Is it ever appropriate to ask out somebody who works retail or should I just give up on the idea?

is it ever appropriate to ask out somebody who works retail or should I just give up on the idea?

Attached: 1491580810735.jpg (878x814, 227K)

bump because i want to know too

No

yes if there are already vibes. absolutely not, if you havent said anything to each other and she just hands you a receipt.

t-to which part

how to pick up vibes? I am dense as fuck

do you know her from somewhere else or have engaged in a conversation with her in the store.

i'm saying, don't let the first time you have a conversation with her be a brief exchange where you ask for her number.

maybe you talk to her. and then talk to her again another time and then ask for her number or see if yall have something in common enough to go to an event together...

im not op, and in my case its a waitress. how shitty would it be for me to leave number on table?

it is only weird if you are currently a complete stranger to her.

there most be rapport first.

if you do leave the number, consider leaving a note as well

Just don't, in my experience.

i'm op and same question
she regularly makes small-talk with me whenever i come in but i'm petrified of being another fucking weirdo that took her general friendliness for flirting
it's happened before and i haven't had my favorite breakfast sandwich since as a result

that sucks about the breakfast sandwich.

here are examples of the men who have been most successful with me (not to be weird, im nobody... just telling my experience):

1) take an interest in something im interested in or find some middle ground (ex: we both like to cook)
2) segue the common ground into a specific activity (ex: we both like radiohead and they are coming to town this weekend..."wanna sit in the nosebleeds with me?")
3) have a plan for if she says yes and follow up

You mean like when not busy at work? Sure.
You mean because they're in retail? Sure.

Flirt with her dummy. You'll know instantly. I understand your sentiment you gotta do something. If you want to be sure, go back a couple more times and do the chat before you get real.

Not really no: they're at their place of work. But also, who gives a fuck about "appropriateness" for something like that? I mean the behavior to avoid is being an asshole or making someone's life harder.

The easy way to ask someone out while they're working is to give them a business card or to write your number on a piece of paper. If you're super shy you don't even have to say why, they'll figure it out.

That keeps the recipient from having to explicitly reject you while on the job, and if they're not interested they literally have to do nothing and it shouldn't be a big deal for you or for them even if you see them again.

A lot of the responses here are shit like "you have to get to know them first, establish some rapport, blah blah blah". Not true. Your chances of them being interested in you may be higher, but you don't have to do any of that. You're just taking a shot to see if it works out.

If you're the type of shrinking violet that's going to sit at home and fret all night "oh no, someone might think something about me", then there's no answer for you in how to go about asking someone out, in any situation. You just aren't going to be well equipped to deal with any sort of social interaction, let alone dating.

Depends, retail requires you to be overly nice to people so they might not be as interested as u think they are

>The easy way to ask someone out while they're working is to give them a business card or to write your number on a piece of paper.
I feel like that has never worked, even if you are incredibly attractive

Don't put someone on the spot about a date while they're required to be nice to you as part of their job, they basically have to act like you're a crazy stalker who's sexually harassing them because they don't know how you're going to react if they turn you down, and you might go to their boss saying they were rude to you and gave you bad service or something so they have to go on the offensive first, it just creates a really bad situation
I got transferred into this Gamestop where the whole staff had been let go for stealing from the till, and I became the only male employee aside from the store manager, who for some strange reason only hired cute underage girls
Marching awkward dudes out of the store after they made one of my coworkers uncomfortable became a depressingly regular part of my job, I've seen dozens of guys try asking out a cute girl in retail but I've never seen a single one succeed
Theoretically I think there could be an appropriate way to do it but you're still basically doomed because you're a customer, and therefore retail workers generally forget that you're a human being and not some kind of barely-sentient human-shaped gelatin creature that only exists to cause problems for them

its cute i kinda wish someone would do this to me. worse case scenario she just doesnt text you

You really shouldn’t.

This is ok

I'm getting the vibe of "If you have to ask you don't have the charisma to flirt and make it comfortable, so don't"

>Flirt with her dummy. You'll know instantly.
This is terrible advice. Many service industry girls play up the flirtiness for better tips

That's not really the worst case scenario for them though
Worst case scenario, she doesn't want to go out with you, and she also don't want to serve you again because she don't want you to ask her 'oh did you not get my number? I've been waiting for you to call me,' and so it creates a huge awkward situation whenever you come in again and she's got to get someone else to come take care of your table, and the whole staff resents you for putting them in this situation and so everybody winds up being cold to you until you stop coming in
And then they blame the waitress for losing you as a customer because she clearly flirted with you too much and led you on

Of course its appropriate. Isn't like you're asking a judge on the Supreme Court or some shit. Not a lot of etiquette going on in retail. I worked retail for a while. Bitches liked that shit.

How can I send you a wetransfer link fo a video of a guy picking up a girl on a shoue store?

>wetransfer link
I don't speak zoomer

The worse they can say is no

A ciool video about this situation

(https)(:)//(we).tl/t-jp(EBTFaTAj)

just remove the () ()

ain't no one clickin that shit nigga

It's real, just an .mp4 file
don't be such a pussy

Attached: Capture.png (480x531, 248K)

It's real
And it show hos easy it is.
It's so easy after you dont give a fuck

Attached: Capture2.png (639x459, 453K)

Check the video bro.

Even if the girl rejects you, you will feel better.

Also girls love to get approached, even if they reject you. And many times they regret the rejection.

If you act it cool, you can try later. I'm telling you

Don't give a fuck, do whatever you want.

ain't no one clickin your virus rajeesh

Oh no an .mp4 file!

Attached: 1435443034951.jpg (561x552, 53K)

"MP4 (MPEG-4 Part 14) files are used to store digital video and audio streams defined by MPEG, but they can also be used to store other data to include subtitles and still images. Almost any type of file can contain viral/malicious code but only executable files can actually activate and spread the malware"

Attached: jose jose impactado.jpg (634x461, 31K)

MP4s can still trigger an exploit in certain video players...

>download my random link! I'm a retarded zoomer that doesn't remember viruses! wee wa woo wah!
Shut up faggot, either link it to a well known streaming service or piss off. Nobody wants to download some random executable file.

>MP4
>executable
Nice autism
Still, give a proper link, dumb zoomer

You'd be wrong and I am not incredibly attractive. You're also missing the point that it's an easy way to try to initiate something that doesn't demand an immediate response (or really any sort of response).

You believe this is what the result would be because you think that everyone else is like you and obsesses over the inconsequential shit that you do. Most people aren't fragile little buttercups incapable of facing a potentially "awkward" situation.

Man, I've seen that exact thing happen before, 'hey look, Prince Charming is back' 'oh shit I'm taking 15 then' 'okay I'll try to get rid of him'
It's not just an awkward situation if you're a woman having to reject some guy while you're at work, some guys get very vindictive about being turned down and you don't really know how he's going to take it until you do it, you're not being a fragile little buttercup if you're dealing with someone who could potentially decide to mess with your livelihood

unless you really know what you are doing, do not bother s girl while she's working. your odds of success are LOW

>giving your media player root access
I seriously hope you guys don't do this

Good idea to write something cute and a number

Don't do this. Establish yourself as a regular and be to the point where she talks with you a little when you come in. Depending on the establishment you may wind up sitting at the bar together, having a cigarette, etc. which makes asking a lot more natural. Otherwise wait until she recognizes you when you come in, then ask her to join you for something specific on your way out. Not "can we get coffee sometime?" but "Cannibal Holocaust is playing at the park this weekend, do you want to go?"