There is no "opioid crisis". It's a heroin crisis

Don't tell me you fell for this asturfed meme. It's a heroin crisis, and it's caused by illegal immigrants trafficking heroin as well as Chinese fentanyl.

The media sensationalism has focused on "pill mills" and "accidental addiction", and while Big pharma /Sackler family was pumping pills in the 1990s and early 2000s, the medical community is aware of opioid risks and prescriptions are heavily regulated. Moreover "accidental addiction" is a largely a drug-war-era myth that ignores the fact that addiction is usually (>85%) the result of willful abuse.

Meanwhile the FDA and especially congress, being paid off by the cartels, have made it harder for chronic pain patients who need opioids to function, by cutting off prescriptions and creating a black market. This is reefer madness 2.0 and media/government is actually helping the cartels destroy our country.

Attached: drugDeaths-Online-01.jpg (751x738, 304K)

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2017/11/20/the-u-s-begins-bombing-taliban-drug-labs-as-trumps-afghanistan-strategy-takes-hold/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.7e45358b7435
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3030470/
whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-strategy-afghanistan-south-asia/
youtu.be/35_WKJX4xb0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

so whats your message? is this crisis the fault of the cartels or the fault of your countrys citizens (willful users)

>Don't tell me you fell for this asturfed meme
You certainly have my attention, I definitely fell for this meme & the fact that you knew & started your thread off with that statement will surely make me stick around & not sage & leave.

I work at a private golf course that has adult caddies. One of the guys that used to work with us is a Veteran and he developed a heroin habit. What happens to a lot of people is they're prescribed vicodin for pain, that ends up being not enough so they get moved to oxycontin. Next thing you know that becomes too expensive which then in turn leads people to heroin.

heroin is an opioid and the crisis is because weakminded people abuse prescribed opioids and become addicted, and then move on to heroin and fentanyl cause they are cheaper, stronger and more easily available

Heroin is an opioid

>there's no "opioid crisis"
>posts chart showing opioid crisis

This is typical boobus americanus he probably drives a pick up truck he owes 40,000 dollars on

>being paid off by the cartels
the US army and their lab afganistan is the worlds largest producer of heroin, also it starts with the pills from the parents medicine cabinet
proceeds to heroin

Its called the opiod crisis because a huge portion of the current drug users were prescribed opiods in a pharma jew plot to get them addicted.
calling it a heroin epidemic is letting them off the hook

Pretty much how I see it.

>the medical community is aware of opioid risks and prescriptions are heavily regulated.
Bullshit, doctors are terrible. My doctor told me to "just double up" on pain pills when I was having severe pain from surgery. I had a seroma and he just didn't want to take responsibility, told me it was pneumonia, and to take double the max dosage of percocet as well as flexeril. Doctors are either willfully trying to kill people or are just that stupid.

daily reminder that when russians were in afganistan they burned all poppu fields, but americans encouraged them to grow poppies, us is drugging their own people and is making profit off of it

The doctors were the drug dealers for a while there.
a friend of mine used to have 3 different scripts under 3 different names from the same doctor.
there was so little regulation because it was part of the plan.
the second phase was to swoop in and regulate it more, restricting the supply and causing people to go find their fix somewhere else.
the big misconception is that people just needed something stronger so they moved on to heroin...while there was plenty of that, most people could just no longer get it in pill form so they went the street route.

People switched to heroin because it was cheaper alternative to controlling their pain, and yet you blame the opioids that they were prescribed on before.

see

Almost all heroin is grown in Afghanistan guarded by US soldiers and shipped around the world throught NATO bases.

correction.
The US encouraged it's growth under Bush and Obama.
Now, under Trump, they are being burned again.

My point was that overdose cases are not being driven by prescription opioids, but by black market opioids (i.e. heroin and fentanyl). I was listening to a talk at FDA where epidemiologists adjusted the data to account for opioid admixtures.

Prescription opioid deaths have remained flat.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-01-14 at 1.42.30 PM.jpg (416x307, 30K)

>being burned under trump
Bullshit

That's bullshit and you know it. We have the heroin problem BECAUSE of big pharma pumping people with opioids in the first place.
I had 2 spine surgeries and after the first one was given a prescription of like 300 pills a month. I took that, as prescribed, for 2 weeks, which I completely don't remember btw, and when I decided to stop taking it I found out that I'm physically addicted. I still did not take it and went through fucking withdrawal and never took that shit again
So no, addiction is not 85% wilfull abuse. You get addicted to that shit physically and then some people are so afraid of the withdrawals that they just take it. Some may be abusing it but it definitely is not 85%.
And for years people were asking for CBD oil and THC and they were denied in favor of the big pharma pushing their ineffective bullshit on people. Now the government is panicking and reaping the results of that bullshot.
Opioids are ineffective in fighting with the chronic pain. That's a fucking fact. So you sound like a person that is addicted to the perscription opioids and is afraid because they will be left without them.

Exactly. I just figured they are calling it the opioid crisis because calling it the "Heroin crisis" would make people care less because people already have their preconceived notions of Heroin a use and by calling it a new word, it would allow people to be more interested in the topic. It's just rebranding.

and that is because a doctor controls the prescription amount. That amount can still get people addicted to opioids, but is not enough to kill a person. Then when the person is no longer getting a prescription, but hooked on the opioids, they self administer with street drugs. The flat nature of prescriptions should be telling in the non-exponential increase of heroin deaths, thus heroin deaths can be directly linked to prescription deaths, and is thus modulated by prescriptions. The exponential increase with fentynl deaths shows that it is related to supply rather than addiction.

>mfw this was the first thing I said as the "war in Afghanistan" was taking off, so many years back

"Oh look, the company is making a push on the world's heroin trade."

Attached: poppy field.jpg (1024x680, 523K)

Cartels. And chicoms.

washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2017/11/20/the-u-s-begins-bombing-taliban-drug-labs-as-trumps-afghanistan-strategy-takes-hold/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.7e45358b7435

>prescriptions are heavily regulated.
Not enough in Florida it seems:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3030470/

I know, so is fentanyl. But we're missing the point when we call it an "opioid crisis".

November 20, 2017
U.S. and Afghan forces have launched a series of attacks on narcotics laboratories in southern Afghanistan, marking the start of what could become a long, expanded air war there under President Trump.

The initial strikes, which began Sunday and were ongoing Monday, represent the first significant use of new legal authorities granted by the Trump administration in August that enable the Pentagon to target Taliban revenue streams, said Army Gen. John W. Nicholson Jr., the top U.S. commander in Afghanistan. Previously, the U.S. military conducted strikes only when facing imminent threat or working directly with the Afghans.

Speaking to the Pentagon press corps via satellite from his headquarters in Kabul, Nicholson said Monday that Afghan A-29 warplanes launched the operation. They were followed by B-52 bombers, advanced F-22 fighters, unmanned aircraft and Marine Corps rocket fire.

“There are many, many targets that have been identified,” Nicholson said. “We are striking some, and we will continue to strike these targets as we further refine them.”

[Trump added troops in Afghanistan. But NATO is still short of meeting its goal.]

Asked why the strikes were not carried out until now, nearly three months after Trump approved his new strategy, Nicholson said the operation required extensive preparation and observation by surveillance aircraft. The Drug Enforcement Administration estimates there are 400 to 500 opium laboratories across Afghanistan, he said, and about 10 of them have been bombed so far.

“These strikes required the mapping of their revenue streams, and mapping of their infrastructure in areas where we had not done this before,” Nicholson said.

Hundreds of intelligence analysts have been involved, along with hundreds of hours of aerial surveillance, he added. He indicated that the tempo of airstrikes in coming days will be roughly the same.

Attached: 1548992514570.jpg (500x359, 34K)

Washington Post is a CIA controlled newspaper.

Its pretty simple user, heroin is an incredibly powerful and strategic resource, someone has to control it and it damn well will be the US and its allies before anyone else.

When did we stop saying opiate and start saying opioid? The fagification of our language is getting old.

whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-strategy-afghanistan-south-asia/

more on Trump destroying the opium in Afghanistan.

Duh but when you say opioid the average normie thinks of pills. I’m pretty sure the OP is talking about the way this whole thing is culturally framed

But it is an opioid crisis. If money/access was no object they'd take prescription oxy all day every day. They only switch to heroin due to cost.

They are dependent on opiates, heroin is just the easiest/cheapest way to deliver them into the body.

If 97% of the world's heroin comes from afghanistan, and the US controls the afghani borders, who do you think is smuggling the heroin?

I have literally no reason to ever care about the well-being of a drug addict.

and... Trump is actively fighting it rather than protecting it like Bush and Obama did.

Prescriptions have actually fallen since 2011. And significantly. The government has made it much harder for people to treat their pain. You hear it with Jeff Sessions, saying "oh just take some Ibuprofen" without understanding that it has virtually no effect on extreme types of pain. Honestly, the media perpetuates anti-opioid fearmongering with no understanding of addiction science or pain management science. It's witch doctor shit from the Plague times all over again.

then why are most opioid based prescription drug death rates staying flat? It tells me that they are only cracking down on two that you included in your own image.

Well I do see what you're saying.

Firstly, fentanyl, heroin, vicodin (hydrocodone), oxycontin (extended release oxycodone), methadone, suboxone, subutex, codeine - these are all opioids. It's just the name that refers to this family of chemicals that have activity at human opioid receptors to modulate pain. Side effects include euphoria and constipation.

The key is to cut off the supply, sure, but that doesn't fit the open boarders narrative, so the media focuses on the prescription side, blaming causes endemic in the US. Prescribing habits for opioids are a legitimate issue and it should continue to be pressed.

But yes, you are correct - much of the crisis stems from the cheap availability of heroin and even fentanyl. That said it would5 be here if there wasn't a demand for it, if there was no profit in it. This is a complex problem and it should be attacked from all angles.

Another important point is that "prescription deaths" don't reflect the number of people using or dependent on their opioid medications. Prescription strengths and purities are closely regulated, whereas your bag of heroin off the street could be baby powder, or it could be 4 times as strong as what you had last time. So despite fewer overall using the illegal drugs it can end in much more death proportionally, because it's impossible to accurately dose yourself.

It's far easier to ween someone off of dependence when they're on a well-regulated, monitored regime than when they're shooting up street heroin. Heroin needs to take front and center of the crisis, not oxy or methadone.

wtf I love Jewish pharmaceutical companies now

They're different words dipshit. An opiate is naturally occurring and an opioid is a synthetic molecule similar to an opiate. The -oid suffix means "similar to". The discussion changed from opiates to opioids because a lot of people are now addicted to synthetic painkiller opioids (OxyContin, fentanyl) instead of naturally occurring opiates (heroin) like they used to be.

They pushed and pushed for doctors to prescribe opiods. It was ridiculously easy to get oxycodone or hydrocodone in the early 2000s. Hell, the commercials for oxycontin flat out said it wasn't addictive and showed boomers with aching backs suddenly mowing their lawns and shit. Then the pill mills came on the scene and suddenly there was this massive crackdown. Prescription opiods were practically impossible to get and lots of people turned to heroin. None of this excuses the individuals who let themselves become addicted but they were certainly misled.

Attached: jewpiods.jpg (749x1030, 165K)

Had my wisdom teeth pulled, took ibuprofen instead of the opiod jew because my family has a history of addiction.

They're flat relative to heroin, but I think they're falling slightly.

Attached: screen-shot-2017-05-10-at-24208-pm_750xx715-402-20-0.png (715x402, 66K)

The other part of this 'perfect storm' is the US legalizing cannabis and under cutting the cartels, making them switch to a higher profit, easier to conceal drug rather than cannabis.
Being a pain patient is so expensive and so difficult to obtain/maintain the people that need pain medicine that is cheap and easy to get.
All those illegal mexicans can't get insurance and go to a pharmacy for scripts.
Mexican Heroin.

Attached: opium-poppy-latex.jpg (300x380, 13K)

Dude, I'm totally in favor of fining the shit out of pharma companies and taking their patent rights away, but we can't be sensationalizing about the wrong things.

It’s both dumb fuck

Smoke and mirrors. 10 labs under taliban control being destroyed is peanuts, and thats what we are "supposed to believe" anyways. Who knows whats going on down there really in the fog of war.

When people talk about the opiate crisis they aren't talking about Florida.

interesting theory.
my only issue here is that the pharma jew gets cut out somewhat...
they can't push legal heroin and canibis cuts into their profits when people would rather burn some tree than pay 200 a month to astra-zeneca
I guess in the grand scheme of things pharma is still making money hand over fist and the over arching plan to hobble the white american community is the real goal.

also i kind of want to fuck that poppy....

>All those illegal mexicans can't get insurance
The cost of treating illegal aliens amounts to nearly $11 billion a year, according to calculations done by the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR), a non-profit group

The only thing jews love more than money is dead whites

>Jewish

Wonder why that is relevant to the discussion?

Attached: 1452354759138.png (501x648, 208K)

Reminder that BASED Kratom has 0 deaths caused by it

>my only issue here is that the pharma jew gets cut out somewhat...

There's always the revenue stream that comes from anti-addition medicine, which is expensive as fuck too.
There was methadone, but the patents have expired. The pharama jew needs a fresh drug patent and no competition from generics for max market exploitation.

Don't people switch to heroin because it's cheaper than getting the pills, due to how regulated they are?

Retard. Who reads BULLSHIT then actually believes the bullshit.
KYS

Isnt the 90% of the worldwide heroin coming from Afganistan fields? Fields that are control by the US military?

noone just up and starts shooting heroin for fun. They start taking hydro-codone in highschool, and graduate to snorting OC a few years later. Or in the boomer's case they start with chronic pain and get a pain management rx to oxy out of the gate, get addicted, and begin abusing it. Heroin comes later, after they have gone broke trying to feed their extremely expensive addiction to the pills, and need a cheaper alternative. Needles work the same way, people switch to needles when they need to get as high as possible on the smaller and smaller amounts of dope they can afford.

The heroin deathrate is indicative of the final phase of the pill-epidemic, not a trend in and of itself.

Yes. A survey I read said most people switch b/c it's cheaper. Heroin has gotten especially cheap over the last few years.

Yep

youtu.be/35_WKJX4xb0

So are you a lackey of the Jew Sackler family?

Another absolute RETARD. LARGE NUMBERS of people( chronic pain patients) live ( barely) with 24/7/365 excruciating pain because of some misfortune mostly caused by bad work conditions or some idiot causing an accident. NOT 1 SINGLE chronic pain sufferer ACTUALLY CHOSE their condition just to get drugs.
Mr. I stubbed my toe but manned up and didnt take EBIL drugs. Try suffering real constant pain and see how long you last before you choose "DRUGS" or a fucking GUN.

Choose the gun; it’s cheaper.

prescription opioids is the gateway to heroin. You can't just have a permanent prescription to these things.

holy shit.

>This is reefer madness 2.0 and media/government is actually helping the cartels destroy our country.
It's because you legalized weed so the cartels just switched over to another drug. Just as people had been warning you.

>this almost never happens

It's the government's fault for unconstitutionally prohibiting a free people from doing whatever they want with their own bodies.

>the medical community is aware of opioid risks and prescriptions are heavily regulated
Get the fuck out of here with that shit, you know it isn't true. Doctors would give you a month's worth of opioids for a toothache until a few years ago.

>muh doctor told me to take all these pills

Have some personal responsibility. Goddamn.

What's wrong with wh*Te subhumans killing themselves. This is a good thing

Well maybe he shouldn't have served Israel.

you don't know what you are talking about
i know several people personally who went through this.
muh-anecdotal evidence i know but yes, this is and has happened but it makes you feel more like a comfy edgelord to reee about degenerates.

There’s nothing wrong with it. Eastern Kentucky is ate up with pillbillies and I hope they all overdose.

seems the most informed are the most affected

>it’s cheaper.

no doubt, but make sure your life insurance still pays out in the event of pain relief by handgun

>You can't just have a permanent prescription to these things.

Why not? I've been a pain patient for going on 15 years. I work. I drive. I bank. I pay taxes. Absolutely no one would suspect and people are very surprised when I discuss it.
I avoid the extra drama and hassle of pills and choose to wear a patch instead.

Attached: concerned citizen.jpg (573x493, 43K)

Legalize codeine. Crisis averted.

t. ky

Attached: second.jpg (259x194, 10K)

Trump doesn't even know where Afghanistan is on a map

What part?

This. Heroine is am opiod. Opiod juat covers tge crisis from china, mexico to big pharma and inner sities

I have never uttered that word. Ever. I'm not sitting around here screaming at the jews, or any of that dumb shit.

I don't care about your anecdotal evidence. Statistically, it almost never happens. The vast majority >96% of opioid overdoses are recreational users and established heroin addicts substituting black market opioid pharmaceuticals.

The problem is prohibition. The problem, LIKE ALWAYS - is government.

>Leafposting

Attached: bda.png (1000x1048, 443K)

>how do we make an addictive drug acceptable for casual use by average people?
>make it legal and have it come from a 'doctor'
i hear what you're saying but most of these people, whether they are idiots for it or not were deceived into believing this stuff was safe.
I'm guessing you're not even american though...remove memflag.

>Los Angeles?

Attached: FC662536-235B-4E6A-B2D1-B01ED99C7DA2.gif (220x184, 8K)

People dont start out shooting up heroin though. It's normally the last resort for someone who needs a fix.

And it's not the heroin's fault or any chemical's fault. People choose to take them, people choose to keep taking them, people choose to not get clean. It's called making your own choices.

>the key is cut off the supply
>its the drugs' fault people got addicted
Just like its guns fault that people got shot right amirite? And reducing the supply of guns is the solution?

Who did herion here, how does it feel to be able to reach the maximum possible level of human pleasure and happiness?

First, stop with the memeflag bullshit. This is the flag I use. I'm not going to change it no matter who asks or how much I get called a kike. I'm an American. I live in east Texas.

This is just the DEA insuring they have a means to still exist. It's a manufactured crisis. They see the writing on the wall. Cannabis will be legal in the coming years. What's the DEA's biggest cash crop, so to speak, for busts and confiscation? Well, slap my ass and call me sally, it's cannabis.

Hurry agent jethro t. jackboot, we need to drum up some kind of support mechanism before we all lose our jobs and pensions. I know sir, let's fuck over chronic pain patients and conflate heroin overdose deaths with pharmaceutucal opioids. The press will go along with it because they love a good nlood in the water story.

You're a genius agent jethro t. jackboot. I'm recommending you for section chief!

I imagine it went exactly like that

So in the first 6 months about 40 people per million died from opioids?

Or 0.04 per 100k?

That's somewhat less than a worrying number.

This. I would be perfectly happy with them requiring more physical pain treatment, psych therapy, or whatever (fuck - explore CBD and Kratom), but telling people with cancer, intestinal scarring, or other things to just quit taking meds is stupid and the *current practice.* If the patient just goes home and shoots themselves, that's not considered a medical failure.
You can ignore the pain of wisdom tooth removal (if you want), but it doesn't compare to long term pain that wakes you up at night and keeps you from functioning.

I used to prosecute pill mills. All the laws are retarded.

Just because people on other opiates are not dying of overdose doesn't mean theres no crisis you mongoloid. It's actually fucking hard to od on oxy.

Righteous user. Condemning people to a life of crippling pain is flat out evil.

which is an anti inflammatory and would have still helped, don't be a pussy about it

>not sitting around here screaming at the jews, or any of that dumb shit.
>how much I get called a kike.

Wow. No one in this thread called you that, yet you jump to this. Hmmmmmm.
The other user is right, no one is going to take you seriously using a memeflag.

Attached: 1438290450106.jpg (786x514, 112K)

well they did come out with suboxone and subutex which a bunch of people are addicted to now Instead of methadone

its all they ever talk about too

Most people don't start off with heroin OP. Becoming dependent then addicted is far easier for a subset of the population with certain genes. Oxy craze got me started in late 2000's after massive shoulder issue at a pretty young age. Had a lot of friends die. Lost 7 years of my life. I drink kratom now. T. Former junkie

Who cares? We would be better off if they banned naloxone.