Learning a new language

What's the point of learning a new language if everywhere you go people already speak my language? I doubt if Germany was the lingua franca any German would bother learning a new language. Learning a new language rates in the US, Canada, Britain, Australia, and New Zealand are similar; we see no point in learning a new language so why should we?

Attached: 1542338832915.png (2753x1400, 131K)

You don't have to but being able to speak the other rising languages such as Spanish and Chinese will give you a huge advantage if you want to get into medicine, business, and etc.

I am a med student right now and I am forcibly learning Spanish instead of Japanese because it will make my credentials extremely good and give me more opportunity to gain more patients from different communities.

good luck with english in russia/china

I am not sure about Russia but only knowing English isn't that bad in East Asia. Most of them street/traffic signs have English translations, most common people with a High school education knows basic English, and almost all professional places like hotel/restaurants have English speakers.

Now compared that to a Chinese person coming to America they better be able to speak English or else they will be lost as hell ( Chinese tourist often ask me how to get to certain places in the city ).

Bump

It's not about whether or not some language is popular it;'s about broadening your horizons adn shit. If I didn't speak English I would never be here you moron

Nobody speaks English in East Asia. Just like in Russia

>Now compared that to a Chinese person coming to America they better be able to speak English or else they will be lost as hell
chinks come to western countries and live here for 30 years without learning english

I used to listen to an ESL podcast and it becomes apparently the dude doesn't know other languages and no qualification either I suppose.

If I speak slowly and sound like a retard that'd sure help Mexicans. Subscribe for $5/mo pls.

And no one wants to go there lol

Learn C++ you faggot

>nobody in E. Asia speaks English.
Actually, English is required learning for Chinese children.

that's fine. Live in your American shithole. That's ok by me :D

Who cares about your so called wealth when everything else is a shithole. The culture, the infrastructure, NY metro is dirtier, commie looking and run down than the worst metro in russia by miles

only niggers are proud of being ignorant. Dont be smug about knowing less.

And? it's the same here and in Korea and Japan and still nobody speaks English you dumb ignorant naive fucking burger

Chinese experts come to some show and speak English, you can't understand nothing.

It may be generational, but then those enrolling in American colleges speak the same way. A bit better.

Not just Russia or China, Central Europe, South America, Asia in general
You want survive with just English, maybe as a tourist at most.

Based Vasya

I hate that English is so ubiquitous throughout the first world. If I go to another country I WANT to have to learn some of their language to get around. It's only polite, and you should take the opportunity to learn about other languages and cultures.

I learn Russian in my free time, but I wish I had the chance to live in someplace like St. Petersburg or Tallinn(Yes I know it's in Estonia) so I could travel between countries and learn more. I envy you yuropebros for being exposed to so many languages.

Thank you for reading my blogpost

I and my chick live In St Petersburg and Tallinn.
Envy us burger :D

Estonia is better for business and food.

I only speak English but it would be arrogantly presumptuous to visit somewhere like Japan and expect everyone to understand you

You should tell that to your countrymen living (not visiting) in British ghettos here in the Mediterranean coast. 20 years here and the can't speak Spanish.