Go to work

>Go to work
>Go home after work
>legs hurt, too tired to do anything but lie on my bed
>call a friend, 9/10 of the time they're too busy
>end up spending the rest of the day on the computer, browsing Jow Forums, or trying to make some music
>money keeps proliferating on my bank account but I don't have anything I'd want to spend so much on
How do I break the cycle?

Attached: tenor.gif (526x536, 2.59M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/oaX6r7lAkuM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bump

Take up some hobbies. Do some research and find something that interests you.

Yeah I have hobbies, browsing Jow Forums, or trying to make some music

I started playing the recorder a year ago because I was bored and I love it. Learned to read music and everything. I'm currently studying Jacob Van Eyck's pieces. I'm trying to form a recorder SATB quartet to play music with, maybe perform for free in a park sometime or something I think that would be so cool. I live in a big city so I'm sure it's possible. I suck but we could play some really easy Pretorious or Gervaise pieces, who fucking cares. Something like this youtu.be/oaX6r7lAkuM I play the soprano and alto, I want to get a tenor but I'm worried my hands are too small (I have hilariously tiny hands for a man, it's shit). I'm 29.

Find a hobby and involve other people in it. I have only a year experience playing the recorder but I'm still trying to form a band.

you could buy me something then

why you complaining. Money is great, you can travel. Go to a secluded island and swim. The sun is surprisingly amazing on a tropical beach. Or just take up a cool sport like Table Tennis. Awesome shit

Well, do you want to keep doing those two things till the end of time? Join some meetup groups and you can find new hobbies and make new friends that way.

The problem is
>legs hurt, too tired to do anything but lie on my bed
I feel so spent from the job (or maybe from life in general?) that I find it difficult to detach myself from my computer and do something active. Whenever I do, I find myself lying in bed for the rest of that day. I go to the gym once a week, but even that feels like a huge ordeal to convince myself to do.
>meetup groups
Any reliable way to do this? I am eurofag and it's not big around here, meetup.com is almost exclusively IT shit

I'm not your sugar daddy

start collecting some old vidya, its fun. i recommend nintendo, start with the snes

I play old vidya, but physically collecting them I find pointless - it's awfully expensive, and inconvenient since I can download an entire rompack with more games that I'll ever have time to play in like an hour at most.

talk to people on discord about it then. or any other place about any other hobbies

Maybe a new job is needed to add some freshness to your life, and also to not be in pain at the end of every shift. What do you do for work? Is a job switch viable?

For meetups you might need to do some research around your city/town/region for events that interest you. Meetup is great if there's a healthy user base where you live but that's obviously not the case. If you like playing board games those are great meetup groups to try and branch out and meet people.

>What do you do for work?
I'm a radiologist.
>Is a job switch viable?
You tell me, I'm basically clueless about everything outside of medicine.
>meetups
Now that you mention boardgames, I do play MTG, but that's just a weekly get-together, something to force me to go outside once per week. I pondered about branching into more conventional tabletop games, but shit like Warhammer and D&D has an awfully high barrier of entry, and don't find it worth the undertaking when I don't even know yet who I'd be playing with in the first place.
Outside of that, I don't know anymore *shrug*

Perhaps a change of shoes/insoles can help alleviate your legs hurting at the end of the day. Proper footwear goes a long way in regards to how much your feet/legs hurt after an extended period of time. I don't think if a switch would necessarily be viable but you should look into more options to help alleviate the pain you feel in your legs, as that may be a contributing factor to you not wanting to do a whole lot. Are you on your feet a lot? I don't know how transferable the skills of a radiologist are in the medical world so I can't comment on that.

> I do play MTG, but that's just a weekly get-together
Do you hang out with any of these other players outside of the meetup? There's a potential to expand your social network there if you talk to the others. Maybe go out for a drink or something with them one day.

Since you're in Europe you must have lots of vacation time available, why not go on a vacation somewhere? Doesn't even need to be that elaborate of a vacation but leaving the house for a vacation is another excellent way to break up the monotony of daily life.

Develop alcoholism; become a shop-a-holic; take up gambling; go to places in the evening; read a book.

>footwear (...) Are you on your feet a lot?
Not really, most of my worktime is spent sitting behind a computer.
>I don't know how transferable the skills of a radiologist are in the medical world so I can't comment on that.
Tbh I'm frustrated enough with my job as it is that I actually wouldn't mind looking for a job outside of medicine. But as I said, I have no skills, and I think that I might have a problem with having a job as a principle, rather than with this particular job. I wouldn't at all mind working half as much for half the pay.
>Do you hang out with any of these other players outside of the meetup?
Not really, though we're on good terms. I've been with one or two of them on a pizza together, although our debate never left the topic of MTG.
>Since you're in Europe you must have lots of vacation time available, why not go on a vacation somewhere?
It's been months since I've had a vacation. And there are multiple things that frustrate me about vacations in general. I don't have any know-how about booking tickets, reserving hotels etc., and I have nobody to help me out with that. And going on a vacation abroad alone feels depressing. Thus I haven't left my country in several years and spend most of my vacation days at home.

>Develop alcoholism; become a shop-a-holic; take up gambling
Ugh no
>go to places in the evening
Too tired
>read a book
Poor attention span, I read short stories but only very sporadically.

save up money, trust me.
I was very similar to you and then I had an accident and had to have a surgery. I do live in europe so i have health care but was supposed to wait at least a year for operation. With money i got it in a few weeks.
Now I'm glad i never spent money on some stupid camera or dj set. When you're healthy you don't really think about that. also, you can buy a house and that's always nice.
life is boring and people who say otherwise are full of it. Live for simple pleasures my man

One good thing about being a doctor is having connections, so in the event of needing an operation I'll probably save a lot of money on the kind of stuff you describe. I have very lofty dreams of buying a ranch, but I have little hope that I'll ever get close to making it real - there's an exorbitant amount of money and effort involved, and I have neither to offer. I can barely muster enough effort after work to fix stuff in my tiny studio apartment... I've procrastinated on renting wifi there for about a month so far.
>life is boring and people who say otherwise are full of it. Live for simple pleasures my man
I dunno man, my life didn't feel boring in the past, I've had a girlfriend I loved, a lot of media to explore, art concepts to tackle... I've had a stereotype back then too, but at least it felt like I'm heading somewhere. Living to be able to take a non-bloody shit on the loo isn't exactly a high bar, not much motivating about that.

>at least it felt like I'm heading somewhere
I hate to break it to you user, but there's nowhere to head. I don't really know how to help you (since I enjoy the simple things) so i'll just head, but I must say, that ranch idea seems extremely comfy. I thought about becoming a farmer also, maybe try learning about permaculture, that was fun for me and kind of made me feel wholesome.

You do have skills though, you are a radiologist. You just need to market the skills you learned from that and you can apply that to almost any job. It's all about the wording on your resume.

I'm noticing a trend here and I do think that you have a lack of trying to initiate things and that's preventing you from breaking the cycle. If you don't have any know-how in booking tickets and reserving hotels how do you learn about it? Well you're going to have to take the initiative and research how to do these things. No one will hold your hand and show you how to do all these things. That goes for most things in life too.
> I've been with one or two of them on a pizza together, although our debate never left the topic of MTG.
Initiate new conversation topics. People love to talk about themselves so why not ask them stuff about themselves?

There's always somewhere to head. There doesn't have to be any metaphysical shit at the end of the road, fulfilling one's dreams is good enough a destination for me. But the bar for entry is too high for me to deal with alone. I don't even know where to start, whom to ask about things, whom to IRL share the dreams that I want to pursue with. Life has just become so confusing because I feel like I don't have anyone to confide in, or to give me a helping hand.

>I'm noticing a trend here and I do think that you have a lack of trying to initiate things and that's preventing you from breaking the cycle
Well, I mean... yeah, that's basically it, in simpler words.
>If you don't have any know-how in booking tickets and reserving hotels how do you learn about it?
I do understand that the only way is to just learn to do it, but after work I'm just too tired to bother and it's something that you need to plan a certain amount of time in advance of the holiday. I don't get to pick my holidays arbitrarily, so I can't readjust this "learning period" to whenever I'd feel like actually doing it though.
>No one will hold your hand and show you how to do all these things
In the past, when dealing with situations like these, usually somebody eventually came by, introduced me to the topic at hand, and I managed to pick it up afterwards on my own. I can't say "no one will" if it has already happened to me before. E.g. growing up, I didn't know how to bike, until my exgf taught me at 18yo in 2 days. Since then I had no problems with biking.
>Initiate new conversation topics. People love to talk about themselves so why not ask them stuff about themselves?
It's less the lack of topics and more the lack of mutual time we manage to muster together.

You might have some form of depression. A desk job shouldn't make you so tired every day. It's not a healthy way to live and you should speak to a doctor about this. Probably also why you don't want to do anything either.

There might be some truth in that, and I'm meeting a psychiatrist this friday. But I don't think the solution is to pop a prozac pill and go on with life. There are actual, recognizable physical bases to my unwellness.