responding to your dumb generalisations with the actual generalisations but the rules don't apply to individuals the same way across the board.

As a late twenties man, I think it's ok. Sex can be great with strangers and I don't think it should just be tied to marriage or serious relationships.

That being said, I think sex education is too poor and people are far too self centered to make it worth the effort. I have had sex with about 80 women and I can count the amount who have gotten me off with their mouth/hands on one hand, it just makes you wonder what the point of all the effort is.

I think we have a generation of women who are largely whores that fuck like prudes, the whole sex positive thing is a social performance and doesn't actually translate to developing sexual confidence/skills.

I remember once I had sex with a 34 year old woman and she was fine with me eating her out, fingering her, and eating her ass, but when I licked her armpit she stopped me because it was too intimate. It's a very bizarre mentality and I don't really know where it comes from.

Call me Carlson but i don't think it is fun if you find youreself on the lusing site. I am scoring 0 after 0 at this game. Don't think it is fun without succers behind you to bust youre self esteem and position.
Its realy about getting in early, making mistakes and learning quick just so one finds many frinds to stop sociale isolation.
To bad i did my prep worke the other way around, shit.

Fat shit, dum, bad grades, frinds moging group. Fucks every girl by making them drunk at age 15. I run away school kills me. Think school is live almost kill myself. He fucks and fucks. Gets frinds and social standing. He knows she wanted me. Abouses it and turns her feelings around. Cause i give fals promises i forget about in sekonds and never showing up to horny girls i ruin my live. Me stupid liptard after all. We all fail. Even if we try 124% there is a whole world you can be blind to see.

This, so much this.

The faster you get it out of your system, the healthier for you. Promiscuity IS a phase whether you like it or not, it NEEDS to happen.

Why?

It's fun, and you get more experience with the opposite gender.

But why is that needed, as you stated?

The only aspect I hate is online dating but I feel like I have to do it now since I moved to a smaller town and work night shift. When I was younger I had a shitty job with no car but felt like I was doing better with women because most interactions were in person.

Now, especially online, every girl has dozens of betas messaging her and even the boring girls will not bother with you unless you have 800+ IG photos of you going all over the world with friends.

Part of this is a fault with me, I cant read in between lines at all especially in brief text messages

Telling women they can't have sex is really yucky and distasteful.

Yeah but that doesn't really answer the question.

Why are you so friggin obsessed with it anyways?

You're the one who said you NEED to be promiscuous. You're the one that sounds obsessed.

I feel like there is a large group of people who are having way more sex than usual, and then a large group of people not having sex at all.

Because having sex is healthy.. if a girl hasn't had multiple aprtners before settling down then she's unhealthy.

Okay. WHY is she unhealthy?

Inability to let herself loose. Letting society tell her what to do. Delusion that witholding sex for marriage is going to make her happy.

These are all things unnecessary in a healthy human society. But of course you can discuss its pros with the tribe elders if you want

Does it really seem that impossible that maybe not everyone enjoys "letting loose" or feels that "society is telling them" not to have sex?

This is what sluts want you to think

Problem is that other studies have pointed out that individuals in a relationship report notably lower levels of happiness when questioned separately from their significant other.

I was born in the 80's, so hook up culture wasn't really a thing until around the time I was already in a long term relationship. It's not really something I care for. Sex is easy to get for me as a female and I'm not looking to get a new VD every week. I want more than just physical gratification and hook up culture is exactly that.

Attached: 28020216-shaved-side-hairstyle.jpg (600x751, 228K)

that's gonna be a yikes from me dawg.

It's fun, and boosts your ego, but it isn't meaningful in the long term, and I think a lot of people get destroyed by the idea that they have all of this sex, but not real love.

In my case, its made sex much more fufilling, especially when your younger. It feels like I earned it instead of taking some girl home who probably isn't compatable with me anyways.

I wish it actually existed. Most people aren't mature enough and catch feelz.

>It seems like such a waste of time because you are doing something intimate with someone who will replace/forget about you.
What kind of logic is this? You're having a good time with someone, who cares if they want to have a good time with others? It's like getting mad that your girlfriend not only cooks for you but also her friends and family.

>why should you care if she's fucking Tyrone tonight? She'll fuck you tomorrow night!

that's a big yikes from me

From me too. Insecurity is one of the most disgusting and destructive traits humans have.

Why should I care, I can only fuck hookers anyways?
The way I see it, the modern hook-up culture is just nature hitting the emergency brakes. Too many dysgenic men out there. Too many fat soibois like me who were getting pussy that they didn't deserve. Now nature got tired of it. Now only the best men will get pussy.

almost as shallow and destructive as short term hookups

Shallow, sure but there is nothing destructive about getting your dick sucked, assuming you're somewhat picky on who does it to minimize STDs risk.

I fucking hate it, it ruins my day whenever I even hear in passing about men hooking up and being promiscuous.
How am I to find another virgin to settle down with when they can all fuck some whore with ease? And we all know men have no self control so of course they're all used up now.

Makes life seem pointless. Long term bonding is impossible now.

You can say whatever you want, it does not change the fact that it's a thing now. What pisses off conservatives the most is that despite all their fearmongering, promiscuity doesn't seem to have any negative effect. People are going to have sex no matter what, just let them do it.

>also casual sex causes women to have more trauma. women are so traumatized they honestly believe they could be born again virgins by going to church and praying.

Attached: calm down robot.jpg (1600x1026, 459K)

I hate hook-up culture just as much as I hate dating and for the exact same reason: I'm an outsider to it.

>promiscuity doesn't seem to have any negative effect
depends pretty hugely on what you consider a negative effect, considering the amount of partners one has seems to be inversely correlated with one's chance to have their marriage last, in addition to single-parent household rates having skyrocketed, and std rates on the rise (in the us, at least) despite overall lower levels of sex, but if you don't think those are an issue (especially the first, as you may think that marriage is an irrelevant or archaic institution), then sure

women aren't worth anything beyond a nice set of 3 holes dude. after being in thailand for 6 months, and fucking 64 girls (mostly freelance hookers) i can't be bothered to do anything other than hand a woman money in exchange for her vagina. I don't even like to look at women like fellow human beings. they're worthless, dangerous, and lack agency

>. I want more than just physical gratification and hook up culture is exactly that

Yeah. I honesty grew up in hookup culture times and I got married at 21. No desire at all to sleep around.

I have never been part of it and I have only met a handful of people who took part in it so I like to think it is pretty rare here but I wouldn't know.
I don't think I want to take part in it given the option but I am about desperate enough to not care if she doesn't like me.

Than get introduced by friends and be clear what you want.

Dating for long term results.

>tfw 34 year old khv
missed out on so much. feels bad

>Sex partners are like cars

That's actually a really good comparison

>29 year old khv

I know that feel bro.

Fuck off roastie

LOL you said community chest, I havent ever heard anyone else say that before I thought I made it up. Top tier insult

I don’t really care I mean if something happens great, if something develops outta that, well fantastic, the last girlfriend i had started as a hook up, we were coworkers, we went for a night out with other people, we all ended up @my place, and one by one everyone left, well except her, we had sex, it was weird for a while, then it happened again, then we became fwb, and 3 months into the fwb relationship it became a real relationship, exclusive and everything, we lived 4 years together and separated because we had different plans

You are extremely ignorant and self assured at the same time. It's ridiculous to think the crude simplistic biological-behavioral model can explain anything.

whores making more whores

I think it's toxic because people expect too much from it. If it was just like "Hey, stranger, let's feel good for a bit" then whatever. But people take everything to such extremes. Twisting it into a sick competition, judging performance, etc. Reminds me of those guys who go from having a cold beer after work to becoming snobs about microbrews and shit.

Fucking white people ruin everything.

I dislike it.

I don’t like casual sex, but for 85% of the girls I find myself around, it’s the main topic they want to discuss. That, and how many men they’re talking to/ how many free drinks they got last time they went out. It’s like a competition for attention, and I find it abhorrent.

I mostly end up pursuing friendships with guys since they don’t talk about such annoying shit, but that comes with it’s own set of problems that all seem to come back to hookup culture.

Fuck our generation. Why is everything about sex?