Well? I think pollution (mainly physical trash) is bad regardless, but can you prove to me that the Earth is cooling?

Well? I think pollution (mainly physical trash) is bad regardless, but can you prove to me that the Earth is cooling?

>ice melting
>flooding of coasts
>doomsday storms

I can see ice and temp records being messed with but I don't get how we can explain away this weather.

Attached: Arctice.jpg (598x374, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

climate.nasa.gov/faq/14/is-the-sun-causing-global-warming/
web.archive.org/web/20110928114036/http://www.deas.harvard.edu/climate/eli/Courses/FRSEMR22l/Sources/03-Cosmic-rays/3-Svensmark-et-al-2009-GRL.pdf
cloud.web.cern.ch/cloud
home.cern/science/experiments/cloud
science.nasa.gov/science-news/news-articles/solar-minimum-is-coming
notrickszone.com/100-papers-sun-drives-climate/
nasa.gov/feature/goddard/2016/carbon-dioxide-fertilization-greening-earth/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

thawing ice creates cool winds that cause cold snaps in some country's, it doesn't mean that the earth is getting cooler just because it's cold in your town burger.

Weather climate

That said the earth is warming but we are not at the precipice of disaster and will be able to solve this through new technologies and innovation. Also Asia is the source of these global changes.

this is what i think, but only because of scientists. i want someone to give me a resonable arguement that it's actually cooling, not just adjusting to the melting ice.

i know i meant weather as in there's crazy weather everywhere. yes i believe as such, but i want to see the other side of it because if we're wrong then we need a new plan.

Climate is changing, but it isn't uniformly warming. In some places it's getting colder. Pic related is real though, the poles are much warmer now than they were 50 years ago. Sea level rise is a legitimate concern, though nobody knows exactly quickly much it's going to rise in the future. Definitely don't invest in Miami real estate.

I hate how the left seems to have monopolized the whole climate change issue. Yeah the DOE is corrupt as fuck and a giant money sink but the climate change issue is legit and they've actually done some decent research over the last couple decades. The last thing the alt right should be doing is cucking for giant megacorps like Exxon who lobby politicians and spread bullshit propaganda about how the earth isn't actually warming while at the same time investing in added infrastructure for their Alaskan pipelines to deal with melting permafrost. Leave that shit to the cuckservatives and r/the_donald.

Well what kind of evidence is acceptable? There's a scientific field that studies this stuff, and they all (pretty much) say it's warming. If you think they're wrong or purposefully misleading us, then what can we even use to learn the truth?

I was hoping for a few nuts to jump in, some seasoned vets to correct them, and then for me to discuss the fallout.

I really don't know what I'd need, that's why I'm asking cuz to me it's either true or impossible/unrealistic to know.

>Global warming
>Ice melts
>Antarctica, Siberia and greenland are now habitable
What's the problem?

It's called money laundering. The real scientists are here on Jow Forums.

This is the true Redpill. Warming and cooling, whether and climate are too obscure to predict the exact sources. However we can see cigarette butts on the street. We can look at the water in the gutter and know it's unsafe to drunk, we can inhale the air beside a busy road and know that it's harder to brethe. We can feel the difference between walking through a concrete jungle and walking through pure unadulterated hemlock rainforests. This is the environmentalism that matters and that should be fought for. Keep the mountains streams pure the oceans swimable and the air clear and crisp. Ensure that we coexist with other plans and animal life. A better world for all. Duck global warming or cooling. I don't believe in that shit. I believe what I see with my own two eyes. And I see that humans in a lot of ways are fucking up the planet. And it's mostly large corporations. Climate change? Sure that exists but the climate is always changing.

This. Honestly if I believed in global warming I would support it. However this argument does not make environmental protection any less of an issue. Plastic and microplastics in our oceans. Oil refuse and shit in our drinking streams, led pipes. Air that's unbretheable due to automobiles and industry causing an asthma epidemic in the developed world.

We are facing a major public health crises because of human activity. Activity that should be regulated but is let go so that some people can enjoy momentary comfort and the expense of killing themselves and the rest of us slowly.

Co2 is at ~410 parts per million in the atmosphere and is increasing rapidly, comparable to like 300 parts per million around 1800.

More CO2 means more heat trapped in the atmosphere, which allows for higher temperatures, which allows for more water to be held in the troposphere. More water in the troposphere and high temperatures means more violent storms.

As for ice melting thats CO2 increase, but also pollution that settles as ash over the ice. The ash is dark and allows for more heat to be absorbed which lowers the overall albedo of snow, allowing for positive feedback loop to constantly melt ice.

Blame India and China for all this shit, dumb fucks in America think that passing policies for environmental protection will stop this but it wont since countries like China don't two fucks about pollution.

>Canada, Greenland and Russia connected by glaciers in 1979 as one continous landmass
I'm calling bullshit on this one

OP’s pic is actually the summer and winter of this year

>flooding
>civ collapse
>mass hysteria

Based

I'm well aware. China pretty much doomed us from their last couple decades of pollution alone.

>landmass
You mean ice sheet dumbass?

See this is what I want to know. Can you prove that to me?

I’m not to worried about humanity dying out because of this though. As per usual, evolution will win out. Those who are easily adaptable to climate swings and heat will win and continue to breed. Those who are creative and innovative will continue to create ways to live in these new environments easily. Those who have naturally high test and resiliency to pollutants and toxins will continue to live and breed. Onions drinkers and dog children types will not pass on their shit genes and high test types will. What I am concerned about is the state of the Earth our children will inherit, and the state of civilization after the changes take effect. I would much rather my children be able to fish and swim in the local pond, go for a stroll in a lush green forest, and continue to explore the natural wonder that is earth, and not drink lead/onions water that will stunt their growth and give them brain tumors at age 20, but I believe humanity and civilization will prevail

There's not even a hint of debate that the arctic sea ice is vanishing rapidly.

Attached: sea ice.gif (1242x1317, 854K)

The earth is in a constant freeze/melt cycle every day. I live near the beach so I feel like I see it first hand and know more than most that post here. If i get to the beach early in the morning i set up my chair near the water but by the end of the day i have to move it back because the ice is melting and the levels are getting higher. But if i go back the next day i can get my same beginning spot back because it has frozen over night (somewhere else in the world mind you) and sucked it back up. This process happens literally every day. I'm sure someone that knows the science behind it a little more can elaborate.

Yeah, the ice caps have been on earth for less than 10% of earths lifetime.

Keep in mind sea level rise is a very slow process. As the pole in the north meets as we go into summer, Antarctica is getting a load of snow and sea ice buildup at the bottom of the world. Keep in mind, Arctic ice is floating, so when it melts there is no water added or taken away. What really facilitates sea level rise is Greenland/land ice sheets melting off into the ocean. Watch that melt for the rise, not the northern cap (although it is important because the northern ice cap acts like north americas refrigerator.)

THIS

Attached: 95709285745908437.gif (400x225, 958K)

>imagine this being how the flat earth works

Attached: 1555024151782.gif (300x150, 124K)

Debate me oh wait ya can't also night losers!

Attached: 1533947586726.jpg (1773x750, 132K)

>doesn't know sea ice has been accumulating in volume for the last 3 years
>danish ice monitoring website recently stopped publishing ice extent and mass data
Makes me do some big brain thinks.

A single location on Greenland =/= global average temperature.

what if those were resets too huh?

No one asked for a leafs opinion.

coastal flooding in some places, india and china might get the worst of it because their very densely populated at the coasts and re-adjusting their population centers while dealing with that transition will wreck them if they react very slowly. But I doubt that will cause a total collapse of civilization even for them, perhaps a great famine. A great global depression likely will occur, but we have seen what the dutch and danish have been doing with shallow oceans for the last 700 years. I think it would be stupid to assume mass destruction is likely, if it were the case it would be the result of every possible worst decision being made as a response, over a long period of time.

any real proof climate change is real?

i havent seen any true evidence given to the public.

anyone got any?

the scientists they get are politically aligned and come from universities.

The climate here today was different than the climate one week ago. This is real proof in my eyes that the climate is actually changing.

This is the most retarded attempt at trolling I've seen in a while.

Attached: 1548461640102.jpg (600x600, 32K)

> they get
Who?

It’s not trolling. Fuck off leaf.

The primary driver of global climate change has always been and always will be the sun, ruling out apocalyptic events like a large meteor impact.

Attached: solar cycle predicts warming.png (840x359, 35K)

>literal leaf on flag
Can anything be more faggy

Attached: 1543641001125.jpg (384x384, 22K)

Proof? Yeah I mean the proof is evident and out there,Its a solved problem. its not the worlds fault if you choose to ignore it.

Its like, everyone knows you're a virgin shut in. They don't have to investigate it, it's obvious. If they had to they'd prove it but. I mean, come on. We all know it already, so why bother humoring a invalid.

You posted an irrelevant graph, got called out on it, and now you're crying like some slapped little bitch, desperately hoping to deflect attention from your failure.

Attached: 1539709167805.jpg (615x861, 128K)

Then how do you explain the fact that temperature keeps going up as the solar output goes down?

Attached: TvsTSI.png (2889x2209, 396K)

the media and the experts they use to push their agenda.

temperatures here in nz are basically the same year on year. nothing has changed.

its all bullshit. even the term climate change gets worn out, they'll come up with another term.

i believe the orbit axis that the earth and solar system is on moves slightly closer to and further away over a tens of thousand of years.

Lol I’m not even the same person who said it

How retarded do you have to be to save infographic charts with no source listed?

im 35 and have 3 kids. women in their early 20's still think im hot.

you shouldn't assume

Because solar output is not the major way the sun impacts global climate change. The suns electromagnetic field regulates the amount of cosmic ray bombardment the planet receives which in turns is what creates clouds.

Attached: cosmic rays create clouds.jpg (480x360, 32K)

>temperatures here in nz are basically the same year on year.
Not really sure what relevance your personal experience has on this topic

>the media and the experts they use to push their agenda
Yep, that's a pretty big issue. Doesn't mean the whole thing's a conspiracy though. They can use true phenomenon to push their agenda too. For instance, Europe has HUGE problems with unfunded liabilities (such as pensions) due to an aging population, which they use to push their immigration agenda.

>i believe
What do you base these beliefs on exactly?

climate.nasa.gov/faq/14/is-the-sun-causing-global-warming/
There you go.

notice how the left wing parties are pushing action for climate change , while centre and right/conservative parties aren't and are critical of it

might want to think about that for a moment.

whats the goal of political parties pushing the climate change narrative? power prices will increases, because of the unsustainability of alternative energy sources eg green power. governments make more from tax's, they make more money from the roll on effect caused by manufacturing costs for everything.

That's still a pretty unproven hypotheses isn't it?

>liar
to many details

Hard cope.

Even if you have 3 kids, they're pretty much guaranteed to be as retarded as you so whats the point. If you cant understand basic facts then you and your crotch spawn are fucked as the rest of them.

its fucking summer almost and still snowing you braindead greenfaggot

Still doesn't mean theyre aren't purposefully or apathetically destroying the Earth. What you mention is the reason I'm questioning it but let's not underestimate the problem here.

If a ball rolling down a hill has oil poured in front of it do we say it's all the hill?

You may guard the thread.

im a member of mensa

ive told my kids to never believe anything the media says. also to always question what they teach them at school. ive caught the school a few times giving out bias narratives on subjects, while ignoring the actual factual truth. climate change is funny, they'll tell them about it but won't teach them about it. hence the school protests about climate change.

No its not.
web.archive.org/web/20110928114036/http://www.deas.harvard.edu/climate/eli/Courses/FRSEMR22l/Sources/03-Cosmic-rays/3-Svensmark-et-al-2009-GRL.pdf

This study proves Aerosol formation is caused by cosmic rays. This is why the most expensive piece of equipment in human history is being used to replicate the experiment and produce more results.

cloud.web.cern.ch/cloud
home.cern/science/experiments/cloud

From CERNs own website, "Atmospheric aerosols and their effect on clouds are poorly understood and yet important for climate. Indeed, they are recognised by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC 2013) as the largest source of uncertainty in present radiative forcing and in climate projections over the 21st century."

There is other methods that have been used to corroborate climate cycles driven by solar cycles. Tree ring data, Ice core sample and various forms of written human records as records of climate change is fairly well recorded through most of written human history.

Attached: modern warm model.png (829x521, 231K)

I where my trip proud, I where on every post, and thiers no way you can call me a faggot.

how much of a temperature rise are we talking?

Or, you know, saving the god damn planet you fucking idiot.

Climate change deniers are on par with flat earthers at this point.

how does ice melting raise the water

>If a ball rolling down a hill has oil poured in front of it do we say it's all the hill?
No ones saying its all the sun. We are looking for the PRIMARY of climate change. Most people are currently arguing that if you cleaned up the oil, the ball would start rolling backwards up the hill. There is literally millions of variables that impact the climate. But they are all dwarfed by the sun and any warming or cooling global effect will be caused by the sun.

I’ve always wondered this too. I understand some of the ice is exposed above the water, but from my understanding a lot is below the surface.

I think "warming" is better expressed in terms of energy in this case. The storms contain more energy, and therefore push the Arctic vortex about; or carry entire seas over the Midwest; or maintain wildfire season year round.
Though monopolizing the issue, to me, seems like stagecraft. The "left" is paid to throw fights and call it progress, so the "right" can openly advocate for monied interests.
It's not about PEOPLE surviving, like avoiding heatstroke. It's about other species, like crops or fish, surviving extinction in the face of massive overexploitation and rapid environmental change.
Literally ask anybody over the age of 25. Make them think about it, and they can name a way their home climate has changed.
For (PNW) Us, the rains have gotten more intense and summers drier. But our seafood resources are suffering from temperature changes and acidification.

Attached: 0e957a11-3677-4de1-b433-7977d2a52341.jpg (277x277, 20K)

LEMME EXPLAIN GLOBAL WARMING BASED OFF WHY IT OCCURS.
THE WORLD WARMS WHEN CO2 LEVELS RISE.
YOU CUT DOWN ALL THE FUCKING TREE'S AND MASSIVE FORRESTS, THEN SEE CO2 RISE.
YES, WE ARE HELPING TO CREATE IT.
LEMME DROP ANOTHER BOMB

THE WORLD WILL GROW BETTER, WITH HIGHER CO2. HUMANS? NOT SO MUCH, SO GLOBAL WARMING WILL KILL OFF HUMANS AND THEN THE WORLD WILL REPAIR ITSELF.

I support global warming, the human population should be exterminated. its garbage. I hate all humans period. they are usless faggots who like niggers and jews. so they can all die.

FREE ROBERT.

People only care because it will affect their livelihoods.

Agreed. Imo the environment works much like a pendulum

nibba are you serious? ice is denser than water, thus it takes less cubic space

none of this global warming shit is going to matter. we have much larger issues that we're staring right down the barrel at: the earth's magnetic field has been failing at an increasingly rapid rate, dramatically so. the magnetic pole is accelerating out of spec, and the resulting bombardment of cosmic rays from the galactic core (that we're less shielded from now that the magnetic field is weakening) is stirring up shit in the mantle of the planet, increasing seismic activity all around the globe. and now the sun is entering a grand solar minimum, further weakening our protection from the galactic cosmic rays, which in turn stirs up the internals of the planet even more

all this bonkers shit is happening together, feeding off each other, and some evidence indicates its playing fucky with the internals of the sun as well, and there may be a full-circumference mass coronal ejection imminent (supposedly happens every 12,000 years). all this funky shit has me way more worried than global warming. global warming we can handle, this other stuff would straight up fry our planet, bombard it with large fragments of solar material, and also possibly re-align the earth's entire crust. extinction level stuff, and not something that will taken decades to play out but something that may play out it an extremely brief and apocalyptic orgy of violence

Attached: 1551571983133.png (1052x1336, 2.32M)

Tell me the truth doc, are we going to die?

They've proven that cosmic rays influence cloud formation and thereby effect the climate, but not that the current changes are caused by this phenomenon.

Is there any truth to the claim often made that we had warmer times on earth than we have now?

>THE WORLD WARMS WHEN CO2 LEVELS RISE.

Attached: CO2 vs climate change - geological timeline.png (851x604, 495K)

Whether or not the Earth is experiencing global warming is not really a terribly large concern to me. however, I am an avid sportsman and prefer my land not covered in garbage and my oceans where I go fishing to be clean. I believe it's a third world mindset to be complacent about your country's environmental cleanliness. As a matter of pride you should want your country as clean as possible. Living in filth is for the uncivilized.

Thule is rising and there is nothing you can do to stop it !

Yes. During dinosaur times the earth was a lot warmer and had more co2. This was from the ice core samples

I second that. I’m an avid camper and it pisses me when I see trash at camp sites.

>ice melting
That depends on where you are.
>flooding of coasts
Ancient floodmaps from around 10,000-15,000 years ago show Africa was once covered with a great plain of water to the degree that Northwest Africa may have appeared as an island chain instead. Either way it has nothing to do with ice melting as melting ice actually LOWERS sea levels due to water being denser as a liquid.
>doomsday storms
The worst storms in recorded history have not happened in the last century. The problem is there being more people in the way of storms rather than the storms being any worse.

Attached: 1514777960205.jpg (617x924, 63K)

I'm implying that the sun is boss and that maybe we are making his job easier.

Look no one is saying the climate doesn't change naturally, we believe we are accelerating/affecting it. And yes there are tons of factors but we have a way of using autism to shove trash everywhere; ie Indo-China.

Attached: 1555183968078.jpg (288x252, 24K)

They proved the suns cycles control cloud number and density which is VASTLY more important on global warming or cooling trends than any CO2 level increase over the last 150 years.

Based off solar cycles we we see exactly what we would expect, warming during solar maxima, cooling during solar minima. You have to understand there is cycles within cycles and sometimes multiple cycles coincide to create a dramatically exaggerated solar maximum or minimum.

Its a pattern easily seen in tree ring samples and ice core samples of regular, predictable, warming and cooling cycles which have produced extremely accurate modeling of current climate trends.

Attached: modernwarmpeak.png (960x722, 258K)

because it's growing now

If I was in a radioactive car, I'd still care if it was on fire.

>what we would expect, warming during solar maxima, cooling during solar minima
Except that we aren't seeing that now:

Ice is not denser than water, go get a glass of water with ice, tell me what happens.

Gotta actually provide a source for that claim there.

Heres the thing, what we are trying to do is most accurately predict what the weather will be going into the future. Will it be warming or cooling? Then we can use that information to adapt our own behavior to the expected future climate. Based on solar cycles we will be entering a solar minimum over the next 2-5 years which will cause dramatic cooling over a period of decades. Worrying about CO2 causing a warming climate is literally the exact opposite of what climate models based off solar cycles predict.

this is the way the scientists see it.

melting sea ice does not directly cause sea level rise.

but land ice like glaciers and sheet ice (e.g Greenland, Antarctica) does.

as sea ice melts, the sea underneath asbordbs sunlight and heat up. thats fine, this is understandable.

but the next assumption doesnt make much sense. they claim that rising sea temperatures, increase the global temperature.

how did they make that connection. does sea temperature affect air/climate temperature?

>Spain can't into science
Is this why Mexicans were screwed from the start?

Yes we are, we have been in a solar maximum, we are not predicted to enter a solar minimum until perhaps this winter at the earliest.

science.nasa.gov/science-news/news-articles/solar-minimum-is-coming

>The sun is heading toward solar minimum now. Sunspot counts were relatively high in 2014, and now they are sliding toward a low point expected in 2019-2020.

These changes take time.

From my limited understanding in some classes I took early in college, yes it does. Similar to how varying degrees of ocean temperature influence winds. Don’t remember exactly how the whole system works but the ocean temperature does contribute quite a bit to our climate

water is denser than ice, hydrogen bonding.

if we're to beat climate change we have to target the main contributors to it.

there is no use of australia and nz aggressive shutting everything down and going full retard when chinas emission far outweigh any one by a long shot

Well tell that to everyone else because what you just said is still climate science and climate change affected by man. However a lot of conservatives seem to think we have ZERO impact on the climate which is retarded.

I feel that explanation is making the most sense to me for counter-arguments against global warming. It may be the only one I've found so far, still it's a start.

>l climate science and climate change affected by man.
What? I'm saying we are going into a cooling period caused by the sun and there is literally nothing we can do about it. When you look at the impact of solar warming/cooling cycles throughout recorded history we see expansion, growth, peace during warming periods as record crop yields allow for less scarcity and less people needed to produce food so more can focus on science/art etc. During cooling periods is worldwide crop loss, famine, migration, spread of disease and war. A cooling cycle can be a literal civilization killer where as warming cycles see golden ages in human development and population increase, like you've seen in modern history.

So can you point to any papers that specifically tie this phenomenon to the current warming?
What about the increase in CO2 concentration? That SHOULD also cause warming like we're seeing based on the absorption spectrum of the gas.

Solar minimum.
More clouds, more rain, shorter growing season, cooler.

Yea I read that weird. Thought you said CO2 wasn't a concern because it's insignificant by the impact of the sun. Too tired, need sleep.

Can I ask if you think those shit fire rivers in Africa, China, and India are negligible? Because I just don't see how that doesn't do something to the planet.

>composite image
>winter vs summer

>So can you point to any papers that specifically tie this phenomenon to the current warming?
Yes, here is links to over 100+ peer reviewed papers proving this.
notrickszone.com/100-papers-sun-drives-climate/

>What about the increase in CO2 concentration?
CO2 has very small warming impact and diminishing returns on warming. Overall increased CO2 is not causing ANY significant warming and is actually incredibly good for the environment. We were around 250PPM at the end of the last ice age and on the verge of a global extinction level event as plants suffocated. Even today at 400PPM we are quite low. In greenhouses people maintain 800-1000PPM as optimal for plants. This has zero impact on humans. Increased CO2 has a large impact on global greening, increased crop yields and reduced desertification than it does on any warming trend.

nasa.gov/feature/goddard/2016/carbon-dioxide-fertilization-greening-earth/

In pollutants/ash/smoke yes thats very bad. Pollution is a serious problem. Deforestation is a serious problem. Over fishing is a serious problem. CO2 production is not. CO2 is not a pollutant, it is as important as oxygen to life on earth.

Cycle 25 should still run normally but be smaller than earlier. From what I've seen, 26 and onwards are likely to be the problem.

We'll see in 4-5 years.

and as solar activity wanes, the protection the sun gives us from galactic cosmic rays also declines, and meanwhile the earth's magnetic field is dramatically weakening, further exposing us to cosmic rays. and given that cosmic rays are a factor in seismic activity, we can probably expect to see a lot more earthquakes and volcanoes in the coming years. its gonna be a hell of a ride, even if the doomsday hypotheses involving earth's crust shifting and solar micronovas end up having no validity

Attached: 68Hg7.jpg (683x1024, 202K)