Mars Rover returned some images of a hole it drilled today. Only a couple giganillion dollars...

Mars Rover returned some images of a hole it drilled today. Only a couple giganillion dollars, a bargain for such an image.

Which brings me to my question, amerivaluemenus, what are your thoughts on taxation for exploration that may or may not impact your wellbeing in your lifetime?

Attached: MastCam.jpg (1314x1180, 2.8M)

Other urls found in this thread:

mars.jpl.nasa.gov/images/pia16230_MAHLI_Sol65-FOD-full.jpg
independent.co.uk/news/science/asteroid-mining-made-legal-after-barack-obama-gives-us-citizens-the-right-to-own-parts-of-celestial-a6750046.html
exopolitics.org/obama-signs-law-protecting-corporate-crimes-in-space-until-2022/
washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2016/10/11/how-obama-brought-capitalism-to-outer-space/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.e51469437f3a
thehill.com/blogs/congress-blog/technology/322918-how-barack-obama-ruined-nasa-space-exploration
twitter.com/AnonBabble

woops wrong image, was doing a little playing around with the image.

heres the original released gif.

Attached: mastgif.gif (1314x1180, 1.85M)

Attached: guy-on-question-mark.jpg (1023x1600, 76K)

yea just disregard first pic. second pic was the official release.

But why does that map fit almost like a glove on the rocks?

oh, well it kind of seems that way. but im sure it actually doesn't. apologies for wrong upload.

It's a better investment for the future than what most of government spending goes towards, and welfare spending is reliant upon investment spending.

Attached: 20120723Chart_763_1.jpg (763x518, 61K)

Attached: serveimage.jpg (800x453, 48K)

For

right, maybe, but certainly not any future you will be seeing a return on "investment" in the form of tax spent.

thats what im asking, im not referring to future benefits your grandchildren may see. talking about your lifetime.

>Don't think of your children and grandchildren, only think about yourself now.
Go choke on a dick faggot

Id rather my tax dollars are spent on space exploration as opposed to almost everything else they waste tax payer money on. Like obongos $65,000 worth of "hotdogs" from Chicago

sorry you must have misunderstood me. I should have said, "instead using tax that may or may not benefit you (or yoru grandchildren), why not keep that tax money and use it on something you KNOW will benefit you AND your grandchildren"

i know, badly worded. apologies sir.

>yoru
your.

You posted it on purpose dont lie

This post reeks of reddit

opinion noted sir.

ad hominem and appeal to authority via consensus cracking is noted sir.

There is no such thing in knowing that something will benefit you. If we had all the answers we wouldn't need to explore anything. You don't go exploring because you know the outcome, you explore to find new possibilities. If faggots like you represented humanity we would never have left Africa.

Based Saturn hating jew

im pretty sure they already know mars exists, and is a wasteland that requires habitats akin to antartica, but with added need of having gravitational centrifugal environments.

but how is this a better investment for you and your children than actually repairing roads/bridges, fixing the national debt, and medical research funding?

That's a big hole!

Attached: 2f96f7dec25a9f207e5817af01acc00b.jpg (960x640, 76K)

They found plastic on mars a few years back

mars.jpl.nasa.gov/images/pia16230_MAHLI_Sol65-FOD-full.jpg

Attached: pia16230_MAHLI_Sol65-FOD-full.jpg (1584x1184, 909K)

Theft is wrong.

You merely adopted the depth, I was forcefully drilled by it, molded into it. You think simple machines are your ally?

Interesting, but the logical answer is that it is contamination from the rover no? (also not really on topic of the thread)

Almost all tax money stolen from me at gunpoint is not spent in any way useful to me, so I would rather send money to mars than feed niggers and spics.

but have you been held at gunpoint for your tax dollars? or have you simply handed it over willingly?

**you've're'm'st've'd

This

Attached: 1555088952593.jpg (500x617, 58K)

What's up with the plastic was it a piece of an old probe

Attached: 1554908885254s.jpg (118x125, 4K)

ah thank you.

well sure that will most likely be the result if you refuse, but how many people refuse? is it therefor based on reality to say such a thing?

>im pretty sure they already know mars exists
jfc youre such a gigantic faggot it hurts so bad to know people like you exist. We AlReAdY KnOw but what about the other things.
A) No we don't know a lot about Mars that's why scientist study it. Who the fuck knows what we can find there.
B) Space exploration is not the reason roads are not repaired, bad governmental planning is.
C) Throwing more money into something does not equate to solving the problem.

Do you actually believe there is no punishment for not paying taxes?

so you attribute Item B on your last to bad government planning, yet condone taxation for government ran projects in other areas expecting different efficiency/results?

That sand looks like it would feel nice on my feet.

No.

Gay

So why did you ask such stupid questions?

So what, Omaha gonna get it?

No, I have no idea what the fuck you're on about since obviously I didn't make such statement.

Sorry to hurt your feelings but there are no pennies on Mars. Now go steal more from Gaza and shoot a few more children. Oh, and throw a nice big sodomite parade in your "holy city" while you're at it. The reality is we shouldn't be exporting garbage.

the rover is on Devon Island, the images are shopped red to fool the goys that its from Mars

Well I dont believe in stupid questions first of all, secondly I suppose you missed the point behind my questions. And that is okay sir.

oh, well apologies for my wild misinterpretation of your comment.

Space exploration is a good thing.

>but certainly not any future you will be seeing

And?

and i always thought of taxation being presented as a necessary means so as to benefit the citizens as a whole by organizing solutions for their problems on a massive scale they could not achieve independently.

Not as a speculative endeavor for possible future benefits for someone else that they are simply funding.

(that and to keep the government running)

Thanks for the consideration but I have a proposal. How about I stop drinking Palestinian blood and you give back the US to the Native Americans? You should probably go back to your homeland in Europe but for some reason I also have a sneaky suspicious that you actually belong in Africa.

If americans refuse to pat taxes we will be arrested until we pay up, and if we resist the government will send police armed with military weapons and ammo that is a crime to use in war to arrest us. And they will use deadly force to make those arrests.

>and i always thought of taxation being presented as a necessary means so as to benefit the citizens as a whole by organizing solutions for their problems on a massive scale they could not achieve independently.

Had humanity followed this logic we would still have a medieval/early modern age tier technology.

Yes, I think you are accurate about that. Never suggested otherwise.

I think they are basically massive balloons, made by man and launched from the flat or concave Earth. They could be orbital weapons platforms for all we know.

Attached: DeathStar2.jpg (1040x1040, 247K)

That's not how it works in the US anymore, the money is fucking wasted on a federal level and States like California it's spend mostly on people who no longer work in the form of insane pensions.

I beg to differ, if you look at the major tech breakthroughs throughout history (lightbulb, electricity, computers, etc) you will see they are either conceived via independent inventors, or small companies simply operating within the parameters of capitalism.

So I think we will disagree on that.

Bezos spent more for the hole he drilled. We got a bargain indeed.

>but finding spacedirt is totally worth it!
nope.

7/10, I laughed

Do you work for that Israeli team whose moon lander crashed and now hope for more funding for a second attempt?

Yes the internet, satellite tech, GPS, nuclear energy, computers, agriculture and shitton of more tech has been made only by small independent investors.

No no no not at all, but hans don't you think it would be fair to just give a small investment of 6 million euro to try again?

A long time ago people could never have dreamed a day would come when mankind would be using robots to draw dicks on Mars.

Attached: mars_rover_oo_err.jpg (650x427, 90K)

Wait just now I noticed that you think computers were invented by an independent investor. Go read a book please.

And Antarctica is Greenland. Who knows where Penguins come from? Maybe some isolated island.

>if you look at the major tech breakthroughs throughout history (lightbulb, electricity, computers, etc) you will see they are either conceived via independent inventors, or small companies simply operating within the parameters of capitalism.

Yeah, not really. The example of the computer is also wrong, the first digital computer was built by the US Army.

Same for the radar, jet engines, nuclear power, rockets and I'm sure the list goes on.

>Same for

I meant their development was state funded in general, not that the US Army funded all those thing

Attached: pentagramofblood.x59943.jpg (660x841, 164K)

even if for the sake of argument. literally all good inventions came from direct taxation, how do you know even MORE good inventions wouldn't have come from independent sources if they were allowed to implement their funds in the way they see fit? after all the individual knows more about their own capabilities than a single body making decisions on a massive generalized scale.

so now we are differentiating between the medium of data transfer? because the first computer was made by charles babbage.

All of Solar System bodies should be part of Chinese people republic. And Americans should be dumbed down to never look at the sky, they should believe that they never went to the Moon and that the Earth is flat. In fact i think they need to push Flat Earth into schools, so that the American kids would have no chance of actually understanding this world and how it works. This filth of a nation should be filled with morons who think its the end days and that they will ascend to heavens to their jewish god, and not do anything to actually improve the situation on the ground, while China would be growing in power and mind. I'll do my part, by bumping flat earth and lunar hoax threads on Jow Forums. You can even screencap this image, its not going to mean jack shit, because conspiratard nation doesn't like to read, and can't into abstract thinking where they put themselved into someone's else mind to understand their's intention. They see things through conspiracy bias, which means that i can even state my intentions clearly, they wouldn't believe me. Their insanity can't be falsified by such simple means and you are all should be slaves to that insanity, never be able to escape it.

Attached: 1503357969100.jpg (480x480, 37K)

>thoughts on taxation for exploration that may or may not impact your wellbeing in your lifetime
There are no benefits to taxpayers. There will not be any benefit to taxpayers in the future. Obama and Congress signed a bill that gave all mining rights to corporations years ago. Taxpayers are actually funding space exploration and research to make already huge companies even more rich, and it’s paid for by you. Just like today, you will not see any of those benefits. If people think the wealth disparity is bad now, wait until a few years/decades from now when all of those resources get accumulated by companies like Amazon. And they were given immunity.

>just build your own spaceship
Libertarians will defend this.

independent.co.uk/news/science/asteroid-mining-made-legal-after-barack-obama-gives-us-citizens-the-right-to-own-parts-of-celestial-a6750046.html

exopolitics.org/obama-signs-law-protecting-corporate-crimes-in-space-until-2022/

washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2016/10/11/how-obama-brought-capitalism-to-outer-space/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.e51469437f3a

thehill.com/blogs/congress-blog/technology/322918-how-barack-obama-ruined-nasa-space-exploration

This is also why those same companies and people are hell bent on “green” deals and technology. They want solar power to keep their mining rigs in space going without the constant need to bring fuel for power. They want to use the sun instead.

Self centered opinions like that are niggerish and the reason why we don't spend more money on space exploration. Niggers would rather have taxes spent on food stamps because they're incapable of long-term planning and providing for themselves. Any opinion that the majority of niggers have should automatically be ignored.

perhaps read through the rest of the thread before being kind enough to share your opinion sir.

Nice EMP foreshadowing you got there Rabbi...

I really hope that's not real. That's clearly shopped.

Let me explain to you how things work so you might actually learn something. There are bright people in this world who want to explore science. You can explore many fields physics, mathematics, biology or medicine. Some private people employ these bright minds in the hopes of discovering or inventing something new. The government sees this and think well instead of letting these private companies continue doing that alone why not invest also in it too for the benefit of the country? Doing so attracts talent abroad(funding research) and the tech can be useful for day to day life(GPS). So please explain to me what is so difficult for you to understand.

>for the benefit of the country
It’s not the 50’s anymore. The benefits are not going to the country.

Fuck off, I already did. I'm saying we shouldn't be primarily focused on things that benefit us as a society in the short term. Again, you sound like a nigger who only wants to spend money on short term gains like food stamps. Try thinking about something bigger than yourself for once.

You're already enjoying the benefits of the 50's today you just believe that today's inventions have to benefit you as well because you're a narcissistic fuck.

>your brain on Jew

At least I can use my brain you nigger-tier brainlet.

Attached: 1524343409277.jpg (480x480, 15K)

If you guys use your brain, how come Bibi always gets re-elected?

Attached: jew jewing jew with a shitty violin.jpg (512x341, 43K)

Test

I’ll excuse your anger today. It must be devestating that your plan to put holohoax billboards in space failed.

Better to explore and increase the possibility of escaping this world and surviving than throwing the money at pet monkeys and slaves that support global pyramid scheme economies. It's the last noble human endevour.

Rather them spend it on that than foreign aid, development of third world, or being the world police.

We are accustomed to this. Especially appalachian hillbilly/country folk like me. We have been taking care of our own without government help for so long at this point we dont want them to suddenly step in and take control now. We wouldnt even let them if they tried, and they have before, considering this power dynamic has existed in appalachia since before the declaration of independence was written.
Nowadays though, no one wants to start a fight with us native american, sephardic/ashkenazi jewish, romanichal/sinti gypsy, and scots-irish mutts and Melungeons who would otherwise be content to just keep to themselves. We might not have the most modern infrastructure or the easiest lives out here but its comfy if you can handle it and we enjoy our freedom and independence too much to watch it slip away, and no one but us wants to deal with the reality of surviving out here so it would be pointless anyways.

Gunpoint at first but these days they know better than to start the civilwar 2.0 so they compromised. Aside from property taxes we ironically tend to get more back than we put in. The federal government give us farming subsidies, tax write offs for doing our own infrastructure and maintenance, and tax returns depending on how many kids we have. In a sense the government is paying us to develop and maintain the appalachians independently. Since our tendency toward self reliance means less external bills and debts, this translates to a much lower need to have a high income or visible assets so we are mostly technically still in poverty and thus treated according to the standards liberals set for impoverished Americans.

that looks like a poorly done photoshop... and I'm not really the type to claim that kind ofnshit for everything space related, but....

Attached: 20190306_125257.jpg (1917x1078, 580K)

non-voluntary taxation is theft.

Why do people focus on what we're spending on science when it's insignificant?
Most of you probably defended spending 1/20th of the GDP on developing a fucking fighter jet.
The entire International Space Station was $150 billion, split across multiple nations.
Perhaps we should take money from Lockheed Martin and other companies and give it to real science and real engineering.

Public-private is the business model they’re using for space and plan to use for 5g.

Y'all shou'n't've gon' and got me riled up. A city slicker fixin' to get by woul'n't've understood a lick 'round these parts, and i reckon you'd've felt plum stupid if you were fixin' to try talkin' down in the holler with mawmaw.

das amazin

I can’t believe there are so many fuckin rubes on here who actually think nasa is legit showing you pictures from Mars

All those space shekels are being diverted into black budgets and used to find better ways to control you

Wake up

The ISS and LHC would have never happened without government financial support. No sane company is going to spend $150 billion dollars for a space lab when they could emulate conditions well enough on Earth.

Wasting money on X doesn't mean it's OK to waste money on Y.

If you're defending wasting money on a trillion dollar airplane because "military defense is important and military developments often learn to scientific results" but then turn around and complain about how much money is being spent on science, you're just contradicting yourself, plain and simple.

Is there a problem with government spending on itself?

Yes, that's a sign that the people running the Government have grown complacent, and think of you as their cattle.
Jow Forums collectively wants to kill Jews for doing the same thing, just at a higher level. But it's "based" to bootlick the Government?

So give the benefits to Bezos?

this is the most fucked up thread in a long time. like chat bots babbling incoherently at eachother. wtf is the OP going on about?

tell me what you are having trouble understanding regarding the topic, and maybe I can help clarify.

lets start with that.

>bargain
top kek

Go back.