How to force yourself to programming?

how to force yourself to programming?

Attached: program.jpg (1440x960, 122K)

Just go learn it
It's not difficult to learn the basics

but I know basics, I have problem with going further

Elaborate

t. programming chad

What do you mean by further? More advanced concepts? Different languages or frameworks?

You may be like me and distraction issues. I solved that by having a laptop in the kitchen dedicated to shit like Jow Forums and Youtube. While my workstation is strictly business.

Have a problem you want to fix with programming.

So now just make things you are intrested in like a sinple game or website and work up from there

Some people tell me that I make them feel inferior.

I don't like them thinking that I am trying to put them down.

Any advice on how to stop that ?

Attached: lEcMDOUwiq-714px-chomsky-hierarchysvg.png (714x515, 26K)

find a problem in your house to fix with programming.
It doesnt need to be a "real" problem. I once build a self watering plant case and wrote the code for it.
Just think about what you want to do, with programming everything is possible.

Yes. Make your own thread.

I have no problems beside having no money
I ahve no things that interest me
learning frameworks

bump

You're being very vague, so it will be hard to give you any useful advice.
>I have no problems beside having no money
>I ahve no things that interest me
These sound like you're not keeping your eyes open or you're being too picky. There isn't a single thing you could think of in this whole, wide world? It doesn't have to be the greatest, best idea that will revolutionize society, it just has to be an idea.

I just want to have passive income and travel around the world
god I wish I was truly interested in this fucking programming like guys like bill gates and steve jobs

bump

Jow Forums is a slow board, calm down with the bumps.
Becoming the next Steve Jerbs or Bill Gates is an extremely unrealistic goal, you're better off liquidizing your assets and dumping all of the money into lottery tickets. If making money is your goal, programming is a fine way to do it, but understand and accept right now that if you don't have any natural inclination for it, it will always be grueling work. A much more realistic goal for right now is to look at some job postings in your area and see what kinds of skills they're looking for. If you don't have those skills, figure out how to learn them. Once you do, try applying for a job. If you get it, great, start expanding your experience and seeing what better options are available. If you don't, figure out what you were missing and work on that.

bump

you, sir, are literally me, i work as a mechanical design engineer and i'm tired of being in an office for 8 hours a day. I want to program for fun and travel, but i'm stuck here. So, you prodigy programmers, what are ur motivations, what are you trying to accomplish?

Why do you think Prodigy programmers are on this board?

literally decide to do anything (game, app, site, whatever). Eventually you will learn whatever you need.

if you have to force yourself then its not for you
i code for a fintech company and i love it, i walk to work smiling and i get sad when i have to go, but then i come back home and I code some more of my own projects
if you don't have a love for programming then you won't cut it because you will plateau and lose interest as soon as you hit entry income

the best way to find out if its for you: if the money wasn't so good in this industry, would you still do it?

Programming is actually pretty cool. Try to find some way to connect with it and build some excitement for it.
What are you interested in?
For example if you like video games try to code your own simple game. You actually can make a simple browser game with some javascript.

Break your task into small pieces.
Spending 5 minutes planning your day can save 1-2 hours in execution.
It is important to know what the purpose of your task is, how it should be done and then how to do it.
You can rather quickly sketch out what to do and then relax while you do it.
Setting up a base system that has all the parts of your final system but doesn't do anything is ideal. Then you can complete components and see your progress.