Name change

What does Jow Forums think about name changing? I've recently moved to a new town and I don't know anyone here except a few distant family members. I've always disliked my name and I feel this is probably the only opportunity I have to change it because I have somewhat of a fresh start. My parents also really wouldn't care if I did anyway. Is it worth it, or just autistic.

Attached: hello-my-name-is-horiz_sua6e9.jpg (448x300, 77K)

I mean, the world is your oyster man, but you've got to ask yourself if this is an opportunity for some personal growth, or if changing your name is really the best solution to your problem.

You can change your name, but you'll never erase your history.

someone tell this underage to stop posting

Oh no, I'm totally offended by your shit posting and pre-pubescent argumentative tactics.

Can't you at least try to be funny or something? I barely have the will to live, nevermind volunteer work.

>pre-pubescent argumentative tactics
>me simply calling you underage

if only you could see the irony behind your kneejerk response in contrast to my original post

we really are engaging a teenager appeasing his narcissism

Sad!

It's pre-pubescent tactics, because it's the same tactics children use when they think they're being clever. If you respond, you're obviously mad. If you don't then it just proves them right.

Slight annoyance is really the most I can muster, sorry. That seems to be what you're going for, though. Now you're just trying to attack me with your shitty inconsistent grammar. I will not have this, sir. My laziness will prevail.

I feel like depending on the name (maybe rare exceptions like that XKCD comic where a kid is named '); drop table students ;--), that just adds unnecesssary stress to your life unless you're being stalked or something.

>If you respond, you're obviously mad. If you don't then it just proves them right.
no, if you respond thoughtfully and not with your snarky "I know everything" attitude you would prove me wrong because you aren't being egotistical, and you go on to further exemplify my point by criticizing my *grammar* of all things.

What is it, in your personal life, are you struggling with to make you this insufferable?

How do you expect anyone to take you seriously?

Thanks for the advice, in a way I feel like it is to remove myself from my past as I went through a lot of hardship growing up. And starting completely new is very appealing. Is that necessarily a bad thing? You're also right about not being able to erase history. Do you see my dilemma here?

What part of, "someone tell this underage to stop posting" do you believe to be deserving of any form of thoughtful response?

I'd already called your bait. I have no interest in how you choose to present yourself, but if you're going to give me a big red button to push, it'd be rude not to.

I matter to the people that I care about; For today, that's good enough.

Maybe you should stop posting before you get banned, you literal pollutant. I dread the thought of your posts gracing the retinas of so many innocent people's eyes without any proper gear to shield them from your retardation.

No seriously, you have self awareness level 1.

The reason this is getting dragged out is because you aren't being in any way likable or humble about the matter, which is why you come off as a completely oblivious retard, but I imagine you're quite used to that, you lazy fuck.

All I did was ask for advice and you niggas come starting shit out of nowhere. This is literally a Mongolian basket weaving forum, do you not have anything else better to do.

Yup, sure.

Next time, make sure you get the right person though. There's more than two people that understand how to properly form grammatically correct sentences on this board.

And I don't believe you're one of them.

I dare you to fucking grammar check me

Samefag as See but that's what I'm saying (too?). You can't just try to erase your memories or your past by changing your name.

Then once you've finished with that, you have to get used to the change.

A while back, I tried something similar, although obviously not quite the same as changing your real life name. There was a website I frequented for some years, but over time I started to get unduly insecure about my posts and reputation. So I tried to adopt a new persona and hide who I was. I was successful in obfuscating my presence.
But it didn't change anything. The insecurities just resurfaced and the facade crumbled.

I took the name and persona to another site too. It wasn't a big deal there, but either way it didn't do anything.

Can we not consider that a name is just a jumble of sounds that has no meaning or beauty until we give it such?
Maybe you can change your name, but is it worth the trouble? More than that,is there something you're just trying to avoid by changing your name? Because that will only lead to disappointment in the end, at least in my experience.

What I should've said anyway.

What if work through my issues, insecurities, etc while having a new name. I can't erase history but I can change the future.

If you do decide to do it, do it legally and be sure to get your social security, school records, drivers license and everything else changed

Well I guess I can understand such a thing. To remind yourself that you are not the same person you were yesterday.

I guess the real question is how much of a hastle would it be? Would I recieve mail addressed to my old name and would that cause a problem? Would office people sigh in frustration when I told them my name changed? Would old familyor friends have trouble getting in contact with me? What's the court process like in my country? Would it cost me anything? How much time would it take out of my life? Etc..

Why should he do it legally? This seems the reverse of what he should do and another thing I forgot to advise him about, that he doesn't necessarily legally change his name (which was my assumption). But thank you for pointing that out even if I'm unsure of your intentions.

Actually, no that could be more consistent. But see then there's all that shit to deal with.

But I mean yeah if you find it an empowering thing to do, then sure do it.
Just be aware of the caveats.

And whether you want to take on those caveats (caveats was not best word. Maybe more like 'potential issues')

Now y'all got me cold feet on this idea. I just figured I really only have one shot at life so I might as well mold it to the best of my ability. But you are right there are many legal issues which will come up.

Do it legally because otherwise somewhere down the line he will have trouble proving he is he. (How does he get full credit for social security when his card is in a different name? How does he get a passport or drivers licence if his birth certificate is different? etc etc etc)