What does Jow Forums think of Jow Forums's patron saint?

youtube.com/watch?v=9c3sv30w158

Attached: Stallman on RT_2019.04.15.jpg (1246x835, 104K)

He is a faggot
Terry A. Davis is better.

imagine the smell

Stallman is right about pretty much everything on software, but pretty much nothing else in politics. He's been a Green Party voter for decades because he's effectively still a Massachusetts college student who never left that bubble. Also he's a Jew.

Attached: rms_pepper_juggler.gif (403x447, 316K)

>software shud be free even if it takes 100s of thousands of manhours to create!

The alternative is the Jewish dystopia of DRM and social media so yeah.

what does DRM and social media have to do with what I'm talking about?

If you don't understand, you're not qualified to have an opinion.

The alternative is software that you cant trust because you can see the code.

yeah you don't have an argument

>implying you never pirate anything online
your a faggot

>I'm too retarded to read the very basic texts he has written to know that my strawman is not true!

>posts while using windows

that was supposed to be an argument?

Attached: 856AD316-8B38-4712-9048-D4C3AB05D5AE.jpg (1200x816, 198K)

social media has nothing to do with open source, and DRM mostly affects stuff like video games , which you faggots live for

>strawmans for the second time
big braned lad

>strawmans for the third time
based

I thought Linux was shit, I've found out Linux is actually a super computer for the average technically literate. Shit's so cash, I mean Windows can do it too, but Linux is built to do it out of the box. If you're into computers, Linux is the way.

Attached: 1554400376926.jpg (600x615, 69K)

Terry A. Davis is deader.

You're a third world millennial so of course you want everything free

Stallman held back open source more than anyone else ever.

People are literally typing into Windows 10 keyloggers right now because this Jew lived.

checked bow to your linux overlords plebs

still can't even play good vidya gaems on his shitty OS

>everything is a strawmam
>as I guzzle soilent

Not really. Terry's soul is eternal. Fat-fuck doesn't have a soul.

>strawmans for the fourth time

YOU HAVE MADE A COMMON MISTAKE OF ASSUMING THAT FREE SOFTWARE IS REFERRING TO THE COST OF THE SOFTWARE WHEN IN FACT THIS IS NOT THE CASE. WHILE MANY FREE SOFTWARE PRORAMS ARE, IN FACT, "GRATIS", THE TERM FREE SOFTWARE IS REFERRING TO THE ABILITY OF THE USER TO CONTROL THE SOFTWARE, RATHER THAN THE OTHER WAY AROUND.

>except when it actually is a strawman

Saint Terry was taken from us far too early

Attached: 1553803745071.jpg (474x712, 92K)

>thousands of hours coding
>for free
>for millennials
Seems like glorified paypigging to me

FREE DOES NOT MEAN GRATIS IN THIS CASE IT REFERS TO THE LEVEL OF CONTROL OVER THE OPERATION OF THE SOFTWARE GIVEN TO THE USER. ANYTHING LESS THAN 100% AND IT'S NOT FREE SOFTWARE. BUT FREE SOFTWARE CAN COST MONEY.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

I think he's a little left leaning, but almost everything is believes and has done for computers is absolutely based and red pilled. He deserves Jow Forums's admiration. If our Founding Fathers were alive, they would use GNU/Linux

Free doesn't mean free of cost, it means your free to do whatever you want with it: modify the source, redistribute, etc... If it takes 100s of thousands of man hours to develop, companies can still sell it.
DRM affects everything. It is just as obtrusive and retarded in Adobe and Autodesk software, for instance.

Digits of truth

why would users have any interest in the code? Not everybody is autistic, sorry

"Free" doesn't mean that it costs nothing, it means visible and modifiable to the user. You make money on the support and upkeep of the software, not on walling people into opaque (((ecosystems))). That said, the ship has sailed and its over now.

Imagine believing that your operating system should be as non-standardized as computer parts are.

He built a temple to God and now sits with him. Bless him.

>mfw I installed gentoo and fell for the meme

Attached: milkandcookies.jpg (197x188, 6K)

>the ship has sailed and its over now.
Don't be so defeatist, Britbro. It will take time, but I think people will eventually get redpilled on it. Many people in this thread at one point in their lives had probably never even heard of Linux. It took years for me, but I converted from Winblows to Linux.

silly argument 99% of people are not going to modify code. Open source just means both free shit + buzzwords for millennials to obtain techie cool points. srsly go drink more soi

why do I need linux when I can just use windows?

You don't need Linux untill you need Linux, it has it's user cases.

>he forgets our savior Terry Davis
rip terry

>I can just use windows

Attached: son.jpg (750x819, 539K)

well if you want to not be spied on while you use your computer then it's for you, if you really don't mind then yeah, use Windows.

t. Brainlet

>Why do I need steak when I can survive on vegetables?
Linux offers free software of superior quality, which fair enough, an be obtained on Windows. The upside to Linux is that you don't have Micro$oft collecting your data, and the threat of gov't back doors is far lower.

Other nice features:
>Update on your own terms
>Free of charge forever
>You never have to get cucked by Microsoft
>If you install default applications, Microsoft will not reinstall them
It all boils down to greater privacy and great control over your computer.

what would happen to the current close source software? If it now becomes 'free' as the source code is open

>*uninstall default applications
Sorry for the brainfart.

the problem with Linux is that i can't use some of muh games on it , so i still use Windows even though i don't like their forced updates and when they mess up with some options that makes D3DOverrider not work again (i still found the fix to make it usable yet again though).

But do you use TempleOS?

Attached: Terry A. Davis TempleOS.png (1596x1140, 1.21M)

Have you tried running the games with wine?

at least the guy practices what he preaches

Gnu plus linux interjection stopped being funny in 2011 , what next a Paul Dano classic comment.

>implying anybody who collects money from software has ever worked
Bosses don't work, that's why you are full of Indians, Mexicans..etc. and you aren't getting more money or less debt, quite the contrary. More those companies make money and grow, less American and less money you have.

nope , but i've used Ubuntu before and didn't like it.

btw , i already edited the scripts for the game Mount & Blade Warband , is the game open source ?

Witnessed

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as interjection, is in fact, interjection/meme, or as I've recently taken to calling it, interjection plus meme. An interjection is not a joke unto itself, but rather a communicative component of a fully functioning joke system made useful by variations of its text, and autism.

>Is Mount and Blade: Warband open-source?
I wish it was.

Once a jew, always a jew.

>What does Jow Forums think of Jow Forums's patron saint?
on this topic, he's exactly right. it's undeniable what facebook is doing with millions of people's data. facebook needs to be gassed.

>ctrl+f "pedo"
>0 results
Faggot is going wayyyyy too easy on this clown
Look at his face. You'll figure it out.

Stallman is right on most things but he somewhat naive about some internet privacy. His part about the dildo toy passing through the company server is rather trite. The internet itself requires passing data through 3rd parties even in the 80s and 90s. There is absolutely no way for data to transmit across the internet without someone else being capable of observing it, in the 80s and 90s it was the Phone Company, in the 2000s+ its the Broadband companies. That a company acts as a central hub for data transmission is irrelevant to privacy at this point because you were compromised from the moment the data left your computer. Even in the 1980s on services like FidoNet you still had third parties capable of observing your shit, hell to send a message on FidoNet you operators LITERALLY had to manually deliver shit and someone on the West Coast with more money than sense would deliver it across the Pacific Ocean. Each person could observe the contents of the message as well. Stallman is just trying to revert the clock back to a point in time that never existed. Even in the Middle Ages governments were astonishingly capable of tracking people, Manuel Komenos had every Latin in the Byzantine Empire arrested on the same day. This was in an era where communication was done by fucking horse and donkey.

last man standing

Hahaha
He looks like Tom Araya from Slayer!!
Lolll

Attached: 220px-14-06-08_RiP_Slayer_Tom_Araya_1.jpg (220x330, 21K)

"Free as in freedom not free as in free beer."
-Richard Stallman

not watching does he eat shit off his feet again?

It's the brain damage you get from having your foreskin ripped off.

And you need to understand what you're talking about before you ask questions

His soul is trapped in in the temple Os bootloader. You need to boot the Os on a laptop the exact moment you run over a glow nigger to summon him.

He's the reincarnation of Karl Marx.

Doesnt that cunt eat his own toenails / dead skin off his foot? I ask because I have seen video footage in the form of a GIF that attests to that fact

Any option that suggests it has to be one way or another is removing freedom. A market that allows both open and closed source software to exist and be bought by choice is the superior one.

It also means that you can see if it's using the compromised encryption standards the NSA forced most devs to write into firmware. Linus has turned them down more than once.

I find it kind of weird how he is so pro-anonymity when it comes to "data" but he doesn't like cryptocurrency because he thinks it's too dangerous to have fully anonymous money like monero that is outside censorability by governments..... because he wants people to pay taxes? It's a confusing world view he has when you introduce anything beyond very specific computer stuff, it seems like.

>fully anonymous money
It's not though... the 'value' of it is that every transaction is open to the public. You literally have to download the entire ledger history to mine it.

His Twitter account has posts dating even after his purported death. He's with us, dead or alive

Attached: cover2.jpg (768x432, 40K)

I always assumed that Jow Forums's patron saint was to Jow Forums what jewface is to Jow Forums i.e. ironic mascot

Attached: 1501694712504[1].png (1777x657, 230K)

Docker

Yes. Companies would still need to pay someone to make it and maintain it retard. The free part is about the source code being available.

>no games

it has some games now though, but it's not made for games obviously

It has Steam and literally thousands of Steam games now, plus Steam now has Wine built in so you can seamlessly run any Windows game with Steam on Linux now too.

The muh gaymes argument's completely dead. Heck most people report higher frame rates with Steam+Linux+Wine than the Windows native version for identical games.