How to be happy?

Looking for advice because I'm not just depressed, I'm tired of being depressed. Don't tell me to exercise and drink more water cz it's not the problem. Problem is I just feel my brain in a constant state of regurgitating the same negative pathways that it used to 5 years ago when I had anxiety. What should I do? Should I just fake being happy? "fake it til you make it"? Does that even work?

Attached: doomer.jpg.png (635x661, 198K)

Wherever you do, don't get a gf.
That's an emotional rollercoaster you aren't ready for.
Fake it till you make it man. Most importantly get some goals and track progress in some way shape or form.
And since you are a total basket case don't forget that you are only competing against yourself.
It also might be helpful to realize most people mope around all day and don't see it as a problem.
The hard part is identifying the issue the solution is invariably time and effort.

How old are you? My "teenager depression" started when I was 12 and didn't go "away" until I was 22. I had girlfriends, friends and hobbies. Those wasn't the problem.Now I'm 26 and I'm happier than ever although I have no idea what should I do with my life now.

Start a journal about your thoughts. You don't have to write in it every day, but make it a habit. I enjoy it so much I usually don't have to force myself to do it unless I get busy/personal reasons.

Set goals for yourself. Even small ones. Sometimes I'll keep a to do list and cross things off as I'll do them. I'll even write stuff I've done but didn't write down earlier just so I can cross it off and see the progress I made. It sounds dumb, but sometimes I need the little victories to keep me going.

Stay busy. Not just with TV and movies and video games but read, go outside, hang out with friends. Play a sport, learn an instrument. I know that's cliche but as a big ruminator I find my worst thought patterns occur when I'm alone and not doing anything for too long. It's easy to look back on the mistakes you've made and your regrets. It's okay to remember and learn from them, but obsessively turning things over in your head doesn't help you grow. It only hurts you.

Take each day one at a time. Work hard, eat good, get enough sleep. And if you slip up don't beat yourself up, just try to get back on track.

We're all going to make it user. I believe in you!

see a cognitive behavioral therapist

unironically shower less and go chill out in the sun more often. Also think instead of feel when possible.

Im 24

Step 1 in getting over depression. Fix these things, then it will be easier to deal with what is left.

Attached: TheSolution.jpg (1078x1400, 385K)

Fulfilling career and active romantic/social lives won't happen for people like us

I'd second a lot of the advice brother. Don't discount the importance of proper nutrition and exercise, but don't expect them to do god's work alone. That is up to you.

Actively engage with life and learn to be comfortable alone. Two specific behaviors I recommend are walking and camping. Set aside hours through your week just to walk around. Memorize some poetry and recite it on these walks, if it suits your fancy. Explore life's themes and riches through conversations with yourself. And camp. Camp at least once a month. Do it alone sometimes. Find a friend or a group other times. Spend time out of the industrialized reality tunnel we all get for free and let the forest's waters touch you and wash you. You're going to make it brother. Never ever give up. Godspeed.

You define possibilities brother. You define values. You decide what matters in your days and in your life.

Strive for more. Strive for glory. You can make it. It's up to you do so.

>Wherever you do, don't get a gf.
This. ESPECIALLY applicable if the guy has a low social value than the girl.

Attached: 1556821321584.jpg (1000x667, 120K)

>people like us
millennials/zoomers? Some do achieve it irl.

This. All other parts in that meme image is doable except those two. But it's still a good start.

Go to a psychiatrist. Unironically

>people like us
user theres ugly ass neckbeards with hot gfs. if you seriously don't think you can get an attractive girl then you just lack confidence in youself

Why? No seriously, why?
This is what happens when we get a whole generation of lost souls who self-identify as "NEETs", "incels" and so forth. Because you insist on the labels, you make it your identity and thus your reality. After all you can't change your the framework of your whole identity and alter the fabric of reality itself right? Seems like an impossible task, and you don't want to sever yourselves from the last thing you can cling to (that identity). That's all it is though, a defense mechanism.
Believe me I know the thought process. I'm in my 30s so older than most of you guys, but I was a NEET and an incel before those terms even existed for a good chunk of my prime years. Depressed, social anxiety, you name it.
That's also why I know it's possible to escape it. It won't be easy or overnight, but it can be done. Choice is yours friends.

>Why?
the economy is going down the shitter and having a social/romantic life has to be enabled by others. Those are both factors that you cannot control, that's why

You truly have a really good advice, im not op, but i have the same struggles. Thank you so much user, we're gonna make it.

Attached: 1544817835573.jpg (350x334, 10K)

There is no long-holding happiness, there is only contentness. Seek to be content with your life user.

What you are suffering from is realizing how pathetic and shitty life is, just hold thigh till you die, then you only problem will be the endless void of non existence

Death will be the scariest thing if it meant straying perpetually into the void with a conscience. Imagine the current whereabouts of the first conscience being to ever die.

>fake it til you make it"?
how do you fake being happy if you don't know how to be happy? why would that even work? you have problems that need solving faking won't help for shit, maybe will be worse after you realize it doesn't work

> figure what are your problems and start fixing from small to big
> get a goal or find something you are passionate about, you need a reason to wake up in the morning and say: It's worth waking up
> don't isolate yourself and try to be more social step by step
> if the problem persists go get help from a profesional/family/friends

been there, it get's better. but only if you do something about it, shit doesn't get magically fixed with time.