Have you planted your garden this year?

Have you planted your garden this year?

Attached: 1555085293075.jpg (1024x683, 243K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4Mqg8Af5U8A
youtube.com/watch?v=YKCavoQc4dc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I had snow yesterday, cuntface. Give me a couple weeks, asshole.

Garden is going in next Saturday.

Not yet. Just rotated all the soil n shieeeettt

when women plant stuff its called a garden, when men do it we call it farming

Last year I had watermelons and was so happy, because everybody kept telling me the summers in germany are not warm enough.

This year I will try eggplants.

YOUVE GOT 7 DAYS FAGGOT

Attached: 1514817821669.png (346x450, 133K)

>Farm
>No live stock

Anytime I plant before May 1st, my garden fails to thrive. I usually wait until the perch start mating. That seems to be a good judge of when it's a good time to start planting.

it's autumn. everything will just die except the onions.

Attached: snow.jpg (960x712, 173K)

Last time I tried to weed and till my garden a snake attacked me. I'll get it done soon.

Just need to find habenero and ghost pepper saplings to plant.

I usually grow tomatoes, cucumbers and other small things.
I do personally pickle my cucumbers. They're great with cold weather.

>I usually wait until the perch start mating
thats the dumbest thing i ever read

Attached: 1549650393811.png (472x565, 18K)

Waiting for the last frost date, but I've started germinating about 30 seeds, 6 have popped so far, 4 tomatoes and 2 lettuce. I have them under a shitty little T5 light for the next 3 weeks until it's warm enough to plant them outside.

Attached: 1555343391460.jpg (1332x999, 787K)

Check which gardening zone you live in. For me, zone 6a, my last frost date is May 6th. The soil is still way too cold in April.

What this fine gentalmen said.

An old feather Indian in the area told me that trick. Granted, he drank himself to death not soon after.

You have to understand, it's not uncommon to see ice on Superior or the Järvi River in May in these parts. Hell, I was sailing with my buddy in 2016 in June and we nearly hit a chuck of ice the size of a bus.

Just follow USDA plant hardiness chart to determine your "frost-free date." All plantings are timed in relation to the frost-free date.

Attached: 1280px-2012_USDA_Plant_Hardiness_Zone_Map_(USA).jpg (1280x853, 278K)

Burpee's has a lot of good pepper strains. Big Boss hybrid, poblanos, Serrano's, and jalepenos are great. I don't think they have ghost peppers though.

no, I gave up after the first run. Ants, snails, moles and all types of garden niggers raped my fucking plantation. I only plant non edible stuff.

Attached: 1486811478161.jpg (565x600, 34K)

Got finished burning most of the branches and leaves from last year and this (couldn't make a fire due to laws of the past dry summer and I'm a lawabiding citizen).
I've put some garlic this far but I'm turning some soil and gonna put some rootveggies in there this week, also the greenhouse just got shoad and the grapevines are hollacoated, tomatoes are coming in the plenties.
Also I'm thinking of building a chickenhouse and getting me some pearlhens, maybe next year but I'm stoked. Spring is in the air, I'm feeling this summer good and life is amazing as I'm downing my 3rd beer for this evening.

Last weekend I went out back in my SS uniform and gave all the sprouting weeds a good gassing

Been lovin container gardening, on the second round now.

Attached: 20190413_154819.jpg (3264x2448, 2.7M)

This used to be a burn pit the old owners used to burn garbage in. I cleaned it up and tilled it. Do you think anything will grow there?

Attached: IMG_20190403_194838002-2672x2004.jpg (2672x2004, 1.94M)

plant everything in april burger said... now it's covered in worms and all's gone...

Attached: 0f4c290c59495313e3a2ef57487fff7fbc5e01455df4b2564306161ba49b5f41.png.jpg (612x428, 97K)

>Do you think anything will grow there?
yeah just put down a thick layer of salt first, really mix it into the ground

Attached: 1554676306298.gif (750x750, 16K)

Got some cold weather things started: potatoes, onlon sets, radishes, carrots, some others. Probably will cut the first batch of asparagus today. Winter onions are ready to start using too.

Nice, I'm a huge fan of growing in 5 gallon buckets as well.

The pH levels might be fucked up from the remnants of ash to be honest. Get a pH pen testing kit and find out what level you're at.

i am going to attempt my first garden this year but the weather is so fucking shit

I didn't even plant anything in my garden and all of a sudden I'm growing cat turds everywhere.

Mate, i've seen shit grow in a pile of old cable trimmings where the small plastic pieces substituted for earth. Plants will grow everywhere, the question is if you want to eat that shit afterwards.

What kind of crap did they burn?

That is a fucking big garden.

For you

It really just depends on the ratio of ashes to soil. You could check the pH like another user said, or take a sample and get a soil test. Ask your local county extension office about that. Or just try it and see what happens.

Good advice, dishwasher salt works better than table salt.

Most of those are pretty easy to find anyway. The killers are harder to come by.

Pic related is one of my three plots last year. It takes a lot of garden if you actually grow all your own food.

Attached: garden-2018-07-25.jpg (1280x720, 103K)

Garlic, popatoes, pumpkins, 6 varieties of peppers and a Blue Mystic cannabis plant.

Attached: 577jby9hrb021.jpg (1024x653, 47K)

>popatoes

Potatoes, hurrr. These weird things.

Attached: Shetland_Black-500x500.jpg (500x500, 69K)

Yes sir!

Attached: 11172FC4-18AB-4F27-B7BA-73F0DE449E5A.png (1080x1920, 3.84M)

Funny thing with winter salad, it's still here, all year long. Tomato, potato, garlic, onions, peppers, cucumbers, things that need no care whatsoever, if you have above 6/10 soil. Pure basic anybody should have.

You trolling? You know what they have been burning in that? It's reasonable to expect they've burned all kinds of toxic shit and used a bit of gasoline on days when the first just doesn't want to burn... you know it's not only clean firewood you burn in those types of pits.

That's probably the last place imaginable I'd ever grow food in.

Australia: what doesn't kills you, only make you more poisonous.

started all my plants in the green house. i am excited this year lots of potatoes and strawberries

Attached: 67358476945877970.jpg (256x197, 11K)

I'm not sure. I think mostly wood since the guy was a tree remover. The pile was about 4' tall it took a few weeks to burn it. I found glass and metal once all the wood was burned I probably raked up 300lbs of just unburnable stuff. I'm hoping at least grass will grow there

Ya big fan of the buckets, also I rent so if I ever have to move it's all going with me!

eggplants are even worse they need lots of warm days.

you can basically grow all yer round dont complain

What is this picture?

The Circle of Life.

fuck i miss having a garden. planning to buy a house with one rn. I live in a shitty apartment rn

that is absolutely the last place you should plant or eat anything from. you should give that spot to weeds for several years before you think about growing anything there, fucking RETARD

Attached: 1524880771236.jpg (368x700, 68K)

you're silly

Attached: 1503546911145.jpg (900x529, 67K)

>eggplants are even worse they make up only 17% of the garden but account for over 50% of the crop failure

fixed that for you

Attached: BeavisLivesMatter.jpg (610x364, 52K)

the way to save the planet. Huglekulture is a way to sequester carbon in the soil while also providing plants with much needed water AND nutrients. ontop of all that if you create these rows like in the image you can just walk up and pick your plants without all the bending and stooping

Attached: 1513551597016.jpg (620x346, 60K)

This is a good baseline for anyone looking to start a garden, the world war victory garden

Attached: victory garden plot.jpg (199x254, 11K)

Nope.
Throw some earthworms into it, cover it with mulch, and let it go fallow for a few years first. Replace the worms every year.

you're growing outside and it's already flowering in april?

HAHHAHA LOOK AT EM HAHAHA LOOK AT THEM LITTLE BITTY THINGS! OH NO NO NO NO NO HAHAHA

Attached: 1437650070170.jpg (251x240, 11K)

If anything, plant sunflowers there for 4 or 5 years but DO NOT eat the seeds and remove the sunflowers at the end of each season and dispose of the carcasses in your burn pile.

Sunflowers soak up lots of toxic shit in the soil.

Attached: 1521850562414.jpg (1419x952, 270K)

it's a lawn

living that trad life

Attached: 1518986569555.jpg (936x661, 577K)

If you have the space a greenhouse is a godsent but making a tunnel with plastic and pvc piping should also do the trick.

I have one of those. It got covered in grass faster than I could weed it out. Now I have a funny grass mound. Thinking about covering it in blue berries.

Interesting. Thanks for the redpill

>he's not on the carnivore diet
never going to make it

Guys. Just plant in raised beds. Suburban soil is poz'd and raised beds are easier to maintain anyway. It's literally win/win.

Especially for the guy with the burn pit. Don't even bother. Just build a raised bed and fill it with perfectly cultivated soil.

Saved. I would love to try that.

Maybe I'll do that. I had a problem with mice this winter and I'm not sure I want a bunch of extra seeds and shit around.

wood ash is fertilizer, it will be fine.I wouldn't eat vegetables from there if there was a chance something toxic burned there.

Bro one time my old bronco was so dirty inside that I found a fucking little weed growing in between the floor mat and door threshold. No joke I tried letting it grow too. Some jerk buddy of mine stepped on it while trying to get some from a chick at a party. Devastated me.

Can't start until today, but won't start until Thursday. Too soon to plant most stuff but I'll get the ground ready

Got 1600 sqft

It sounds like the sort of advice my grandfather would give. It's kind of nice, actually.

Usually wait til May. Trying to remember what did well last year as I have limited space that doesn't get that much sun.

>chard
>basil
>tiny red onions
>sometimes tomatoes

>get some seeds
>ready to plant
>it snows
it was literally in the 70s just two days ago, how the fuck can weather drop to freezing like that lmao

plants grow from carbon in the air(which is why you never have to add more earth to your houseplants), whether they grow in a pile of human garbage or not is irrelevant.

I have my clones ready

Attached: IMG_6954.jpg (2448x3264, 2.34M)

are you in MI? I'm in southern ontario and the same thing happened

One Purple tomato

Attached: IMG_6751.jpg (3264x2448, 2.65M)

tomatoes are a shit fruit. nasty little things.

I just started getting into gardening this year. Waiting for my tomatoniggers to pop up any day now!

Attached: sig.png (2000x1700, 897K)

youtube.com/watch?v=4Mqg8Af5U8A
>tomatoes are a shit fruit
You shut your whore mouth.

Attached: jb.jpg (1876x1244, 131K)

other than the fact that they leech metals and alkaloids out of the ground which makes planting in a burn pit disgusting and unsafe.

>year of our lord two thousand and nineteen
>live in the south
>it’s the suburbs but could be worse
>20x20 plot planted first of March
>my oldest son is ~3 this year and I get to hang out with him every afternoon pulling weeds and watering the garden
>wife comes out with little baby girl and watches us in the shade
>son and dog chase each other around the yard for a while I drink a beer and grill something for dinner.
>feelsgoodman

Attached: D963D4A9-53EF-4BE9-A65E-36FA46FF4066.jpg (416x434, 46K)

Hugelkultur

Doesn't this need an air pump to oxygenate the water?

youtube.com/watch?v=YKCavoQc4dc

Still too cold

Even though hydroponics sound like a meme, theyre not bad as an alternative.

Last year.

I'm sure the water gets oxygenated when it's being pumped over the gravel grow bed in step 2

It's pretty sensible advice. What better way to gauge when to invest effort into food than to look to see when the other animals are working to invest in their own young? Granted it's not perfect, but it's definitely better than just guessing, unless you have the data

Raised beds and hügelcultures help with that. The degrading biomass is producing heat which helps the plants grow earlier and longer.
Depending on the height of them they also have more sun exposure then the bare ground and store the heat of the day a bit longer.

Attached: 1555273083569.jpg (1650x1275, 455K)

Sir, I’m gonna hafta write you up for being too comfy in a residential area.

Gas exchange happens at the surface, so all that’s really needed is for enough movement to break the surface tension. Found that out when I was setting up a planted fish tank recently.

is that you, mr HOA?

Attached: B75131C4-46EC-4C7F-AF1D-EF0D4718B260.jpg (627x749, 207K)

gib alaska back

Attached: 1521848014076.png (829x633, 348K)

Planted Kale, Beetroot and Swiss Chard last week.

Only NATIVE EUROPEAN plants are grown in my yard.