Tinder

Alright, finally hopped on the bandwagon

There's some weird shit going on in this app that I don't understand, I'm hoping anons can clarify this shit

>A lot of girls have no bio, 1 bad picture of themself (or of nothing), and that's it. Why? It seems counter-productive to ever getting a match.

>A lot of girls have nothing in their bio except a message to go meet them on Instagram/twitter/etc., what's the point? Is it a check for a baseline of effort/reading comprehension to cut through the chaff or are these girls just farming followers with a cute photoshoot and a tinder profile?

>A few profiles have a higher age listed and the first line is e.g. "actually 22, not 27..." Why do this? Hunting for older guys or something? Attention?

>I've matched with a few girls that seem way out of my league/expected age range. I don't look wealthy and I don't pretend to look/sound wealthy, because I'm not. I fully expect these girls to string me along or try to get me to buy shit just because I can't see another reason they'd swipe right. Am I on the right track here? Trying to save time where I can if my intuition is correct.

Attached: flinty.jpg (225x225, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

medium.com/@worstonlinedater/tinder-experiments-ii-guys-unless-you-are-really-hot-you-are-probably-better-off-not-wasting-your-2ddf370a6e9a
theblog.okcupid.com/race-and-attraction-2009-2014-107dcbb4f060
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>...I don't look wealthy and I don't pretend to look/sound wealthy...
To add to this, I'm a chubby weirdo and a 6/10 on my best days, 8/10 if you see/hear my personality on my best days. In other words, I am not a rich man and I'm not a looker either. I don't have lonely desperate incel tastes either, some of these women are objectively 8+/10. It don't make no sense.

Stop overthinking this.

If you obsess over tinder, you will invest too much of yourself in it and end up hurting yourself and run the risk of becoming a bitter cunt.

Here's a super secret formula that worked for me 10/10 times:

1. Swipe right on girls you think are interesting and/or attractive.

2. Until you've matched with someone - try to enrich your life by working out, learning stuff and socializing with friends or getting to know people who like the same stuff as you. (TL;DR - spend time becoming the kind of person -you- would like to date if you were a girl.)

3. When you match with someone you're unsure about - see it as a way to practice your online writing skills. Experiment with different fun/interesting openers, and try to hold a conversation for about 3/4 lines - at which point you might want to find a way to suggest meeting up in real life. You probably didn't join tinder to write essays - but to meet people.

4. Rinse and repeat.

This super secret formula sounds pretty basic probably. And it is. And someone might think it doesn't sound like it fits them. And it won't. Just try to find something that works for you. A lot of people treat the app as a fun pastime, so try to find some enjoyment in it.

None of the above really answers your questions. The best answer I can give to them is this: there's no point in obsessing over other profiles. Don't try to find 'the point' - because even if you find it, it's not really going to help -you-.

Stay frosty, user! Hope you have a fun time on tinder.

Attached: feels-good-man.jpg (340x370, 22K)

just for reference, the girls without shit in their bio but a social media link are bots

>Stop overthinking this.
>This super secret formula sounds pretty basic probably. And it is. And someone might think it doesn't sound like it fits them. And it won't.
user I think you said literally everything I needed to hear in this post, no joke. You highlighted exactly what got me frustrated with this kinda shit before and told me how to avoid the same pitfall. I really appreciate it.

>"actually 22, not 27..."
Megathots use tinder when underage. This girl (hopefully fake) was 13 when she made her account, and had to set it at 18.

>This girl (hopefully fake) was 13 when she made her account, and had to set it at 18.

While this is true, it would also imply she's been there for 9 years...?

It would, and I don't think tinder has even existed that long. Worst I've seen was 22, actually 18.

There's a general for this there. Don't shit up Jow Forums with yet another Tinder thread, it doesn't belong here.

>Girls have no bio, 1 bad picture or nothing
They don't feel the need to put in any attention because they know guys will swipe right on them regardless.

>Nothing in their bio except instagram/twitter/snapchat
They mostly just want followers and don't really care about actually talking to matches

>Actual age is lower than advertised age
In the case like 22 not 27 I don't really know, but you tend to see girls at the lowest end with things like (16/17/18 not 20/21/22) etc. which is just to circumvent Tinder's 18+ rule. In the case of 22 not 27, most likely just using a profile that was originally made when they were underage (Tinder requires facebook integration), and they never upadated it.

>Girls swiped right on me for some reason
Drop the "out of my league" mentality, it's bullshit. You can attain anyone if you don't limit yourself. Most girls on Tinder swipe right because they're either looking for validation from getting masses of matches, or they just want to fuck - it's your job to find out which it is. On the rare occasion they actually want something meaningful, they'll let you know.

Tinder and most of its inhabitants are simple people who don't go into any higher thinking, so no need to think on another level or try to guess what they're getting at - follow your intuition and take it for face value.

Most of the age mismatches are people who made a facebook when they weren't old enough. Mine's off by like a year bc of that

>open it up, put a flattering picture and some kinda joke in your bio
>shotgun swipe till it won't let you anymore
>put phone away and go about your business
>repeat every few weeks

tinder isn't your friend. It will never be your friend, it gives you no advantages. so swipe all, see if you got any matches, pick from there, chat a bit and see if you hit it off, if you don't DO NOT DWELL ON IT, move on to the next. Shit is a lottery, don't give it money, don't expect to find your dream girl on it, but feel free to throw it on there and see what happens

If you’re not white simply don’t use Tinder. I can link you to actual stats

Link the stats. I have had a shit time on Tinder so far and need a cope for my lack of success

Don’t use tinder if you’re ugly... that’s reality it doesn’t matter if you’re black, white, brown, yellow if you’re ugly you won’t get matches I would say >7... and for fucks sake have social skills, you expect girls just to ask to be fucked... it won’t happen...

In my town tinder has a ton of girls but also a ton of shit profiles. Check out Bumble or Hinger fewer people but the girls put more effort into their profile

shotgun swipping makes your ELO go to shit.

Be sure to swipe left once in a while. Also adding new pics bumps you up the queue

medium.com/@worstonlinedater/tinder-experiments-ii-guys-unless-you-are-really-hot-you-are-probably-better-off-not-wasting-your-2ddf370a6e9a

The white part is for OKC, but you can imagine that it's literally the same difference. theblog.okcupid.com/race-and-attraction-2009-2014-107dcbb4f060

Dude that’s bullshit, I’m not a handsome fella, I’m barely a 6-7 and I can say as someone with +100 matches in 5-6 months you need to sell yourself, take good pictures, not everyone is interested in your shitty gaming-anime hobbies, run, go to the gym, practice sports, be fit for crying out loud, take care of your image, it really doesn’t matter if you’re ascend (white, black, latino, asian
), have conversation topics (not weather, or shitty internet topics), know what happens around you...
Girls love sex just as men do, but they’re not so obvious...

Exibit : I'm literally showing this falseflagging woman data and she gives the same 'jus take better pictures' argument.

You gotta admit though that attractiveness equation was literally pulled out of the author's ass.

Tindr is a joke, the anons are right i once made a catfish profile in which i would later change back to my pictures after having not swiped for months and months, once doing so i had many many matches unlike never before i am by no means ugly 5 on a bad day 7 on a good day and if ive been keeping fit which i have partly due to the ego crash from online dating. Anyways these girls didn’t reply once when i changed my pictures, even if your hot connecting with these people is veryvery hard through that app, and if they are using it they already either have low standards or are skanky, and it goes both way you have low standards and are skanky. Take better care of yourself look good work on approach and confidence and get meetapp and start going to community events and community service. Make an active effort to reach out to women in yor daily life rather than through a screen it will work out far better

Algorithms also have attractiveness equations based on photos alone.

Soc is a shithole of fags traps and incels

Yeah pulled out of the author’s ass, it’s like if we go to a normie blog and he says it’s a piece of cake to match based only on his experience as a chad. Those analysis are tainted, just as incel charts

Tinder is a strict meat market. I would step down to POF, you still have the swiping mechanic and you can swipe as much as you want.

>2019
>Tinder

>I can link you to actual stats
I'm black and I've never had a problem meeting girls of all races